Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Decarboxylating Cannabis
    #14790864 - 07/19/11 06:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've read that if you decarboxylate weed that all the THC becomes activated and it can be consumed as is without cooking or smoking.

It's also apparently meant to increase potency of bud, as none is lost in the combustion process.

Has anyone got experience with this?

I'm interested in giving it a shot, but money is scarce at the moment and I don't want to waste any precious buds experimenting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: Nevermind]
    #14792237 - 07/19/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've used that process to greatly increase the potency of smoked or vaped or eaten (as firecrackers)  I know there are several big threads here about it and google will lead you to a bunch of them as well.

The short version is:
wrap up your bud in aluminum foil and bake at about 220 degrees F for about 20 minutes.  It should be super dry and crumbly after ward.

that is from memory, so its probably a good idea to get some confirmation on times and temperatures.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: gornyhuy]
    #14793483 - 07/19/11 04:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your reply.

I'm picking up a Q today so I'll give it a test with a little nug.

Recipes I've been looking at say to put it in the oven at ~220F for 20 - 40 minutes, not exceeding 250F.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

#14794657 - 07/19/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nah fuck all that jazz brotha it is so easy to do :smile:

Just vape your weed. I use a volcano. When your done with it save it up, then grind it a bit and shove it into 00 capsules. Works like a charm, its recommended all the time for medical patients

:peace::gd_icon:

I do it all the time. 3-5 gets me super fucking high

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #14794669 - 07/19/11 08:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

BTW I keep a really clean ash tray in my home, and I just fill it with my vaped weed. When it fills up there is usually a quarter or so worth, and that will make me 15-20 capsules. Get high for free a second time, always a good thing!!

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #14797568 - 07/20/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, yeah to agree with Long Strange Trip - I haven't done that since I got my Herbalaire vape a couple years ago.  Really stretches out your stash.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

OfflineAmonTobinFan
Stranger
Male

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: gornyhuy]
    #14797612 - 07/20/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Been pondering this idea yesterday, but didn't want to make a thread. Just found this one, and its relevant enough, so here it goes: Since water boils at 212F, would throwing it into a pot of boiling water on the stove be enough to activate it? Most likely throwing the weed directly into the water would be a no- no, but if you wrapped it in something so that the pot doesnt come in contact with the water, it just may work.

Whats the lowest temperature that someone can/has Decarboxylate Cannabis?

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: AmonTobinFan]
    #14798250 - 07/20/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Decarboxylation happens readily at 106C (220F)

On the topic of decarboxylization though, it happens when you smoke or cook your weed anyway.  It's only really useful to do this on uncured weed that you feel like eating.  But if you make a firecracker, vape the weed, or smoke it, it'll lose its carboxyl group anyway.

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: BothHands]
    #14799318 - 07/20/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't have a vaproizer and I doubt I'll be getting one any time soon.

I'm gonna put a little 0.3g nug in the oven at 220F for 25 minutes and see if I can notice a difference in potency.

Another reason I want to try this, is because I heard a good amount of THC is lost in the combustion process, but if decarboxylated before hand significantly less THC will be lost.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#14799328 - 07/20/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you're smoking it, you're exposing it to the combustion process either way.  I don't see how it'll make a difference.

Offlineambracia
Stranger
Male

#14801330 - 07/21/11 01:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I get that the thc is naturally converted when you smoke it but doesn't prebaking it make the conversion process more efficient? Is it possible that "Beat" residue could still contain thca that lacks accompanying organic matter to be smoked? Not exactly a chemistry major but I find this really interesting/useful.

--------------------
To have received from one, to whom we think ourselves equal, greater benefits than there is hope to requite, disposeth to counterfeit love, but really secret hatred, and puts a man into the estate of a desperate debtor that, in declining the sight of his creditor, tacitly wishes him there where he might never see him more. For benefits oblige; and obligation is thraldom; and unrequitable obligation, perpetual thraldom; which is to one's equal, hateful.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #14801705 - 07/21/11 04:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
If you're smoking it, you're exposing it to the combustion process either way.  I don't see how it'll make a difference.

It makes a difference because the flame (if using a pipe) or the burning paper (joint) may expose the weed to temperatures ABOVE or BELOW the ideal temperature for decarboxylation to occur efficiently.  Thus, while smoking, less than the fullest effects will occur if the weed is incinerated outside ideal.

Oven-baking your weed is best done in a stove which has accurate temperature control or with a good oven thermometer, and (IMHO) only if you are going to be making Green Dragon or eating in capsules.

P.S........It will make your entire house smell STRONGLY of pot.  Be aware of when / where you bake your pot!!!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineAmonTobinFan
Stranger
Male

#14802153 - 07/21/11 08:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Decarboxylation happens readily at 106C (220F)

If only water boiled 6C higher. >.<

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14802464 - 07/21/11 10:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
and (IMHO) only if you are going to be making Green Dragon or eating in capsules.

This is exactly what I was saying.

OfflineCosmic fusio
Shaman, Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #14802486 - 07/21/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think it'l work either, ive done a lot off experiments with Ganja but whenever theres an oven involved it usually sucks. except for space cake (magic muffins)

DO like to try that vaporizer 00 capsule idea though, sounds like you could save quite a bit

Peace

--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Edited by Cosmic fusio (07/21/11 10:21 AM)

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14804695 - 07/21/11 06:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials

This is quite a detailed article explaining different extraction methods for cannabis.

Roughly 3/4 of the way down the page it has some tables showing different temperatues of decarboxylation and how much of the THC and CBD are activated.

I was also reading a post on another forum about someone who tried decarboxylating some bud and then smoking it.

Quote:

Well, I'm afraid that most of the taste is lost, which is sad, but I'm getting really thick clouds, and they seem to feel even easier on the lungs than normal.  I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this, but the high feels a little smoother and more realxed.  There seems to be something missing though, and I'm not sure it's something I want back or not.  Interesting.

Offlinecateros
Stranger
    #18169604 - 04/25/13 11:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nevermind said:
Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials

This is quite a detailed article explaining different extraction methods for cannabis.

Roughly 3/4 of the way down the page it has some tables showing different temperatues of decarboxylation and how much of the THC and CBD are activated.

I was also reading a post on another forum about someone who tried decarboxylating some bud and then smoking it.

Quote:

Well, I'm afraid that most of the taste is lost, which is sad, but I'm getting really thick clouds, and they seem to feel even easier on the lungs than normal.  I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this, but the high feels a little smoother and more realxed.  There seems to be something missing though, and I'm not sure it's something I want back or not.  Interesting.

Hey I just tried this myself tonight I used 21 grams 3grams of shake and 9 grams each of PK and Kings Kush , I ground it all up put them in a preheated convection oven at 250 degree's ( if you never used one what it does is you put a pan or pyrex dish in the oven and preheat to desired temp a fan circulates the heat from the upper and lower elements so the pan the air everything is 240-250f ) anyways added my product heated it for 45 minutes stirring it halfway through to make sure it was evenly heated, should mention this is my cookie recipe, anyways finished decarboxing the meds and thought lets put aside .3 of a g to smoke and cooked the remaining 20.5g into 12 cookies, smoked the 3 chip , ate 2 of the cookies and ended up writing this long ass post, and joining the website just because I wanted to see if anyone else had done the same thing decarb before smoking ,the toping off with the 2 extra cookies I didn't think would ever show up in a Google search , so anyways I think you can get the point of how much I just rambled on in my first post ever and its length how effective this has worked especially considering I by Canadian MMAR rules legally  medically use these 2 strains at almost all times , this is the first time I have tried smoking a .3 along with my cookies , and during an average day I use up to 5 grams smoked ,vaped, ingested and look at the length of the post I ended up writing in my first 15 mins as a member. It does smoothen out the smoke quite a bit I think some of the harsher terpens and possibly clorophyl boil off at a fairly low heat,

Offline10KOysters
Food Cultivator
Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: cateros]
    #18170384 - 04/26/13 03:59 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Generally, 250F for 6-20 minutes.  The length of time really depends on how 'de-carbed' the starting material already is.

You can do it visually.

Extract oils from plant using ethanol.

Gently boil off alcohol using still or out-door hotplate.

Use quisinart fondu pot or other temp controlled hot oil bath device to bring an oil bath to 250F.  Oil level needs to be higher than the level of the cannabis oil in your stainless steel container. Container needs to be off the bottom of the pot with lids or a trivet of some sort.

Use a stainless steel container to hold the cannabis oil.  One that can be put into the hot oil bath without tipping over.

Put your stainless steel container in to the hot oil and gently stir.

A drop of olive oil will thin the cannabis oil and help the CO2 forming escape easier.  Also digests easier.

When the large bubbles start forming and popping, the decarb process is in full swing.  The bubbles are CO2 gas being formed and escaping.

When the amount of bubbles begins to slow, the majority of the decarb process is done.  Stop there for a full featured 'high' or keep cooking until the bubbles almost stop for a more sedentary body high.

Oil can be eaten as is or mixed with nearly any pre-made food and eaten.  No heating or baking required.

Peace

--------------------
I object to the prolific use of 'Submit' buttons on the internet

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: 10KOysters]
    #18170802 - 04/26/13 08:28 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

QFT

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Invisiblebourgeo
Pharmacologist & Biochemist
Male

Re: Decarboxylating Cannabis [Re: mpd]
    #18170962 - 04/26/13 09:20 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'll have to try this.  I kind of want to put it on crackers with some hot sauce.

--------------------
Seraphically Free

From Taint of Personality

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals