Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineThe Todd
I...Am...Job
Male

Loc: Fuck Yeah
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: owls]
    #14430078 - 05/10/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it sounds like anxiety. I have similar issues with staying asleep. I wake up all thru the night and have to change positions. But when there is something weighing heavily on my mind, I won't get back to sleep at all.

If I really need to sleep (for work), I take benedryl. One gives me a few hours. Two will have me in a near coma so I can atleast reach my REM. But I feel groggy in the morn and still don't wanna go to work lol.

But I think u have to face whatever issues u have before u will get any regular sleep. Even if its just a little step towards changing what's bothering u, it can go a long way in your mind.

When in doubt, grab some benedryl (generics). Works 75% of the time, every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: The Todd]
    #14430533 - 05/10/11 03:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Benadryl is an antihistamine as is unisom. Those work but you get a tolerance after a while if you use them a lot. Anxiety takes another approach usually. Progressive relaxation and focusing on bland boring subjects does help. It may not be enough. Avoid benzos because of the addiction factor. Tryptophan may work for some. Theanine can help, those both have calming effects. Kava helps some people, valium can help but the same problems as with other benzos.

For people with tough sleep problems, a combination of sleep aid and trank might help. Low dose tca's do both which is why i recommended them. For a trank without much hangover try baclofen, skelaxin, robaxin or maybe tizanidine.

Some of the ones mentioned are prescription only. They can be gotten without a script and the good thing is they are not scheduled. Even sched 5 like lyrica is a federal felony to import with up to 250k fine and 5 years. Possession is up to 25k and 1 year. But non scheduled prescriptions are under fda and from what i can find there is no federal crime involved, they just can confiscate them. Makes a big difference. Your state may have more restrictions on them.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: Stonehenge]
    #14436873 - 05/11/11 08:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh trust me, I've already tried benadryl. Shit is bogus.
Didn't even work when i took 4.

I know benzos are very addictive, but I honestly think something sedating would help me no matter what.

I have acquired some hydrocodone a few days ago, and taking 1 before I sleep makes me get such a good night sleep because it just takes the edge off everything and lets me get comfortable.
Knowing that a pain-killer would help me pass out, i bet a benzo or sedative would work 100x better.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area, california
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: mrgibblet]
    #14437074 - 05/11/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

certainly explore the biological route... go to a doctor, research on your own, go to a phyiciatrist, read online and experiment with vitamins/minerals/adaptogens, exercise intensely during the day, don't watch TV or internet before bed, etc........

at the same time, while you gradually fix this problem, make the most of your time while you are awake. if you're awake and can't sleep, instead of forcing yourself to sleep, maybe read a book, or make some art, etc...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #14439266 - 05/12/11 09:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hydrocodone for sleep??? omfg! and you are going to use benzos because you aren't worried about addiction? You completely blew off the good advice you got and are determined to become an addict. Lotsa luck.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

#14442125 - 05/12/11 08:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Hydrocodone for sleep??? omfg! and you are going to use benzos because you aren't worried about addiction? You completely blew off the good advice you got and are determined to become an addict. Lotsa luck.

What do you mean?

I've been using hydrocodone recreationally for a while..
I don't even use it every day, more like once every 2 or so weeks.

I don't have an addictive personality, I'd be able to handle benzos

--------------------
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Offlinegnome respect
Gnomer
Male

#14442340 - 05/12/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Pay attention this time. TCA's in small doses do just what you want. They not only make you very sleepy but they relieve anxiety and even reduce depression. Good ones i've used are quetiapine, trazodone, gabapentin and doxepin. Oxcarbazapine worked a little. Some of those are dirt cheap if you get them in generic form.

I do not know about TCA's but i do know about anti-seizure meds. I had been on oxcarbazepine for seven years for epilepsy. It is the generic form of Trileptal, very expensive drug. But i can say that it not only had taken away the majority of my seizures, but also allows me to sleep better than I have in years. Most of the anticonvulsants I have taken are good for this, although there are many crappy side effects. I have tried many over the years and find oxcarbazepine to be the most tolerant.  I had been to doctors for sleep disorder in my teenage years, and when I started to have seizures the meds cured me of my sleep disorder as well.

I can not advocate prescription drugs any more unless absolutely necessary. I have chosen over the past few years to self medicate with diet, excersize, and mary jane amongst other substances, all of which are not prescription drugs. And I am sleeping well now, seizure free.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: gnome respect]
    #14444502 - 05/13/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah i like oxcarb. It has no recreational value but it's more pleasant than some drugs and has less hangover i would say. At a dose of 300 mg it only made me sleepy and didn't quite knock me out. For some folks that would be enough. One of the interesting side effects is that it reduces your appetite. I've been combining it with other things to add to the effect. For example, doxepin at 25 mg worked great at first but i've been using it every other day and it seems to be getting weaker. So i take 150 mg oxcarb with it and it works better.

I'm supposed to get amitryptiline and a couple other things soon. I'll give a report on them. For a good knock out, take 25 mg quetiapine. It's very cheap, cheaper than oxcarb. Doxepin is cheap too as is amitryptiline. Not everything works the same for everyone so you have to try a few to see which ones you like. Some people get bad sides and others get none on the same dose.

If your doc insists on prescribing stuff that has no generic form and won't give you anything cheap, it might be best to find another doc.  You could pay $5 a month or $50 a month and get the same results.

--------------------

Offlinebroken
455 member(s)
Male User Gallery

Loc: fuckyeah!
    #14447366 - 05/13/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

a old friend told recently me when he can't sleep he reads mein kampf because hitler was such a boring writer it always puts him to sleep. just don't leave it on you bed stand when your jewish friends come over.

--------------------
:willynilly:

Offlinestuntmanmike
Male

Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: broken]
    #14451660 - 05/14/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

nothing is going to work because you have your mind set on getting benzos but i'll tell you what will fix it just for the hell of it as soon as you get up in the morning do an intense stretching workout then run 2 miles and do 100 pushups then go about your normal routine dont have dinner after 7oclock and dont watch tv or listen to music 30 minutes before you go to bed just relax but go ahead become part of drugs for a brave new cubicle generation

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: stuntmanmike]
    #14452247 - 05/14/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

stuntmanmike said:
nothing is going to work because you have your mind set on getting benzos but i'll tell you what will fix it just for the hell of it as soon as you get up in the morning do an intense stretching workout then run 2 miles and do 100 pushups then go about your normal routine dont have dinner after 7oclock and dont watch tv or listen to music 30 minutes before you go to bed just relax but go ahead become part of drugs for a brave new cubicle generation

I don't have my mindset on getting benzos really, I just know that benzos will work.
I'm just mad that what my doctor gave me doesn't do jack shit.

--------------------

jokes

Offlinestuntmanmike
Male

#14452268 - 05/14/11 04:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it didnt do anything because restless leg syndrome is a made up affliction for people who sit in an office all day and dont work out then wonder why they cant sleep we are advanced in society but we still have monkey bodies that are supposed to be running from predators and gathering food all day if you do a hard work out in the morning you will not only feel better but by the time night comes around youll pass out as soon as your head hits the pillow

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: stuntmanmike]
    #14452927 - 05/14/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ever thought of beta blockers? i have terrible sleep anxiety but sleeping pills give me terrible nightmares. my whole family is on beta blockers for sleep to slow our hearts down. may be worth looking in to at least.

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: Cloud9]
    #14455728 - 05/15/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cloud9 said:
ever thought of beta blockers? i have terrible sleep anxiety but sleeping pills give me terrible nightmares. my whole family is on beta blockers for sleep to slow our hearts down. may be worth looking in to at least.

My mother is actually prescribed beta-blockers for her high blood-pressure.

I dont even care to be honest, I just need something that works!!

--------------------

jokes

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #14467000 - 05/17/11 09:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I tested mirtazapine last night. I took 15 mg and it worked ok. There were few side effects and i got sleepy in about an hour. The bad thing is it did not keep me asleep all night, i woke several times. For those whose main problem is just getting to sleep, this might work fine. I felt ok in the morning and not a lot of grogginess.

This is a tetracyclic antidepressant. It works on a lot of different receptors. One source claimed it helps with memory. It's more expensive than something like doxepin or quetiapine which are more long lasting and have more side effects. I might combine mirt with something else in order to use less of each.

--------------------

Offlinebuntafujiwara
Stranger
    #15992758 - 03/25/12 04:57 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Read through your post and it sounds similar to my sleeping problem, i never had the RLS but i can be so tired allday and as soon as i lay down in bed at night i feel so awake and can't stop thinking, Saw a few people saying excersize to the point of exhaustion, well i think for people with racing minds that is the worst thing, i do karate and boxing 4 to 5 nights a week and it fully drains me, the day's i don't have training i do sleep better, the days i do it takes me so much longer to get to sleep cos my mind can't settle after being so active.
I never wanted to go on any sleeping pills or anything, i try to avoid anything that's not natural so i've never done anything about it, somethings people suggested on here work for me but only a couple of times like magnesium and cammamile tea and all those things but nothing works long term, it's been years now and i'm starting to get more anxious,moody,snappy,ect , sorry if this is an old post but i just started looking this up cos i've come to a point where i'm getting worried about my mental and physical health and not working from not being able to get out of bed in the morning.

OfflineDarkwraith
Abnormal
Female User Gallery

Loc: BC Canada Flag
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: buntafujiwara]
    #15993148 - 03/25/12 08:56 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

I suggest smoking 2 grams of indica medical marijuana an hour before bedtime.

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: buntafujiwara]
    #16193574 - 05/07/12 05:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

buntafujiwara said:
Read through your post and it sounds similar to my sleeping problem, i never had the RLS but i can be so tired allday and as soon as i lay down in bed at night i feel so awake and can't stop thinking, Saw a few people saying excersize to the point of exhaustion, well i think for people with racing minds that is the worst thing, i do karate and boxing 4 to 5 nights a week and it fully drains me, the day's i don't have training i do sleep better, the days i do it takes me so much longer to get to sleep cos my mind can't settle after being so active.
I never wanted to go on any sleeping pills or anything, i try to avoid anything that's not natural so i've never done anything about it, somethings people suggested on here work for me but only a couple of times like magnesium and cammamile tea and all those things but nothing works long term, it's been years now and i'm starting to get more anxious,moody,snappy,ect , sorry if this is an old post but i just started looking this up cos i've come to a point where i'm getting worried about my mental and physical health and not working from not being able to get out of bed in the morning.

sorry for bump but dude, you are obviously undereating and overtraining, especially if your sleep is WORSE on training days. very common symptoms, frustrating symptoms of overtraining and undereating is insomnia, mood swings, agitatio n, anxiety, etc.
EAT MOAR!

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

OfflineMistyMystic
Birdbrain
Male

Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: daz01]
    #16198508 - 05/08/12 05:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck gibllet.

you will get over this buddy.

u tired and all fucked up so try to minimize negative things for you body

sometime there is not much good cure for insomnia.

for me i just lie down then i feel all hot. I NEVER feel hot, always too cold. Then I try to sleep and im sweating and rolling around for the entire night.

used to get me bad like you, week after week after week after week and i would stay up thinking the most depressing thoughts.

evil thoughts, about myself, about people etc... sometimes good thoughts, but mostly bad .

thats why i think its a useless painful experience.

good luck man, u are alone but not really alone!!! WOOT

--------------------
shes got legs.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: I need some fucking help guys(cant sleep) [Re: MistyMystic]
    #16228198 - 05/14/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah I feel your pain OP... I've had wicked bad insomnia since I was a kid... really, the only thing that's ever worked consistently and 100% for sure is benzos :shrug:

and believe me, I've tried everything... from meletonin to fucking brainwave entrainment

somehow I've managed to not get addicted to em with over a decade of use... although I've built up a mad tolerance :tongue:

insomnia drives me fucking insane... nothing like doing 10 hours of physical labor when you're utterly sleep deprived :thumbdown:

or finally falling asleep, then sleeping through your alarm because you're so fucking shitbagged... then getting fired because it's the 4th time that month you showed up 3 hours late without calling :mad2:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals