Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana
    #14768910 - 07/14/11 07:45 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

A Chicago man was arrested early Thursday after calling police to report that three men had entered his apartment, located just west of DePaul University's Lincoln Park campus, and robbed him of two pounds of marijuana, in addition to his laptop.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Max Fleck, 20, of the 1500 block of West Fullerton Avenue, contacted police around 12:40 a.m. to report that he and a 19-year-old male companion had been robbed. Fleck was reportedly hit in the face while his companion was struck in the head with a bottle by the individuals who robbed them.

When police arrived, they found narcotics in his apartment and arrested him on four separate charges -- two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession of cannabis, the Sun-Times reported.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Fleck and his friend had invited one of the three men who made off with the weed and a laptop into their apartment earlier in the evening. Fleck reportedly declined medical attention after paramedics arrived and was due in bond court later Thursday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/max-fleck-20-arrested-aft_n_898497.html?ir=Weird+News

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStatuesCryBleeding
Mycology Enthusiast

Loc: The Great White North Flag
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: skatealex2]
    #14768950 - 07/14/11 07:53 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

This is justice at it's finest... Treating victims as criminals and the criminals as victims...

Fuck our criminal justice system... the whole fucking thing needs to be revamped... perhaps this is just a libertarian pipe-dream though :/

InvisibleToiletDuk
Mr. Weasel Pants
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: skatealex2]
    #14768954 - 07/14/11 07:53 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Maxxie & co. don't sound too bright.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: StatuesCryBleeding]
    #14768976 - 07/14/11 08:01 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking that if you are dumb enough to tell cops your weed was stolen, you deserve to be punched.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinedeelo89
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: Doc_T]
    #14769169 - 07/14/11 08:46 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking that if you are dumb enough to tell cops your weed was stolen, you deserve to be punched.

:laugh2:

OfflineStatuesCryBleeding
Mycology Enthusiast

Loc: The Great White North Flag
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: deelo89]
    #14769209 - 07/14/11 08:56 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Doc, I think this kind of stupidity crosses the usual line though... Either the truth is a different story, or this man shouldn't be living on his own :/

Invisiblemikehauncho
Female

Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana *DELETED* [Re: Doc_T]
    #14769223 - 07/14/11 08:58 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Post deleted by mikehauncho

Reason for deletion: Law Enforcement

Offlinedutchfunkle
subowski
Male
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: mikehauncho]
    #14770486 - 07/15/11 01:38 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

If he was stupid enough to tell cops what was stolen, an illegal substance(albeit benign), he deserved everything hes got coming to him. What a fuktard:thumbdown:

InvisiblelasdR
nostalgic sci-fi
 User Gallery

Loc: In your mind
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: dutchfunkle]
    #14770555 - 07/15/11 01:57 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

"weed". not a incriminating term. It makes no sense to arrest someone for that. where is the evidence? American retardedness man. Unless the pothead forgot he had another stash in his sofa, and that is what the investigators found.

I heard you get arrested for growing tomatoes in your front yard over there now. fascism is growing roots :thumbup:

--------------------
:crazyeyes::eek: :thirdeyeani:

Offlineeqt146
Stranger

#14771959 - 07/15/11 12:51 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
arrested him on four separate charges -- two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession of cannabis, the Sun-Times reported.

Quote:

US Constitution 5th Amendment said:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

So much for that :facepalm:

I guess double jeopardy is illegal, but quadrupal jeopardy is totally fine, right?

Invisiblemikehauncho
Female

Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana *DELETED* [Re: eqt146]
    #14773934 - 07/15/11 07:05 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Post deleted by mikehauncho

Reason for deletion: Law Enforcement

Offlineasdfmatt
Stranger
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: mikehauncho]
    #14774549 - 07/15/11 09:41 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

lol i used to buy bud off of max. classic case of getting too big too quick and letting it get to your head. i've known the dude for about 2 years now and I would guess that the journalistic powers that be with their commitment to accurately depicting series of events with factual integrity he did not call the cops to report his weed was missing.

my guess is that they got robbed after a little struggle and he was trying to report the robbery of the computer (also heard from other reports that the 19 yr old companion was stabbed in the back and in serious to critical condition). however since the people came to his house under illegal pretenses (to acquire 2 lbs of weed) the situation became suspicious (why are these people coming to meet up with you, why did you let them in your house, what business did they have over here, etc. etc.).

eventually the cops showed up and he didn't have good answers to these questions, so they probably asked "mind if we come in and look around (consent search)?" and max was probably in a panic, not knowing his rights/wanting to appear suspicious he said OK when he had the right to deny, and they searched his apartment to find whatever else they found "in plain view," as some other print sources have reported.

I've been thinking about the situation a lot since i heard about it yesterday. that's just how i envision it went down. it may sound like he is a stupid kid in the news articles but I know him well enough that whatever they found "in plain view" was probably in a safe in his room under the bed, but whatever.

and we all know the classic routine "open this safe for us right now or we can take it into the police station or open it for a judge" yeah?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: asdfmatt]
    #14774912 - 07/15/11 11:01 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

asdfmatt said:
and we all know the classic routine "open this safe for us right now or we can take it into the police station or open it for a judge" yeah?

Correct answer: "Sir, you go on ahead and get a warrant. I'll wait here."

Tell your friend to take this incident as an indicator his life is on the wrong track.
People who get robbed and then arrested for being robbed are doing something wrong, to put it bluntly.
He might not be as dumb as the story makes him sound, but this was a dumb thing to do.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineasdfmatt
Stranger
Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: Doc_T]
    #14776094 - 07/16/11 05:27 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

obviously dealing narcotics is "wrong" and we all know too well the adage that being in the game will kill you or get you locked up whichever comes firs (they're lucky to have escaped the former in this case) but i see it more as a sign of the times. we romanticize and admire the bootleggers of the prohibition era when a law that was clearly wrong and out of line with society's attitudes towards liquor. well without them society might have realized that alcohol isn't quite that good for them but bootleggers risked their freedom and lives to provide the liquor and a lot of people today see marijuana prohibition as the same story. so i stand behind his and other people who have to do such things so that people can get pot lsd shrooms and mdma (and other sacraments) in the manner in which the world truly deserves to operate, and has, for the most part in the past 6,000 years before america was swinging its big dick around. i mean dealing in pounds is a little reckless but somebody's gotta do it.

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Re: Max Fleck, 20, Arrested After Reporting To Police That Robbers Stole His Marijuana [Re: asdfmatt]
    #14777739 - 07/16/11 04:36 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

this reminds me when a FOFA robbed another friend of weed and coke.  The guy who got robbed reported it to cops and when them came over to make the report they found some weed plants growing and arrested him.  Calling cops because u got robbed while dealing is stupid anyways.  DONT DEAL TO SHADDY PEOPLE

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service