Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblespare_some_change

Loc: Nebraska Flag
Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: JaffyJaffar]
    #15102479 - 09/19/11 06:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

tomorrow let me know how your trip goes on these beauties.
how much are you plann on eating??:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: spare_some_change]
    #15102504 - 09/19/11 06:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'll be drinking tea made from 35 grams fresh in about an hour

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

Invisiblespare_some_change

Loc: Nebraska Flag
Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: Fungus_monk]
    #15102554 - 09/19/11 06:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cool man. havefun bro.  :scaryshroom:

yea and how much does all that weigh. if u had to guess??

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

#15102566 - 09/19/11 06:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

35 fresh grams should be fun. Have a safe trip man

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

#15102573 - 09/19/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well i got 35 g's wet from 6 shrooms so far.
Idk, the total of what was in the pics will probably come out to 90 g's wet depending on how big they all mature. Which is really a rather poor harvest for 6 cakes

Thanks winged1!
The roast of charlie sheen should be interesting

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

#15102595 - 09/19/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:winning: :sheen:

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sissy's Cooter, Alabama
Re: Fungus_monk's grow log *Update:9/19/11 with mush pics* [Re: Fungus_monk]
    #15103153 - 09/19/11 08:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

And this is my setup that i've got going on:

The 4-tier shelving system helps keep all my stuff organized and my fc fits perfect on the top.

Get some painter plastic and cut it out to fit around that rack and turn it into a martha and move to bulk... That's what I'd do If I had that rack...

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: Mr.FunGuy]
    #15103426 - 09/19/11 09:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well im pretty disappointed, looking back i dont think i had prepared for this trip properly. I ate about two hours before and i dont think my tea was very strong due to some external factors.
The rest of this will just be eaten straight up next time.

--------------------
My Trade List

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Gettin' my grow on :)
Male

Loc: Myco-Tek.org Flag
    #15103687 - 09/19/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:feelsbadman:

What happened :frown:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #15103734 - 09/19/11 10:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well when i steeped my tea i had put all the fresh mushroom bits(previously chopped) into a coffee filter and tied it shut, when on my previous batch of just 25 grams fresh i chopped them all up and just through them right into the tea and then strained them out.
I also ate a pretty hefty meal about two hours before but i hadnt really ate all day and didnt feel like ingesting some nasty ass tea on an empty stomach.

I think tea made from dry mushrooms would probably be better than a tea from fresh.
From now on i will just be patient and wait for the right time to trip.

--------------------
My Trade List

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

#15103796 - 09/19/11 10:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fungus_monk said:
Well im pretty disappointed, looking back i dont think i had prepared for this trip properly. I ate about two hours before and i dont think my tea was very strong due to some external factors.
The rest of this will just be eaten straight up next time.

Bro I tried eatin em fresh last Friday and fucked everything up... Had I just dried them and ate all I had in one big dry pile,I woulda tripped 4x harder... but I wanted to eat em fresh.. Little did I know I couldn't stomach it, and I only got 18 grams fresh down...

I'm sorry, but I REALLY don't think tea is the way to go... There's NO way you are gonna get all the alkaloids out of the mushies, and into the water... Why not just eat em...? Sounds like you just learned the hard way like I did last Friday, just in a different way... Next time, just eat em dry, all at once...

If you REALLY think you can handle em fresh, then fine, just eat em fresh, but be sure you eat at LEAST 30 grams wet... And that's still not a whole lot, unless of course you're a lightweight....

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

#15103806 - 09/19/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm gonna make chocolates with my harvest this weekend... :laugh:

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

#15103820 - 09/19/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea bro im not doing tea anymore.
I'll just keep my patience in check and dry them properly.
Once dried i will go from there.

--------------------
My Trade List

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Male

#15103898 - 09/19/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Tea via dried shrooms is tits!  Goes down quick and easy...

Dry shrooms...  shred/chop/grid/whatever...  put in mug with 1~2 tablespoons of real lemon juice (such as Santa Cruz brand)...  boil water...  add tea of choice, such as lemon-ginger and pepermint, etc, to mug...  fill mug with boiling water...  steep seven(ish) minutes...  strain through coffee filter...  add (raw) honey to taste...  mix and enjoy! :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #15104096 - 09/19/11 11:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:

Dry shrooms...  shred/chop/grid/whatever...  put in mug with 1~2 tablespoons of real lemon juice (such as Santa Cruz brand)...  boil water...  add tea of choice, such as lemon-ginger and pepermint, etc, to mug...  fill mug with boiling water...  steep seven(ish) minutes...  strain through coffee filter...  add (raw) honey to taste...  mix and enjoy! :smile: :thumbup:

Why would you boil psilocybin??? Water boils at like 280 degrees, which is more than 150 degrees over the temp that will destroy psilocybin... Mycelium does at 109 degrees, so Psilocybin dies rihgt around the same temp...

If you read any good shroom chcolate recipe, it will tell you to just melt the chocolate and let it cool, to where you can stick your finger in it comfortably withot even coming close to being burned... and that it will stay melted yet only be about 80-90 degrees... That is the ONLY way that makes sense...

and if you were gonna make a tea or dirnk with them, you should only use warm water if it's gonna be heated at all, and just let the shrooms soak in it for a few hours... Lemon juice however can be just mixed with the dried shrooms and either left to sit for a while or drank right there. But heating should never be done!!!

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Male

#15104146 - 09/19/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
Why would you boil psilocybin??? Water boils at like 280 degrees, which is more than 150 degrees over the temp that will destroy psilocybin... Mycelium does at 109 degrees, so Psilocybin dies rihgt around the same temp.....
.....and if you were gonna make a tea or dirnk with them, you should only use warm water if it's gonna be heated at all, and just let the shrooms soak in it for a few hours... Lemon juice however can be just mixed with the dried shrooms and either left to sit for a while or drank right there. But heating should never be done!!!

First off; water boils at 212degF at sea level (14.7psi)...  As you go higher in elevation, the atmospheric pressure is less, and thus water boils at even lower temperatures...

Secondly; the actives desired within the mushroom are water soluble.

Thirdly; I speak from intament experience :smile:

--------------------

Edited by HorizonSpawn (09/19/11 11:45 PM)

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Loc: HMAS Hammersley
    #15104177 - 09/19/11 11:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:

Why would you boil psilocybin??? Water boils at like 280 degrees, which is more than 150 degrees over the temp that will destroy psilocybin... Mycelium does at 109 degrees, so Psilocybin dies rihgt around the same temp...

If you read any good shroom chcolate recipe, it will tell you to just melt the chocolate and let it cool, to where you can stick your finger in it comfortably withot even coming close to being burned... and that it will stay melted yet only be about 80-90 degrees... That is the ONLY way that makes sense...

and if you were gonna make a tea or dirnk with them, you should only use warm water if it's gonna be heated at all, and just let the shrooms soak in it for a few hours... Lemon juice however can be just mixed with the dried shrooms and either left to sit for a while or drank right there. But heating should never be done!!!

Water boils at 280 degrees? Way to show him!! :facepalm3:

So much misinformation crammed into one tiny post.. how do you do it?

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
    #15104293 - 09/20/11 12:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:

Tea is made all the time from boiling water. It is not recommended to throw mushrooms in boiling water, but to bring the water to a boil and then turn heat off and let steep. The lemon juice being acidic will help break down cell walls aiding in the release of the psilocybin. Many a people swear by tea if done correctly.

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: buffer]
    #15104313 - 09/20/11 12:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I make tea all the time. Its the shit hands down. I've never seen a reduction in potency. I can stomach it better because I've come to not enjoy the taste of cubes. You can flavor it :smile: Add lemon and whatever you want.

I bring my water to a boil, take it off the heat. Make my tea like normal. Then add the mushrooms while its still steaming. Let it sit for about 10 min. and then drink it all up. Pieces of shroom and all. Delicious! Had my best trips on tea.

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: 1st grow log with pics! [Re: Wing]
    #15104809 - 09/20/11 04:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wash down chopped material with the tea, thats what i would do with fresh tea.

if u cant stomach the taste etc, chop them up roughly, grab mouthfull in hand, place in mouth and wash down with juice. repeat till shrooms are consumed. If you feel bit blah after mouthfull give it 5 mins than do mouthful.

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom