Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Judge blocks parts of Montana medical marijuana law * 1
    #14698371 - 06/30/11 08:49 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Judge blocks parts of Montana medical marijuana law
June 30, 2011 - forbes.com

HELENA, Mont. -- A judge on Thursday blocked Montana from enforcing a new law ending commercial medical marijuana operations, saying banning pot providers from making a profit will deny people a fundamental right to seek health care by legal means.

Helena District Judge James Reynolds issued a preliminary injunction against parts of a restrictive overhaul of the state's voter-approved medical marijuana law, which was due to take effect on Friday. One part of the law would have limited marijuana providers to distributing to a maximum of three patients and barred them from receiving anything of value for their product.

The state hasn't banned any other industries from receiving compensation for their legal goods and services, Reynolds said in his ruling.

"The court is unaware of and has not been shown where any person in any other licensed and lawful industry in Montana - be he a barber, an accountant, a lawyer, or a doctor - who, providing a legal product or service, is denied the right to charge for that service or is limited in the number of people he or she can serve," Reynolds wrote.

Reynolds also blocked provisions of the law banning advertising of medical marijuana, allowing unannounced searches of providers and requiring an investigation into any doctor who recommends marijuana for more than 25 patients in a year.

The ruling means medical marijuana providers for now will continue to operate under many of the rules approved by voters in 2004, a law that critics say is riddled with loopholes and has allowed the industry to spin out of control.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Judge blocks parts of Montana medical marijuana law [Re: veggie]
    #14698399 - 06/30/11 08:54 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

ahahahah good for you Montana, good for you :peace::gd_icon:

Conservatives sometimes make me sick

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Offlinelacma50
Male

Loc: Lazy Daze in California
Re: Judge blocks parts of Montana medical marijuana law [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #14698668 - 06/30/11 09:58 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

The parts of the law she blocked made me laugh, they're just absurd.

--------------------

"Any rational person changes his mind when confronted with new evidence."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service