Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Peyote vs. mescaline * 1
    #15078916 - 09/14/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So, I just met a friend who is a navajo indian and has access to the navajo reservation. I'm meeting him today to smoke some weed and talk about some shit. Him and I are taking a trip next month to arizona to the navajo reservation and I'm getting peyote. He's already told me that HE will need to buy it and I will give him the money (I totally thought they just went out to the middle of nowhere and picked some peyote but no, you have to buy it from a shop I guess.) He told me to bring about $150 for the peyote.

He doesn't mind doing this for me, as he has a card that enables him to have peyote ANYWHERE in the usa, he can even take it onto an airplane, as we're going to be going on the plane.

I'm just curious, is there any difference in experience between eating the actual peyote cactus (or making a tea or whatever choice of ingestion) and eating a mescaline extraction? Thanks.

Also, for those who know, will $150 be enough to get 2 doses of peyote? The first dose I want to dose low so I know what to expect, and then the second time I do it, I want to "break through" but not have too strong of a trip. I don't want to be tripping for a whole day or anything like that. lol. So, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: occollegeboi] * 1
    #15078944 - 09/14/11 04:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I believe there would be a difference because along with mescaline there are other alkaloids that can subtly or not so subtly change a trip. I think the same goes for any cactus vs eating extracted mescaline.

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15078963 - 09/14/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Peyote contains many other phenethylamine alkaloids (e.g. some similar to MDMA) which enhance the effects of the mescaline.

I don't know how much he will give you for $150. For that much, I would hope that you are getting a LOT of buttons.
My friend used to get a bag full of buttons for $40-50.
The bottom line is: Ask your friend how many buttons you will get for that much money. :shrug:

Also, I feel obligated to tell you that a good mescaline trip will have you tripping for 15+ hours.
There is really no way around "tripping for a whole day"; that is the effect of the cactus.

--------------------

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: Grizvok] * 1
    #15078975 - 09/14/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Your getting most of the alkaloids anyway if you make a tea because they are water soluble, where if you ate them whole, you will digest the plant matter and likely feel a bit ill, but if you are going to be tripping with a user that takes it for spiritual purposes, they may take the whole nauseating experience as a significant part of the trip.

--------------------

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: Fronnis] * 1
    #15078989 - 09/14/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fronnis said:
Your getting most of the alkaloids anyway if you make a tea because they are water soluble, where if you ate them whole, you will digest the plant matter and likely feel a bit ill, but if you are going to be tripping with a user that takes it for spiritual purposes, they may take the whole nauseating experience as a significant part of the trip.

Making a tea doesn't equal a mescaline extraction.

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

#15079002 - 09/14/11 05:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grizvok said:
Quote:

Fronnis said:

Of course, but he did mention making a tea in his post.

--------------------

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

#15079023 - 09/14/11 05:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fronnis said:
Quote:

Grizvok said:
Quote:

Fronnis said:

Of course, but he did mention making a tea in his post.

His post mentions nothing about tea vs eating the entire product. It is about tea vs extracted crystalline mescaline.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
    #15079045 - 09/14/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grizvok said:
I believe there would be a difference because along with mescaline there are other alkaloids that can subtly or not so subtly change a trip. I think the same goes for any cactus vs eating extracted mescaline.

Quote:

occollegeboi said:
So, I just met a friend who is a navajo indian and has access to the navajo reservation. I'm meeting him today to smoke some weed and talk about some shit. Him and I are taking a trip next month to arizona to the navajo reservation and I'm getting peyote. He's already told me that HE will need to buy it and I will give him the money (I totally thought they just went out to the middle of nowhere and picked some peyote but no, you have to buy it from a shop I guess.) He told me to bring about $150 for the peyote.

He doesn't mind doing this for me, as he has a card that enables him to have peyote ANYWHERE in the usa, he can even take it onto an airplane, as we're going to be going on the plane.

I'm just curious, is there any difference in experience between eating the actual peyote cactus (or making a tea or whatever choice of ingestion) and eating a mescaline extraction? Thanks.

Also, for those who know, will $150 be enough to get 2 doses of peyote? The first dose I want to dose low so I know what to expect, and then the second time I do it, I want to "break through" but not have too strong of a trip. I don't want to be tripping for a whole day or anything like that. lol. So, thanks.

there is a difference in between taking mesc by itself and peyote. this is because peyote contains more than 50 other alkaloids besides mesc, many which can have an effect on the trip or be psychoactive on their own. now if you make a wide range alkaloid extraction from peyote, such as an acid/base extraction, all the other alkaloids will be there with the mesc. the main difference in the trip from an extraction of peyote and eating eat it, is avoiding the nausea from all the ass-tasting plant material being ingested, although even pure mesc and the other alkaloids can make you nauseated if you take a large dose all at one time. you'll probably buy the dried buttons, weighing the material is much more accurate than just eating x number of butttons. 30 grams should have 300+ mgs mescaline. i reccomend you to eat no less than a half gram mesc, so 50 gms or more dried peyote(although personally i'd go a gram). you will most likely experience some nausea, don't fight it, puke if you need to, it will "help purify you", and you'll feel much better. enjoy your vacation, lucky :psychsplit:
p.s. if you don't like it after you try it, i'd be glad to take it off your hands:grin:

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

#15079062 - 09/14/11 05:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, but I wanted to clarify what the differences are between ingesting plant matter and making a tea are, and how his friend may recommend him to ingest the Lophophora. Is there a problem to state the difference between ingesting the plant matter and making a tea, as he suggests doing either?
I wouldn't recommend eating the buttons, and I wouldn't recommend doing an extraction unless you want a clearer trip. I've never done an extraction myself, but the Mescaline salt I have taken lasted a good bit shorter than tea, and the trip was easier to control. I would probably only really want to extract Mescaline into a salt if I were planning to take it at a festival, and take a tea when I am in a more comfortable environment experiencing all the alkaloids the cactus has to offer. Even after a tea, I still feel a little ill for the first few hours.

--------------------

OfflineConnoisseur

#15079221 - 09/14/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damn I wish mescalito came my way.....
Im making some bridgessii tar tho :smile:
If your paying 150 bux make sure your at least getting 5 doses.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#15079497 - 09/14/11 07:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Occollegeboi, make sure to try a bridgesii or San Pedro trip after you've indulged in peyote so you can tell us guys in the cheap seats how the holy rollers do it.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: joemolloy] * 1
    #15080097 - 09/14/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Occollegeboi, make sure to try a bridgesii or San Pedro trip after you've indulged in peyote so you can tell us guys in the cheap seats how the holy rollers do it.

:ilold:

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #15089808 - 09/16/11 10:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The friend I met does not like peyote himself. He said it makes him "trip out" too much and he does not like the nausia. He says you feel better after you vomit though. 

I already told my friend I don't want to do the peyote in a sweat lodge or anything like that because it would make me have a bad trip in that heat. 

He says that I can buy it either in button form or in powder form. 

How will peyote make my body feel? Will it be very relaxing like shrooms or a little speedy like acid?

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

#15089871 - 09/16/11 10:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

occollegeboi said:
The friend I met does not like peyote himself. He said it makes him "trip out" too much and he does not like the nausia. He says you feel better after you vomit though. 

I already told my friend I don't want to do the peyote in a sweat lodge or anything like that because it would make me have a bad trip in that heat. 

He says that I can buy it either in button form or in powder form. 

How will peyote make my body feel? Will it be very relaxing like shrooms or a little speedy like acid?

it's going to be *way* more speedy than acid, with a strong amphetamine like quality to it as you go up in dosage. low doses aren't really that speedy though. it really doesn't matter if it's buttons or powder if you're going to make tea, other than a step is out of the way. it would be cool though to get buttons so you can show pics of them here, and so you can keep the buttons longer that you don't use. have a good time!:grin:

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Loc: •FrEsH CoAsT Flag
Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: Han Jeremy] * 1
    #15089899 - 09/16/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damn the Mexican "shamans" I met were way different, they went down to Mexico and hunted the peyote themselves and he would offer me the peyote for free, said it's in bad spirit to ask for money in return but a trade of my promise was all he wanted that I'd pass on the word of love the peyote would share with me. I still wear the bandana he wrapped it in to this day which he claimed was "blessed" I feel in a way it's given me luck. But meh Indians are greedy with their stuff he will probably give you A button for that $150 and tell you someshit like "if the peyote spirit wants you to take the journey, a quarter of this button should be more than enough" lol

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote vs. mescaline [Re: PeterPanda209] * 1
    #15089916 - 09/16/11 10:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PeterPanda209 said:
Damn the Mexican "shamans" I met were way different, they went down to Mexico and hunted the peyote themselves and he would offer me the peyote for free, said it's in bad spirit to ask for money in return but a trade of my promise was all he wanted that I'd pass on the word of love the peyote would share with me. I still wear the bandana he wrapped it in to this day which he claimed was "blessed" I feel in a way it's given me luck. But meh Indians are greedy with their stuff he will probably give you A button for that $150 and tell you someshit like "if the peyote spirit wants you to take the journey, a quarter of this button should be more than enough" lol

what general area in mex were you at? i'm very curious to see what their prices are like myself on the res.

--------------------

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Loc: •FrEsH CoAsT Flag
    #15089944 - 09/16/11 11:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Never stepped foot in mexico I lived around the corner from the man himself who would go out to Mexico to pick peyote, he also went out there once a year to pick mushrooms :smile:

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

#15090004 - 09/16/11 11:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PeterPanda209 said:
Never stepped foot in mexico I lived around the corner from the man himself who would go out to Mexico to pick peyote, he also went out there once a year to pick mushrooms :smile:

i see, very interesting indeed  :sunny:

--------------------

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

#15090009 - 09/16/11 11:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dude my friend is not going to rip me off. lol! His boyfriend (he is married) is getting him and I a motel over in arizona. It is in tuba, arizona.

If I dose low first, and then do a break through dose, can I lose control of myself? Or is it a very gradual thing?

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15090032 - 09/16/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't find mescaline to be amphetamine-like at all.  I'm very sensitive to stimulants, and I get uncomfortable after half a cup of coffee.  But 2 feet of bridgesii didn't have that affect on me.

Sure, it wasn't dreamy like shrooms, it was clearer like LSD.  But it wasn't speedy.  I didn't feel tweaked out or anything.

And peyote is supposed to be much "dreamier" than the trichocereus cacti.

Though MDMA-like is very accurate.  Definitely felt very strongly like an MDMA dose with a psychedelic.

150$ is a fuck load for a trip.  You could get a very good mescaline trip on trichocereus for 40$.  But I guess it's worth it to experience the spectrum of alkaloids in peyote.  Report back.

It's very very difficult to have a bad trip on mescaline, so don't put too much thought into it.  You're going to have a damn good time.  I don't think there's any reason to keep your dose low.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds