Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemush313
Male

Loc: Australia
P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks?
    #14407649 - 05/05/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have been reading up many different teks on growing P. Subaeruginosa, and since i live in Perth and these are the most(and possibly the only) readily available shrooms, i have decided to grow them as soon as i can collect some spores.   

I found a procedure here that in my opinion will have the most chance of success, but im not sure hence why im posting this. although this procedure is for outdoors, i will make a few adjustments to hopefully grow them indoors.

My questions are; firstly i have read that woodlovers such as P. subs need certain  bacteria to fruit, and so a sterile environment is not desirable. So i thought i would skip the sterilization for the woodchips, but my concern is contams? will this be a problem? And will this be enough to ensure the needed bacteria is present? 

Also i am unsure as what tek i should use when it comes to a casing layer. I have heard of a few people having success when using cardboard along with vermiculite, and others just using more woodchips. which would be better for a indoor grow?

Sorry for the essay of a question, but i want be absolutely sure of what i'm going to do before i start :smile:
Any help will be much appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSexycybe
bio-nut

Re: P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks? [Re: mush313]
    #14413618 - 05/07/11 02:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

from what Ive read: get some rye, inoculate it, once its colonized break it up and mix it with a small amount of sterilized woodchips (triple or so the amount of rye is what i did), once colonized mix it through a big bag of soaked woodchips (drained of course)and then place in the garden bed, some people put cardboard on top others put a bit of soil with some grass seeds (apparently they help)
hope this helped... :thumbup:

--------------------
Successful indoor psilocybe subaeruginosa grow

Nothing written above is real; it is merely a fabricated story of nonsense. Nothing said is to be believed in any way or taken seriously in the slightest.

Offlinemush313
Male

Re: P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks? [Re: Sexycybe]
    #14414581 - 05/07/11 10:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the tip, i also heard that grass roots are helpfull

Offlinemush313
Male

#14439331 - 05/12/11 09:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have one question regarding your method. Once the rye is colonized, do you add the sterelized woodchips to the jar of rye, or make a up a new jar/container? And does it need to be sealed and placed in the dark?

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#14439351 - 05/12/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

if you have never grown mushrooms before i dont think you're going to make a successful outdoor woodlovers patch the first time you try.

Quote:

mush313 said:
I have one question regarding your method. Once the rye is colonized, do you add the sterelized woodchips to the jar of rye, or make a up a new jar/container? And does it need to be sealed and placed in the dark?

especially when asking questions like these.

he posted the same thing the link you posted said.

you start spawn (rye)

you spawn that spawn to wood (woodchips)

then you spawn all of your wood spawn to an outdoor bed with more woodchips.

if you dont have spawnbags i dont know where you are going to be spawning your rye to woodchips in.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineSexycybe
bio-nut

Re: P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks? [Re: k00laid]
    #14440750 - 05/12/11 03:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

you start spawn (rye)

if you dont have spawnbags i dont know where you are going to be spawning your rye to woodchips in.

this is spot on but you dont need a spawn bag to mix the rye and woodchips, a plastic container works fine (i have even seen a supermarket plastic bag work) :tongue:

--------------------

Nothing written above is real; it is merely a fabricated story of nonsense. Nothing said is to be believed in any way or taken seriously in the slightest.

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#14441690 - 05/12/11 07:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sexycybe said:
Quote:

you start spawn (rye)

this is spot on but you dont need a spawn bag to mix the rye and woodchips, a plastic container works fine (i have even seen a supermarket plastic bag work) :tongue:

how do you plan to sterilize your woodchips in a grocery bag.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineSexycybe
bio-nut

Re: P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks? [Re: k00laid]
    #14443476 - 05/13/11 01:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

no i meant spawn the mycelium onto the wood in a grocery bag, u just chuck the wood in with the water in the PC, strain it afterwards and combine the colonized rye and wood. There doesn't really need to be total sterility

--------------------

Offlinespiz
Stranger

Loc: Australia Flag
    #14466528 - 05/17/11 06:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

keep us posted on how your mushies go i would also like to know the answer to your question

Offlinemush313
Male

Re: P. Subaeruginosa indoor grow. Teks? [Re: spiz]
    #14470747 - 05/17/11 11:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

no worries, i shall

Offlinespiz
Stranger

Loc: Australia Flag
    #14497531 - 05/23/11 03:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

how long does it take to grow like 3-4 weeks?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder