Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebegreen0
Trying the best I can...

Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. *DELETED* * 1
    #14776833 - 07/16/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by begreen0

Reason for deletion: privacy

--------------------
Memantine, is in my ears, and in my eyes

Exercise, is easily one of the best things you can do for generating pleasure, confidence, health, and sustained well-being. Really.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: begreen0]
    #14776858 - 07/16/11 10:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

An opinion piece? From Al jazeera?

I suppose that's legit...  :whatdoyouthink:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Doc_T]
    #14776868 - 07/16/11 10:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Great article. Amen to the bottom line, and hopefully we can all look back on how we handle mental health years from now and realize we truly were in the dark ages for our...."Medicine" :rolleyes:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Almond Flour]
    #14776932 - 07/16/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

All serotonin-regulating drugs are a form of mind control. Anti-depressants make people content in situations they would not normally be. I see this mentality everywhere. People seem to really be 'okay' with 'C' and 'D' grade products and lifestyle. It's the perfect drug to make a person into a work slave. If you aren't content in a situation, you need to make a change in your lifestyle and diet, not jump the gun because some doctor told you so, they are just as much to blame as the pharmaceutical heads.

I don't trust any pharmaceuticals... We should be able to and the information should be readily available for us to get natural alternatives to all of these lab-created drugs and no one should be there to tell us what we can and can't use. Why can we not diagnose and treat ourselves? Why is that so forbidden?

The federal government is seemingly trying to make it harder and harder for us to get a drug in its natural form. Why does marinol need to exist when we have a natural form that can be grown by anyone? The pharmaceutical industry is the biggest scam of the century, greedy fucks need to try a little taste of their own medicine.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineDon Juan
Yaqui Indian
Male

Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: highdroponics]
    #14777081 - 07/16/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:

Why can we not diagnose and treat ourselves? Why is that so forbidden?

I dislike the pharma industry too but who said we couldn't diagnose and treat ourselves?

Invisibledrjustice
God-like
Male

Loc: NH Flag
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Don Juan]
    #14777164 - 07/16/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think he's talking about the fact you need a prescription to get certain drugs.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: highdroponics]
    #14777204 - 07/16/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Armchair psychologist, here. Pardon me, if I'm being rude.

But, several of my confidants have suffered from what is vaguely called displacement, which is to say they blame one thing, but are actually bothered by another.

There's a saying that sh-t roles downhill.

According to the theory of "displacement," people choose their battles for the safest possible outcome. So, their discontentment finds a safe target, lower in the pecking order.

Those drugs meant to dull the emotions only drive the perps further into denial. They don't admit their feelings.  They can no longer say why they are unhappy. They don't deal. They just take the edge off.

It's interesting to put their feelings on a time line.

What happened. When did they feel unhappy. What did they blame?

Quote:

highdroponics said:

Most people, psychologists and businessmen included, are too immature to view the issue from a detached perspective.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#14777250 - 07/16/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
All serotonin-regulating drugs are a form of mind control. Anti-depressants make people content in situations they would not normally be. I see this mentality everywhere. People seem to really be 'okay' with 'C' and 'D' grade products and lifestyle. It's the perfect drug to make a person into a work slave. If you aren't content in a situation, you need to make a change in your lifestyle and diet, not jump the gun because some doctor told you so, they are just as much to blame as the pharmaceutical heads.

I don't trust any pharmaceuticals... We should be able to and the information should be readily available for us to get natural alternatives to all of these lab-created drugs and no one should be there to tell us what we can and can't use. Why can we not diagnose and treat ourselves? Why is that so forbidden?

The federal government is seemingly trying to make it harder and harder for us to get a drug in its natural form. Why does marinol need to exist when we have a natural form that can be grown by anyone? The pharmaceutical industry is the biggest scam of the century, greedy fucks need to try a little taste of their own medicine.

Dude holy shit I completely agree with you and it's fucked up. I hate seeing the fake smile on my friends faces, one of them in particular. Ever since he started taking anti-depressents he just hasn't been the same.

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Doc_T]
    #14777273 - 07/16/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Al jazzera english is different than the al jazzera you might be thinking of...

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlinemasterfluffypants
The Psilocybin Psychospawn
Male

Loc: Electric Ladyland Flag
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Sheekle]
    #14777317 - 07/16/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Warning, side effects may include:

Nausea, Extreme Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression, Increased risk of suicide, Bowel implosion, Permanent brain damage, Colon failure, Death, Dementia, Hair loss, Blindness, Intestinal ulcers, Extreme penis malfunction, Uncontrollable diarrhea, Heart failure, Stroke, Dizziness, Loss of motor control, Testicular elephantitis, Breast malformation, Brain hemorrhaging, Deformed children, Extreme pain under the armpits, and Anal leakage

Do not take if you are pregnant, elderly, underage, or may become pregnant.

Ask doctors if our product is right for you. 

Buy our drugs! :super:

"Clinically proven to solve your problems, so you don't have to"

--------------------
"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

"Mmm...All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly."

:peyote: :sanpedro:    :sanpedro: :peyote:

OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #14777508 - 07/16/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:

I agree that they were probably used for mind control, but as someone who used to take an SSRI I can say my family and I saw virtually no difference in my mood or behavior when I was on it. They even upped the dose with no change. I can say coming off of them sucked though. I could always tell when I forgot to take one because I would feel really depressed, so ironically, the anti-depressant caused more depression than not.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Offlinepootie
Stranger
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Darwin23]
    #14777591 - 07/16/11 01:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Its nice to see a news article that recognizes that the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) has connections to, and is being funded by pharmacutical companies.  This makes no since whats so ever, and is one of the biggest hypocrisies our country has ever experienced.  We may as well let all the crack dealers in the U.S. write the next drug health manual that every doctor in the U.S. is required to use. :3stooges:

Invisible5-HT2A
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Darwin23]
    #14777593 - 07/16/11 02:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:themoreyouknow:

:thumbup:

Offlinepootie
Stranger
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #14777604 - 07/16/11 02:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Buy our drugs! :super:

"Clinically proven to solve your problems, so you don't have to"

Lmao

Offlinepootie
Stranger
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: durian_2008]
    #14777646 - 07/16/11 02:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Armchair psychologist, here. Pardon me, if I'm being rude.

But, several of my confidants have suffered from what is vaguely called displacement, which is to say they blame one thing, but are actually bothered by another.

Quote:

highdroponics said:

Most people, psychologists and businessmen included, are too immature to view the issue from a detached perspective.

First of all Displacement is a defense mechanism, not something a person would necessarily "suffer" from as opposed to a disease or disorder.  Second of all every psychologist at the University that I study at is very mature and look at issues like this from a very down to earth perspective.  They all realize that the DSM is funded by Pharm. corporations, and know very well that it is biased.  Psychiatrist are the immature ones handing out drugs left and right with out consequence.  Psychologists are scientist's, most of which take their job seriously and use critical thinking when learning new information or making decisions.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: begreen0]
    #14777704 - 07/16/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, displacement that is exactly it. They're not solving the problem theyre just fucking convincing themselves that they are truly happy when it's obvious to outside viewers that it's all an act.

One of my friends like this says he quit smoking weed because he doesn't want a drug to be dependent on for happiness.

So he's on fucking anti-depressents. Unlike weed, they don't even make you think and they don't make life funner

some people are so fuckin politically correct and fucked up nowadays

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Sheekle]
    #14778021 - 07/16/11 03:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's pretty good strategy to prescribe drugs that often are said to take "4-6 weeks" before you notice the effects. I've been prescribed 3 different anti-depressants over the past 5 years, this is what they said about all of them. Every single one of these medications did not help depression whatsoever and made things worse by causing side-effects. I'd go to the doctor and explain the side-effects and he'd suggest increasing the dose. These were supposed to be the anti-depressants known for the least side-effects too, and sure enough every time.

The pharmaceutical companies get their money either way. I personally think the majority of people who take/have taken these drugs and claim they helped greatly and worked perfectly are lying to themselves. If you are taking drugs that are supposed to make you less depressed, "happy" even, typically the user is going to try to be happy on their own and end up crediting the drug falsely. It is widely known these medications are ineffective in most cases and the power of the placebo effect is great.

As someone who (unfortunately) has actually tried these drugs, it's true, I wanted them to work so bad that I actually convinced myself at times they were working, even before the 4-6 week period before the drug is able to build up in your system and begin to work, until I noticed the side effects which made my depression worse. My doctor was convinced I was somehow wrong and the drugs were helping, offering to increase the dose or prescribe me a different anti-depressant each time. After trying 3 (ineffective) separate medications I swore I would NEVER try any of those types of drugs again.

I've never personally met anyone who has taken anti-depressants and credits them for "curing" their depression. My rationality when talking to these "experts" is that if you are in a shitty situation that sucks then that sucks. I don't understand how they think a drug is going to make unsatisfactory living situations and every aspect of life magically "happy". Based on that logic I concluded that my depression and depression in general can't be "cured" and people who think otherwise who take these drugs are most likely fooling/lying to themselves.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
    #14778095 - 07/16/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:

Agreed.  Fuck Big Pharma :flipthebird:

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

InvisibleLight My Fire
Ripp mode
Male

Loc: TEXAS
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #14778167 - 07/16/11 04:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i actually saw a commercial advertising a Crazy Anti psychotic pill called seroquel and it makes me wonder damn our government is ass backwards with whats good and whats bad for you:facepalm:

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Mass psychosis in the US: How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on anti-psychotic drugs. [Re: pootie]
    #14781296 - 07/17/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pootie said:
First of all Displacement is a defense mechanism, not something a person would necessarily "suffer" from as opposed to a disease or disorder.  Second of all every psychologist at the University that I study at is very mature and look at issues like this from a very down to earth perspective.  They all realize that the DSM is funded by Pharm. corporations, and know very well that it is biased.  Psychiatrist are the immature ones handing out drugs left and right with out consequence.  Psychologists are scientist's, most of which take their job seriously and use critical thinking when learning new information or making decisions.

I do acknowledge the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist, but I consider them both scientists. Either may be too immature to self-diagnose, especially if their objectivity is affected by mental duress, whether it is caused by dysfunctional beliefs or chemical imbalances.

I see displacement as being bitten by the dog, and kicking the cat. I assume that such acts are dysfunctional for their futility, and generally cause a sense of dissonance, which I would refer to as suffering.

I believe that drugs treat the symptoms of dissonance, but not the causes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds