Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblerulesq
Bad Mogambo
Male

Loc: Суомалиа
Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: THCybin]
    #18283018 - 05/18/13 10:37 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say your headaches got nothing to do with a certain strain.

Could be high dosing, could be blood sugar/lack of sleep, but man, a certain strain causing headaches while others dont? pretty farfetched.

Just my opinion though, never heard anything like this :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoldenArrow
Chasing self up spiral staircase
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: rulesq]
    #18283135 - 05/18/13 10:58 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Most likely dehydration - I get a heller dry mouth myself

Invisiblerulesq
Bad Mogambo
Male

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: GoldenArrow]
    #18283150 - 05/18/13 11:02 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yup forgot about dehydrating. Nothing strain/shroom related other than forgetting to drink water&eat, etc :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: GoldenArrow]
    #18283169 - 05/18/13 11:08 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It can't be dehydration because I stay plenty hydrated when shrooming, I made a thread about this after I noticed it the second time I tripped and a lot of people mentioned dehydration and I made sure the next trip after that I was drinking water a lot and it didn't help.

Also I know it sounds unlikely that one cube will do much different than the next but I'm so desperate to not get a headache after tripping at this point I'm thinking of anything that could help.

Also I do think I was born with low blood sugar, I think it's normal now not for sure, I don't get check ups too often :tongue:. I just recently started getting back physically active and trying to stay in shape and I haven't tripped since then so maybe a lack of exercise could be a factor. I'm not sure at this point, it's really saddening though.

OfflineGoldenArrow
Chasing self up spiral staircase
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #18283205 - 05/18/13 11:21 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Just take slightly more and eat before the trip then, and/or do tea - there's no real need to fast and put yourself in an uncomfortable place before starting the trip

OfflineSillyputty67

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please *DELETED* [Re: GoldenArrow]
    #18283219 - 05/18/13 11:26 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by malicom

Reason for deletion: 1

--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: Sillyputty67]
    #18283949 - 05/18/13 02:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

That's another thing lol I make sure I eat before I trip, the last meal is always at least 3 hours before I trip and I always make tea, actually that's the only way I can get down more than a gram. Also my metabolism is a very fast one, I really don't know what to do as I'm the exact opposite malicom.

I've taken a few other psychedelics recently and I haven't gotten a headache from a single one of them. Mushrooms are the only one's that does this to me, I haven't tried lemon tek yet but I think that's the next thing I'm going to do and just hope that it works.

The most wonderful experience I had was off of an 1/8th which was before I recognized the pattern of the headaches the day after, now that I recognize this I cannot even bring myself to truly enjoy them at a certain dose because I know what's going to happen on the comedown. The only way of consumption I haven't tried yet is lemon tek. All I can say is if the type of cube has nothing to do with it and this lemon tek doesn't work I guess I'm done with shrooms because I just cannot enjoy them anymore knowing what I'll experience after.

Invisiblerulesq
Bad Mogambo
Male

#18284007 - 05/18/13 02:28 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well at least you've done your homework with narrowing it down . maybe your body just doesnt like high doses of psilo's :shrug:

i actually stopped taking shrooms some years ago because of massive bodyload/nausea etc within one hour of consuming. now i feel like i might be able to enjoy them again, still havent tried though.

Hope you'll find your way

--------------------

Edited by rulesq (05/18/13 02:29 PM)

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: rulesq]
    #18284056 - 05/18/13 02:50 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you rulesq and that's crazy because see I don't get nausea especially when preparing tea but the bodyload is there but I can deal with that. I really just don't want to accept the fact that my body doesn't like psilocybin like you said this might just be true. I just can't understand it though, it's so frustrating because out of all the experiences I've had I'd say mushrooms are my favorite I just feel I get the most out of them as far as emotion, insight, even as far as fun and euphoria. Well once again guys thanks for all the responses, I'll keep trying to figure this out.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #18285502 - 05/18/13 09:11 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Also I know it sounds unlikely that one cube will do much different than the next but I'm so desperate to not get a headache after tripping at this point I'm thinking of anything that could help.

Also I do think I was born with low blood sugar, I think it's normal now not for sure, I don't get check ups too often :tongue:. I just recently started getting back physically active and trying to stay in shape and I haven't tripped since then so maybe a lack of exercise could be a factor. I'm not sure at this point, it's really saddening though.

Physical condition makes a huge difference IME.  You can't be too fit for shrooming. :thumbup:

Yeah, and watch your nutrition and blood sugar, fasting is so not needed for these substances - just wait a few hours after eating but no special prep required.

Mmm, it could be nervous tension - high doses can leave me a bit sore for a couple days, sore muscles.  Neck tension can cause headaches for sure. :thumbup:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18286250 - 05/19/13 01:15 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Really not strain related.  Headache and muscle soreness can be expected after ANY intense experience.

Sounds like a pretty minor problem to me.  Try standard advice for headaches.  If you have some unique physiology or standard response then you can take standard measures.  Tylenol has always been most effective for headaches.  Aspirin is also fairly effective. 

If you know what to expect then I suggest just taking 2 tylenol and 2 aspirin at the proper time as a prophylactic.

Some people get headaches after physical activity, staying up late, prolonged stress, or intense experiences.  It's nothing to worry about, and I actually envy them since they can take preemptive measures, unlike people who get headaches randomly.

You should also look at any drugs you are on.  Also consider supplements like 5HT or other neurochemically supportive supplements.

-FF

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: fastfred]
    #18289402 - 05/19/13 08:10 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It may sound minor but it's very major. Put it this way, when I've taken acid I received some soreness and it's lasted for a few weeks. I'd rather deal with a few weeks of leg soreness than to deal with one day of the headaches that I get from a high dose of mushrooms. It really makes me beg for mercy, it really is too intense for me. Imagine having the most beautiful trip only to wake up the next morning with the worst headache of your life.

Also I have tried taking asprin but not that many, I just took one the day after one time and it really didn't help much. Also I do stay up late but on my last trip I tried to make sure I went to bed on time but I still got a headache. As far as drugs only marijuana I'm not on any meds.

Thanks for the advice about the supplements, I may look into them I have considered trying something like that but I wasn't too sure. I guess I'm really thinking they probably won't work either lol

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #18290022 - 05/19/13 10:08 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Your headaches can't be that bad if you're not bothering to take any standard remedies for them.

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: fastfred]
    #18290115 - 05/19/13 10:23 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well all I can say is last time I took an 1/8th I mostly laid in the bed all day waiting for it to pass. Even when I got up simply to get a drink of water or used the bathroom it was painful. Too painful to want to experience again. That's the thing the intensity is dose dependent, at one gram it's really no headache, at two to 2.5 it occurs but manageable to still move around and do things, it's the high doses which I like the most that causes me to almost cringe from it.

So if you've never experienced anything like this or yours have not been that bad then I envy you, but I've experienced my fair share of pain and all I can say is if they weren't really that bad as you think they aren't then I wouldn't have even brought up a discussion about this.

Also I don't bother to take anything for them because I know it will eventually pass and it's only caused by the shrooms, if I got headaches that bad on a regular basis I could see taking something for it but as bad as they are I usually just try to lie down and wait it out, not to mention I'm not necessarily too fond of taking advil or any of those other "pain relievers".

Edited by THCybin (05/19/13 10:31 PM)

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

#18290149 - 05/19/13 10:31 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THCybin said:
Well all I can say is last time I took an 1/8th I mostly laid in the bed all day waiting for it to pass. Even when I got up simply to get a drink of water or used the bathroom it was painful. Too painful to want to experience again. That's the thing the intensity is dose dependent, at one gram it's really no headache, at two to 2.5 it occurs but manageable to still move around and do things, it's the high doses which I like the most that causes me to almost cringe from it.

So if you've never experienced anything like this or yours have not been that bad then I envy, but I've experienced my fair share of pain and all I can say is if they weren't really that bad as you think they aren't then I wouldn't have even brought up a discussion about this.

Also I don't bother to take anything for them because I know it will eventually pass and it's only caused by the shrooms, if I got headaches that bad on a regular basis I could see taking something for it but as bad as they are I usually just try to lie down and wait it out, not to mention I'm not necessarily too fond of taking advil or any of those other "pain relievers".

Umm that seems to be a bit ridiculous.

Change your attitude and your surroundings before you blame the shrooms. Stories like this... :shake:

I've only experience mild nausea prior to the come on of the trip. Once that passes it's just smooth sailing. Until the sandwich bites back... (just a joke)

And this is strain discussion. If RR seen your post he'd probably give his cpu screen the stink eye.

Offlinefungitarian
oliver hart

Loc: the land of ooo
Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: Icesyn]
    #18290164 - 05/19/13 10:33 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

it's all in yo head

--------------------
have a look at my grow.

"genius by day, junkie by night"

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: fungitarian]
    #18290184 - 05/19/13 10:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It originally started out as a question about a strain, about different cubes. All I was doing was replying to the posts that was basically an on going discussion from my original post. Since it seems I'm not only being "ridiculous" I'm also seem to not be staying on topic, I thought I was. Anyways I guess I'm done, I was only looking for help, guess it wouldn't be as ridiculous if you were me and actually experienced it yourself on multiple occasions all different settings noticing the same aftereffects on the same doses every single time.. Thanks anyway.

Edited by THCybin (05/19/13 10:37 PM)

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please [Re: fungitarian]
    #18290197 - 05/19/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fungitarian said:
it's all in yo head

That's what I mean! This girl I know had a seizure on shrooms and she's terrified to try them again. Getting more of the story, I'm sure the strobe lights all night had nothing to do with it... :facepalm:

But yeah strains wooo! Ecuador is still the sexiest IMO

Quote:

THCybin said:
It originally started out as a question about a strain, about different cubes. All I was doing was replying to the posts that was basically an on going discussion from my original post. Since it seems I'm not only being "ridiculous" I'm also seem to not be staying on topic, I thought I was. Anyways I guess I'm done, I was only looking for help, guess it wouldn't be as ridiculous if you were me and actually experienced it yourself on multiple occasions all different settings noticing the same aftereffects on the same doses every single time.. Thanks anyway.

Strain isn't relevant to your bad trip sir. No matter how you twist your point. It's just not. Unless it was PE, but who the hell would feel sick from those? Those are the smoothest!

And you said "the last time I took an eighth" so I assumed this wasn't a reoccurring event.

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

Re: Strain Thread-Strain Discussion Here Only Please *DELETED* [Re: Icesyn]
    #18290215 - 05/19/13 10:43 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by THCybin

Reason for deletion: No reason to discuss this any further.

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

#18290218 - 05/19/13 10:43 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

You really need to reread what you type bud.

But anyways whatever your point is, it's in no way relevant to the OP of this discussion about strains. This is a fact. So please hold further arguing on the topic. Have a lovely night.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder