Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBallerium
Little Black Spot on the Sun
Female User Gallery

Loc: GA
Anyone heard of Crystal T?
    #13708021 - 12/30/10 08:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was talking to my dad the other day about weed, and he mentioned this stuff he used to take in the 70's called Crystal T. According to him, Crystal T was yellow tablets of pure THC, synthetic or not, he wasn't sure.

I did a search and found one thread about Crystal T, but I think it must have been locked because I couldn't post in it. Anyway, the majority of people in that thread said it was a dissociative, most likely PCP.

Was there even such a thing as pure THC in a pill form that was popular back then? Or was it probably PCP all along and my dad was just mistaken?

--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStroup
Psychotic
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: Ballerium]
    #13708059 - 12/30/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The one if heard of was in a cube form, it was pretty much compressed keif. It wasnt called Crystal T though, it was called a "T Cube" .. I didnt get it, cause I'm old fashioned and enjoy sitting in my car with a pipe and music.

--------------------
Beatles rock band .. ON acid

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #13708095 - 12/30/10 08:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

About a week ago I was talking to a guy I work with whos about 40-45.  He was telling me how in HS he was always fucked up on THC.  I assumed he was talking about weed, but he said they had these little pills of pure THC called T's, you could pop snort or even IV them.  I was really suprised that I hadnt heard of them before, only THC pill i knew of was marinol

InvisibleBallerium
Female User Gallery

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: feevers]
    #13708122 - 12/30/10 08:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I thought it was strange too for it to be in a pill form. And from what I heard, it was pretty damn good too. I don't understand why it wouldn't still be around though, if it was.

--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
    #13709560 - 12/31/10 12:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0505/mg0505.html

Look at that and scroll down to the green "thai tabs"

Maybe that's them!

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
    #13710203 - 12/31/10 05:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i have always heard of crystal t being PCP...

the stories about pure thc pills that some snorted or injected sound like pure bullshit.  i know a lot of older guys that talk about the good ole days and have ridiculous stories about things i cannot find any evidence about other than their silly stories.

it is pretty common knowledge that the pills containing thc that are around right now (marinol) are not nearly as effective as smoking weed.  when you smoke weed you are getting a whole lot more than just THC but marinol only has thc and therefore does not have as much to offer.  i would be skeptical of anyone claiming that THC pills are amazing or better than weed.  also THC is not water soluble so snorting and injecting is pretty much hilarious.

old people like that just want to make it seem like back then was the best and we know nothing about it today...truth is they are just old farts who dont really know what they are talking about and feel excited to captivate a young mind with their stories of back then.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #13710221 - 12/31/10 06:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Weed is better now than back in the day.
If you had today's marinol back then, it'd be killer stuff.

I had heard of THC pills in the 80's, never saw one and don't know what's in them.
But it seems plausible to me.

Off topic for this thread: What happened to Crystal G?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: Doc_T]
    #13710266 - 12/31/10 06:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

great weed is better nowadays but it is still highly unlikely that a pill with only THC would be a lot better than smoking some decent midgrade and they definitely had that back then.  smoking weed has lots of other cannabinoids regardless of the quality...taking a good amount of the thc pills may be better than smoking some dirt weed but there have never been pills that are just loaded with thc or easy to get totally blazed on...they are made to be just enough to give therapeutic effects without getting you high and always have been.

studies definitely show that they do not compare to good old ganja.

like i said tho i dont doubt that the pills existed or that they even took them...it just seems exaggerated.

crystal g was one of my favorites back when i joined here...she was fucking NUTS...she probably ODed tho sadly...

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #13710311 - 12/31/10 07:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot13 said: decent midgrade and they definitely had that back then.

Yeah we did, I miss that stuff.

The pills could have been natural weed extract of some sort.
There certainly was legit pharmaceutical research from the 60's on.
I don't know what they used, but pills aren't impossible.

I doubt it was PCP, those old hippies knew what weed was.
But without a time machine, no way to really tell.

--------------------

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

#13710357 - 12/31/10 07:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i dont think many would confuse pcp pills with thc pills but i have heard of crystal t before and in that case it was meant as pcp.

and yeah the pills could have been like that...i was thinking like pharm only but i guess its possible that someone could make weed pills in a clandestine lab..i doubt you would make much profit tho and they would still be around today if they were common and made money..cant find any evidence of a pharm company developing any kinds of pills with anything other than low dose thc tho.

haha i know it sounds harsh but i really have heard story after story from some older dudes that i listened to and said were cool only to LOL to myself later...it really seemed as if they had bullshitted about it so much that they actually believed every word....i just think they really miss their youth and want it to be special and like sharing with todays younger crowd....nice old hippies but not always so bright or informed haha.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

#13711229 - 12/31/10 12:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Weed is better now than back in the day.
If you had today's marinol back then, it'd be killer stuff.

I had heard of THC pills in the 80's, never saw one and don't know what's in them.
But it seems plausible to me.

Off topic for this thread: What happened to Crystal G?

Not more than a year ago, an archaeological dig in China unearthed a large container of cannabis, grinded down into powder; over 2 pounds worth. The dig site was a grave of a religious figure (priest) and healer.

The site was over 2300 years old if I recall correctly, and due to the depth of the structure he was housed in and the natural elements around the area, his body and belongings were preserved as if he was mummified. The cannabis was analyzed and had a THC content of over 15%. This evidence was the first REAL evidence of cultivation of medicinal cannabis, aka, taking extra time and care to separately grow the female buds as opposed to the male plant used for its fibers.

Anyone who tells you there was not dank weed in America in the 60's, 70's, or 80's is just plain wrong. With care taken during cultivation and the natural elements, the best cannabis can be produced.

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #13711279 - 12/31/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In case you guys want to see this, I found the entire published journal for you all :smile:

The Yanghai Tombs near Turpan, Xinjiang-Uighur Autonomous Region, China, 2700-year-old grave of a Caucasoid shaman

"The results presented collectively point to the most probable conclusion which is that the Gūshī culture cultivated cannabis for pharmaceutical, psychoactive or divinatory purposes. In examining the botanical evidence from this ‘old and cold’ site with its unique degree of preservation, the cannabis consisted of a processed (pounded) sample whose seed size, colour, and morphology, at least according to principles of Vavilov (Vavilov, 1926), suggest that it was cultivated rather than merely gathered from wild plants. The considerable amount of cannabis present (789 g) without any large stalks or branches would logically imply a pooled collection rather than one from a single plant. Importantly, no obvious male cannabis plant parts (e.g. staminate flowers, not infrequently observed in Indian herbal cannabis, or bhang (Russo, 2007) were evident, implying their exclusion or possible removal by human intervention, as these are pharmacologically less psychoactive.

The HPLC, GC, and MS analyses confirm the identity of the supplied plant sample as Cannabis sativa L. The predominance of CBN indicates that the original plants contained Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as the major phytocannabinoid constituent. The presence of CBO and numerous CBN-related substance peaks further supports this view. CBD and CBC, together with their known thermo-oxidative degradation products CBE and CBL (Brenneisen, 2007), are present, but the GC analysis would appear to indicate that, in both cases, CBC and CBL are represented in greater quantities, as expected in a high-THC cannabis strain wherein CBD is only a minor component. In addition, there is a peak for CBNV which confirms that the plant also contained Δ9-tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), a propyl phytocannabinoid. All of these observations are consistent with strains of cannabis with a high THC content and in an alternative taxonomy suggests it should be assigned to Cannabis indica Lamarck (Hillig and Mahlberg, 2004). "

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: LongStrangeTrip] * 1
    #13711389 - 12/31/10 01:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said: Anyone who tells you there was not dank weed in America in the 60's, 70's, or 80's is just plain wrong. With care taken during cultivation and the natural elements, the best cannabis can be produced.

We called it "kind bud", even in the 80's.
And the best from back then was as good as anything I've had recently.
But the usual stuff wasn't like that, it was mid-grade by today's standards.
Good, delicious, green sticky buds from Northern California. Every day herb, BITD.

Once I ran into some authentic Thai Stick. That was an experience I won't forget.
$50 an eighth in those days would be like maybe $150-200 an eighth today.
Worth every cent. An amazing incredible experience.

You know the Freak Brothers episode with the thai stick? It was just like that.  :bigweed:

But none of this gets us any closer to knowing what was in those pills.

--------------------

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

#13711459 - 12/31/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said: Anyone who tells you there was not dank weed in America in the 60's, 70's, or 80's is just plain wrong. With care taken during cultivation and the natural elements, the best cannabis can be produced.

We called it "kind bud", even in the 80's.
And the best from back then was as good as anything I've had recently.
But the usual stuff wasn't like that, it was mid-grade by today's standards.
Good, delicious, green sticky buds from Northern California. Every day herb, BITD.

Once I ran into some authentic Thai Stick. That was an experience I won't forget.
$50 an eighth in those days would be like maybe $150-200 an eighth today.
Worth every cent. An amazing incredible experience.

You know the Freak Brothers episode with the thai stick? It was just like that.  :bigweed:

But none of this gets us any closer to knowing what was in those pills.

Lucky bastard :retawed:

--------------------

InvisibleBallerium
Female User Gallery

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #13711501 - 12/31/10 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Mmm thai sticks..that's another thing my dad was reminiscing about in that conversation. They sounded delicious :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13711537 - 12/31/10 01:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen exactly two thai sticks.
I don't have any idea how they got to So Cal in the summer of 1985, but I was happy to see them.
Wrapped around a little bamboo stick with fibers, red-brown, sticky, smelled like hash.
Astonishingly stony, and yes we were experienced stoners. Expanded when you smoked it, a tiny little bit made a huge cloud of smoke.

And the high... if you haven't read that Freak Brothers story, go find it.
The pics are worth a thousand words each.

--------------------

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
    #15030050 - 09/04/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ballerium said:
I was talking to my dad the other day about weed, and he mentioned this stuff he used to take in the 70's called Crystal T. According to him, Crystal T was yellow tablets of pure THC, synthetic or not, he wasn't sure.

I did a search and found one thread about Crystal T, but I think it must have been locked because I couldn't post in it. Anyway, the majority of people in that thread said it was a dissociative, most likely PCP.

Was there even such a thing as pure THC in a pill form that was popular back then? Or was it probably PCP all along and my dad was just mistaken?

if it was crystals then it wasn't thc since thc occurs as a resinous oil, i have been told it cannot be iv'd due to this.

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

Offlinehedge
Stranger
    #15034549 - 09/05/11 07:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes Chrystal T was good and it wasn't PCP/Angeldust I have done them both the high was totally different then PCP. Chrystal T you needed very little to get high, the high made you feel like when you walked you floated :laugh: the high lasted at least 7-8 hours depending on the amount you did, recommended dose at the time 70's one or two small Chrystal's.
    More then recommended dose one time I did more then 30x or more then recommended dose by accident and the high was immediate was high for 3 days straight and that was an experience I will never forget :laugh:
    Where as PCP knocks you on your ass and basically your fucked depending the amount you did of PCP.
    So yes Chrystal T did exist but not long :frown: it was one of the best highs you would ever experience. Glad to read someone on this thread got his hand on thai sticks very good high :smile:
    One thing I have to disagree with is the weed today is stronger then the weed in 60's and 70's did you ever try Panama Red ???? Black African ???? Acapulco Gold ???? Yes the weed of today is good but doesn't compare to Panama Red, Black African, Acapulco Gold :laugh:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: hedge]
    #15034559 - 09/05/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hedge said:
Yes Chrystal T was good and it wasn't PCP/Angeldust I have done them both the high was totally different then PCP. Chrystal T you needed very little to get high, the high made you feel like when you walked you floated :laugh: the high lasted at least 7-8 hours depending on the amount you did, recommended dose at the time 70's one or two small Chrystal's.
    More then recommended dose one time I did more then 30x or more then recommended dose by accident and the high was immediate was high for 3 days straight and that was an experience I will never forget :laugh:
    Where as PCP knocks you on your ass and basically your fucked depending the amount you did of PCP.
    So yes Chrystal T did exist but not long :frown: it was one of the best highs you would ever experience. Glad to read someone on this thread got his hand on thai sticks very good high :smile:
    One thing I have to disagree with is the weed today is stronger then the weed in 60's and 70's did you ever try Panama Red ???? Black African ???? Acapulco Gold ???? Yes the weed of today is good but doesn't compare to Panama Red, Black African, Acapulco Gold :laugh:

i always hear panama red and acapulco gold being mentioned from the old smokers from the 70s, ALWAYS. It really musta been some good shit huh?

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

Re: Anyone heard of Crystal T? [Re: Sheekle]
    #15034703 - 09/05/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

a guy I know used to sell Match head T in the 70s as pure thc but it was in reality pcp

never heard it called crystal T

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order