Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewisdom187
Stranger
how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G
    #13928987 - 02/08/11 07:42 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

title

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: wisdom187]
    #13929047 - 02/08/11 07:55 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

7-14 days, more or less. Give or take a few.

Why?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: wisdom187]
    #13929444 - 02/08/11 09:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wisdom187 said:
title

Is it a guessing game, or do you wish to divulge what sort of substrate or grain is in the jars?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Offlinemushroommilitia
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13929576 - 02/08/11 09:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

yea depends on what your growing on good call RR. most grain is fast and really it depends on strain/species and what you have been growing on and how its prepared. mushrooms like change.

4 days so far on rye berries G2G from MS. i use 3ml peroxide per jar while using my glove box. reason being i would hate to clean 8-10 nasty jars. better safe than sorry but sterile technique is key.

G2G is nice just make sure you dont spawn to many times from the same jar. for example dont G2G then use those jars to G2G more than once. because they end up stalling/or not fruiting. its like when i was young my mother made mac and cheese cause its like a buck a box. now the thought of it makes me sick.

InvisibleEvilMushroom666M
Heretic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: mushroommilitia]
    #13929635 - 02/08/11 09:47 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Not a good idea to add peroxide to your jars, instead follow proper
procedure, work inside of a still air box and you should be fine.

As well you can G2G MANY times before you reach a decline in vigor
from your culture, how many times? That I am not sure but 100% more
then one generation as you have stated.

Here is a quote from RR:

Quote:

As I said above, peroxide is toxic to mycelium, all mycelium, therefore it is hated by mushrooms and mold alike. If you have an outbreak of Dactylium, you can spray the casing layer with it to wipe out the cobweb. This doesn't hurt the mushroom mycelium because Dactylium rarely colonizes over the top of mushroom colonized casing layers. I've found it's a mistake to use as a preventative measure because it sets the mushroom mycelium back and makes it less aggressive, then the faster recovering molds get the upper hand. Sterile technique will prevent molds in spawn, and fresh air exchange will prevent most molds in the growing environment, so go with that for best results.
RR

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #13929804 - 02/08/11 10:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

How big is the universe?

How long would it take to dig to china?

How many licks does it take..

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlinemushroommilitia
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how long does it take to colonize a quart jar 100% with G2G [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #13930295 - 02/08/11 11:32 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EvilMushroom666 said:
Not a good idea to add peroxide to your jars, instead follow proper
procedure, work inside of a still air box and you should be fine.

As well you can G2G MANY times before you reach a decline in vigor
from your culture, how many times? That I am not sure but 100% more
then one generation as you have stated.

Here is a quote from RR:

Quote:

As I said above, peroxide is toxic to mycelium, all mycelium, therefore it is hated by mushrooms and mold alike. If you have an outbreak of Dactylium, you can spray the casing layer with it to wipe out the cobweb. This doesn't hurt the mushroom mycelium because Dactylium rarely colonizes over the top of mushroom colonized casing layers. I've found it's a mistake to use as a preventative measure because it sets the mushroom mycelium back and makes it less aggressive, then the faster recovering molds get the upper hand. Sterile technique will prevent molds in spawn, and fresh air exchange will prevent most molds in the growing environment, so go with that for best results.
RR

my personal preference might i add. have yet to see any negative affects of this technique. mycelium seems to thrive despite the fact it is present in the jars. not only that but peroxide evaporates rapidly after all it is only water and oxygen with added molecules h2o<h2o2. i do not argue sterile technique that is most important. however if i were to get accurate results using a control which would be an isolate. and use the same amount of spawn with or without H2o2 could we lay to rest the debate of using peroxide? my guess is they would both finish at the same time i would love to prove this and actually this gives me something to look into.

as far as strain senescence if your using a multi spore inoculated jar the length you could stretch those jars are significantly more than if you were to use a clone or isolate while going G2G. the only really point i was trying to acknowledge here is if its a clone you've already fruited it diluting the original genes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation