Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!!
    #14407900 - 05/05/11 10:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Studies Showing Fluoride Lowers Intelligence
That article goes on to document research by Phyllis Mullenix, PhD, who had established the Department of Toxicology at the Forsyth Dental Research Institute. She was also involved with a research program at Harvard’s Department of Neuropathology and Psychiatry. That research documented significant neurotoxic effects of fluoride.

Dr. Mullenix described going to a conference of the National Institute of Dental Research, a division of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), to present her findings and realizing, on walking in, that she was in hostile territory. The entry areas were filled with propaganda declaring “The Miracle of Fluoride”. Of her experience at that conference, she stated:

The fluoride pattern of behavioral problems matches up with the same results of administering radiation and chemotherapy [to cancer patients]. All of these really nasty treatments that are used clinically in cancer therapy are well known to cause I.Q. deficits in children. That’s one of the best studied effects they know of. The behavioral pattern that results from the use of fluoride matches that produced by cancer treatment that causes a reduction in intelligence.

On meeting with dental industry representatives afterwards, she was asked if she’d been saying that fluoride lowers children’s IQ. She says, “And I told them, ‘basically, yes.’”

That was the end of her career. She was fired from Forsyth Dental Center and has gotten no related grants since then. Shortly after her firing, Forsyth received a quarter million dollar grant from Colgate, the toothpaste manufacturer. She has since stated:

I got into science because it was fun, and I would like to go back and do further studies, but I no longer have any faith in the integrity of the system. I find research is utterly controlled.

EPA scientists also noted a Chinese study documenting that children between ages 8 and 13 consistently score 5-10 IQ points lower than children subjected to less fluoride.

Fluoride and Cancer
Dr. William Marcus, the chief toxicologist of the EPA’s Office of Drinking Water, was fired for his refusal to be silent about his work on fluoride.

Dr. Marcus was particularly concerned about several studies showing that fluoride causes osteosarcoma (bone cancer), particularly in young men. A 2-year study was conducted by the National Toxicology Program. It documented bone cancer and cancer in other tissues in rats. This coincided with other studies documenting fluoride’s ability to cause cellular mutations, which are associated with cancer, and osteosarcomas in young men in New Jersey.

Dr. Marcus called for an unbiased evaluation of these studies. He was vindicated, though it didn’t result in full restitution of his losses, when he won his lawsuit against the EPA, which found that he was clearly dismissed for his anti-fluoride advocacy.

Brain and Kidney Damaging Effects of Fluoride
The EPA scientists then noted a study by JA Varner, KF Jensen, W Horvath, and RL Isaacson that demonstrated as little as 1 ppm (part per million) of fluoride in water causes damage to the brains and kidneys of rats. The scientists referred to this as:

…especially disturbing because of the low dose level of fluoride that shows the toxic effect in rats – rats are more resistant to fluoride than humans.

Most significantly, the EPA considers such doses to be benign.

Pineal Gland and Early Maturation
The scientists reported on a study documenting that fluoride collects in the pineal gland, resulting in early sexual maturation in children. A comparison of girls in two different towns, one with flouridated water and one without, showed that those drinking the treated water matured an average of six months earlier.

Bone Pathology Caused by Fluoride
EPA scientists expressed concerns about crippling skeletal fluorosis. It was ethical deficiencies in the standards-setting process that resulted in them filing the amicus curiae brief discussed above.

Many of the symptoms from dioxin poisoning are indistinguishable from fluoride poisoning, an unsurprising fact, since dioxins usually contain fluoride. It’s probaby the primary reason for dioxin’s devastating effects.

Lack of Efficacy in Preventing Dental Decay
Finally, the scientists pointed to the lack of double-blind studies in support of prevention of caries. They pointed out that a study done by dentists of the National Institute of Dental Research, involving more than 39,000 children aged 5-17, documented no significant differences in tooth health among fluoridated, partially fluoridated, and nonfluoridated communities. The study considered decayed, missing, and filled teeth.

They also reported a 50-year study comparing two New York communities, Newburgh and Kingston. It documented no benefit from fluoridation, but showed double the amount of fluorosis in the teeth of children drinking fluoridated water, the first sign of fluoride toxicity.

They cited a publication by John Colquhoun, Principal Dental Officer for Auckland, New Zealand, titled “Why I changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation”. The article stated that:

Colquhoun provides details on how data were manipulated to support fluoridation in English speaking countries, especially the U.S. and New Zealand. This paper explains why an ethical public health professional was compelled to do a 180 degree turn on fluoridation.

EPA Scientists’ Conclusion

The EPA scientists’ report stated:

For governmental and other organizations to continue to push for more exposure in the face of current levels of over-exposure coupled with an increasing crescendo of adverse toxicity findings is irrational and irresponsible at best.

They used the EPA’s own risk control methodology, called the Reference Dose, to determine what an acceptable fluoride dose is. By that method, they determined that the Reference Dose for fluoride is 0.000007 mg/kg of body weight/day.

In Washington DC, they determined that people drinking only one quart from the public water supply each day ingest 0.01 mg/kg a day. That is more than 1,428 times the safe dose of fluoride!

The EPA scientists concluded:

The implication for the general public of these calculations is clear. Recent, peer-reviewed toxicity data, when applied to EPA’s standard method for controlling risks from toxic chemicals, require an immediate halt to the use of the nation’s drinking water reservoirs as disposal sites for the toxic waste of the phosphate fertilizer industry.

The EPA’s Current Policy

In spite of its own scientists risking their careers to come forward about the dangers inherent in fluoridation, the EPA’s official policy is that it has no policy. The EPA states:

EPA neither endorses nor opposes the addition of fluoride to drinking water. The decision to add fluoride is made on a local basis.

They have set a standard of no more than 4.0 mg/liter of water as a maximum allowed. In minor deference to children, who are at far greater risk, they set a secondary standard of 2.0 mg/liter. They don’t regulate against it; rather, they merely require that communities with fluoridation at that level must be informed.

This is nothing less than a declaration of war on the people, especially those without the funding to protect themselves by drinking bottled water (which carries its own environmental issues) or purifying tap water. It also means that farm animals are at risk for fluoridation.

The Environmental Protection Agency is charged with protecting the environment and protecting people’s health from environmental contamination. Clearly, the EPA doesn’t take this seriously. Its own scientists, the ones charged with studying issues of environmental health, are ignored and forced to silence on fluoride, a substance that’s been shown to provide none of claimed benefit for teeth and a host of devastating health effects. Children are losing their full potential in intelligence and health.

http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/01/08/epa-scientists-oppose-fluoridation/

Why do you think the nazis gave the Jews fluoride in concentration camps? To have cleaner teeth???

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenvalley
PRS
Male User Gallery

Loc: Why not?
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: LightShedder]
    #14407949 - 05/05/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I dont want flouride in my water

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: Greenvalley]
    #14407973 - 05/05/11 11:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Nice! I live in Denver. Regardless, I'll always drink distilled but that's really great to see.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: LightShedder] * 1
    #14408526 - 05/06/11 02:36 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
In Washington DC, they determined that people drinking only one quart from the public water supply each day ingest 0.01 mg/kg a day. That is more than 1,428 times the safe dose of fluoride!

And yet, the level at which symptoms of fluoride poisoning may occur is about 3-5mg/kg (see here), which is 300 - 500 times the level cited above. So apparently, the 'safe level', or the EPA's reference dose, is about 400,000 times lower than the lowest level at which toxic effects have been observed. A quick search of the EPA website has not been able to reproduce this apparent safe dose of 0.000007 mg/kg/day. What I did find was a clear statement by EPA dated December 2010 citing a reference dose (RfD) of 0.08mg/kg/day (source, page ii), which is 'only' 1000 times higher than the RfD mentioned in the OP. Incidentally, the 0.01mg/kg/day ingestion linked to Washington DC which I quoted above from the OP is 8 times lower than the EPA RfD from Dec. 2010, so it's well within the safe limits of the EPA, and the EPA's RfD is still some 40 times below the lowest established toxicity level.

So does fluoride in the water supply worry me? Not really, no.

Quote:

Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!!

The only myth I believe in is the one conspiracy theorists use to frighten people, taking the focus of the general public away from behavioral factors that influence human health a lot more than fluoride in the water supply.

Oh, and a good review article summarizing the findings of studies since the 1940s can be found here:
"Acute and Chronic Fluoride Toxicity", G.M. Whitford, JDR May 1992 vol. 71 no. 5 1249-1254

Proper information is out there, if you're willing to take the time to find it. This post reflects 30 minutes of desk research. Imagine what you can achieve what you put, say, a day into this, instead of browsing youtube for 20 seconds and just believing anything they want you to believe.

Edited by koraks (05/06/11 02:39 AM)

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: koraks]
    #14408571 - 05/06/11 03:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: LightShedder] * 5
    #14408581 - 05/06/11 03:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The earth is flat: http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm
LSD is one of the 5 most dangerous drugs: http://healthmad.com/addiction/five-most-dangerous-drugs/

Believe whatever you want to believe.

InvisibleDieCommie

#14409366 - 05/06/11 10:06 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My city doesnt put fluoride in our water, so I have to add it myself after getting it out of the tap.  PITA

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

#14410207 - 05/06/11 01:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
The earth is flat: http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm
LSD is one of the 5 most dangerous drugs: http://healthmad.com/addiction/five-most-dangerous-drugs/

Wow. This clearly disproved my claim. Right. Thanks for enlightening me.

Hah.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #14410818 - 05/06/11 03:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ebay Shop for Toothpaste:smirk:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: blissedout]
    #14410908 - 05/06/11 03:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lol I noticed that.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #14413292 - 05/07/11 12:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Quote:

koraks said:

Wow. This clearly disproved my claim. Right. Thanks for enlightening me.

Hah.

Makes as much sense as your posting.  Pasting links does nothing.  Without knowing what your assertion is particularly, it is impossible to know what to look for.

Since this is the Science Forum, lets try and talk some science, shall we?  (links full of conclusions that fail to provide evidence of their veracity, especially controversial matters, aren't too helpful )

First, what is your thesis here?  You post an article, but you don't clearly say what it is proffered to support.  The article doesn't seem to justify any particular health concern about water fluoridation at recomended levels (ADA), so I'm somewhat unclearwhat this is about.

If you have some science in support of your claim or want to talk theory, lets see the goods : )

btw: I noticed one of the lilnks includes the ever-popular "fluoride is industrial waste!" claim.  Water is industrial waste also- should we stop hydrating municipal water supplies?  The only claim as silly/pointless on this topic as that is the "fluorine is in some pesticides" and "fluoride is toxic!- see: look at this MSDS!/picture/label)

OfflineMarcuss
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18440879 - 06/19/13 04:10 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: Marcuss]
    #18440919 - 06/19/13 04:45 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Better post that in the Conspiracy forum Marcuss.

InvisibleLungCheeseFungus
Stranger Everyday
Male

#18518488 - 07/05/13 11:07 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, I would have thought that the majority of people here have had their eyes opened about fluoride. There has been at least one documentary made on this topic. I have heard that the "fluoride" that many water districts pay millions of dollars annually to use is packed with many things that are even worse than the fluoride itself, including radioactive isotopes. And that many operators of the water plants know the truth of the deal and don't poison the water with it, though they may still be required to purchase it. IIRC, Sacramento voted the crap out of the water. Many places have. Check out the dental health of different countries, and the correlation of it to their diet (and lack of fluoridation, modern diets, and even oral hygiene).

Ooh yea, I always heard you weren't supposed to regularly drink distilled H2O.

http://www.infowars.com/texas-gov-knowingly-covered-up-radioactive-drinking-water/

--------------------
If you have not found something worth dieing for, you have found nothing worth living for.

The most effective barrier to knowledge, is the illusion of it.

Is there any long time member here that used to have the handle "Mr. Cool" elsewhere? PM me.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: LungCheeseFungus]
    #18518934 - 07/06/13 02:11 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LungCheeseFungus said:
There has been at least one documentary made on this topic.

Oh wow - we all know that documentaries spell the absolute truth!

Quote:

And there went your last grain of credibility.

InvisibleLungCheeseFungus
Stranger Everyday
Male

#18603120 - 07/24/13 02:09 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

LungCheeseFungus said:
There has been at least one documentary made on this topic.

Oh wow - we all know that documentaries spell the absolute truth!

Quote:

And there went your last grain of credibility.

Ok, so lets flip the poles. We all know a documentary on any given topic can't possibly contain any truth. Simply impossible. A waist of time, at best. Maybe the ADA changed their long standing view on fluoride for no reason? Maybe the hundreds of articles and studies done on it proving it has harmful properties were incorrect? Or more probably, you've had your fair share.

My last grain huh? Awww, now no one believes me, I've lost it all. Wait, I'm a new member on an Internet forum. How many grains did you so generously start me off with? I don't rely on your understanding, or if you think you want to believe me or not. Thankfully. If you want to drink fluoride compounds in your distilled water, go ahead.

Sooo, you're implying that I never actually heard that distilled water is unhealthy for regular consumption? Or what? Maybe I didn't, and due to my lack of fluoride, I went crazy and thought I heard voices tell me that.

Bottoms up!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: LungCheeseFungus]
    #18603860 - 07/24/13 09:09 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LungCheeseFungus said:
Ok, so lets flip the poles. We all know a documentary on any given topic can't possibly contain any truth. Simply impossible.

Oh, turns out I was wrong. You found something even more stupid to say. Congratulations!

Quote:

Sooo, you're implying that I never actually heard that distilled water is unhealthy for regular consumption?

No, I think it's entirely possible that you heard something along these lines and just assumed what you thought it was supposed to mean regardless of the source, context and actual significance of what was said and thereby ended up with some really silly views. Or, simply put: I think you're not very apt at interpreting information and seeing the big picture. But that might be due to the fluoride in your water; I don't have this problem since there's none in mine.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: johnm214]
    #18607981 - 07/25/13 02:39 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleOldHam
 User Gallery

Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: Shroomism]
    #18624182 - 07/28/13 02:11 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Clearly, you have won the link war.

--------------------
The Shallows, Chapter 7, Nicholas Carr

Invisiblemanomanom
ACOMODITY

Loc: BABILON
Re: Don't tell me you believe the fluoride myth!!! [Re: OldHam]
    #18629204 - 07/29/13 02:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Clearly, there's alot of (common sense) information on fluoride, and proof of it is dangerous, and useless for most anything except poison.
(Main ingredient in many roach/rat poisons.. Also, Prozac!)

It is also a mass-by-product of big industries, such as coal burning.
Donot be surprised if this is moved (censored) to conspiracy section.

Ironic that it's packaged for tooth care, when it makes teeth brittle, and turn brown. I make my own tooth paste, that works better.

I did an experiment one time, where i filled a pot full of tap-water, let boil completely away, and i was left with about 4 GRAMS of powder.
Who knows what else is in there, like chems that arn't easily filtered. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Edited by manomanom (07/29/13 02:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale