Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemisterogerz

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: amilibertine]
    #13808887 - 01/18/11 03:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
Quote:

misterogerz said:
Quote:

Lion said:

Also, all you need is not free, because you need to own property to grow food and build a residence, you can't really just go off into the wilderness and live off the land like you could in the 18th century.

and the only reason I can't live off the land is because of the european migration, and another reason i disagree with america keeping mexicans out, the majority of them are native american, who have been in this continent far before any europeans, yet, they still have nazi tendencies and want to make imaginary lines and dictate the world

Without those imaginary lines everywhere we'd all be living in some nightmare hippy commune.  No thanks.  The solution is to use technology but also learn how to survive without it, just in case.  You really want to shit in the woods and wipe with a leaf man?

i really would, and im serious, what we have isnt working (for the better), survival of the fittest has always been my motto, if i die, i was supposed to :shrug:

--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #13808891 - 01/18/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sprezzatura said:
I get behind this guy in line at the grocery store, who had a huge cart full of shit, but he was almost finished, so I picked that line because it was shortest... The cashier finishes scanning the items, and he pulls out a Food Stamp card and swipes it... Cashier says "okay, you have a 26 dollar balance" (because he didn't have enough on his card to pay for it all), he goes "Oh, ok", and pulls out this huge wad of money and gives her a 100 dollar bill... and I was standing close enough to him to where I could clearly see several 100 dollar bills and 20 dollar bills in his stack... I mean, it was at least $800.

Dude, if that guy wasn't 6'8", and stacked with muscles, I would've jumped his ass in the parking lot and took my tax money back.

Fuck welfare, fuck food stamps, take care of yourself or die.

:2cents:

So fucking what.

59% of the federal budget goes towards military expenditures.

6% goes towards Health and Human Services.

I don't care about people getting their food paid for. I care about our government bankrupting the country to kill poor brown people overseas.

Besides, You don't know what that dudes expenses are. Maybe he has to pay bullshit probation fees. Maybe he's got kids. Maybe he's homeless and doesn't have a bank account and so that wad of cash is every penny that he owns. Maybe he's got injuries and can't work. Or maybe he's got a bullshit criminal history and nobody will hire him.

I'm sorry that you can't realize that people don't have the same privileges that you do.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineLoveYourLife
MDMA

Loc: Cincinnati
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: misterogerz]
    #13808902 - 01/18/11 03:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

misterogerz said:
Quote:

uber_aj said:
Quote:

misterogerz said:
because they dont know any better and will simply die givin the harsh reality of nature minus suckling the teet of their civilization and technology. lol

I love this argument: When technology fails, you're all gonna die!  :oldman:

Yeah when Jesus and or Tupac come back, they're gonna show us, too! I'm all for rural living, hunting and owning land, but technology is here to stay; it doesn't make us weaker it makes us more intelligent (those who understand it, anyway). It will be the ultimate salvation of mankind, provided we don't destroy ourselves for greed first.

We're decades away from colonizing other planets and the moon, the probability that we'll be able to reverse aging within the lifetimes of many members of this site is high. Should we abandon these pursuits for a more simple, natural existence just in case we face some technological setback? I think it'd be an insult to our rare consciousness.

did u know the general public has no common sense? and no one cares to prepare? when it does fail, few people will survive. given they dont blow themselves up b4 then :shrug:

Dude, seriously, what the fuck goes on in your head?  Why is technology inevitably crashing? Do you really think that things are ever going to go back to the days of the 1800's?  It's ALWAYS going to be around in one form or another.  If it comes down to it, I'll google how to plant some damn vegetables. You act like you have some secret knowledge from Chief Squanto or something.

Invisiblemisterogerz

Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: LoveYourLife]
    #13808930 - 01/18/11 04:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

civilization is very fragile, if ur power goes out, u need a generator, if u run out of gas, ur fucked, that simple, electricity can be harvested in several ways, but isnt alway guaranteed, people rely on other things too much. when what u need to live is so simple and costs nothing but a little blood and sweat.

--------------------

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
    #13808936 - 01/18/11 04:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

misterogerz said:
Quote:

amilibertine said:
Quote:

misterogerz said:
Quote:

Lion said:

Also, all you need is not free, because you need to own property to grow food and build a residence, you can't really just go off into the wilderness and live off the land like you could in the 18th century.

and the only reason I can't live off the land is because of the european migration, and another reason i disagree with america keeping mexicans out, the majority of them are native american, who have been in this continent far before any europeans, yet, they still have nazi tendencies and want to make imaginary lines and dictate the world

Without those imaginary lines everywhere we'd all be living in some nightmare hippy commune.  No thanks.  The solution is to use technology but also learn how to survive without it, just in case.  You really want to shit in the woods and wipe with a leaf man?

i really would, and im serious, what we have isnt working (for the better), survival of the fittest has always been my motto, if i die, i was supposed to :shrug:

Well, in a world of guns and bombs survival of the fittest really doesn't mean anything.  The only thing that doesn't work is the fucked up power structure.  Technology is everything not just TV and computers.  You mean to say that you'd rather die of an easily treated sickness than use modern medicine because you are "supposed to" die?

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #13808970 - 01/18/11 04:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

misterogerz said:
did u know the general public has no common sense? and no one cares to prepare? when it does fail, few people will survive. given they dont blow themselves up b4 then :shrug:

I'm part of the general public and I have tons of common sense, mechanical aptitude as well. I meet a lot of ignorant retards as well, but you're reducing all of us to fools. While I partly agree with you that some preventative preparations are a good idea, I see no reason why technology will or should fail. Can you point me to a real possibility, one that doesn't involve speculative pseudo-science like a Mayan calendar?

I'm right there with you that we might cause our own extinction by chasing greed and power, utilizing our technology as a weapon. However, if we kill ourselves in nuclear warfare or by skull-fucking our environment to death, what makes you think you and your garden would survive? It would be a far greater and more amazing idea to try to become an interplanetary species than to revert to a 16th century way of life, IMO.

Invisiblemisterogerz

Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: amilibertine]
    #13808977 - 01/18/11 04:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:

Well, in a world of guns and bombs survival of the fittest really doesn't mean anything.  The only thing that doesn't work is the fucked up power structure.  Technology is everything not just TV and computers.  You mean to say that you'd rather die of an easily treated sickness than use modern medicine because you are "supposed to" die?

the only reason i would consider going to a 'doctor' would be to reattach a limb, i refuse to EVER go to the doctor for ANYTHING, and i actually hate the idea of hospitals in general, as there are too many useless people in the world (as harsh as it sounds, there isnt enough room)

--------------------

OfflineLoveYourLife
MDMA

Loc: Cincinnati
    #13809003 - 01/18/11 04:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You are single handedly the most illogical person on this entire forum.

Invisiblemisterogerz

#13809039 - 01/18/11 04:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LoveYourLife said:
You are single handedly the most illogical person on this entire forum.

thank you :ganja:

--------------------

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
    #13809049 - 01/18/11 04:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:haha:

:werd: mr. "most illogical person on this forum", time to smokkeee!!1

Invisiblemisterogerz

Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #13809065 - 01/18/11 04:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

my life isnt what i'd prefer, so why should i care what the other nazis think haha :ganja::trippinballs:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13809122 - 01/18/11 04:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Yeah, if they're pulling out cash like that and still getting food stamps, they're doing something shady. I get food stamps, but I actually need them. What can I say? I'm pretty poor. :frown: Some folks actually need them.

1 year of sporadic employment and 2 years of no employment and I couldnt
get any sort of government assistance, hy you might ask, because I own
everything I have, as my mom was told when I was about 12-13, "sell your
car and buy some food", how the hell would she get to work if she did

InvisibleMelusina
Male
    #13809429 - 01/18/11 05:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sprezzatura said:
No, if you're pulling out wads of $100 bills, I think you can pay for your own groceries man.

He could have just gotten paid his ENTIRE MONTH'S paycheck, 800 bucks. And he could have a kid. And maybe he can't find a better job because we are in a recession.

There COULD be another explanation. Maybe it's not likely, but there COULD be.

Invisiblemisterogerz

Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: Melusina]
    #13809456 - 01/18/11 05:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Melusina said:
Quote:

Sprezzatura said:
No, if you're pulling out wads of $100 bills, I think you can pay for your own groceries man.

He could have just gotten paid his ENTIRE MONTH'S paycheck, 800 bucks. And he could have a kid. And maybe he can't find a better job because we are in a recession.

this has been explained :ganja:

--------------------

OfflineFreedomForAll
One Step Ahead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #13809476 - 01/18/11 05:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ellenallien said:
this is a common thing here. nobody works here, everyone is on welfare and dealing drugs. WELFARE is PHILLY its quite pathetic

Yeah, a lot of people gather and socialize. Sometimes I talk to them though. Some are quite friendly.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #13809501 - 01/18/11 05:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Some people don't like bank accounts. That $800 might of been all the money he had to his name you don't know his situation so why be so judgmental?

--------------------

InvisibleMelusina
Male
    #13809550 - 01/18/11 05:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

misterogerz said:
Quote:

Melusina said:
Quote:

Sprezzatura said:

this has been explained :ganja:

yeah, got on the phone and forgot to push submit button, came back and pushed without thinking. Sorry.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: FractalDust]
    #13809582 - 01/18/11 05:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Some people don't like bank accounts. That $800 might of been all the money he had to his name you don't know his situation so why be so judgmental?

if he's paid his bills and managed to save $800 in his pocket, he doesnt need food stamps

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13809615 - 01/18/11 05:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
if he's paid his bills and managed to save $800 in his pocket, he doesnt need food stamps

Well sure, but what I'm saying is why judge him and fantasize about kicking his ass and then go home and post about it on the internet like a douche when you really don't know what his situation is?

--------------------

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: Guy in grocery store with food stamps [Re: FractalDust]
    #13809638 - 01/18/11 05:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:facepalm:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies