Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: The [Re: chinacat72]
    #1735204 - 07/21/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chinacat72 said:
1. It's a little tradition were people who work with crystal stick there thumb in it and lick it off. Dose can be from 50mg-1/2gram. . . .

2. The point. It's mostly a ritual of trust. . . .

Well, I'll kick back and read further, but I think I understand the symbollic significance of the thumbprint. What I'm most impressed by is that it really requires that you put a whole lot of faith in your ability not to lose it, because you don't really don't know what you dose is going to be.

As for the saturation point thing, are you saying that the traditional saturation point is revealed only to be a plateau at multimilligram doses?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: The [Re: Phencyclidine] * 1
    #1735279 - 07/21/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Well, I'll kick back and read further, but I think I understand the symbollic significance of the thumbprint. What I'm most impressed by is that it really requires that you put a whole lot of faith in your ability not to lose it, because you don't really don't know what you dose is going to be.

You do totaly lose control. There are people there to take care of you.
For maybe several days to a week afterwards you really need some babysitting.

Quote:

As for the saturation point thing, are you saying that the traditional saturation point is revealed only to be a plateau at multimilligram doses?

The limited literature on LSD indicates that after a certian amount increased dosages of LSD add nothing to the experiance. I have heard that this plateau is 500mcg. Lets just say 1000mcg. to be safe.
The difference between 1000mcg. and 100,000 mcg. is enormous.
Length and intensity both increase. Going by the "saturation level" logic this isn't possible. It becomes apparent rather quickly under the influence of a print that what is recorded about LSD plateau is wrong.
Whiterasta has spoken of other neurotransmitter systems becoming involved on print size doses. This seems logical to me. What exactly happens during thumbrints on the neurochemical level is something we don't know, but it becomes painfully clear that there is an increase in effect thats not placebo. At the miligram level I have trouble comparing doses of say 1 or 2 miligrams. I can tell little difference if any at all. On comparing doses of 1or 2 miligrams and 100mg. the doses are vastly different.

A couple weeks ago I did a little speck I would guess was somewere in the range of 2-3mg. Hadn't touched it in several years. Completely flattened me. The experiance was intense and hard(probably my last), but nothing in comparison to a thumbprint.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1735713 - 07/21/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1735806 - 07/21/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chinacat72 said:
Length and intensity both increase. Going by the "saturation level" logic this isn't possible. It becomes apparent rather quickly under the influence of a print that what is recorded about LSD plateau is wrong.

I've read that length increases but I don't remember many of the specifics. I find this hard to understand by 'saturation level' logic as well. If there was a saturation level, then presumably duration should not increase. I'd be interested in whiterasta's theory. You're saying he's posted it on the forums?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1735819 - 07/21/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: World Spirit] * 1
    #1735821 - 07/21/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I am of the opinion that the U.S. Government is presently so anti-LSD because LSD has a very potent possibility of destabilizing the economy.

To the goverment its more dangerous than that. It takes away its power which is the goverments life source. People taking LSD and saying we won't fight your wars or follow your rules so fuck off is a direct threat.
In the womb of creation why would you need or want a goverment.

As for the rest of your post ,most people that do prints are already well on the path of dropping out of society. These are people who already have shown a great deal of faith in the family and it's lifestyle.
They have already made the realization that babylon is for the robots and spiritualy dead. If they are trully awakened at heart, then they'll want to help free our brothers and sisters caught in the illusionary reality of babylon. This is were spreading the love comes into play.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: The [Re: World Spirit]
    #1735826 - 07/21/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Enter I think you are absolutly correct.Living the Hollow Life is no longer an option after extreme exploration.This IS one of the gov's big fears re LSD.It also points out the weakness of this society,that spiritual exploration is a threat to it's foundation of materialism.
Oh well at 20mcg a dose the gov has little to worry from LSD these days.In fact this will do much to decrease the popularity of the drug as stories of crappy subtrips that cost an arm and a leg take over from the tales of exstatic joy and enlightenment which surrounded LSD till now.
WR:rasta: 

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1735827 - 07/21/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I believe its in this thread somewere.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: whiterasta]
    #1735937 - 07/21/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1736119 - 07/21/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks. Found a little bit about it:

Quote:

WR said: The 50-500 range will saturate the seratonin system however LSD also affects other receptors like dopamine and noradrenaline to a lesser degree, at ultradoses these effects come more strongly into play negating the plateau effect.

Now, presumably this would alter the qualitative effects also. Have you personally noticed this, and can you possibly articulate them given the expected intensity of the experience?

Perhaps there would be some psychotomimetic effects resembling amphetamine psychosis?

PS - I am totally against thumbprinting. It is silly. The thumb is the clumsiest of all digits. You really should use the pinky or index fingers.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1736195 - 07/21/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

A couple weeks ago I did a little speck I would guess was somewere in the range of
2-3mg. Hadn't touched it in several years. Completely flattened me. The experiance was
intense and hard(probably my last),

Why will it be your last?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1736369 - 07/21/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

[
Now, presumably this would alter the qualitative effects also.  Have you personally noticed this, and can you possibly articulate them given the expected intensity of the experience?

Yes I can tell a difference. In fact I think this is why there is a difference.
On a normal large dose of LSD there is the high visual activity, sensory alteration,synathesia, ego loss,ext,ext. On a thumbprint it feels like you completly short circiut your brain. All cognitive function stops.  Like pouring water on a breaker panel it pops then all connections and activity are fried. The cognitive filter is shut off and eternity is able to creep in.Obviouslly all brain activity doesn't stop because you keep breathing and your heart keeps pumping. The brain stem , hindbrain, medulla,pons and cerebellum are probably not affected. I'll stop because i'm trying to explian something I can't explian nor do I know much about on a biological level.

Quote:

PS - I am totally against thumbprinting.  It is silly.  The thumb is the clumsiest of all digits.  You really should use the pinky or index fingers.

It may be the clumsiest ,but its the biggest. Also thumbprint sounds better than pinky print. :cool: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #1736381 - 07/21/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Why will it be your last?

I feel that mushrooms and DMT are far easier on me than 2000mcg. of acid. They give me that quick glimpse of eternity and i'm back in a few hours. I love LSD more than any drug out there, but our paths have seperated. I have nothing but the highest respect for LSD.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" *DELETED* [Re: Learyfan]
    #1924656 - 09/17/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by mile69

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: mile69]
    #1924660 - 09/17/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

sorry leary...i didnt mean to have that responde to you:)

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

#1924663 - 09/17/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im adding this thread to my favorites. i got this link from the nook. thanks for all your knowledge and insight china:)

OfflinePsilo707
Entheonaut

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: The [Re: mile69]
    #1997849 - 10/10/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Chinacat, you are making me spend hours and hours reading these boards and your posts/stories :smile:

What you have gone through was a true gift. I know I would not be ready for a thumbprint at this point in time, but I still have a long way to go, and maybe one day I will get the chance to experience something so unreal that words, and even thoughts, can not describe it in a realistic fashion. I truthfully get scared when I even 'think' about what taking that large of a dose must be like. Unbelievable.

thanks for sharing everything

And I also believe a book could be written with material submitted by people like you and whiterasta about your experiences. i know i would buy it quick

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2008488 - 10/14/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hey guys i wanna bring up somthing here what about the all to famous syd barret from floyd. imean there is always the rumor that he just forever spun by massive amounts of lsd. does anybody know any truths to his condition and was it brought about by lsd?

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: The [Re: peleg]
    #2009293 - 10/14/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, he was mentally unstable and took a lot of LSD. That combination is bad news.

But everyone is mentally unstable to a certain point. Don't know how one would judge if they're well enough to take it or not.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (11/08/05 07:51 PM)

Offlineponky
Stranger

Loc: New Zealand
    #2053446 - 10/29/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chinacat: My kids can annoy me so much sometimes that it sends it through the roof.

Nice to see that (thumbprinted or not) there are some constants  :grin: 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder