Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
Re: Thank You All My Friends [Re: kashmir420] * 1
    #14397886 - 05/04/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

are the caps open? if they are it sounds like spores.

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #14398676 - 05/04/11 07:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kashmir420 said:
Question to anyone who knows, my mushrooms just started growing in my terrarium. They let off a black dust like substance on to the sides of the terrarium, wondering if that's normal or if I need to toss them.

If you'r talking about cubensis mushrooms, spores is all and it's normal.  They'r ok to eat  Harvest your cubensis mushrooms right before the veil breaks to avoid spores being projectiled all over the fruiting chamber walls, substrate, and mushrooms, as well as, for peak potency.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
Re: Thank You All My Friends [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #14399234 - 05/04/11 10:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If they did it after the veil broke then you let them grow too long and they released their spores. They are still ok to eat but you should pick them before the cap completely flattens out unless you want to make prints or you just want bigger shrooms. Smaller shrooms are more potent by weight, I would pick them just as the cap started to open, but that is just how I like them, nice and potent instead of big and having to eat more for the same effect.:goodluck::tripping2:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Offlinenootch
Seasoned 4 bin grower.
Male
Loc: ON
Re: Thank You All My Friends [Re: 3n1gm4] * 1
    #14425034 - 05/09/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I followed RR grain to grain and everything is going well no contam at my first try ! but need a question answered, In his vidz he stated to shake the jars right after transferring and I did, but then one is suppose to shake after 20%coliz,  do I shake again at the normal 20%coliz ?
thanks in advance.....peace out !

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thank You All My Friends [Re: nootch] * 1
    #14425223 - 05/09/11 03:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Some do, some don't. Personally, I don't. The myc has already been beaten up enough.

Figure you do the standard 20% then shake, then shake before G2G, then shake after. That's 3 shakes that the myc have to re-coop from. I just leave mine. I know others shake @ 20%...

It's up to you.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Offlinekashmir420
Stranger
Re: Thank You All My Friends [Re: TranscendingLife] * 1
    #14437675 - 05/11/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so this is my first grow ever and I've run into a problem. When I took one of my cakes out of the jar (using pf tek btw) there was a layer of white fuzz on the top instead of the dry verm that should have been there. I took it out, washed and soaked it anyway and put it in my terrarium. Now (4 days later) no mushrooms have grown from the cake, just a thick layer of white surrounding the entire cake. I don't know what this is, should I toss it or is this normal?

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #14437953 - 05/11/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It is likely just mycelium.  Can you post a photo?

Keep an eye on it.  If it turns green then toss it.

Good luck,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14438031 - 05/12/11 12:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You should post a pic or look at it with a magnyfing glass and see if it looks like a sandy layer on top of the rhizo myc, if it does it will probably turn green. I have seen it in person, fast growing outer layer is trich before it turns green, fills your room and covers you and everything with contam spores and makes you clean everything from floor to ceiling or risk a contam in every grow. If it starts to turn green soak it with lysol after you take all the other cakes out, turn a plastic bag inside out and grab it with your hand inside the inside out bag and turn the bag over it and tie it tight before you take it outside and dispose of it, and then go clean the whole area with vinegar spray bottle with peroxide spray sprayed on the vinegar before wiping the area down and replacing perlite.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Edited by 3n1gm4 (05/12/11 12:04 AM)

Invisiblebabz89
engrossed:mycophile
Female User Gallery

Loc: PNW! Flag
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: CH HELL] * 1
    #14445669 - 05/13/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I get that it's not surgery and I get the use of gloves but lets say someone cant get a hold of some (89 cent) laytex gloves ect it's just a tek to get them paws super clean and its more of a recomendation than a necessity

--------------------
"When the war of love overcomes the love of war, the world will truely be a better places. One love"Bob Marley

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: babz89] * 1
    #14445715 - 05/13/11 02:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

babz89 said:
I get that it's not surgery and I get the use of gloves but lets say someone cant get a hold of some (89 cent) laytex gloves ect it's just a tek to get them paws super clean and its more of a recomendation than a necessity

There's no way to get your hands clean enough. We shed billions of skin cells on a daily basis that harbor contams. I do nothing myco related w/out gloves on, except move sealed jars.

U can use dish gloves too, they work great & will last several months if not years. I'm sure you have some of those sitting around the house.

Also, you can reuse the cheap gloves they have @ wally world until they tear as well.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: TranscendingLife] * 1
    #14447172 - 05/13/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: TranscendingLife] * 1
    #14448483 - 05/13/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
Quote:

babz89 said:

There's no way to get your hands clean enough. We shed billions of skin cells on a daily basis that harbor contams. I do nothing myco related w/out gloves on, except move sealed jars.

U can use dish gloves too, they work great & will last several months if not years. I'm sure you have some of those sitting around the house.

Also, you can reuse the cheap gloves they have @ wally world until they tear as well.

:whathesaid:

Even surgeons put sterile gloves on prior to surgery after scrubbing in,  we just use rubbing alcohol on our hands several times during procedures.  There isn't much difference except everything a surgeon touches is sterile and if they touched something non-sterile they would put new gloves on.
CH

Offlineexactly99
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: CH HELL] * 1
    #14449965 - 05/14/11 07:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

first post, before i ask my question would just like to thank you guys for the help i've got (even though i haven't posted).

i've done a couple of pf tek runs and got the hang of it and want to move to something a little bigger. i've got two 1kg rye grain bags being colonised currently and i'd like to have a go at putting them into a monotub. as i understand the moisture content isn't good enough to fruit alone with rye, so it has to be spawned.

i don't want to bring in pasteurisation right now for my first monotub and i'm worried about contams, so i'm thinking of just mixing the rye in with an equal amount of field capacity verm. this seems like a dated 'tek' (rez effect?) but i'd make things easier. i've had a search and can't find any examples of this being done successfully, im pretty sure it should work.

im sure this is very obvious, but will this work in a monotub or is the verm alone unsuitable for this?

thanks

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: exactly99] * 1
    #14451201 - 05/14/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you're just casing grain then. I would recommend Damion5050's Coir tek. It's what I use & it works great. It's not true pasteurization & all the ingredients you have but the coir, which you can get @ your local pet store.

Just cased grains do not perform nearly as well as spawned grains.

--------------------

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
    #14452758 - 05/14/11 06:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14455337 - 05/15/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
you're just casing grain then. I would recommend Damion5050's Coir tek. It's what I use & it works great. It's not true pasteurization & all the ingredients you have but the coir, which you can get @ your local pet store.

Just cased grains do not perform nearly as well as spawned grains.

:whathesaid: It is definitely the easiest since you don't have to pasteurize it completely, I have had 3 successful monos with D's elementary coir tek and they were my first 3 tries.

--------------------

Offlinexarmynick
Stranger
Male
Loc: chicago, il
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: 3n1gm4] * 1
    #14471552 - 05/18/11 02:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have a question about water. is it actually better to use a mineral water, or distiled water vs boiled tap water. i will be growing for the first time soon. I live in the Chicago area if there water treatment makes any diff.

--------------------
I don't give a shit, so why should you?

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: xarmynick] * 1
    #14471601 - 05/18/11 03:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Regular tap water is fine for everything except bulk substrates and LC water, no need to boil, you will be steam sterilizing that water for 90 minutes at least. You can use mineral water but it is not necessary. Distilled is a must for LCs and bulk subs. JMHO

--------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: 3n1gm4] * 1
    #14471636 - 05/18/11 03:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I use tap for everything.

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Base Icks] * 1
    #14472174 - 05/18/11 08:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Base Icks said:
I use tap for everything.

Hi Base!

I do the same.  My only variations have been where I saved
soak water to use (chips and straw).

Take care,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates