Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesage1o1
Warrior
Male User Gallery

Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: john6886]
    #14554727 - 06/03/11 08:03 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

why buy a kit? you have this site and best of all...us :cool:

i looked at the kit and just no, no, no.  i'm sorry, i don't mean to be rude.  it's just that i've been embittered by kits and the people who sell them.  Years ago, probably around 10, i bought a bunch of expensive stuff from "the keeper".  i know i know, what a mistake.  you all remember that guy? btw, never buy anything from him, ever!

anyway what i don't like about kits, especially the ones that come with pre-made jars, is that your taking out the thrill of the hunt.  it's more fun to find all that stuff yourself. plus you know how do it from then on, which is very important imho.  anyway i hope my ranting hasn't offended you, and gl

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepcnubie
Stranger

Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: sage1o1]
    #14554750 - 06/03/11 08:16 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

yo! i purchased something similar to this deal from the same supplier and when it arrived i inoculated the brf jars that are supposedly pre sterilized and some bulk grain with the same syringe. All the brf cakes grew trichoderma and the grain colonized with rizos. just a word of warning make sure you pasteurize the pre-mixed brf jars or they will grow trich 99% of the time.

OfflineAnarchyfest
Dead Skin Mask
Male User Gallery

Loc: South of Heaven, usa Flag
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: pcnubie]
    #14554856 - 06/03/11 09:03 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

the picture on that link with mushrooms looks awfuly familiar X_x

--------------------
If you must live by the sword, then you will die by the sword.

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Somewhere between me and ...
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: Anarchyfest]
    #14558026 - 06/03/11 09:32 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not getting the kit. I got 5 dozen 1 pint wide mouth jars, BRF, verm, rye berries, cracked corn, popcorn, birdseed, wheat straw, gypsum and some dehydrated hpoo. Along with a 17 quart pressure canner and a huge closet with a shelf system to put my clear plastic totes that I converted into FC's in. Oh I also got a blue light and small space heater connected to automatic timers and thermostat. I think I should be able to get a good grow going. Does anyone have or have a link to a good recipe for these ingredients? Or should I just stick with the BRF Tek and toss in some of the other ingredients in small amounts to see how well it works?

--------------------
Everywhere I go, I see myself.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: Nerotik]
    #14558047 - 06/03/11 09:36 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Id suggest not doing 10 strains at once. Stick to 3 or 4 at a time.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: scatmanrav]
    #14558422 - 06/03/11 11:13 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Why only 3 or 4? I have plenty of room, time and materials to do them all at once. Not to mention it will allow me to have a bumper crop at harvest time and then start again. Or I suppose I could stagger them. Start 2 strains then wait 2-3 weeks and start 2 more etc. That way I would have a steady flow coming in on a continual basis. What do you guys think?

--------------------

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Riding the spiral
    #14558731 - 06/04/11 01:51 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I like the picture of Fahtsters cakes on that site :lol: I'm sure he used that kit to grow em :thumbup:

--------------------

For cultivation troubleshooting/advice visit us here

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

Offlinebestscreenname
Stranger
Male

Loc: Charleston, South Carolin... Flag
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: McDude]
    #14558820 - 06/04/11 02:48 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

caligrowkits, visiongrowkits, and mycogrowlabs are all the same guy.  just a scammer preying on beginners.  stick with what everyone has said and D.I.Y.

Offlineexplosivekush
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: pcnubie]
    #14560905 - 06/04/11 03:50 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

i got the same kit but from an ebay seller and i noc'ed the jars 5 days ago. Well 6/6 of them have little to no mycelium and 4/6 of them have green dots under and around the little mycelium they have.. should i just toss the jars or let them wait a little longer and see what happens? the dots are pretty small

edit-  guy above me is right they r all the same ppl his ebay name was mycogrowlabs and the paypal paid to visiongrowkits.

im gunna try to get my money with a paypal dispute

Edited by explosivekush (06/04/11 03:52 PM)

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: explosivekush]
    #14560971 - 06/04/11 04:12 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Use WIDE-MOUTH 1/2 pint jars, they are a forgiving size if contamination breaks out.  The last thing a noobie needs is a half-gallon jar full of trich (Me).

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #14562532 - 06/04/11 10:10 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nerotik said:
Why only 3 or 4? I have plenty of room, time and materials to do them all at once. Not to mention it will allow me to have a bumper crop at harvest time and then start again. Or I suppose I could stagger them. Start 2 strains then wait 2-3 weeks and start 2 more etc. That way I would have a steady flow coming in on a continual basis. What do you guys think?

100 jars (10cc per syringe, 10 strains) is alot of work to put on yourself at once. Even 100 grain jars is alot of work.. At every stage..

I like to stagger things.

That way you also learn each time, and can apply your knowledge to your next grow just weeks later.

EDIT: to say, I know why I said that, you said you were going to do 24 jars. If you do 10 strains, your going to do 2 or 3 jars of each strain. Why switch so much? Use one syringe, then the next. Then theres labeling ect..really no need. Keep it easier. 8 jars x 3 strains = 24 jars with 2 cc's of each strain left over in case its a good one and you want to put it to grain later. Perfect.

However I wouldnt do BRF in pint jars. Go with a grain, or mixture of grain you have.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Edited by scatmanrav (06/04/11 10:16 PM)

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14562879 - 06/04/11 11:56 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:

EDIT: to say, I know why I said that, you said you were going to do 24 jars. If you do 10 strains, your going to do 2 or 3 jars of each strain. Why switch so much? Use one syringe, then the next. Then theres labeling ect..really no need. Keep it easier. 8 jars x 3 strains = 24 jars with 2 cc's of each strain left over in case its a good one and you want to put it to grain later. Perfect.

However I wouldnt do BRF in pint jars. Go with a grain, or mixture of grain you have.

Ok I am going to take your advice and start with knocking up 24 jars using 3 strains, 8 jars per strain. Orissa India, Ban Phang Ka and Australian. I will be using large mouth 1 pint jars with a mixture of rye berries, cracked corn, bird seed, verm and just a little gypsum and hpoo for flavor. Now after full colonization should I remove the cakes and let them fruit that way or should I spawn them to some cake pans with hpoo, wheat straw, rye berries, BRF and verm? I ask because these three strains especially Orissa and Ban Phang can grow very large, over a foot long and have pretty meaty bodies and I'm not sure if cakes will be able to produce or support such large fruits. Let me know what you think and if you think I should change my recipe for the jars or the cake pan. Thanks much, I really appreciate all the help.

--------------------

OfflineShowmehow420
Got a good handle on things now
Male

Loc: Sandy Ego USA!!!! Flag
    #14563007 - 06/05/11 12:50 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Well its good you arent gonna get the kit the only good thing about it is the incubator that they have, however you can make it yourself much cheaper. I bought it and I wasted the only Hawaiian syringe I had to the jars it came with :mad:. You already have all the grains to do it so just jump up to grain. You could also to a couple BRF and a couple grain and see what you like better.If you do decide to do BRF cakes I highly recommend that you dunk crumble and case them. It will take a couple more day than just fruiting the cakes my the out come IMO is a whole lot better. And lets face it 3-5 days is gonna kill anyone... good luck let us know whats up.

--------------------
:sainthofmann::toomuchacid:

Trade List

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: Showmehow420]
    #14563076 - 06/05/11 01:29 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Showmehow420 said:
You could also to a couple BRF and a couple grain and see what you like better.If you do decide to do BRF cakes I highly recommend that you dunk crumble and case them. It will take a couple more day than just fruiting the cakes my the out come IMO is a whole lot better. And lets face it 3-5 days is gonna kill anyone... good luck let us know whats up.

I am familiar with the dunk and roll, but I think this is the first time I have heard of dunk and crumble. So what would you suggest for casing materials? Should I go with hpoo, wheat straw, rye berries, gypsum, cracked corn, bird seed, some more BRF and then a 1/2" or 1" layer of verm covering the whole thing? I mean, what would be your method? What substrates, pan shape and size, would you case it with a layer of verm etc?

--------------------

OfflineShowmehow420
Male

#14563145 - 06/05/11 02:14 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ok heres the deal. The grain or the BRF cakes are the "Substrate". You have to establish which you are going to use first. Noc up the substrate then case it. I like to use Miracle Grow Moisture Control (MGMC) because it is easy for me to get my hands on in the city.

If you are going to use the crumble method the is a link just do a search for it but basically break up the cakes after the are fully colonized and spread it out as the substrate. How much casing you use has to reflect how much substrate you use. If you use about 2 inches I would say a 1/2 inch of casing.(which is the MGMC or hpoo/straw) please correct me if anyone disagrees... for I am still pretty new as well

--------------------

Trade List

OfflineShowmehow420
Male

#14563146 - 06/05/11 02:15 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

ohhh and the grain I recommend is WBS....

--------------------

Trade List

Invisiblefahtster
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: McDude]
    #14563910 - 06/05/11 09:00 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Nah.. I didn't use that kit... I just used the grow sites on the intraweb like here.  I'm guessing they just lifted that pic off one of the these sites it's on.. But I did grow those with the method they are talking about... minus all the gadgets like ultrasonic etc.  The real trick in getting results like that is with a clone/isolate. 

the link for my clone tek is in my signature.  but there's plenty of ways to clone.  I am a supporter of small business and $99 isn't too crazy, but you can do it for less, but you have to do all the gathering of materials... so s'up to you.  How lazy do ya feel?  lol

Faht

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: CALI Mushroom Grow Kit [Re: fahtster]
    #14566928 - 06/05/11 09:25 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

THROW AWAY THE CRACKED CORN! Garbage for this, turns to mush. The rest of the jars is fine, though poo isnt needed.

Do NOT put BRF or rye berries in the trays that you spawn to. Forget the straw too, unless you really want to. The horse poo with gypsum and verm is a good substrate to spawn to.

--------------------

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14567488 - 06/05/11 11:04 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ok how does this sound? 8 1 pint jars = 16 cups so...
Rye 8cups
WBS 4cups
Verm 3cups
Gypsum 1cup
Wait for full colonization then dunk and crumble.
Spawn to 16 cups hpoo, 10 cups verm 5 cups straw and 1 cup gypsum. Too much, too little, quantities out of balance?

--------------------

OfflineTrowaBarton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14567557 - 06/05/11 11:23 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

What in the fuck is going on in this thread?

To the original poster - you should disregard anything that anyone has posted on this thread! There is very small bits and pieces scattered throughout what most of these people said and most of the good stuff is mixed in with at least one thing bad....

*ACCEPT* the things scatmanrav told you to do (also fahtster but he doesnt really give you specific advice)... you will notice that he/they have a trusted cultivator tag and until you have a decent bit of knowledge it is best to listen to what TC's say and try to ignore the riff raff

He is definately giving you good advice!

and since you posted in the mean time ill give you a little advice on it but again prob wait and see if scatman chimes back in...

IMO you should just pick one grain for your spawn I would suggest just going with the WBS alone....then there is definately no need to dunk after full colonization (thats a BRF PF tek thing).... and this last bit I have no experience with but have heard stories so I just do without, I hear straw is GREAT outdoor but indoor seems to kinda contam for w/e reason so I would suggest to just leave it out.... simpler is better go with WBS to Poo and that sill do wonders

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation