Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

Smoking Stinging Nettle
    #14482106 - 05/20/11 12:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey so I bought some nettle leaf to make extracts because of allergies and increasing testosterone. But nettles also have caffine like stimulate properties and someone told me some seratonin. So since it is perfects healthy and beneficial to drink nettle tea, eat it and consume extracts is it okay to smoke it?

I think some stimulating effects with mild euphoria would be pleasant. Not to mention it smells delicious. I rolled some up but just want to see if any of you think this is a bad idea. Perhaps there are some chemicals in it that become harmful when smoked?

Thanks in advance, Gentlemen.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEl Douche
El Douchius Maximus

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Drippin Outa Da Vag Flag
Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: d0urd3n]
    #14482241 - 05/20/11 01:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Start slow and find out. I know burning piles of it does not affect a person like poison ivy.

Let me know how it was.

--------------------
I'm The Douche, Doucher, His Royal Doucheness, or El Doucherino if you are not into that whole brevity thing.

Trade List : Wanted/have edible cultures, ethobotanicals, cool plants, cacti.

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: El Douche]
    #14486788 - 05/20/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Has no one tried this? I have read that farmers used to do it but that isn't scientific enough for me ha.

--------------------

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#14487063 - 05/20/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never heard of it being consumed at all. Sorry bro.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: Dawks]
    #14487149 - 05/20/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Spring nettles are eaten, pot herb. Nice flavor.  Not sure what it would do for you though...

No caffeine though...  Think someone is pulling your leg

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: HarryL]
    #14487304 - 05/20/11 10:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It is shamfull to say: i have smoked stinging nettle when i was a lad, Tasted bad and was hard to dry

I might do it again soon, just for a laughs :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineJoshTH
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #14489871 - 05/21/11 02:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never heard of smoking it, you'll be among the few.  I've been eating some fresh weight this year as a vegetable, its great.  I think the best way to intake the neurotransmitters is to sting yourself with the fresh plant.  A few stings in an area has a nice numbing effect for hours, although I'm unsure if the couple times I did this there were any mental effects.  Either way, its easy to grow and even dried it is supposed to be healthy.

Offlinemonkeybus
Hare Krishna
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: JoshTH]
    #14490557 - 05/21/11 05:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the link

From my newspaper last week.  Made me want to go out and find some nettles.

Nettle beer

I use nettles a lot. I have made nettle pasta, nettle pakoras and, best of all, nettle soup. But it will also make a good beer. Nettle hunting can be a painful experience unless you go equipped. Thick clothing, rubber gloves and good footwear are essential, but the blasted things will always get you somewhere. Last week, despite extensive precautions, one managed to go straight up my trouser-leg. I am thinking of buying some bee-keeper's clothing for next time.

It's getting towards the end of the main nettle season but a shady area should still provide a good supply of young nettles tops (those that have not shown their dangling flower spikes) and a cut-down nettle patch will provide a second crop later in the year. The older leaves are rather bitter so just collect the half-dozen or so at the top.

This simple brew is easy to make but rather treacherous. The flavour is pleasant, if unsophisticated, and a pint of the stuff has the same effect on one's equilibrium as downing a pint of champagne would have.

Ingredients

A couple of the ingredients are worthy of note: "Copper finings" are not a scary as they sound. The name is a reference to a brewing vessel, not what they contain. The seaweed "caragheen", also known as "Irish moss", is the most commonly used – its purpose is to prevent the "haze" of protein that will otherwise spoil the beer's appearance.

1kg nettle tops (approximately one carrier bag stuffed to bursting)
5 litres water
450g sugar
Juice of two lemons
50g cream of tartar
Copper finings (Irish moss) Not absolutely essential. If used, follow the instructions on the packet
A sachet of beer yeast
Nettle beer Transferring nettle beer into a bucket. Photograph: John Wright

Boil the nettles with the finings for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain through a colander or sieve into a sterilised (rinse with Campden tablet solution then boiled water) food-grade plastic bucket.

Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Leave to cool to room temperature. Add the lemon juice and the yeast. You will probably need to "activate" the yeast first – it will tell you on the sachet. Cover and leave for three days.

Siphon into sterilised swing-top bottles making sure not to disturb the sediment that will have accumulated at the bottom of the bucket. The beer will continue to ferment, gradually building up a head of steam, and is ready to drink in a week, though longer will be better.

Gently release the pressure on one of the bottles every now and then to check that the "steam" isn't building up too much. Despite the finings this beer can sometimes be a little cloudy - remember that this is a homebrew, so it is simply considered as character. And do not concern yourself about a little sediment at the bottom of the bottle – just pour carefully!

OfflineEl Douche
El Douchius Maximus

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Drippin Outa Da Vag Flag
Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: monkeybus]
    #14490562 - 05/21/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nettle was used to make beer before hops became commonly used.

--------------------
I'm The Douche, Doucher, His Royal Doucheness, or El Doucherino if you are not into that whole brevity thing.

Trade List : Wanted/have edible cultures, ethobotanicals, cool plants, cacti.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#14490856 - 05/21/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

haha, it;s funny you mention smoking nettle.

I recently learned that nettles are related to cannabis, and there is one type of nettle in particular that looks a lot like weed.

Hemp-Nettle (Galeopsis tetrahit)

I read that this plant was originally classified as a cannabis species but was later revised. 

Some people hide their outdoor grows among dog nettles or other plants that look like cannabis.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#14490865 - 05/21/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

El Douche said:
Nettle was used to make beer before hops became commonly used.

Did they still use barley? or just nettles? I might have to try a batch.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: Shins]
    #14491065 - 05/21/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to collect a heap of nettle today, i dont know what type it is though....

Hopefully hemp nettle  :yesnod:

What can i do with it? i dont want to smoke it :shrug: been there , not nice. maybe a nice tea?

--------------------

OfflineSkunkyMunky
Stranger

#25493288 - 09/27/18 02:43 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

***AWAKENING***

oKAy yeAH so SmOking nETTle bUd rN AND i Am wIPEd.
I HavENT sMOKEd the LeAves B4, jusT thE bUD.

Try ANd finD THE pURPle onEs they arE MOsT LInked With The sun IMO.
NiCE hEALTHY fAT ONES.

tHE bEst tobaccO Alterntive I have found, QUITE HARSH sMOKE wHICH IS GOOD fRO REPLACEMENT, TASTeS nicE. lOVELy aCtually.

eFFECTS, DREAmlike sTONE....sMILEY :smile: sTillNess like WEED, Super doopER Stuff.
As I sAID pICK THE hEALTHiest nettS.

b4 i Spotted THE pURPLe budS on a NatuRE hIKE aLL I DID WAS eAT THEM in a SOUP i CALLED aCApolco Gold lol (NetTLE TEA) bUT nOW i MAKE many dISHES Wit The LeaVES and Only Smoke The buD. mY pal Brought Me Round sOME random Ones and thEY WEre NOT PURPLE AND they Smoke good TOO ThEY are WoT i AM SmokinG Rn.

Ummmm Not Much More to Say aside From Eskeddit!!!!!

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: SkunkyMunky]
    #25493320 - 09/27/18 02:58 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SkunkyMunky said:
***AWAKENING***

oKAy yeAH so SmOking nETTle bUd rN AND i Am wIPEd.
I HavENT sMOKEd the LeAves B4, jusT thE bUD.

Try ANd finD THE pURPle onEs they arE MOsT LInked With The sun IMO.
NiCE hEALTHY fAT ONES.

tHE bEst tobaccO Alterntive I have found, QUITE HARSH sMOKE wHICH IS GOOD fRO REPLACEMENT, TASTeS nicE. lOVELy aCtually.

eFFECTS, DREAmlike sTONE....sMILEY :smile: sTillNess like WEED, Super doopER Stuff.
As I sAID pICK THE hEALTHiest nettS.

b4 i Spotted THE pURPLe budS on a NatuRE hIKE aLL I DID WAS eAT THEM in a SOUP i CALLED aCApolco Gold lol (NetTLE TEA) bUT nOW i MAKE many dISHES Wit The LeaVES and Only Smoke The buD. mY pal Brought Me Round sOME random Ones and thEY WEre NOT PURPLE AND they Smoke good TOO ThEY are WoT i AM SmokinG Rn.

Ummmm Not Much More to Say aside From Eskeddit!!!!!

10 out of 10.

Anyway, I was taking nettle root extract for a couple weeks, ended up with a six pack. All I did was take the extract, it decreased my appetite for junk food and I ate healthy stuff and did crunches every day.. It burns fat pretty efficiently and boosts testosterone. That's the roots. The downside was emotional retardation plus erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.

That's why the ones geared towards body building have estrogen suppressor compounds and not just the root extract by itself. If you boost your testosterone, your body will compensate by upping the estrogen to balance it out. That's what happened to bob in fight club.

On a side note, I realized with that emotional retarded emo feeling I got from it, like bob crying a lot in fight club, I noticed my emotions and breathing were a reflection of the wind. That's when I realized emotions/brainwaves were linked to the weather and the ionosphere. My signature has links on scientific research supporting this.

OfflineSkunkyMunky
Stranger

Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: Necropolis]
    #25493396 - 09/27/18 03:27 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

AweSome mAn, cOngrATs on THe 6 pAck Im only Now Hearing this Wonderful newS THat iTs A bodyBuilding SuppLement. yOurE NoT aLONE in HOw It AffecTED yOUR t-Levels then...Ive lOOked into some Of thE nEUROTRansmitters present In tHE NETTLe plant NamELY ''HISTAMINES'' AND ''aCETYLCHOLINe'' Both Deep CenTRAL nERVoUS sYSTEM cOMPOunds Which seem to LINK dIRECTLY to The OUTER Body Such as muscle Firing And ItCHINg So I can See How TherE Would be Some mERit for Use  As A bODYbUIDLING sTIMulant! Plus The StillNess Attained From It Would be BeneficiiAL FOR rEST AND ThereFOre MuscuLar Growth. Aha I Like THE cOMPArison with Bob it seems This little Plant is so UndERvALUED IN mODeRN sOCIETY FOR hOW pOTENT ITS affECTs are. Cool m8 i uNDERstand WoT U mEAN..tHE wIND iS PowerFULL ForcE. dO YoU mEan TO tELL ME THAt your AwakenING wITH THE wEATHER CorrelATED With InJESTION OF THIs plant???

i HOPE yOU Are hAVing A sUNNY time :smile:

OfflineSkunkyMunky
Stranger

#25495560 - 09/28/18 11:39 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

The nettle teA/sOUP ACTually heals The nEttle Stings yoU gEt wHEN PiCKING them. ActiVe in Around 5 mINUtES. cRaZy. Definite Healing properties bEing felt THrough the Bsse oF spine/Relaxation round Hips. Tastes so profoUND.

OfflineSkunkyMunky
Stranger

#25495696 - 09/28/18 12:53 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Nettle Tea/Soup - Its like a medievil TRip lol. Its like a ''ye old English'' FEELING TO THE PLANt. Iver just finished a big Pot Of The Stuff, feelS like Its reallY healthy. fEELs like I makes you Strong. fEELs LIKE iT WIll Help My SySTEM A LOT. gOING tO uSE IT  aLOT mORE.

Back in the day them DwaAnkiesssss, diiidnt wana believe in usss, lidl did they knowww that they was iiin for a motherfking BIIIG surprise.

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

#25496087 - 09/28/18 03:21 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Supposedly stinging nettle also potentiates cannabis when grown with it. I think the roots probably have to intermingle. Never really got around to trying it. Nettle isn't easy to transplant. It kind of does what it wants and growing it from seed isn't the easiest. For a weed it is kind of picky.

OfflineSkunkyMunky
Stranger

Re: Smoking Stinging Nettle [Re: Necropolis]
    #25496219 - 09/28/18 04:13 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I read that also recently, such fun facts regarding plants ) i wonder if its like having a party its better with friends :laugh: you could gie it a go, the seeds aren't hard to procure and are ery plentiful on the plant, scattering them round wouldn't do no harm

Edited by SkunkyMunky (09/28/18 04:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck