Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekazdah
Stranger
Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row?
    #1471382 - 04/18/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hi guys,

Me and a couple of friends (who have all only had very small doses of mushrooms, like 1g), are going away to a cottage for 4 days. We have looked everything up and its all cool we have the setting, we know shit about dosages based on internet and our experienced friends. I have looked everywhere but I can't find a clear answer to the following question. Can we trip 2 days in a row then rest for a couple of days and go back to relaity? (I work 2 days after we get back, so that would be 4 days after the trip). Our first thought was to take about 3.5 g the first ight and maybe 3.5 g the second morning/afternoon. I know its different for everybody but is that cool amounts? I might end up just taking like 2 the second day with some weed? Anyway if anyone could offer up some advice for tipping for 2 days let me know please.

Thanks
kaz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: kazdah]
    #1471517 - 04/18/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes you can. It isnt like LSD when it comes to tripping. From what I can understand is that LSD is a chemical that drains vitamins out of your body to make you trip and specifically vitamin C and you would have to wait to build up the vitamin c in your body (at least that is what I have been told all my life, if someone wants to prove me wrong then by all means, do so.) Shrooms add a chemical to your system and does not remove anything. So you should be able to trip the next day. You can trip the next day but effects might not be quite as strong. It would take you alot of mushroom eating for you to build up any kind of tolerance for it.

--------------------
Holler!

Offlinejimmyvengeance
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1471536 - 04/18/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No, I don't think flesh is right on this one. Both shrooms and LSD create tolerance rapidly, though shroom tolerance, in the experience of those I know, tends to diminish more quickly. The mode of action is nearly identical, but the actives in shrooms have a shorter half-life in the body (so you might get over the tolerance quicker.)

A rule of thumb I've heard (and generally found to be true) is that after a 24 hour period, the intensity of your experience is reduced by about 50 percent. Now, that can't be trusted entirely, as the difference is as much qualitative as quantitative -- the second trip might be more dysphoric than the first, but less visual, for instance.

My advice is to put as much time as possible between the trips, and make sure you get a good, long sleep between the two. You might even skew your doses more heavily toward the second night, particularly if you care if your second experience lives up to the first.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: jimmyvengeance]
    #1471554 - 04/18/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Oh hell, ive found that even with a double dose the next day i will not trip. I consider dosing 2 days in a row an extreme waste of your fungi and money.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1471555 - 04/18/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Oh hell, ive found that even with a double dose the next day i will not trip. I consider dosing 2 days in a row an extreme waste of your fungi and money.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1471556 - 04/18/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1471606 - 04/18/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Can we trip 2 days in a row then rest for a couple of days and go back to relaity? (I work 2 days after we get back, so that would be 4 days after the trip).

you would be back to reality before that ...

if you were to trip on 3.5 grams on one day .. they let your trip subside..and go to sleep.. and wake up and take another 3.5 grams.. you will not get the same effect..if any..like the above poster said.. you would probably just be wasting them ..why not wait till about 3 am and then take 3.5 grams and then take another 3.5 grams around 6 am ...otherwise do them all at once..split them up among you all..you can try .. but.. you will see..you'll trip great the first night.. but.. if you try and shroom the next.. hehe..you'll get barely anything .. if that

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: motaman]
    #1471742 - 04/18/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Dose only once.  You dont need to trip 2 days in a row....

Id do it the 2nd night too.  Just smoke a bunch of weed and get drunk the first night :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1473153 - 04/19/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a post I had on another thread last year:

Quote:

I forgot to mention....

I went through a binge back near the beginning of my psychedelic mushroom adventures (several months after i did loads of acid, actually.. don't do THAT stuff anymore tho - it was wonderful but left me with holes in my soul IMO... but I digress..), during a camping trip:

On the FOURTH day in a row, I made some more mushroom tea, and drank it sitting in a chair out in the woods. Within about 15 minutes, I felt the trip coming on: My mushroom counterpart was upset with me and getting sick, tired and overwhelmed with my frequency.

I started feeling a bit nervous and went into my tent to lay down comfortably, away from constantly-attacking insects. Laying there feeling the effects come, I knew I had "sinned." I felt the my mushroom-personality scolding me. I held onto the ground as I started to get a kind of "We're gunna fuck you over, Mr. Trip-four-days-in-a-row-just-because-you're-out-camping" feeling, and got quite scared. I had "bad-tripped" before, but the impending feelings were utterly horrifying.

I made an internal plea to these feelings inside me. "OK I understand I shouldn't trip so often. I really do apologize and I'll turn my frequency way down after this trip but I'm already 'here' now so I can't take this one away. There is no need to punish myself if I still get the message withOUT punishment." These are the types of things I was thinking to myself as everything in my field of visionI started growing dark and pointy in very subtle ways (best way I can describe it...), and all sorts of strange devices waiting to be used for my torture appeared.

Suddenly the sharp, pointy edges of my slight visual hallucinations softened and lightened. I had sucessfully turned things around. As soon as it hit me that the trip wasn't spiralling downwards afterall, my nausea lifted, and I thanked myself for "going easy on me" as I exited the tent. From there, another incredibly happy mushroom trip followed; felt like the greatest internal mushroom "production" ever!

So after the trip, a friend of mine asked me "Hey so do you want to trip with _____ and I on Saturday?"

I sat there for several seconds, and replied "Yes I do want to, but I don't want to trip so often; its exausting - I'd love to hang out with you guys though, if you don't mind a sober-person around."

My lesson had been learned. I keep my trips at least 3 months from eachother.

Has anybody had similar experiences where you "broke a rule" of some sort, and started freaking out, but turned it around and made some good descisions in the process? hmm nevermind thats a whole other topic.. :-D

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Play it safe man.... you might start being mean to yourself if you do them too often.

go ahead and trip two days in a row, just understand that it shouldn't be a regular thing - I would take a smaller dose the first day/night and then take a larger dose for the next one - it may make two equal trips :smile: Good luck

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1473511 - 04/19/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Jeez, my story is very similar to that. I used to trip about 3 times a week on shrooms for about a month. I "sinned" as he called it, and turned kinda crazy. I vowed to never disrespect the shrooms again. I have only tripped once since then, but im looking foward to many trips in the future.  :grin:

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

OfflineBangvan
Sir
Loc: Westcoast
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1489248 - 04/24/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think youre going to have a problem tripping the 2nd time.

The first time I shroomed I had a great time off 2 dried grams. Maybe about a 1-2 level trip. The next day I shroomed again, which I know was pretty dumb but my friend's parents were gone for the weekend so it seemed like a good idea to take advantage of the oppurtunity. We ate 2.6 grams each the next day and for a strange reason, my friend hardly tripped at all, maybe a level 1, while I had a great level 3 trip which was extremely fun, better than the previous day's trip.

So I guess different people react differently since my friend didn't trip, but it is possible and you might be lucky like me.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: Bangvan]
    #1489506 - 04/24/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well bangvan, u must be one of those rare people. Ill say 99% of people cannot trip 2 days in a row and experience full effects. But Kazdah it looks like ull have to prove this to urself (conduct and experiment) , thats wat i did last year, i tried trippin 2 days in a row, the second day was just a minor body high, dialated pupils and a stuck faced feeling; a COMPLETE waste of shrooms.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinesarge
Stranger

#24851785 - 12/17/17 01:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Mate I've had almost the same experience from taking too many shrooms, they warn you off !  Y saying "hey "" eyes

Offlinesarge
Stranger

#24851787 - 12/17/17 01:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Mate I've had almost the same experience from taking too many shrooms, they warn you off !  Y saying "hey "" eyes

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: sarge]
    #24851811 - 12/17/17 01:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Your tolerance doubles within hours of taking them and subsides after about 5-7 days. By day 3-4 your tolerance, ime, will decrease by about half. It's different for everyone though, I don't find that my tolerance doubles, more like increase by 1.5% and holds there fairly steady. I've tripped for almost three weeks in a row without increasing the dose and by the last day my tolerance had not much more than doubled (I did take ~3 days off in that time). For me it increases by about 50% and then each day there after it increases less and less. By day ~3-5 the increase seemed to be negligible; it was still noticable, but considerably less so, at this point the setting became more impactful than the tolerance.

So the answer is up to you, but base your decision on that. Tripping 2 days in a row, or 2 weeks, doesn't really tend to leave you any more "frazzled' than a single day. What tends to leave you "frazzled" are difficult trips. You can trip 7 times, the time frame doesn't matter, yet that 8th time can be what does it. Is there any thing significant about 7 or 8? No, it just happened to occur at #8. Ime those kind of trips, while more likely to occur at higher doses maybe, are not even really dose dependent. Sometimes shit just happens.

OfflineSlightly stupid
Stranger

Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: krypto2000]
    #24852209 - 12/17/17 05:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Iv donw it a few times . You will need to take slot more am the next day i felt so tired an burnt out.but it was worth it.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: sarge]
    #24852676 - 12/17/17 08:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sarge said:

Dude, 14 year old thread!

Poster is 6 years gone. Better ways to get a post count then resurrecting the long dead.  :ilold:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineCallmedaddy
Stranger
Re: Taking mushrooms 2 days in a row? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24856185 - 12/19/17 04:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Trip first and third day of your vacation

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds