Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: GGTBod] * 1
    #13627396 - 12/13/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GGTBod said:
The experiences i wrote about were 10 years ago for me. I have even had the pleasure of causing serious physical injury to the man who caused me to be a victim (i done this for my mother not for me but i cant say i didnt enjoy it).

These days I trip about once a month on either psilocybes, trichocereus or Peyote and alternating between those i often have a good night smoking N,N-DMT 40mg every 2 hours till dawn, but these are more about keeping in touch with my soul and my subconcious brain.

I have tried hynotherapy twice and they could not make me go under, i was devasted cos i really believed that shit worked back then, I even tried going on stage once for a stage hypnotist and he could not make me go under either

Your own language betrays you. Hypnotists do not "make" you go into somnambulism, we guide you there. You challenged them then, as you continue to do in the present by your honest language. There is only one obstacle besides a Benzodiazepine habit that has prevented me from taking someone into a hypnotic state - FEAR. I routinely hypnotize entire classes of 6th or 7th grade students, and I have been doing this for over 20 years, only I call it "Progressive Relaxation," to avoid the problem I'd have from performing a psychological treatment of minors without parental consent. In every class I've ever done this with, there are an average of 3 students who refuse to follow my simple directions. I ask all involved not to disturb the other kids, not to make noise, but I respect their decisions not to do the activity. For these kids, the simple act of closing their eyes without the intention of going to sleep causes them alarm. Some are Conduct Disordered or Oppositional Defiant Disordered (O.D.D.!) who will sit if you tell them to stand, and vice-versa. Others are probably prodromal psychotics who know intuitively that a shift of consciousness would not go well, but by-and-large (as my high school sociology teacher used to say), the reason is fear - fear of novelty, fear of the unknown, fear of authority, fear of the dark.

Stage hypnotism is no different, but not the lace for hypnotherapy. Hypnosis, like drugs, can be used therapeutically or recreationally.
I use the simple definition of the late great Dave Elman:
"Hypnosis is a state of mind in which the critical faculty of the human is bypassed, and selective thinking established."
The 'tricks' of hypnosis are to bypass the critical, analytical faculty, which is done by countless different techniques which are intended to momentarily confuse this aspect of the egoic-mind. Trust is necessary for a client to allow me to do this with him/her. Trust is the first of Erik Erikson's Psychosocial Stages, which occurs or doesn't, at just a few months of life. The developmental crisis of that early stage is "Trust vs. Mistrust." Mistrust translates into primal fear. If a rapport cannot be established, trust cannot be established (in infancy or in adulthood), and trance will not happen. I do my best to establish trust, especially with females: they meet the Lady of the house first, I offer a light blanket for females, and I ask permission to lift a client's wrist to check for limpness, or to tap them on the hand. I've worked with young kids to elderly people, and I remember only an 84 year old Benzo addict not being able to go into trance. Mind you, I have those who refuse to go past a certain point in hypnotic regression, and I back away and take them out of the state. Like radioactive waste, some memories are just too toxic and are best left buried for life. The Dave Elman Induction is my regular tool. It takes me maybe 6-7 minutes to establish trance. Then I use deepening techniques. I have never established the Esdaile State however - hypnotic coma. Limb amputations have been well documented by using this, with no pain and minimal bleeding. There are things our bodies can do in trance that they could not do by mere will-power: bodily rigidity, non-swelling with 3rd degree burns, purposeful catatonia, for example.

It's not the hypnosis that is at question, it is the fear of the client. It might also be the skill and confidence of the hypnotist too, but any amount of fear or trepidation, and one defends oneself by challenging the hypnotist. This is opposite the state of willing consent. Lastly, (and this goes out to Icelander too) hypnosis is not a matter of belief, it is a series of graded states of consciousness that we generally call the subconscious - that twilight zone beneath waking and above unconsciousness, where emotions are trapped in a timeless state, and where mind and body interface. I'll flash my notebook in a class that has 'Yawn' on one side, and 'Yawn Now' written on the other. Within 30 seconds, half the kids are yawning. And that's just waking suggestion! The trick is to isolate the subconscious and make it 'figure,' instead of 'ground.' The awareness has to be focused in a narrow band of awareness, excluding the 5 senses of the waking state, the critical faculty (sense and reason), and also exclude the unconsciousness of sleep. It's bringing up Alpha and Theta waves, while depressing Beta and Delta waves, respectively. It's obviously not a panacea, but it is curative of many things. I specialize in just a few.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (12/14/10 05:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGGTBod
Bod
Male User Gallery

Loc: 55 degrees north England
Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #13627425 - 12/13/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I totally agree with you, on all occassions what stopped me relaxing and going with it was I did not trust the person who was performing the hypnosis

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: Icelander]
    #13627569 - 12/13/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Same here. A trained certified hypnotherapist couldn't put me under.  That's why I'm not sure I believe in it.

An elderly neighbor of your's perhaps? They sure could fuck with ya back in the day. I wish they'd stop calling it "sleep." Hypnosis isn't sleep. How does one answer a question "Are you sound asleep" if you're sound asleep?!

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: GGTBod]
    #13627621 - 12/13/10 05:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GGTBod said:
I totally agree with you, on all occassions what stopped me relaxing and going with it was I did not trust the person who was performing the hypnosis

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #13627762 - 12/13/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No but do have another friend who is a hypnotherapist, counselor, rebirther, etc. :lol:

Really messed up dude. :satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Loc: off the wall
    #13628365 - 12/13/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

GGTBod said:

OfflineKalebC
Person Face :P
Male

Loc: Minnesota
Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: GGTBod]
    #13792668 - 01/15/11 06:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I love it!  Thanks for sharing, it's very inspirational to me.

OfflineGGTBod
Bod
Male User Gallery

Loc: 55 degrees north England
Re: My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy [Re: KalebC]
    #13795330 - 01/16/11 05:05 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Cheers Kaleb, it's great that it makes sense to more people than just myself, it took quite a bit out of me writing it down but I am really glad I did because until then it was just in my head and in several discussions me and my brother had on the subject about what we had experienced.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale