Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Chlorella, Choline, Herbal "Incense", Melatonin, Salvia, Spirulina

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Loc: off the wall
Ratfish Oil
    #14537007 - 05/30/11 07:57 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone been on this stuff at least 1-2 months?

Quote:

A drop of Ratfish oil on a sandwich daily is sufficient to prevent tooth decay.
It prevents hardening of arteries.
It removes the effects of chlorine, fluorine and bromine in the body.
It decalcifies. (Pineal gland is particularly mentioned along with the arteries)
His research indicates it to be the ultimate antioxidant source known to man, and that it contains a lot of Activator X.
Does not turn rancid in hundreds of years due to the large antioxidant content.

http://ratfishoil.com/

Quote:

Re: RatFish Oil - Chimaera Monstrosa Linnaeus NOW AVAILABLE [Dr Peterson]
For those interested, I've been taking Blue Ice fermented skate liver oil for a couple of months now, and third-eye activity has definitely increased.

In the 90s, I would see many things with eyes closed and as a layer over the 3d. Over the years, the visions went away. Now they're returning, and I'm very grateful.

Many thanks to those who suggested the product!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1967-RatFish-Oil-Chimaera-Monstrosa-Linnaeus-NOW-AVAILABLE-Dr-Peterson&p=192434&viewfull=1#post192434

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: deranger]
    #14537043 - 05/30/11 08:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Eat healthy and your teeth will be fine. I'd say it's just another damn scam to make you spend money. It might help but honestly if you eat right you shouldn't need it.
Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Edited by don_vedo (05/30/11 08:35 PM)

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
    #14537045 - 05/30/11 08:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is really strange.. My buddy just got diagnosed with a cyst around his pineal and he was talking something to me about water flouridation... He's got bi-polar and went for a scan related to that and something else.

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: hoodbran]
    #14537061 - 05/30/11 08:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yah water fluoridation is a major problem and the funny thing is, is that the government is fucking pumping the fluoride into the god damn water. I only drink distilled water, you ain't going to catch me drinkin tap water.

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Offlineparadise
ANT
Male User Gallery

Loc: CANADA...east coast Flag
    #14537071 - 05/30/11 08:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ive just been researching it a bit. And I was just wondering:

1.) It's a bottom feeder, so whats the  heavy metal content like?
2.) The oil is coming from the LIVER, which is the body's filter and being a bottom feeder what residuals is it holding in? and the concentration of the 2 above.
3.) Its a near-threatened species apparently, how do they collect it? just selective fishing, or do fisheries just pull all their ratfish out of the nets and set em aside to be sold seperately from their regular catch?

--------------------

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14537086 - 05/30/11 08:16 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hoodbran said:
This is really strange.. My buddy just got diagnosed with a cyst around his pineal and he was talking something to me about water flouridation... He's got bi-polar and went for a scan related to that and something else.

huh, that's odd.  I'm interested in the possible de-calcification effects this oil might have. 

vedo, that is true.  though you don't know until you try.  and that testimonial got me thinking.

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: don_vedo]
    #14537095 - 05/30/11 08:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I was checking on a condition called agranulocytosis, a form of leukemia.  Found reports of this condition in cocaine users.  Something like 71% of coke in the US contains a cutting agent called levamisole (animal dewormer) and that the reason for adding it is unknown.. Yea, right! me thinks

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

#14537108 - 05/30/11 08:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deranger said:
Quote:

hoodbran said:

huh, that's odd.  I'm interested in the possible de-calcification effects this oil might have. 

vedo, that is true.  though you don't know until you try.  and that testimonial got me thinking.

Ive done some reading and it seems a viable detox option.. but more reading's gotta be done.. Off to Athens...

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

#14537119 - 05/30/11 08:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hoodbran said:
Ive done some reading and it seems a viable detox option.. but more reading's gotta be done.. Off to Athens...

Spirulina and chlorella also some very viable detox options. Check them out!

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14537131 - 05/30/11 08:24 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Information and documentation list (In development - frequently updated)
http://www.rubin.no/files/documents/4642-173_konkurrransefortrinn_ferske_oljer.pdf (2009 – Norwegian) Altavida AS, Kontakt: Bjørn Skjævestad Nofima Mat, Kontakt: Gjermund Vogt. Marine Study explaining: Omega acids, Antioxidants, Oxidation and rancidity, Mitochondria and Cell Membranes.
http://www.rubin.no/files/documents/4608_olje_sluttrapport.pdf. (2007 – Norwegian) Delprosjektleder: Seniorforsker Jan Pettersen, Fiskeriforskning Sluttrapport DOCMAR. Delprosjekt: Marine oljer. Helsemessige konsekvenser av prosessering. (Marine Oils. Health consequences of processing – traditional processing versus Virgin Oils quality processing).
http://www.oxytocin.org/oxy/love.html (1998)Professor Uvnas-Moberg K Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Psychoneuroendocrinology 1998 Nov; 23(8):819-35 The Love Drug – Oxytocin. Oxytocin may mediate the benefits of positive social interaction and emotions.
http://www.susandoreydesigns.com/insights/vitamin-k.html (2007) This is an abstract of an article by Chris Masterjohn titled "On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor" which was published in Wise Traditions, Volume 8 Number One, Spring 2007, pages 14–32.Vitamin K2 is Activator X.
Acher R, Chauvet J, Chauvet MT. (1995) Adv Exp Med Biol. 1995;395:615-27. Université de Paris VI, Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, France. Man and the chimaera. Selective versus neutral oxytocin evolution. The chimaera (ratfish) has oxytocin, the typical hormone of placental mammals.
Bakes, M.J. and Nichols, P.D. (1995). Lipid, fatty acid and squalene composition of liver oil from six species of deep-sea sharks collected in southern Australian waters. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 110B, 267-275.
Baumanna, Wolfgang J.; Schmida, Harald H.O.; Mangolda Helmut K. (1967) University of Minnesota, The Hormel Institute, Austin, Minn.U.S.A. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Lipids and Lipid Metabolism Volume 144, Issue 2, 2 October 1967, Pages 344-354. Alkoxylipids: III. naturally occurring d(+)-1-IO-cis-alk-1′-enyl-diglycerides. Ratfish Liver Oil.
Batista, I. and Nunes, M.L. (1992). Characterisation of liver oils. Fisheries Resarch 14, 329-334.
Benkendorff, K., Davis, A.R., Rogers, C.N. and Bremner, J.B. (2005). Free fatty acids and sterols in the benthic spawn of aquatic molluscs, and their associated antimicrobial properties. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 316 (1):29-44.
Bhargava P, Marshall JL, Dahut W, Rizvi N, Trocky N, Williams JI, Hait H, Song S, Holroyd KJ and Hawkins - MJ (2001). A Phase I Pharmacokinetic Study of Squalamine, a Novel Antiangiogenic Agent, in Patients with Advanced Cancers. Clinical Cancer Research 7, 3912-3919.
Borch-Jensen C, Magnussen MP and Mollerup J (1997). Capillary Supercritical Fluid Chromatographic Analysis of Shark Liver Oils. JAOCS 74, 497-503.
Bordier CG, Sellier N, Foucault AP and Le Goffic F (1994). Characterization and Purification of Fatty Acid Metyl Esters from the Liver Oil of the Deep-sea Shark (Centrophorus squamosus) by Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry and Counter current Chromatography. Chromatographia 39.
Canty, D.J (2001). Lecithin and Choline: New roles for old nutrients. Handbook of Neutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Chapter 26.
Ciulla, T.A., Criswell, M.H., Danis, R.P., Williams, J.I., Mclane, M.P. and Holroyd, K.J. (2003). Squalamine lactate reduces choroidal neovascularization in laser-injury model in the rat. Retina 23, 808-814.
Choucair, B., Dherbomez, M., Roussakis, C. and El kihel, L. (2004). Synthesis of 7a and 7bspermidinylcholesterol, squalamine analogues. Bioorganic & Medical Chemistry Letters 14, 4213-4216.
Czarnetzki B.M, Muramatsu T. (1981) 1981 Dec;29(4):309-15. Chem Phys Lipids.Saturated and unsaturated 1-O-alkyl-2-O-acetoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholines derived from ratfish liver oil: effect on human leukocyte migration.
Deprez, P.P., Volkmann, J.K. and Davenport, S.R. (1990). Squalene Content and neutral Lipid Composition of Livers from Deep- sea Sharks Caught in Tasmanian Waters. Aust. J. Mar. Freshwater Res. 41, 375-387.
Douglas Laboratories,600 Boyce Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (2010) Balanced amino acid formula
Dr. Pete Peterson, (2009) In Project Camelot Interview with D.Wilcock, K.Cassidy, B.Ryan. Anti-caries, Decalcification, Pineal Gland. Transcripts, Videos and Mp3's.
Fjørtoft KL and Kjerstad M (2001 – In Norwegian). Marknadsutvikling for djuphavsartar i samband med Hatton Bank toktet 1999. Møreforsking rapport Å0107.
Genaidy, M., Kazi, A.A., Peyman, G.A., Passos-Machado, E., Farahat, H.G., Williams, J.I., Holroyd, K.J. and Blake, D.A. (2002). Effect of squalamine on iris neovascularization in monkeys. Retina 22, 772-778.
Genaera Corporation, Press release August 4, 2003: Genaera Reports Squalamine improves vision in age related macular degeneration.
Genaera Corporation, Press release June 7, 2004: Genaera presents updated phase II lung cancer clinical trial results at ASCO.
Gurr, M.I., Harwood, J.L., Frain, K.N. (2002). Lipid Biochemistry, an introduction. 5th edition. Blackwell science. ISBN 0-632-05409-3.
Hao, D., Hammons, L.A., Eckhardt, S.G., Patnaik, A., Takimoto, C.H., Schwartz, G.H., Goetz, A.D., Tolcher, A.W., McCreery, H.A., Mamun, K., Williams, J.I., Holroyd, K.J. and Rowinsky, E.K. (2003). A phase I and Pharmacokinetic study of squalamine, an aminosterol anhiogenesis inhibitor. Clinical Cancer Research 9, 2465-2471.
Hauss T, Dante S, Dencher N and Haines T (2002). Squalane is in the midplane of the lipid bilayer: implications for it's function as a proton permeability barrier. Biochimica et biophysica Acta 1556, 149-154.
Hayashi, K. and Takagi, T. (1981). Distribution of squalene and diacyl glyceryl ethers in the different tissues of deep sea shark, Dalatias lichia. Bulletin of Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries 47, 281-288.
Herbst, R.S., Hammond, L.A., Carbone, D.P., Tran, H.T., Holroyd, K.J., Desai, A., Williams, J.I., Bekele, B.N.,Hait, H., Allgood, V., Solomon, S. and Schiller, J.H. (2003). A Phase I/II Trial of continuous five-day infusion of squalamine lactate (MSI-1256F) plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small lung cancer. Clinical Cancer Research 9, 4108-4115.
Hernández-Pérez, M., Gallego, R.M.M., Alayón, P.J.P. and Hernandéz, A.B. (1997). Squalene content in livers from deep-sea sharks caught in Canary Island waters. Mer. Freshwater Res. 48, 573-576.
Hillmar I, Zöllner N. (1983) Res Exp Med (Berl). 1983;182(3):215-21. Saturated and unsaturated 1-0-alkyl-2-0-acetoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholines and 2-lyso derivatives from ratfish liver oil. Effect on adenosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate concentration in hepatocyte suspensions.
JUCKER B. M. (1); CLINE G. W. (1) ; BARUCCI N. (1); SHULMAN G. I. (1, 2); 1)Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, ETATS-UNIS
(2)Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, ETATS-UNIS. Revue /Diabetes ISSN 0012-1797/ CODEN DIAEAZ 1999,vol. 48, no1, pp. 134-140 (30 ref.) Intramuscular glucose metabolism and relative pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) versus tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle flux.
Kikuchi K, Bernard EM, Sadownik A, Regen SL and Armstrong D. (1997). Antimicrobial Activities of Squalamine Mimics. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 41, 1433-1438.
Li, D., Williams, J. and Pietras, R. (2002). Squalamine and cisplain block angiogenesis and growth of human ovarian cancer cells with or without HER-2 gene overexpression. Oncogene 21, 2805-2814.
Mangold HK, Muramatsu T, Roughley BS, Weber N. (1987) FEBS Lett. 1987 Aug 10;220(1):220-2. Biologically active lipids. Semi-synthesis of 3H-labeled ether glycerophospholipids and ether glyceroglycolipids from ratfish liver oil.
McLane M. (2001). A spermidine-coupled cholesterol metabolite from the shark with potent appetite suppressant and antidiabetic properties. International Journal of Obesity 25, 689-697.
Moore KS, Wehrli S, Roder H, Rogers M, Forrest JN, McCrimmon D and Zasloff M. (1993). Squalamine: An aminosterol antibiotic from the shark. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 1354-1358.
Navarro-Garcia, G., Pacheco-Aguilar, R., Vallejo-Cordova, B., Ramirez-Suarez, J.C. and Bolanos, A. (2000).Lipid Composition of the Liver Oil of Shark Species from the Caribbean and Gulf of California Waters. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis 13 (5):791-798.
Navarro-Garcia, G., Pacheco-Aguilar, R., Bringas-Alvarado, L. and Ortega-Garcia, J. (2004). Characterization of the lipid composition and natural antioxidants in the liver oil of Dasyatis brevis and Gymnura marmorata rays. Food Chemistry 87 (1):89-96. NEO-Sensitabs 2004: Susceptibility testing, user guide. 17th Ed. 2004.
Norris Earl R, Danielson Irvin S. (1929) Ind. Eng. Chem., 1929, 21 (11), p 1078 DOI: 10.1021/ ie50239a025. Ind. Eng. Chem., 1929, 21 (12), p 1299 DOI: 10.1021/ie50240a608 Ratfish-Liver Oil as a Source of Vitamin A.
Ostermann G, Till U, Thielmann K. (1983) Thromb Res. 1983 Apr 15;30(2):127-36. Studies on the stimulation of human blood platelets by semi-synthetic platelet-activating factor from Ratfish oil ("Saturated" and "unsaturated" platelet-activating factor (PAF) obtained from ratfish liver oil were proved to exert potent stimulation on human blood platelets.)
Rao MN, Shinnar AE, Noecker LA, Chao TL, Feibush B, Snyder B, Sharkansky I, Sarkahian A, Zhang X, Jones SR, Kinney WA and Zasloff M. (2000). Aminosterols from the Dogfish shark Squalus acanthias. J. Nat. Prod.63, 631-635.
Remme JF, Synnes M, Kjerstad M, Økland, HMW, Emblem W, Hellevik AH, Stoknes IS (2003). Utilization of selected deep sea species. Chemical characterisation, raw material properties, value added products and novel compounds. Møreforsking rapport Å0323.
Salmonowicz, J. and Krawczak-Krogulecka, W. (1981). Possibilities for Complex Use Liver Oil of Some Species of Sharks. Zeszyty Problemowe Postepow Nauk Rolniczych 211, 207-210.
Sargent, J.R., Gatten, R.R. and McIntosh, R. (1973). The distribution of neutral lipids in shark tissues. J. mar. biol. Ass. U.K. 53, 649-656.
Selinsky, B.S., Zhou, Z., Fotjik, K.G., Jones, S.R., Dollahon, N.R. and Shinnar, A.E. (1998). The aminosterol antibiotic squalamine permeabilizes large unimellar phosholipid vesicles. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1370, 218-234.
Summers G and Wong R (1992). Cosmetic Products from Semi-refined Shark Liver Oil. INFOFISH International 2, 55-58.
Tepe, B. Daferera, D. Sokmen, A. Sokmen, M. and Mischos Polissiou (2003). Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of essential oil and various extracts of Salvia tomentosa Miller (Lamiaceae). Food Chemistry 90 (2005)333-340.
Zhang X, Rao MN, Jones SR, Shao B, Feibush P, McGuigan M, Tzodikov N, Feibush, B, Sharkansky I, Snyder B, Mallis LM, Sarkahian A, Wilder S, Turse JE, Kinney WA, Kjærsgaard HJ and Michalak RS (1998). Synthesis of

Quote:

Collecting information and documentation, related to marine oils in general, and Ratfish oil in particular, is a painstaking job - that will continue for a long time. We are working particularly in finding better material in terms of the extended trials involving thousands of people in post-WWII years, (1945-1949) in relation to the oil's excellence, in combating caries. However, we have established that the anti-caries effects of the oil was a "side effect", that they were not aware of, before in the last years of the "experiment", and that from some sources - with its benefits in relation to cardiovascular vessel diseases - were the direct contributing cause of why the Ratfish oil was withdrawn from the market - and then finally disappeared. From som medical science sources there even was allegations, that the Ratfishoil could be toxic - to prevent further development of non-proprietary products. This could be interpreted "between the lines" by some more thorough review of research reports and their conclusions.

Why now, in recent years, it is possible to reconstruct much of the earlier research - is largely thanks to people like Dr. Pete Peterson and Dr. Bjørn Johan Øverbye, that now in these times focuses on some official marine oils excellence. Many who have been directly involved in this early research and that still are alive - now comes forward and tell of their experiences.

Moreover, it is a fact that in our sosial community it is “the big businesses” that manages and advises - and that they are fighting with "all means" to prevent good and affordable natural products to reach out to the market. In particular, "Big Pharma" - the great pharmaceutical industry - with its patented synthetic products - who are the most active in this role of “the game”. And their influence at all levels, and levels of society is indisputably documented. One significant example in recent times, The Swine Influenza vaccine, and WHO (World Health Organization). Here in this case, the future will tell us how they really worked that out.

To further strengthen the documentation of the Ratfish Oils excellent effects, we rely on you - “the children of the earth” – to provide us with it - if you should happen to come across relevant information.

You can do this by contacting us.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14537134 - 05/30/11 08:25 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

whatever that means.

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

#14537201 - 05/30/11 08:44 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I checked out webofknowledge, and some calcification occurs:

Quote:

Computed tomography studies concerning pineal calcification (PG) in schizophrenia have been conducted mainly by one author who correlated this calcification with several aspects of the illness. On the basis of these findings the aim of the present study was to analyze size and incidence of pineal gland calcification by CT in schizophrenics and healthy controls, and to verify the relationship between pineal calcification and age, and the possible correlation with psychopathologic variables. Pineal calcification was measured on CT scans of 87 schizophrenics and 46 controls divided into seven age subgroups of five years each. No significant differences in PC incidence and mean size between patients and controls were observed as far as the entire group was considered. PC size correlated with age both in schizophrenics and controls. We found a higher incidence of PG in schizophrenics in the age subgroup of 21-25 years, and a negative correlation with positive symptoms of schizophrenia in the overall group. These findings could suggest a premature calcific process in schizophrenics and a probable association with 'non-paranoid' aspects of the illness. Nevertheless the potential role of this process possibly related to some aspects of the altered neurodevelopment in schizophrenia is still unclear. (C) 1999 Elsevier, Paris.

Title: Computed tomography study of pineal calcification in schizophrenia
Author(s): Bersani G; Garavini A; Taddei I; et al.
Source: EUROPEAN PSYCHIATRY  Volume: 14  Issue: 3  Pages: 163-166  DOI: 10.1016/S0924-9338(99)80735-4  Published: JUN 1999
Times Cited: 7 (from All Databases)

thus calcification is caused by flouridation;

[PDF]
Occupational Health Guideline for
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Long-term Exposure: Repeated exposure to fluoride containing dust may cause excessive calcification of the bone and calcification of ligaments of the ribs, ...
www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/81-123/pdfs/0563.pdf

Another WOK suggests calcification is related to sleep patterns;

Quote:

We classified the degree of pineal calcification (DOC) into seven groups using cranial Computer Tomography (cCT) and then correlated pineal DOC to chronic subjective sleep-related disturbances as measured by a sleep questionnaire in 36 patients. Analysed by logistic regression models, age and sex were not, but higher pineal DOC was significantly associated with the presence of daytime tiredness (OR = 4.15, 95% CI: 1.63, 10.54) and sleep disturbance (OR = 1.74, 95% CI: 1.10, 2.74). This study provides initial confirmation of the hypothesis that the increasing degree of pineal calcification (DOC) might indicate a decrease of melatonin production, which consecutively might lead to a disturbed circadian rhythmicity in the sleep-wake cycle, with the principal symptom being daytime tiredness. (C) 1998 Elsevier Science Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

On pineal calcification and its relation to subjective sleep perception: a hypothesis-driven pilot study
Author(s): Kunz D; Bes F; Schlattmann P; et al.
Source: PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH-NEUROIMAGING  Volume: 82  Issue: 3  Pages: 187-191  DOI: 10.1016/S0925-4927(98)00013-4  Published: JUN 30 1998
Times Cited: 17 (from All Databases)

This looks interesting!

InvisibleToiletDuk
Mr. Weasel Pants
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #14537229 - 05/30/11 08:49 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Any website that touts near impossible health benefit from a particular substance and then tries to sell you said substance is probably a scam.

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14537235 - 05/30/11 08:50 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The town I live in banned fluoride from water because of health reasons.  I used to have a link to the court documents but lost them.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: ToiletDuk]
    #14537340 - 05/30/11 09:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Any website that touts near impossible health benefit from a particular substance and then tries to sell you said substance is probably a scam.

Are you familiar with all the Norwegian research done on the oil?  Get off your high horse dude, this thread isn't about the website.

Skate liver oil is another interesting one.  Skate's are in the same family as Ratfish.

Quote:

Skates are members of the same family of fish as Ratfish and Sharks. They are bottom feeders and found in all oceans of the world. There is limited fishing of this fish as the market for their meat is limited to just a few cultures.

Skate livers are very large and produce a very deep orange pigmented oil. I knew little of this fish species but was told by an old Russian fisherman that i needed to make this oil. He spoke broken English so the conversation on the subject was short and to the point.

Since the Skate Liver oil introduction I have found many historical writings on the use of Skate liver oil during the 18th and 19th centuries. I am particularly intrigued by the comparison between Dr. Prices notes on the color of oils that he identified as rich in activator X and the skate liver oil's deep rich orange color.

Quote:

QQ is a Newly identified vitamin.. see below. More info on PQQ can be found on the WWW

PQQ has been found in the products we offer. PQQ is very high in the HVBO and even higher in the FCLO. Other unidentified peaks or related molecules are positioned just before or just after the HPLC PQQ peak in the HVBO/ Skate Liver oil and the FCLO.  All Three Products show different peaks of interest . : Lab technicians conducting the test were gushing all over the PQQ analysis including the other peaks on the graph.... below is a quick reference

Vitamin-Like PQQ Offers Antioxidant, Neuroprotective, and Mitochondrial Health Benefits

Posted on November 6, 2010 by Alison
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) may be the first new vitamin to be identified in over five decades. While the compound was first identified in 1979, its presence and function in animals has only started to be understood in the last decade. It’s been found to have antioxidant and neuroprotective properties as well as contributing to mitochondrial health. It is thought to work as as enzyme cofactor somewhat like vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and so someday may be grouped as one of the B vitamins which, like PQQ, are also water-soluble nutrients.

(from PQQ is the first new vitamin in 55 years)

PQQ was discovered in 1979 from a bacterium, and afterward it was reported to be in common foods. Because PQQ-deprived mice showed several abnormalities, such as poor development and breakable skin, PQQ has been considered as a candidate for vitamin. It was a mystery, however, with what enzyme PQQ is connected, preventing PQQ from being recognized as a vitamin. In this study, we discovered a mammalian PQQ-linked enzyme. The enzyme was involved in the degradation of the amino acid lysine, and it required PQQ to function normally. This brand-new vitamin will be also important for humans, and we are hoping for a great contribution in medical fields.

PQQ’s Effects on Mitochondria
Recent research suggests it helps mitochondria function better (somewhat like the antioxidant and coenzyme CoQ10) and to form new mitochrondia. The mitochondria are chemical energy factories in cells. Human cells can have from a few to hundreds per cell. Aging humans suffer from damage to their mitochondria and declining numbers of mitochondria. Mitochondrial damage and depopulation is thought to be a major factor in some diseases, particularly those involving energy-intensive organs like the brain, heart, and liver. PQQ appears to both help mitochondria avoid oxidative damage and to help form new mitochondria.

Research reported in 2006 shows that PQQ-deficient mice suffer a reduction in the number of mitochondria in their liver cells:

When pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) is added to an amino acid-based, but otherwise nutritionally complete basal diet, it improves growth-related variables in young mice. We examined PQQ and mitochondrial function based on observations that PQQ deficiency results in elevated plasma glucose concentrations in young mice, and PQQ addition stimulates mitochondrial complex 1 activity in vitro. PQQ-deficient weanling mice had a 20–30% reduction in the relative amount of mitochondria in liver; lower respiratory control ratios, and lower respiratory quotients than PQQ-supplemented mice (2 mg PQQ/kg diet).

PQQ’s Effects on Brain Function
Research published in 2007 shows that PQQ works together with CoQ10, another nutrient critical for mitochondrial function, to improve learning ability in rats and helped counter the effects of hyperoxia (elevated blood oxygen) that impairs brain function and memory by causing oxidative damage to neurons. Damage to neurons from oxidation is suspected to be involved in neurodegenerative conditions including Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.

PQQ supplementation appears to help form new memories in rats learning mazes.

CoQ10 did not improve the learning function of the rats, so that no synergistic efficacy was observed by the concurrent supplementation of PQQ and CoQ10. At the late stage of the trials, the rats fed a PQQ-, CoQ10- and (PQQ + CoQ10)-supplemented diets showed higher learning rates than the control rats. However, the efficacies of the supplementations showed no significant difference. From these results, PQQ is likely more effective in improving the learning ability of the rats using space cognition than CoQ10 itself.

It also appears that PQQ helps retain memories despite oxidative stress on the rats.

After the rats learned the location of the platform in the pool, the effect of hyperoxia as oxidative stress on memory function was assessed. When the rats were subjected to hyperoxia as oxidative stress for 48 h, they retained their memories within four days after the oxidative stress treatment. However, their memories suddenly declined five days after the oxidative stress treatment, as previously reported [8]. The rats fed either the PQQ- or CoQ10-supplemented diet showed memory retention even after the oxidative stress treatment for 48 h. Furthermore, the rats fed the concurrent diet of PQQ and CoQ10 showed marked the memory retention (Fig. 2).

PQQ In Diet
PQQ in the diet is not yet well understood. Some are characterizing it as similar to B family nutrients like biotin and folic acid in its presence in food. But PQQ easily transforms into other related compounds that may obscure the total amount of PQQ consumed, so some estimates are that the typical human PQQ consumption per day without supplements might be as high as 1 to 2 milligrams. It is believed to be well-absorbed (around 85% absorption) and not toxic in dosages of less than 60mg per day in humans based upon testing that included complete blood chemistry, liver, and kidney function tests. Some mice and rat studies suggest that the toxicity doesn’t become apparent except with daily dosages of beyond 250mg per kg of body mass.

InvisibleToiletDuk
Mr. Weasel Pants
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #14537505 - 05/30/11 09:50 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not on a high horse, just skeptical of these sorts of claims. In the 90's there were claims of fantastic health benefits from drinking concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide. All that will do is kill you liver in actuality. Be that as it may, a good rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

--------------------

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: ToiletDuk]
    #14537554 - 05/30/11 10:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
a good rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

:thumbup:

Lah'Kesh

--------------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #14537637 - 05/30/11 10:15 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Re: RatFish Oil - Chimaera Monstrosa Linnaeus NOW AVAILABLE [Dr Peterson]
For those interested, I've been taking Blue Ice fermented skate liver oil for a couple of months now, and third-eye activity has definitely increased.

In the 90s, I would see many things with eyes closed and as a layer over the 3d. Over the years, the visions went away. Now they're returning, and I'm very grateful.

Many thanks to those who suggested the product!

Is ratfish oil a hallucinogen?

--------------------

Offlineparadise
ANT
Male User Gallery

Loc: CANADA...east coast Flag
Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #14537759 - 05/30/11 10:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NO hahahaha

--------------------

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Ratfish Oil [Re: paradise]
    #14537766 - 05/30/11 10:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

paradise said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NO hahahaha

:crazy2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Chlorella, Choline, Herbal "Incense", Melatonin, Salvia, Spirulina

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being