Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body.
    #13853286 - 01/26/11 11:08 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm only 25 years old but I feel like I have the body of a 70 year old man. I have little aches and pains all over my entire body and it feels like my muscles are degenerating.

Some of my aches and pains I contribute to all abuse I put my body through skateboarding as a kid, and 2 years of back breaking factory work building semi-trailers. But I have gotten plenty of rest and relaxation over the past 3 years and I don't feel it has gotten better. It might have gotten worse.

I think my bad diet and lack of exercise might also be contributing to my aches and pains.

The main thing I am worried about is the feeling of my muscles degenerating, mainly in my left shoulder. My left shoulder feels extremely weak and when I rotate it in circles I can hear little strands of muscles snaping and cracking and I can hear my bone "grinding" in the socket. :crazy: And it hurts to do little things like push in a dresser drawer or even pull off my sock or wash my hair in the shower. It's not a bad pain, its more like an annoying little pinch in the muscle.

I also hear that same cracking and snapping noise when I rotate my neck around in circles, and I have various other aches and pains throughout my body. Like just now as I set my cat on the ground I felt a pain in my left side, felt like it was coming from my organs or something, not a muscle ache.:crazy:

Does anybody have any vitamin recommendations for healthy muscles and joints? Or maybe some foods I should add to my diet? Or some stretches or exercises I should try?

I want to feel healthy again, I don't want to feel like an old man.

And does anyone have any computer related job recommendations that are somewhat easy to get into? I really don't want to work in factories much longer because I don't know how much more my body can take. I'd like to get an easy job sitting behind a computer all day.

I know my way around a computer but I'm no expert or anything. What would be a good computer related job for me to go to school for? And I should also add that I am not a people person, so any jobs that don't involve dealing with customers would be a plus. One of my friends does CAD (computer aided design/drafting) and I think that might be something I'd be interested in.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #13853322 - 01/26/11 11:16 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Pain killers and exercise. And a video game technician! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSimplySilent
New to hunting
Male

Loc: South New Jersey
Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #13853329 - 01/26/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I skate a lot and have the same problem, especially with my knees because I come down hard on the board... One thing that I think helps is fluid muscle recovery powder. You put it in your water. I hope that this helps.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: Eminence]
    #13853336 - 01/26/11 11:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not looking to kill the pain. I'm looking to feel healthy without pain killers.

And being a video game technician would be bad ass. But I know I would never be able to get a job in the field. Looking for something more realistic.

I'd love to become a light technician for a band and go on tour with them working the lights, but I know I would never get a job doing that so I'm not gonna waste my time going to school for it.

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: SimplySilent]
    #13853346 - 01/26/11 11:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SimplySilent said:
I skate a lot and have the same problem, especially with my knees because I come down hard on the board...

:yesnod:

My right knee and my back are constantly in pain. And my ankles are not in good shape either.

I'll have to check out that muscle recovery powder.

--------------------

OfflineSimplySilent
New to hunting
Male

Loc: South New Jersey
Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: RobMarley420] * 1
    #13853356 - 01/26/11 11:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oh and for the job question, you could look into web design:)

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: RobMarley420] * 1
    #13853389 - 01/26/11 11:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I can relate to the shoulder pain, stretches do help as long as you don't push it.  Weight lifting is excellent for relieving pain as well, again if you don't push too hard.  Start low and slow.  I talked to my mom's physical therapist about my shoulder popping.  She advised me to do seated rows, and to pull from my back instead of my biceps.  She told me to picture i was pinching a can of soda in between my shoulder blades.  I guess strengthening the back muscles around the shoulders protect and support them.  Worked very well for me.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #13853464 - 01/26/11 11:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for that advice!

I have been trying to stretch daily and I try to workout whenever I have access to a wheightlifting machine which is like twice a week. I hope this helps some.

I've also started to take my One A Day multivitamin again hoping that will help.

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#13856313 - 01/26/11 08:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you are 25 and feel like you have no energy, it means you either have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or you live an extremely sedentary (lazy) lifestyle. Theres a saying "If you don't use it, you lose it" and it holds true to muscle and energy metabolism. If you don't do anything, why would you need extra energy? The reason why people who exercise have energy is because there body doesn't know when its going to need a burst of energy and they have a higher metabolism, hence more energy always available.

I'm not sure about the aches and pains, but I assume its because of your lifestyle

Stretch your muscles, do some aerobics (any kind you like - it doesn't have to be running), some weight training a few times a week and in a few weeks you'll probably feel like a whole different person

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: Uzziel] * 1
    #13856337 - 01/26/11 08:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

If you keep eating food thats dead and processed, expect to become a decaying pile of flesh.

Eat more food that is ALIVE: fruits, vegetables, nuts, raw fish/eggs/meat. Anything that still has a lively pulse left in it will rejuvenate your mind and body.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

Offlinewoodruss67
barely here ,almost there
 User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: MoxyOx]
    #13856408 - 01/26/11 08:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i agree with the exercise,painkillers. i have , cancer, and lost my job in the union,so instead of drawing money for disabilaty ,i now have a new job as a flagger for electric/construction crews, i got in only cause my bud's moms owns the company now. i feel like shit,and work ussually between 12-15 hours a day, just standing there,stopping,and directing traffic ,it sux but i dont like to sit around. it helps to keep my mind off shit. and the hours make my legs ,and back kill me constantly , painkillers,are a life saver.

--------------------
everything i post is only in reference to my alternate persona's , and is based on their needs to fit in.
woodruss.:crazy2:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: MoxyOx]
    #13856412 - 01/26/11 08:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MoxyOx said:
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

If you keep eating food thats dead and processed, expect to become a decaying pile of flesh.

Eat more food that is ALIVE: fruits, vegetables, nuts, raw fish/eggs/meat. Anything that still has a lively pulse left in it will rejuvenate your mind and body.

Are you calling me a pussy you bitch??

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#13856690 - 01/26/11 09:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MoxyOx said:
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Haha, nice. I like that advice.

:bananadance: :apple:  :clementine:  :banana:  :rastana: :redbanana: :clementine: :tomato:  :bananadance:

--------------------

OfflineNatorade
LsDmThC
Male

Loc: WI Flag
    #13857413 - 01/26/11 11:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

im only 18 and can already tell how much skating has fucked with my knees (especially my right one)  :uhoh:

i cant even sit indian style comfortably at all  :frown:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: Natorade]
    #13857466 - 01/26/11 11:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I used to skate..I was damn good too. I remember tryin to trey flip crook grind down a 22 stair set with kinda tall stairs and a platform in the middle. Those fucking kinks used to get me, the board got caught in between the deck and the wheel and I fell down probably about 12 feet straight onto my knee caps on the concrete. Fuck. I couldn't walk right for a few weeks. :feelsbadman:

--------------------

OfflineLbDub
Male

#13858292 - 01/27/11 05:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You suffer muscle atrophy if you don't use them. Start lifting free weights, work on flexibility and joint health, and increase your protein intake.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: LbDub]
    #13858938 - 01/27/11 10:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LbDub said:
and increase your protein intake.

Yeah, I was thinking this might help.

I hate meat so much I bet I'm barely getting any protein.  About the only meat I will cook myself is bacon. Other than that I will eat meat at restaurants and precooked stuff that I just have to heat up in the oven. Cooking ground beef is so fucking gross... :projectile:

I should start eating more nuts and peanutbutter.

--------------------

OfflineLbDub
Male

#13859168 - 01/27/11 11:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Also good sources of protein are whey protein, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, eggs or egg whites.. etc.

Protein is key and a lot of people really don't try much to get enough. A huge % of people don't get as much as they should.

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #17732771 - 02/02/13 01:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

How 'bout an update, OP?

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: 25 but I feel like an old man. Degenerating muscles & aches and pains over my entire body. [Re: s240779]
    #17733551 - 02/02/13 04:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

2 years later and I'm feeling much healthier over all. I'd say the cause of this thread was a very poor diet.

I eat healthier now and I feel healthier now.

But at the age of 27 I still feel like an old man. :lol: Went snowboarding last weekend and fell once... Didn't slam hard or anything, just fell and caught myself. My shoulder is really sore from that small fall. At 22 that wouldn't have fazed me at all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale