Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Smoking melatonin with weed?
    #14781585 - 07/17/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Has anyone ever tried smoking melatonin with weed?

I have some pure melatonin pills and I could probably mix those in and try it out.  Has anyone done this before?

I've heard just taking a melatonin tablet orally before you smoke makes it a lot more chill but then it's a little bit more difficult to time it.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecircusink
Stranger

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #14781600 - 07/17/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i wouldnt ruin my sticky dank with that. just my 2 cents

--------------------
we cant stop here this is bat country

InvisibleHarley.Hammerhead
Informed Passenger.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The cold north. Flag
    #14781611 - 07/17/11 12:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"yo bro i have this plant to smoke, it gets you coolio high..... lets crush up some pills and put them in there"

i was good up untill the part about crushing up and smoking pills..... if your going to do THAT do it right..... dont try and smoke melatonin..... take it oraly to kick the high up.

melatonin + weed trip on erowid. start @ the part where he says "The only life that is truly affected by my marijuana use is my own." 5 lines down. the top is BS about NA.

--------------------

Edited by Harley.Hammerhead (07/17/11 12:54 PM)

Offlinecircusink
Stranger

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Harley.Hammerhead]
    #14781617 - 07/17/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pills on weed are bad mmmkay smoking pills all together cant be good

--------------------
we cant stop here this is bat country

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#14781624 - 07/17/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Harley.Hammerhead said:
"yo bro i have this plant to smoke, it gets you coolio high..... lets crush up some pills and put them in there"

i was good up untill the part about crushing up and smoking pills..... if your going to do THAT do it right..... dont try and smoke melatonin..... take it oraly to kick the high up. melatonin + weed trip on erowid.

I know the idea of smoking pills sounds douchey but smoking a substance generally gives a faster delivery time than taking it orally and plus I'd get the whole punch at one time, whereas oral use would be more like Extended Release.  I might try this anyways and let you know how it goes.  Maybe I could take a melatonin pill (3mg) orally and then put another 3 mg tablet in my bowl and smoke it. 

Does anybody know if 6mg melatonin is a safe dose?

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
    #14781676 - 07/17/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

There are some medications you can smoke some you just cant i belive smoking melatonin would more just tare up your lungs then sedate you should take it orally because i know you can smoke some opiods  but ive done that and even that was rough on my lungs most opiods have a lower combustion level than melatonin as its a vitamin im not basing this on fact just what little knowledge i have about smoking pills  good luck

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Edited by Seriously_Spaced (07/17/11 01:14 PM)

InvisibleHarley.Hammerhead
Informed Passenger.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The cold north. Flag
Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Seriously_Spaced]
    #14782130 - 07/17/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_Spaced said:
There are some medications you can smoke some you just cant i belive smoking melatonin would more just tare up your lungs then sedate you should take it orally because i know you can smoke some opiods  but ive done that and even that was rough on my lungs most opiods have a lower combustion level than melatonin as its a vitamin im not basing this on fact just what little knowledge i have about smoking pills  good luck

yea man thats the exact same logic im going on.... a lighter puts off about 120 C and doesn't burn all the opioids... you would definatly have to vape melatonin even to get it going and when it does be ready to burn the shit out of your lungs......

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Harley.Hammerhead] * 1
    #14782165 - 07/17/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Why is no one mentioning dosages? Melatonin is measured in VERY small doses... so a pill would be over 99% filler really.

It's like snorting xanax. You snort about a quarter of a gram worth of pills to get around 5 mg worth of actual mind-altering chemical (which when weighed out doesn't look like much at all).

Don't smoke it.

If anything eat it before, but meltatonin is not something I recommend taking to get high since your body uses it to regulate sleep.

The high isn't worht it either. By that I mean I've taken 10 pills before and felt shit.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14782293 - 07/17/11 03:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Harley.Hammerhead said:
Quote:

Seriously_Spaced said:

yea man thats the exact same logic im going on.... a lighter puts off about 120 C and doesn't burn all the opioids... you would definatly have to vape melatonin even to get it going and when it does be ready to burn the shit out of your lungs......

Actually, a lighter flame gets a LOT hotter than that. Vaporizers burn at much lower temperatures than a regular lighter, that is the point.

I don't think you should smoke your melatonin, though, OP :doublefacepalm:

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #14782454 - 07/17/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:Does anybody know if 6mg melatonin is a safe dose?

Safe? Yes.  I take melatonin every night to help me get to sleep.  It eradicated my insomnia.  I take 3mg every night, but at one point I was taking 9mg every night, and my doctor said that wasn't a good idea.  However, it wasn't dangerous at all to be taking that much for weeks on end, so 6mg isn't dangerous at all, especially just one time.

Really though, I wouldn't smoke it either.  I wouldn't even take it with weed to be honest.  For me, it would just be compounding things that make you sleepy, and I would end up getting extremely tired and going to sleep.  I also have doubts that it would even work, and you don't know if it's safe for your lungs to smoke.  If you want to try it, I'd say swallow 3 pills and smoke the weed about a half hour later.  It usually takes an hour or even two for it to affect me because I've been taking it for years, but when I first started, a half hour was a reasonable time.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#14782487 - 07/17/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What are you 14?  If you want melatonin with your weed experience, eat a bunch of cherries.  They are supposed to be high in melatonin. 

Also, eating cherries before you smoke will be a lot more enjoyable than ruining your bowl and smoking a bunch of filler material.  Taking melatonin in pill form is basically research chemical territory and is not all that recommendable to begin with.

OfflineKoaxke
Stranger

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Viveka]
    #14782534 - 07/17/11 04:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Out of curiosity, why the fuck would you try smoking melatonin?

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Koaxke]
    #14782564 - 07/17/11 04:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Koaxke said:
Out of curiosity, why the fuck would you try smoking melatonin?

:whathesaid:

--------------------

InvisibleMacavity224
Ubermensch
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: blackhawk]
    #14782582 - 07/17/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Unrelated note...I remember reading somewhere on this board that taking Melatonin with an MAOI would make you trip to some degree? Is there any truth to this claim? Haven't had chance to research it, I just remembered it when I saw this topic.

--------------------
"O my soul, I taught you to say "Today" as well as "Once" and "Formerly," and to dance your dance over every here and there and yonder."

:trippnballs:

Everything I post here is not true. Do not believe a single word of it.

Offlinemukhail
Creeper

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: Macavity224]
    #14782799 - 07/17/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Macavity224 said:
Unrelated note...I remember reading somewhere on this board that taking Melatonin with an MAOI would make you trip to some degree? Is there any truth to this claim? Haven't had chance to research it, I just remembered it when I saw this topic.

Im sure mixing random drugs and MOAIs could do alot of things, let alone tripping.

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking melatonin with weed? [Re: mukhail]
    #14782815 - 07/17/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What you guys don't get is that these melatonin "pills" aren't exactly pills...it's really hard to describe, I don't know how to explain it.  It's basically pure melatonin + milk, that's all that's in there.  They're more like tablets.

Either way I know smoking weed already increases your melatonin levels...so if I took even MORE melatonin on top of that, perhaps I would have some very vivid dreams.

--------------------

InvisibleMacavity224
Ubermensch
 User Gallery

#14782841 - 07/17/11 06:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
What you guys don't get is that these melatonin "pills" aren't exactly pills...it's really hard to describe, I don't know how to explain it.  It's basically pure melatonin + milk, that's all that's in there.  They're more like tablets.

Either way I know smoking weed already increases your melatonin levels...so if I took even MORE melatonin on top of that, perhaps I would have some very vivid dreams.

Last time I took 3mg of Melatonin to try to sleep (I was also very high), I had a dream that I was at work...except my boss was Tony Montana. It was 2am, and I had been working for hours.

"Mr. Montana, can I go home now?"

"Joo wok out dat door...i keel you like a fecking cockroach."

Then he held a gun to my head. I woke up in the most severe state of freight imaginable, as if fucking Al Pacino was gonna really blow my head off, remembered the dream, then started laughing my ass off.

Then I took a piss and went back to bed.

--------------------
"O my soul, I taught you to say "Today" as well as "Once" and "Formerly," and to dance your dance over every here and there and yonder."

:trippnballs:

Everything I post here is not true. Do not believe a single word of it.

Offlinelkslk
Stranger
Re: Out of curiosity, why the fuck would you try smoking melatonin? [Re: Koaxke]
    #27307352 - 05/13/21 06:01 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

i am very addicted to smoking weed
need to stop for exams
part of addiction is the act of smoking
i smoke cig before sleep to do this
nicotine gives adrenaline

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Out of curiosity, why the fuck would you try smoking melatonin? [Re: lkslk]
    #27308531 - 05/14/21 02:44 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lkslk said:
need to stop for exams

Cool story bro!

This thread is nearly 10 years old.

And how does your post relate to the topic of this thread?

-OM

--------------------

OfflineLittleBoard
Stranger

Re: Out of curiosity, why the fuck would you try smoking melatonin? [Re: lkslk]
    #27309825 - 05/15/21 12:40 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lkslk said:
need to stop for exams

Is that a haiku? Stop smoking before bed and take (oral) melatonin 1mg instead. It's going to help.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom