Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetarfoh
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: Nostic]
    #13832457 - 01/22/11 04:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've taken them for my headaches and it works like a charm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHofmann1943
explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forest
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: tarfoh]
    #13833130 - 01/22/11 06:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I wish you luck.

--------------------
By Albert Hofmann :
Been cautious man, I though I would start with a smallest, smallest quantity. Namely I started with 0.25mg.....and my intention was to increase dosage to see if something will happened.
That very small dosage, the first dose of my experiments i planed, was very very strong.

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: Hofmann1943]
    #13835241 - 01/23/11 01:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey mate,

You might be interested in getting one of these capsule filling devices. It makes it easy for dosing and easy to store and carry around. I got the size 000 kit.

http://www.cap-m-quik.com/

Offlineslowmo-joe
Strange, Stranger, Strangest

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: migraineur]
    #17932415 - 03/10/13 04:44 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Hello everyone

Very happy to have found this discussion, in fact I registered especially so that I could make this post.  Can anyone follow up on what has already been said here?  I have suffered intense migraine for years and in desperation have recently( last 2 years) discovered this line of treatment.  I can say from experience that other psychedelics have been a massive help to me but have never been able to locate this particular organic version of the treatment.  I am interested in cultivating my own medicine so can anyone recommend particular strains to use?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers!

joe

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: slowmo-joe]
    #17932819 - 03/10/13 09:48 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

I started with B+. You can try this or one of the other types of psilocybe cubensis.

Have you tried any medications from the doctors yet? Also, how often do you get migraines?

Offlineslowmo-joe

#17933183 - 03/10/13 11:51 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks.  Please check your PMs.

Cheers

joe

--------------------
...complex and mysterious brain events...

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #17943923 - 03/12/13 01:27 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

slowmo-joe we pick semilanceata each autumn, this particular mushroom grows wild here in the UK, but picking semilanceata is hard work, its also very expensive as it requires much costs buying fuel and driving many miles to the places where these mushrooms grow.

I'm in the middle of a (home grow) mushroom experiment myself this very moment, its quite legal to secure resources to do this in the UK :smile: illogical its also punishable by being slung in jail as a deadly criminal if your actually caught combining these elements together and cooking (growing) something up that seemingly is very threatening to the powers that be ???

It involves ordering (via telephone) a mushroom grow kit and also ordering the exotic psilocybin species of mushroom spoors to grow with the kit.  So far it seems to be working, but its taking months, if we get 10 grams of mush from this exercise it can only be considered as a success because this will amount to mushrooms providing almost half a years worth of relief from migraine misery.

Offlineslowmo-joe

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #17948297 - 03/13/13 10:34 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Thanks fantasticfungus for the reply.  If such a small sounding amount of this will last such a long time in terms of staying pain-free then it really does sound worthwhile.  When migraine hits I become so desperate that I will consider anything.  Interesting to note that I am not alone in suffering more at this time of year - around season's change.  Also for any other sufferers reading this who don't already know, energy drinks containing taurine can be a massive help.  I tend to drink the whole thing fast in one go.  Sometimes this is enough, sometimes it needs painkillers as well.  And sometimes as us migraine people know, nothing works but anything is worth a try.

Thanks again and very best wishes for a pain-free future...))

--------------------

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #17953472 - 03/14/13 05:44 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Didnt know about "taurine" remedy !  My wife's got her migraines liked now, she takes a 2 x standard dose of the prescription drug called pizotifen every day, and a half gram dose of semilanceata tea ounce each week, she's never been happier :smile:

Offlineslowmo-joe

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #17954208 - 03/14/13 09:38 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I always have taurine drinks in the house, both refrigerated and at room temperature.  If drunk in time it can put an end to an attack before it properly begins, sometimes.  I have attacks that can last days or longer and are completely resistant to all pain killers, so I am interested in the long lasting element of this treatment.  It does sound as if your wife has an effective programme and I am very happy for her, for you both.

Cheers and have a great day!

joe

--------------------

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #17965716 - 03/16/13 07:27 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

It is the combination of Taurine and caffeine that helps by constricting the blood vessels that are causing the pain. Energy drinks help with cluster also.:wink:

CH

Offlineslowmo-joe

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: CH HELL]
    #18262247 - 05/14/13 04:34 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks CH HELL for the explanation.  I am guessing you are a cluster sufferer - knowing that the pain they bring can be so very bad I feel for you. 

To update my post in this thread - when I joined and first posted I was very much in the migraine loop.  I ordered a myco box online (B+, thanks migraineur!) and by the time I had my first harvest I had gone out of migraine cycle.  In the meantime the box has given me a number of flushes, the first being the most generous, over a hundred in total.  The second gave me just twenty and the numbers have dropped with each subsequent flush, just now giving me two mushrooms on the fifth(!) flush.  Yesterday I had the first sign of going back into the loop by waking up with severe head pain.  I took a number of strong opioid pain killers throughout the day which didn't help with the pain.  I awoke this morning with the same pain and decided to try the mushroom treatment.  I had bought some digital scales in order to measure dose, so I weighed out half a gram of bone-dry mushrooms, put them in my morning cup of tea, drank it and waited.  I didn't eat the mushrooms but kept them and added them to my second cup of tea.  Sure enough within half an hour my head was clearing.  It is now two hours since waking up and I am completely pain free!  This is incredible.  I have had similar results using tiny amounts of LSD but it is not easy to find where I am.  There is a definite difference between this and HBW seeds - this feels slightly more refined and less "primitive" but just as effective, if not more so as I feel very able to now go about my day.  The HBW seeds made me lie down with quite a heavy body feeling and unable to do much but the mushrooms have made me feel light and able.  I don't know whether this dose is high or low but I have without doubt witnessed the effect I was hoping for.  I am yawning more than I might usually after three cups of tea but that is the only unusual thing right now.

I hope this information can be useful to someone and if anyone reading this has any comment to make or advice to give I will be very interested.  Equally I welcome questions. 

Thanks to everyone who has so far contacted me on this subject.  So far, so good!

Cheers and have a great day

joe

--------------------

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

#18262917 - 05/14/13 09:00 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Congrats, mate! I hope all goes well for you. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have them.

Offlineslowmo-joe

#18263134 - 05/14/13 10:22 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers mate!))

--------------------

Offline10KOysters
Food Cultivator
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: migraineur] * 1
    #18263175 - 05/14/13 10:35 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm curious.

Have any of you completely removed non-foods from your diet and still suffered from the headaches?

Non-foods as in chemicals, hydrogenated stuff, "natural flavors", artificial flavors, additions such as citric or other acids, dough enhancers, emulsifiers or basically anything man-made or highly processed by man.

The reason I ask is I've worked with a seizure patient who suffered from headaches.  The removal of all non-foods, plus changing their diet choices to the D'Adamo lists by their blood type, completely removed the headaches and drastically reduced the number of their seizures.

I'm interested in any similar responses from headache sufferers.

Peace

--------------------
I object to the prolific use of 'Submit' buttons on the internet

Offlineslowmo-joe

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: 10KOysters]
    #18263396 - 05/14/13 11:41 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

In my case the hard and fast answer to your question is no.  I have identified certain foods that have the potential to trigger an attack but that does not mean that they will, especially if only consumed on occasion.  I do go easy on the four "C"s - Coffee, Chocolate, Cheese and Citrus fruits, especially whilst in the loop.  I have also had strong suspicions about wheat but they were proved wrong when I eliminated wheat from my diet (surprisingly difficult to fully achieve) and still had attacks.  For a while I was blaming cigarette smoking for my pain but I quit cigarettes a few years ago and last year was my worst year for migraine.  I would be very interested to learn a little more about the practicalities of your non-food removal regime as it sounds as if it could be quite difficult to maintain, not to mention pricey?  Can you elaborate a little on the ease (or not) of achieving what you describe?  I have been treated by two neurologists, one of whom was familiar with psychedelic therapy.  They both told me that although sufferers tend to search for a cause, including diet, lifestyle etc, ultimately this is just my chemistry, my biology and that the best tactic is to accept that as a fact and find coping strategies - whatever works for me. Perhaps the best description offered to me was that these pains are "complex and mysterious brain events that medical science is yet to fully understand"...

Cheers and have a great day!

joe

--------------------

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

#18263614 - 05/14/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I've changed my diet. The only food trigger I have is alcohol. I can drink it but I can't drink as much as others otherwise it will induce a migraine. My main trigger is the weather. I can't cut that out of my life unless I live in a bubble = /

Offline10KOysters
Food Cultivator
    #18266682 - 05/15/13 12:04 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

All evidence I've come across points to 'migraines' being a common symptom of a huge number of possible issues.  Everyone reading up on it should pretty much agree on that. 

Each person seems to have specific triggers, even some who have been unable to identify any at all.  The most difficult to determine are those that have a time-delay in them.

Eating food with no chems or highly processed stuff?  Expensive.  All the moderately to cheaply priced food is full of synthetic and highly modified ingredients. Learning what's ok, not ok and excellent for yourself takes time.  Cutting all those chemicals out of your diet is like quitting opiates or nicotine.

Making your own food because you don't have the cash to buy real food. That takes a lot of time.

The payoff?  Never felt better, slept better (or shorter) or performed better in my life.  It's like putting high-octane fuel in your car for the first time.

Every person I've run into that has health issues/challenges has significantly benefited from choosing their foods this way.

Considering the amount of pain and suffering I've watched people go through, I can't imagine not taking the time to at least try it for a few months.  I know some of those chemicals have a _significant_ impact on my mental function, even if that impact doesn't translate in to a migraine for me, others I don't think are so lucky.

Peace

--------------------

Offlineslowmo-joe

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: 10KOysters]
    #18267093 - 05/15/13 02:15 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, very interesting and definitely worth further investigation.  Clearly this isn't simply buying different food.  It impacts on both finances and time - precious commodities in the context of family life.  You rightly say that "migraines [are] a common symptom of a huge number of possible issues" and therein lies the problem.  As I stated before, it is a mystery and for some it can be impossible to identify the "possible issues", again and especially as you so rightly point out, when a time delay is a factor.  For most of us it comes down to the simple fact that in order to be a good spouse/parent/functioning member of society, priority number one is to be pain free and thus able to actually perform our various roles.  Above, migraineur says that the weather can be a major trigger and this not uncommon for us.  Atmospheric conditions can and do play a major role in migraine behaviour.  When The season's change comes around it is like I have an internal barometer which activates migraine.  My kingdom for a weather machine! 

Thanks again for raising a very interesting and valid point.  I will make more research on this subject.

Cheers!

--------------------

Offline10KOysters
Food Cultivator
    #18268199 - 05/15/13 11:01 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

slowmo-joe said: For most of us it comes down to the simple fact that in order to be a good spouse/parent/functioning member of society, priority number one is to be pain free and thus able to actually perform our various roles.

Exactly!  Anyone who's dealt with pain on a regular basis is too well aware of this. :frown:

Quote:

slowmo-joe said: Above, migraineur says that the weather can be a major trigger and this not uncommon for us.  Atmospheric conditions can and do play a major role in migraine behaviour.  When The season's change comes around it is like I have an internal barometer which activates migraine.  My kingdom for a weather machine!

Very interesting. 

I have joint/back pain that used to respond to weather also.  Would you be interested to know that it stopped when I stopped eating artificial and highly processed foods?  I used to wake up in the morning and be able to tell if we had weather come in overnight, without looking outside first.  Can't do that anymore.

I'm hijacking this thread ;(

Peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules