Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineirockesp
Seeker

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #14821559 - 07/25/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Here is a quick fix: If you can sacrifice one of the jars, why not open it and give it a smell. You can tell by the smell if it is contaminated.
I suppose you could just wait the few days it takes to be fully colonized and when you spawn them you will smell them anyway.
Best of luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChez man
Mycofan
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: irockesp]
    #14821809 - 07/25/11 11:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:
I'm not a bettin' man, but I'm willing to bet if RR sees this thread in the morning, he'll say one of two similar things:

If he has already had his cup of coffee:  He will say similar to my previous post, except more eloquently and with a veteran's knowledge.

-or-

If he just started his first cup of coffee: He will tell you something along the lines of; spawning those jars to a bulk substrate and expecting to get mushrooms would be like crawling into a fishtank of piranhas and expecting a good nights rest.

Hahahaha.....he would say something like that!

Quote:

irockesp said:
Here is a quick fix: If you can sacrifice one of the jars, why not open it and give it a smell. You can tell by the smell if it is contaminated.
I suppose you could just wait the few days it takes to be fully colonized and when you spawn them you will smell them anyway.
Best of luck!

This is what I would do.

--------------------
http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: Chez man]
    #14821946 - 07/25/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Coffee filters won't work for filtered gas exchange. Two coffee filters won't work half as badly as one, but still won't work.

There's no way to see what's what until you open them up, but I have a feeling it's contam.

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: maug]
    #14821981 - 07/25/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This could be simply solved if the OP would sniff the jars thru the filters.  Contams smell like shit and mycellium smells like mushie goodness

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14822079 - 07/25/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

maug said:
Coffee filters won't work for filtered gas exchange. Two coffee filters won't work half as badly as one, but still won't work.

There's no way to see what's what until you open them up, but I have a feeling it's contam.

I am using a tyvek layer with polyfil in the lid, I know the coffee filters are useless basically.

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:
This could be simply solved if the OP would sniff the jars thru the filters.  Contams smell like shit and mycellium smells like mushie goodness

Just woke up, but I will do this and report back.

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: Ar53Lsto]
    #14822084 - 07/25/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ar53Lsto said:
Quote:

maug said:

I am using a tyvek layer with polyfil in the lid, I know the coffee filters are useless basically.

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:

Just woke up, but I will do this and report back.

A tru shroomerite wakes up and checks his post even before his jars

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14822387 - 07/25/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

A tru shroomerite wakes up and checks his post even before his jars

Priority Check List:

1. Food & Water
2. Sleep
3. Shroomery

Anyway lol, I took the coffee filters off and tried to smell through the polyfil and tyvek. I couldn't smell anything, mushroom or bad. I'm going to wait another day, maybe two and then I'll smell again when I open them up. Here are some updated pics:

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14822420 - 07/25/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think you just fluked out and hit the genetic jackpot.  Id be using those jars for grain masters

Food water sleep???? :wtf: are those? Its all about :shroomery:

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#14822454 - 07/25/11 01:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

All jars look good to go. You could spawn them today if you wanted. I'd wait till tomorrow though.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlineirockesp
Seeker

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: prismism]
    #14823844 - 07/25/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Very Interesting on the progression. I'm going to want a spore sprint of this harvest.

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: irockesp]
    #14824839 - 07/25/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Seeing awesome stuff like this inspires me to not quit trying to grow even though I blow at it. Just inoculated several jars with Cambodian and Golden Teacher, temperature is anywhere from 77-82 at all times in my house, I have indirect light and my room and area the jars are in is very sterile. hopefully I'll get results similar to yours!

--------------------

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: Germs]
    #14831552 - 07/27/11 06:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just a quick update, I prepared everything yesterday to spawn my jars and when I opened them up, I immediately recognized that sweet, wonderful mushroom aroma. I also did a H202 test on a small section of one of the jars and it didn't melt or make a fizzing sound, so I am now confident these jars were fine. For anyone still interested, I will be continuing to update this grow in my thread in the grow log forum. Thanks for everyone's help!

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

#14987072 - 08/27/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Just when I thought all was lost, the mushroom gods smile down on me somewhat! I thought I would update this project here since some do not have access to the grow log forum. I am in no way trying to start an argument, but apparently all those who thought this was mold or not cubensis mycelium were wrong.  These pics were taken 30 days after spawning to bulk. After 20 days covered in darkness, the tub still did not reach 100% colonization. To make a long story short, I basically gave up on the tub and introduced it to fruiting just for the hell of it. After another 8 or 9 days in fruiting, there was still no signs of further colonization or progress, so I decided to toss the tub outside and bury it. That night I sprayed the whole thing down with 3% H2O2, because why not! The next day I got home late afternoon and went to go toss the tub only to find more pins than I could count!!! The tub has been pretty neglected simply because I thought it was a goner and didn't care. Now the question is how to proceed?

OfflineSexySmurff
HyperQube
Male User Gallery

Loc: HyperSpace
    #14987341 - 08/27/11 03:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

no way can you go from spores to what you had in three days.  with liquid culture maybe.

--------------------
Exalted is He from what they utter. Exalted is He from what they imagine. Exalted is He that exists without a place. Exalted is He that was there forever without a time or a beginning. Exalted is He that will be there forever without a time or an end. Exalted is He that will forever be praised. That is your God.

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: SexySmurff]
    #14987406 - 08/27/11 03:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SexySmurff said:
no way can you go from spores to what you had in three days.  with liquid culture maybe.

The jars actually weren't 100% until day 7 and I spawned to bulk on the 8th day. I do believe something else was going on here though. Otherwise, why would the tub have taken so long and H2O2 have shocked it into pinning?

Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14987474 - 08/27/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #14987663 - 08/27/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: NoxADVANCED]
    #14987736 - 08/27/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

They pinned from FAE. Whatever happens will happen is always the score with growing. Hope you don't get contam.

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: maug]
    #14987768 - 08/27/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maug said:
They pinned from FAE. Whatever happens will happen is always the score with growing. Hope you don't get contam.

this or bacteria

when tis hapens to me i just take a hose and wash out anything left un colonized

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

OfflineAr53Lsto
Intrigued

Re: Mycelium Growth Rate (PICS) [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #14988469 - 08/27/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

punkrocker292004 said:
Quote:

maug said:

this or bacteria

when tis happens to me i just take a hose and wash out anything left un colonized

This seems like it could harm the rest of the tub! You just use a garden hose and spray out the uncolonized parts??

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract