Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGmo
Stranger
Recovering from bad LSD trip.....
    #14712263 - 07/03/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok so back in early November of 2010 I ended a little 6 week acid binge with a couple bad trips that seem to of had some lingering effects....I was tripping every weekend pretty much for this period but wasn't taking large doses and I believe it was really the two bad trips that left me feelin a little screwy.

Basically about 4-5 months ago for like 2 months I was getting ate up with really bad social anxiety and weird muscle tension feelings that I would normally get on the come up of a trip and just felt really down and what not all the time...I never really did much but go to class and study and felt like I had lost the aspects of my personality that made me, me. I knew I hadn't done any brain damage or anything cause I still made good grades and I could still function and come off as pretty much "normal" its just I had to actually TRY to come off as normal instead of just living life. Since that little bout of depression I've been steadily improving.

So fast forward to today I feel like my personality is back for the most part, I still get anxiety in some situations but not anywhere near as bad as a few months ago...my depersonalization has been fading gradually over time but it almost feels like I've come to some sort of stand still as far as recovery is concerned...Like if my brain was a computer that crashed and is now in recovery mode its like I'm stallin at about 75 or 80 percent or something....

So after all the rambling I guess my question is have any of you experienced an extended period of a mental funk from tripping and then reached a point where you're satisfied with who you are??? Like I said I'm definitely getting better I guess I'm just looking for some kind of reassurance that I won't be permannently a little too spacey.

Thanks in advance for any answers....and any advice is muchh appreciated...I've already been working out and supplementing and eating a decent amount better which seems to help a decent amount. Also if anyone's in the same boat I wouldn't mind a PM or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomyJohn
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Gmo]
    #14712398 - 07/03/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You're fine.  Bad trips still lead to great destinations.  Don't psych yourself out.

OfflineMagicjoe
Unicyclist
    #14712400 - 07/03/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Totally off question (err well maybe)... do you smoke cigarettes?

OfflineShroomyJohn
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: ShroomyJohn]
    #14712411 - 07/03/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Once your idea of "you" is destroyed it takes some time.  You wont be the same again, but that isn't slash bad thing

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #14712462 - 07/03/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I had an "episode" some what after using mushrooms every weekend for too long.  It took a while but i got back to feeling normal.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineGmo
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Magicjoe]
    #14712466 - 07/03/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Kinda random haha....but no I dont smoke cigs, Why?

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#14712524 - 07/03/11 07:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gmo said:
I guess my question is have any of you experienced an extended period of a mental funk from tripping and then reached a point where you're satisfied with who you are???

Yes. It's funny, but psychedelics tend to make people look at things that were always there as though they are new phenomenon. Like some guy the other day was saying that he has hppd because "the road looks like it's moving after the car stops", when in reality this common optical illusion happens to everybody. Because he only noticed it after his acid trip he thinks that the acid trip caused it.

I almost fell into the same trap. I tripped and tripped and tripped and then thought "holy shit, my brain is full of funk and fried as hell".... but then I realized that I've ALWAYS had to "act normal", and I've ALWAYS had weird muscle tensions. For some reason I started to think the tripping caused all these things, but it hadn't, it just made me remember that these were there.

Either the way, the more time that goes by the less this will happen to you. Eventually you'll forget that you're "acting normal" and think you're just living life. And eventually you'll forget about your anxieties and just think you're calm.

OfflineL-Shroom-D
Trance Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Dawks]
    #14712854 - 07/03/11 09:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Im with you. About a month ago i about killed myself. Took a big dose by myself and went insane. Had to get my buddies over

Anyhow for 3 hours before they arrived was horror. The visuals were veryintense and they kept repeating.etc... anyhow inow feel like im not me also. I dont have my spunk or upbeat style. I also got a good amount of social anxiety and depression. Tje more i think about it the more depressed i feel. It has turned my life around 180 degress... i fucking hate how i feel now its horrid. Worst off all is you cant talk to anyone because they dont know what its like

I hope i improv because this is a bad feeling. I took 540mcg  of some good blotter. Alex grey im pretty sure

--------------------
:lsdabc:
:cactuar::sanpedro::cactuar:
:marioshroom:

OfflineShroomyJohn
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14712867 - 07/03/11 09:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

L-Shroom-D said:
Im with you. About a month ago i about killed myself. Took a big dose by myself and went insane. Had to get my buddies over

Anyhow for 3 hours before they arrived was horror. The visuals were veryintense and they kept repeating.etc... anyhow inow feel like im not me also. I dont have my spunk or upbeat style. I also got a good amount of social anxiety and depression. Tje more i think about it the more depressed i feel. It has turned my life around 180 degress... i fucking hate how i feel now its horrid. Worst off all is you cant talk to anyone because they dont know what its like

I hope i improv because this is a bad feeling. I took 540mcg  of some good blotter. Alex grey im pretty sure

Hair of the dog... do it again bro

OfflineL-Shroom-D
Trance Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: ShroomyJohn]
    #14712946 - 07/03/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What do you mean by hair of the dog?

--------------------

OfflineSally D
Dap King

Loc: Maryland
    #14712977 - 07/03/11 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Like when you are hungover you decide to drink more alcohal to cure the hangover. You had a bad acid trip, so you should take more acid to cure the bad trip and realize that you can be yourself again.

--------------------
My 1st Grow! (Mexicana A & GT/B+)

My posts are all a illusion and if you see anything there then you should must be hallucinating.:shroomeryhead:

:murray: You are the man! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

OfflineL-Shroom-D
Trance Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Sally D]
    #14712984 - 07/03/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I will pass. Im done with  psychedelics for awhile. That was horrible.

At one point i was butt naked in my bathroom with buzzers in my hand... weiiird

--------------------

OfflineTheiv
padawan
    #14713116 - 07/03/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I personally don't believe in bad trips. I feel that all trips are good and if one becomes uncomfortable it's because you needed to experience whatever happens to grow as a person. My first mushroom trip was on an eighth that resulted me being stuck in the prison of my mind. It was not pleasent at all however when I meditated on it later I realized how important the trip was to me. Prior to that trip I had only ever tried LSD around 5 times several times at 2-3 hits and once at 6 hits of some nice wow unperfed blotter that was fairly intense. My point is perhaps reflecting on what the acid was trying to show you will help you find your way back to normalcy.

OfflineHygrocybe
Walkin Wonderland
 User Gallery

#14713131 - 07/03/11 10:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Like some guy the other day was saying that he has hppd because "the road looks like it's moving after the car stops", when in reality this common optical illusion happens to everybody.

motion after-effect (MAE)

OfflineHygrocybe
Walkin Wonderland
 User Gallery

#14713168 - 07/03/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to hear more about the muscle tension.

Quote:

I never really did much but go to class and study and felt like I had lost the aspects of my personality that made me, me.

They're still there, you just had your ability to identify with them shaken. This is the double edged sword of psychedelics, they are really destroyers IMO; this power can be hugely helpful when we break our identification with unhelpful aspects of ourselves. The depersonalization will fade, it's not unusual for people who are depressed or using psychedelics.

OfflineGmo
Stranger
    #14713326 - 07/03/11 11:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I can agree with some of what you said but these "muscle tensions," thats just the best way I can describe it, aren't feelings that I had before and just didn't pay attention to I'm sure of that. Its like a weird tightness, but not so much a physical tightness, that I get in my jaw and neck.....I would always get that during the weird moments you get while tripping until it levels out again. Kinda hard to explain idk.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14713339 - 07/03/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You probably were very tense during your trip and your muscles are sore.

OfflineGmo
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Theiv]
    #14713391 - 07/03/11 11:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmmm I respect your opinion in saying you don't believe in bad trips but I'd have to disagree with you. There are bad trips that occur externally that are out of your control, those last two bad trips weren't bad because they were showing me a deep seeded issue I had....

On one of them the cops showed up at my apartment and we had tons of weed more doses and some coke lying around everywhere, the other bad trip occured cause me and my friend tripped at a house he was soon to move out of, and I didn't know this beforehand, but his roomates weren't cool with any type of drug use and they were being really rude and didn't want us around. And also some drunk girls that didn't know anything about tripping showed up and started messing with us a lot....it was just a weird atmosphere.

Both times I just got really bad vibes and anxiety that carried over into my sober life. They were both a set and setting problem that I couldn't control.

Offlineerikksonb
 User Gallery

Loc: Trees of the PNW
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Sally D]
    #14713421 - 07/03/11 11:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sally D said:
Like when you are hungover you decide to drink more alcohal to cure the hangover. You had a bad acid trip, so you should take more acid to cure the bad trip and realize that you can be yourself again.

I agree, kind of helped me recently. Just took a low dose of lsd afterwards and worked my way to where I can have an intense trip and not let the anxiety get to me. Along with some other changes self working, lifestyle, mindset, etc.

As for OP, yes I can relate. I have just gone through and recovered I guess you could call it. I want to say it's all in your head but I've been off the deep hole in my mind which might I add can go very deep. It felt like I had no control of the chaos. It time along with said factors above.

--------------------
Imagine a world of Peace.

OfflineGmo
Stranger
Re: Recovering from bad LSD trip..... [Re: Hygrocybe]
    #14713426 - 07/03/11 11:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This might sound weird to you, like I said before its hard to explain, but its almost like my internal energy system is out of whack or something idk. Randomly I'll get what feels like really concentrated spasms in my neck or jaw area. But its not really physical.

Like for me when I'm tripping its like I can feel the natural flow of energy or whatever in my body but its like now that has been disrupted and at random times too much energy will concentrate itself in my jaw or neck area. Its not like a phsyical pain but its unpleasant and makes me tense up.

Sorry for the weird explanation I'm not really saying thats whats actually happening thats just the easiest way I can think to describe it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract