Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadcapMagician
Red Eyed Stoner

Loc: UK
Magic Mushroom Wine
    #1497435 - 04/27/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Having found a recipe for (normal edible) mushroom wine, I was wondering if anyone has tried making any with a psychoactive species, and whether the psychoactive chemicals remain active after the fermentation process is complete.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: MadcapMagician]
    #1497440 - 04/27/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard of beer using psychoactive mushrooms,so I see no reason it would'nt work.I think that I would use them whole in the recipe and leave them in something like a wort bag during the primary fermentation so they don't end up with the dead yeast,and thrown out before they're fully extracted. How about your recipe? I'ld like to take a look at it.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: Pinhead]
    #1497676 - 04/27/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think I already saw a recipe for that. Its either on this site or erowid. Check it out.

OfflineMadcapMagician
Red Eyed Stoner

#1498065 - 04/27/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The recipe can be found at:

http://duramecho.com/Food/NoveltyWines.html

As far as a recipe on Shroomery.org is concerned, I did several searches and found nothing, I'm afraid.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1498086 - 04/27/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

this recipe calls for "Cook & liquidise 1 kg of normal edible mushrooms until they are rendered down to a blackish slimy mass". Wouldnt this process destroy the psilocybin?

Hmm maybe after your wine is in secondary fermenting stage, you could add mushroom powder, let it soak in, then later filter it out.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: pattern]
    #1498117 - 04/27/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

pattern, brings up a point. I don't think the whole "cook & liquidize" portion is a great thing. However, once could certainly do an extraction and then add that to a wine of choice, or even the mushroom wine. I don't think this woudl world with your psilocybes.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1499103 - 04/27/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

add mushrooms to wine you buy at the store, shake it up, let it sit maybe a week, then enjoy. you can filter out the shrooms if you want or you can leave them in.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: the spiral]
    #1499903 - 04/28/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

An ethanol extraction added to fruit juice would make a sort of wine too. Be sure NOT to use methanol!!

OfflineMadcapMagician
Red Eyed Stoner

#1500020 - 04/28/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

er....yeah, thanks! I'm not a TOTAL novice you know! What about adding some glycol to help sweeten it down? lol ;-)

Edited by MadcapMagician (04/28/03 04:44 AM)

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

#1500081 - 04/28/03 06:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Was'nt trying to call you stupid. Thats how the whole rumor about improperly distilled alcohol making you go blind started, someone ADDED methanol to spirits because they did'nt know the difference (Ethanol vs. Methanol).I know that there will be someone out there who still beleives that you can go blind drinking moonshine..so fire away.

OfflineMadcapMagician
Red Eyed Stoner

#1520295 - 05/04/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No offence taken!

OfflineKastro
Asperger Obsessive
Male

Loc: Ireland
    #14878144 - 08/05/11 06:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i know this is an old thread but im reviving it, the lib caps are soon to be among us and i wanted to discuss some ways to make wine,

i was thinking of picking, drying and blending the libs until powdered.
then add about 5-600 libs worth of dust to a demijohn, warm up 2 squeezy bottles of honey (its going to be a mead)

add the honey to the demi with the dust,
add 2 ltrs of white grape juice.
top up with boiled water once its cooled.

when at room temperature pitch yeast.

let ferment for a month,
siphon into secondary fermentation chamber leaving the mash/slop behind and leave for a further month.

bottle.

age for at least a month, mead tastes nicer the longer it ages. try keep a bottle for a year :laugh:

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: Kastro]
    #14878896 - 08/05/11 09:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I read the Kamchadals prepare a wine by fermenting a mixture of Amanita muscaria and bogberry juice... I think they would drink it with Carabou milk.

I researched it a bit and here's where the possible Amanita Milk Potentiation Brandy comes in (Is the copy-paste acceptable?  Let me know if not and I'll fix it):

catfishrivers4th November 2009, 04:47 PM
"I read about this 4000 year old preparation technique for Amanita muscaria in Amanita muscaria: herb of immortality (http://www.ambrosiasociety.org/files/herbofimmortality.pdf). Basically, the dried mushroom is left to "ferment" in sour milk, which I'm guessing changes the chemical make up somehow and results in the supposed more potent brew, stronger than ambrosia (the water extract of Amanita m.) or eating the plain dried caps alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

teeko5th November 2009, 07:43 AM
All i have heard putting Amanita's in milk was used for, was to kill flys.
But that is obviously having some kind of reaction that attracts them even more than the mushroom itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

catfishrivers5th November 2009, 09:05 AM
Well the dude I see sometimes told me that he actually tried this preparation recently. He took roughly 5 grams of cracker dry caps and crumbled them into 8 oz of 2% milk (not soured) and let it sit, covered with a cloth, for 12 hours, and then strained out the mushrooms, squeezing to acquire every last bit of milk back. He described the milk as having taken on the taste of the mushroom, in a way that actually did not taste bad, sort of rich and earthy tasting as he described it. He mixed it with honey, and felt that the beverage served this way was actually somewhat luxurious. If he had perhaps added a few spices, like nutmeg or cinnamon, or similar, the drink might have been a real treat to taste.

He said the effects did not so much seem to be increased for that dosage, but the overall character of the experience was seemingly more apparent taking the mushroom this way. Sitting in the dark listening to Brian Eno's Discreet Music, he said he was seeing the geometric phantasmal shapes of "something else" that seemed sentient, or at least reactive to the dude's own movements. At one point, the dude felt a bit creeped out by the phantasmal geometries and started to employ a protective energetic technique he learned from the Hemisync Gateway Series, which the phantasmal geometries actually seemed to react to, rushing from several different points in the space around the dude towards the energy shell the dude shaped around himself.

Besides all that, the dude says the experience felt a lot easier on his body overall this way. The bodyload was much less than he was used to from the dried caps eaten at the same dosages. The visual aspect was much more apparent this time as well. Sleep came easily, whereas with the dried caps sleep seemed to come on almost forcefully. Overall the effect profile seemed less drastic, yet somehow more profound. The dude said he'll probably have a few more stories about this the next time we run into each other...

zubsza5th November 2009, 11:14 AM
I know the Siberians used to make a milk brandy...from raindeer milk generally if I am not mistaken. The milk brandy sounded pretty potent in its own right.

I read this in an old book that was written by a Hungarian anthropologist that went to Sibria to study there shamanistic traditions among the last few remaining practicing shamans in various regions. I figured that at some point the author would describe something about entheogens (particularly Amanita) used in their rituals among the accounts of the songs, clothing, drums, etc. but the only reference to an inhebriant they made any shamanistic connection to was "milk brandy." I wonder if there is any connection... "-Another Entheogen Forum Entheogen Discussion > The Mush Room > Seer's Milk

I myself have been interested in the "Divinatory Vino de Cebil/ Vilca Bufotenine Chicha Brew" at the same other forum... very similar; Bufotenine and Psilocin.  Cebil is probably more like the little ones than Amanita mushrooms are.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (08/05/11 09:29 PM)

OfflineJaffyJaffar
Nom Nom Nom
Male

Loc: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: flickedbic]
    #14879277 - 08/05/11 11:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That would be awesome except the fact that I struggle with having just one glass of wine...I'd be frying hard after taking down a bottle

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: JaffyJaffar]
    #14879431 - 08/05/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus christ ! you have GOT TO make that wine. That could be the best thing you ever do. man that sounds so sweet. I love anything that is tinctured or extracted. Good luck man. Be sure to report back on that. Fuckin good idea ! I love wine. I love mush. Mush wine= WIN.

OfflineKastro
Asperger Obsessive
Male

Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: CounterCulturest]
    #14882439 - 08/06/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

im fully intending on making the wine,

ive been making wine for the last year or 2 and the idea as i said was to make it with a honey mead wine..

having thought about it a bit more, i average out at about 30libs a dose.
so 30 libs per glass of wine, 5 glass's roughly to the bottle, 150 libs.

5 ltrs or so in the demijohn.. so roughly 600 libs.

weigh out 600 ground libs, use this weight for further wines.

ive read about people using methanol to extract psilocybin and psilocin, methanol and ethanol are both present in fermentation, so hopefully the psils with grab onto the alcohol molecules while its being produced by the yeast.

heres hoping i get a nice yield this year :smile:

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14882472 - 08/06/11 07:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Make the yeast with Rye grains :datass:

OfflineKastro
Asperger Obsessive
Male

Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: Azure Essence]
    #14901399 - 08/10/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i dont want to make my own yeast, but yeah you can make it from rye if you want to make your own wild yeast.

unless your talking about rye with an added fungus?

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14901478 - 08/10/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've been wanting to make mushroom beer forever. Mushroom beer and weed beer, in two separate batches, not mixed.

Mushroom wine is a great idea as well.

Personally I'd probably make the dose per bottle rather low, like half a gram, more of a party drink than a super intense concoction.

OfflineKastro
Asperger Obsessive
Male

Re: Magic Mushroom Wine [Re: drr]
    #14901693 - 08/10/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i suppose i could make 2 diffrent batches..

ive also made weed and strawberry booze before. it was powerful.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale