Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekierbob
Stranger

Re: Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: olive]
    #21867191 - 06/28/15 04:05 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Olive, absolutely love your work. This thread is amazing!!

I have some taco's on the go and will be making some more tonight, from reading your earlier post I understood that you only dampen the taco's once and then leave them do their thing for around 1 month. Am I correct in thinking you do no misting or moistening in between?

Thanks!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: kierbob]
    #21879591 - 06/30/15 06:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

My taco from the 12th of June has remained quite moist without any misting at all. Hopefully that answers your question.

My myc isn't growing as rapidly as I'd hoped. I'm thinking their current location isn't quite warm enough, so I'm gonna move them close to a heater vent.

Invisibleolive
fresh
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: Rock1084]
    #21879760 - 06/30/15 07:30 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kierbob said:
Hey Olive, absolutely love your work. This thread is amazing!!

I have some taco's on the go and will be making some more tonight, from reading your earlier post I understood that you only dampen the taco's once and then leave them do their thing for around 1 month. Am I correct in thinking you do no misting or moistening in between?

Thanks!

that is what i do, no misting or watering in between, it surprises me just how dry the cardboard can get while their is still condensation in the bag, this is what keeps the mycelium growing.

Quote:

Rock1084 said:
My taco from the 12th of June has remained quite moist without any misting at all. Hopefully that answers your question.

My myc isn't growing as rapidly as I'd hoped. I'm thinking their current location isn't quite warm enough, so I'm gonna move them close to a heater vent.

very good that your tacos are moist.

they like cold and dark not warmth, these are a cold loving species, they go dormant in the warmth imo

--------------------
cactilicious

grow      :ovenmitt:    hunt

Offlinekierbob
Stranger

#21880270 - 06/30/15 09:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply guys! I've got a fair few tacos on the go, hopefully get them in the ground before the end of the month.

As it's unlikely I'll get any more stem butts for more tacos, what is the best way to utilise my sub spore prints?

Keeping in mind at this stage I'm not playing with agar nor any PC sterilisation.

--------------------

Invisiblezed240
Hunter & Information sponge

#21881551 - 07/01/15 03:49 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm posting here because I want this in my thread list to easily refer to and I've been pretty inspired by it! Great thread, Olive! :mushroom2::bow2::mushroom2:

I made a patch last year that I am pretty sure didn't work as I've had nothing yet. It wasn't for lack of effort but for lack of research at the time.

So I try again. I have lots of spots in the garden these will be going, a couple at friends houses and some new spots started in the wild too.

I've made some with just cardboard, some with cardboard and fine pine shavings. Some in TakeAway tubs with only pine chips and shavings, some in TA containers with soil and woodchips, and some in TA with carboard surrounded by wood shavings and chips in the hope the myc will spread from the cardboard and into the wood.

The ones in TA containers have the lids left on them but only sealed in one or two corners to allow some gas exchange but they stay nice and moist, a little spray with a water bottle every few days and they seem pretty happy.

The one shown below is easily the most agressive so far. Which makes complete sense as these subs come from a place which gets very high winds and is on top of a ridge along a single line of pines. They are also always very, very short stemmed. So I have pretty high hopes for these ones. I know the cardboard is in the way in some pics of the TA containers but it has myc growing and holding it down so I didn't want to rip it up.

I've kept one more variety pure and labelled, most others have been mixed together from a number of different spots all combined in together. None so far are as aggressive as the other one I've kept aside and shown above.

A few of the others shown below.

--------------------
~~~    :mushroom2: touch my ring :mushroom2:    ~~~

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#21884375 - 07/01/15 06:53 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

olive said:
very good that your tacos are moist.

they like cold and dark not warmth, these are a cold loving species, they go dormant in the warmth imo

Ah ok, well I'll move them back to the original spot in my cupboard, dark and cool.

zed240, very nice shots there. I've been wondering about using TA containers but wasn't sure whether I should put just woodchips or a mix of woodchips and potting mix or whether the container should be open or sealed. Olive have you tried growing myc in a TA container at all? ANy ideas on what is the best substrate/soil mix?

zed, good luck and please report back.  :popcorn:

Offlinekierbob
Stranger

#21885478 - 07/01/15 10:37 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Rock, looks like you're scouting for similar information as me!

I don't know if you've seen these posts yet
UK Explorer's Journal
But it looks as though they might contain some of the answers we seek!

I haven't had a chance to have a good read through yet so I may be wrong but the pictures look good!

Good luck bro, let me know if you stumble upon something solid!

--------------------

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#21885904 - 07/02/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for that kierbob, I'll have a good read through in time, but so far I've found this to be quite informative http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13477434

Offlinekierbob
Stranger

#21886355 - 07/02/15 04:50 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Oooh, cheers man! definitely trying a sub smoothy over wood chips, sounds delicious!

Hopefully my patch proves fruitful this weekend or next!

--------------------

Offlinekierbob
Stranger

#21891446 - 07/03/15 06:24 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Apologies for the double post, but I did not feel I should create a new thread.

I will be preparing an outdoor bed I'm the next few days. I've found these red bark wood chips and am wondering if they're suitable, and if they should be mixed with anything or just laid straight on top of the existing soil?

Thanks guys!

--------------------

Invisibleolive
fresh
 User Gallery

#21891460 - 07/03/15 06:32 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

they are both good links them  :smile:

best substrate for a quick flush (2 years) imo when cultivating this species in aus is a aged pine, pine is everywhere.

those chips look very nice Kierbob, they will break down and colonise nicely, looks like pine bark.
lay them straight on the soil, water the patch a few times in summer and the mycelium will do the rest  :mushroomgrow::thumbup:

--------------------
cactilicious

grow      :ovenmitt:    hunt

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

Loc: NZ
    #22002701 - 07/27/15 02:22 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm loving this thread. Thanks for sharing olive. :aweyeah:

Offlinekierbob
Stranger

Re: Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: Bagels]
    #22003051 - 07/27/15 06:32 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

MyceliYUM!

--------------------

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#22025948 - 07/31/15 07:53 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Olive (or anyone else), just curious as to whether subs/myc will grow adequately indoors in a woodchip container, or would they actually do better outdoors?

I've got about 7 takeaway containers with cardboard tacos in them and not sure whether I should dump them outside in the garden/park or keep them growing inside? They've been in woodchip containers lined with damp cardboard for about a week now (tacos were grown for about 4 weeks), and the containers are starting to smell a bit mouldy, like wet carpet. I can see some myc starting to grow, but it's not bright white like what was growing on the tacos, this is more of a dark grey fuzz.

Edited by Rock1084 (07/31/15 10:34 PM)

OfflineBoggerOp
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22133545 - 08/24/15 12:36 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Wow Olive your thread is awesome it has answered so many questions

Offlinekumarakrush
Stranger

Re: Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation............. [Re: olive] * 1
    #23115475 - 04/14/16 12:07 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

long time lurker, resurrecting this incredible thread!! cant wait for 2016 updates olive :mushroom2:

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation............. [Re: kumarakrush]
    #23275674 - 05/26/16 10:25 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

My observation on cultivating mycelium tacos.
I've found that older stems generally don't start producing mycelium on cardboard, whereas the fresh ones that are still white do just fine. I've got one taco where the mycelium has eatenright through to the other side of the cardboard in under 3 weeks. :awesome:

--------------------

The Shadecloth Food Dehydrator Tek

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand Flag
Re: Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation............. [Re: Rock1084]
    #23276401 - 05/27/16 05:03 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Just found this thread while searching for how subs do in the frost, I feel like I've stumbled on the motherlode of sub growing knowledge and feel heavily inspired!

Currently have a little takeaway container of cardboard with a bunch of stem butts and small woodchips that've been colonised by mycelium in the wild. Incubating it in my computer case! It's all taking hold very nicely and I just open it daily and check it out to give it the fresh air it requires. Hopefully I can colonise the park nearby my place like you've been colonising your property!

Speaking of which, I'd love to see/hear some updates on how things are going with your enormous grow op, Olive :crazy2:

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

InvisibleDexaMpheTamine
Master Shroomer

Loc: Earth.
Re: Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation page [Re: Dunedinite]
    #24542202 - 08/09/17 06:34 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

preparing for a massive outdoor patch building spree in my best microclimates spots soon:rockon:

Offlinesum0
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation page [Re: DexaMpheTamine]
    #25314457 - 07/08/18 05:45 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I pray one day Olive updates this. I can only imagine how prolific his patches are now and I wonder if he has achieved his goal of biggest man-made sub patch in the southern hemisphere xD. Please update Olive hehe:heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags