Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYou Agree
Male

Loc: Flag
Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man.
    #13453790 - 11/08/10 03:25 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

The comedowns from these have been getting worse and worse. I took 60mg of vyvanse this morning, first dose in a week and felt great until about 12:30 when shit really started :feelsbadman:

I've done vyvanse so many times that I can deal with the comedown to some extent and I know the feelings of it aren't permanent but still it fucking blows.

Any suggestions or things to eat/drink that cause the comedown to be less despairing?

--------------------
PCP:heart: - LSD:thumbup: - DMT:nonono: - Shrooms - ketamine:thumbup: - Meth:eek: - Heroin - Methoxetamine - MDA - 5-MeO-DMT - Mescaline - Foxy - Indopan - DPT - Kratom - MDPV - Marinol - DOM - Bromo-DragonFLY - 2c-i - 2c-t-2 - Methcathinone - Kava

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecraigy93
Flowing Away
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: You Agree]
    #13453800 - 11/08/10 03:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I HATE the comdedown on vyvanse! Holy shit it's terrible I still haven't found anything to make it more bearable :crankey:

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:  :trippinbawelz:    :trippinbawelz:

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #13453827 - 11/08/10 03:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

my neighbor takes vyvanse

Invisibleblewmeanie
Sativa Cyborg
 User Gallery

Loc: Jacksonville FL Flag
    #13453834 - 11/08/10 03:36 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

All you can really do is go to sleep.

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13453864 - 11/08/10 03:43 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, vyvanse has the mildest come down out of any amphetamine I've ever taken. Adderall makes me want to rip my hair out it's so bad, but with vyvanse it's like a mild melancholy.
Also I would usually take 70mg's of vyvanse, and it would last all day till I went to sleep.

--------------------

Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlinecraigy93
Flowing Away
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #13453920 - 11/08/10 03:58 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rabidbaboon said:
Damn, vyvanse has the mildest come down out of any amphetamine I've ever taken. Adderall makes me want to rip my hair out it's so bad, but with vyvanse it's like a mild melancholy.
Also I would usually take 70mg's of vyvanse, and it would last all day till I went to sleep.

shit it's almost the exact opposite for me...weird

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:  :trippinbawelz:    :trippinbawelz:

InvisibleEnpo
OneGodOneTree

Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: craigy93]
    #13454084 - 11/08/10 04:36 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really feel anything mentally, I just can't fall asleep after I've taken it.

--------------------
ME OWl AND MY EYES GO GREEN
Dark as night I can't be seen!

OfflineYou Agree
Male

Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: craigy93]
    #13454199 - 11/08/10 05:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

craigy93 said:
Quote:

Rabidbaboon said:

shit it's almost the exact opposite for me...weird

Yeah same here, Adderall never gave me a harsh comedown. I usually take 60 milligrams of vyvanse and it only lasts five to eight hours and the comedown beats the shit out of me, I hardly dare to take more than 90mg now. I had a psychotic episode the last time I took 180mg and came down off of it, punching myself, crying, constantly thinking about killing myself, it was utter despair. Vyvanse really can't be taken carelessly. You need to plan it out so you don't start feeling like dying and being filled with frustration at everything when you're around people who thought you where in a sociable and glowing mood only an hour or so ago.

Adderall usually just makes me tired and weak, the comedown doesn't linger as long as vyvanse. Vyvanse fucks with my mind. It is really by far in my opinion one of the worst if not the worst stimulant to come down off of, that being lysine bonded dextroamphetamine. Cocaine doesn't bum me out even as bad as this. But it's also the best stimulant to have a boost of confidence and social ability with a hint of euphoria and a surprisingly large increase of physical performance. That is, in part, where some of my comedown troubles stem from. I don't use vyvanse solely to treat a condition, I don't use it solely for recreational purposes. I use it as a recreational drug (for the euphoria), a treatment (it alleviates my strange thought patterns and lack of motivation beyond my wildest dreams). I also use it as, most problematically, a personality modifier which is a huge butterfly effect of a problem. I take it and I become socially outgoing, I become capable of upholding conversation without being my awkward self, I feel confidence, I am very talkative and friendly.

This behaviour in the short term puts me on the receiving end of all the hugs I want and causes me to be (allegedly) much more noticeable to the opposite sex. In the long run it makes people who don't know I do way to much amphetamines think that I am always a shining and outgoing person; people around me begin to expect such a high level of performance from me and I often deter people that don't know me well when I am such a nice person to them one day and then the next day I am just my awkward and very underachieving self. People who see me on vyvanse think I'm such a happy person when in reality I am a depressed and frequently misunderstood, this has gotten so bad that certain individuals in my life think I'm sober when I'm on vyvanse and I'm on some kind of drug when I'm sober. I crave to have actual understanding from another human being and I use vyvanse to boost my sociability and work toward that goal but I also bury myself while I'm on it because the people who I talk to don't see my true self, they see a very nice and happy person but they are just talking to a drug. A drug that has taken hold of a person they don't know and they think of me as a happy person. They don't recognise how miserably fucked up my life is and how unbalanced of a person I really am despite my drug induced fake personality.

This drug will be the death of me. It solves all my problems but it makes them all worse.
:noose:

I drank a coffee now I'm going to force myself to eat something, I really wish I had an instrument I like to play right now, for me the only thing that helps me kick the vyvanse blues is fiddling with a guitar for a few hours and singing about whatever to my hearts content or just writing. It takes my mind off the pain to put it on paper; that's exactly what I did here, I spent about a little over an hour writing all of this and I'm sure 90% of it is irrelevant background information.

TL;DR
I'm butthurt from taking too many amphetamines and I proceed to vent about my life.

--------------------
PCP:heart: - LSD:thumbup: - DMT:nonono: - Shrooms - ketamine:thumbup: - Meth:eek: - Heroin - Methoxetamine - MDA - 5-MeO-DMT - Mescaline - Foxy - Indopan - DPT - Kratom - MDPV - Marinol - DOM - Bromo-DragonFLY - 2c-i - 2c-t-2 - Methcathinone - Kava

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
    #13454209 - 11/08/10 05:06 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

everytime i take amps, the comedown gets worse and worse. I'm at the point where I need 4mg of xanax and 3 bowls to deal with it.

I was looking into this a while ago and searched google and the shroomery for methamphetamine come down tips. theres more info on meth comedowns and I figure it has to be similar (albeit more dramatic).

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

OfflineYou Agree
Male

Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #13454256 - 11/08/10 05:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
everytime i take amps, the comedown gets worse and worse. I'm at the point where I need 4mg of xanax and 3 bowls to deal with it.

I was looking into this a while ago and searched google and the shroomery for methamphetamine come down tips. theres more info on meth comedowns and I figure it has to be similar (albeit more dramatic).

I would love to have a xanax or any benzo when I'm coming down. It seems like it would really help but it would probably cause me to take more vyvanse more often since I have a method to make the comedown bearable. That would lead to me consuming more benzos and probably just blow my problem through the roof with tolerance and strengthen my psychological dependence to vyvanse even more. I could easily see that, for me at least, getting to the point where I would need a high dose of vyvanse every day and I would need a high dose of benzos every evening.

--------------------

Offlinextokex
Stranger
Loc: SoCal
    #13454262 - 11/08/10 05:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

IMO vyvanse comedown is pretty interesting in how you perceive things.
In my experiences the only really bad part is how your body becomes extremely achy and fatigued like 8 or 10 hours after you take it.
Yeah you can get unreasonably depressed, but it's pretty easy to ignore it by watching TV or something.

At the same time random stuff, like a song you heard 100 times before, can become the most beautifully orgasmic thing you have ever sensed.

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
    #13454360 - 11/08/10 05:36 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You Agree said:
Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

I would love to have a xanax or any benzo when I'm coming down. It seems like it would really help but it would probably cause me to take more vyvanse more often since I have a method to make the comedown bearable. That would lead to me consuming more benzos and probably just blow my problem through the roof with tolerance and strengthen my psychological dependence to vyvanse even more. I could easily see that, for me at least, getting to the point where I would need a high dose of vyvanse every day and I would need a high dose of benzos every evening.

no, trust me. the comedown still sucks. benzo's just help. its like breaking a bone and taking opiates for it. it still hurts, but...just kinda helps you forget about it a little.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Edited by StaleShrooms (11/08/10 05:37 PM)

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
    #13454398 - 11/08/10 05:45 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

i used to take vyvanse....comedown got worse and worse for me too.

i just stopped taking the shit...i know that taking a benzo with it would help so much tho.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineYou Agree
Male

Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: xtokex]
    #13454614 - 11/08/10 06:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

xtokex said:
IMO vyvanse comedown is pretty interesting in how you perceive things.
In my experiences the only really bad part is how your body becomes extremely achy and fatigued like 8 or 10 hours after you take it.
Yeah you can get unreasonably depressed, but it's pretty easy to ignore it by watching TV or something.

At the same time random stuff, like a song you heard 100 times before, can become the most beautifully orgasmic thing you have ever sensed.

I agree it is a strange emotion. For me I just get despairingly depressed during the comedown plus the standard frizzle fried feeling that all amphetamines give me. It's not giving a fuck about anything, being overly annoyed by everything and seeing absolutely no hope in anything at the same time. Adderall never makes me so fragile and depressed, it just makes me hate everything minus the sadness. Vyvanse can transmute the comedown into either rage and loathing of everything or intense sadness, it's a form of frustration that my body doesn't know how to let out. My mind is too fogged to reason with the irritability, not like I would anyway. It's just extreme over-sensitivity to emotion. It amplifies my dominant emotions, those being either anger or sadness, the comedown turns them into rage and despair.

It seems like anything that isn't normally taken for granted is the kind of stuff that helps on a vyvanse comedown but everything that is taken for granted becomes an annoyance.

--------------------

OfflineVrykolaka
Stranger
    #14028348 - 02/26/11 01:49 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Really sorry to necro an old thread but I just felt compelled to respond to this user. I know exactly how you feel. I myself am in the same predicament of masking my insecurities and social awkwardness with amps. It's not much of a silver lining but I just wanted to post and let you know your not alone. We are all in this life together and I hope your doing better since it's been a few months time.

Also more relevant to the thread, after a horrific comedown off adderall I never take any amphetamines without benzos or some sort of blood pressure medication nearby. I find clonidine helps take care of some of the chest tightness and head pounding. Beta blockers are also pretty good i.e inderall.

Offlinemescalinician
orbiting earth
 User Gallery

#14028512 - 02/26/11 02:31 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man...I read your entire post there.

Sounds like you're having a pretty tough time. Just wanted to say hang in there and good vibes to you :thumbup::sunny::psychsplit:

--------------------

:awecid:

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: mescalinician]
    #14028535 - 02/26/11 02:36 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hey OP, I feel you completely seeing how I used to take that shit daily as prescribed (for ADHD). It did help a LOT with paying attention and raising grades, but just like all the other amps I had been prescribed I stopped taking them due to the horrendous comedowns.

As for having the comedowns get worse and worse, I wonder if that has to do with the continuous forced release of dopamine? When I was deep into opiates I was told in rehab it would take at least 9 months on average to get natural enjoyment releases again; that all the artificial releases of dopamine had trained my body to stop releasing it naturally during activities such as exercise and etc. It was true though, because no matter how hard I worked out I didn't get that feel-good feeling until 9+ months had passed.

Not going to confirm that with links or anything - just posting it as a possibility :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: dwtk]
    #15914640 - 03/07/12 05:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah vyvanse comedown sucks, I only took 40mg and I feel like shit at about 8 hours in. When I was on it, I felt great and wonder why I never take it. Now the come down and I remember why.

Also these things can cause long term changes in perception and mental function due to the raised dopamine levels.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: Legend]
    #15914653 - 03/07/12 06:03 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I use benzos to skip comedowns all together.

I usually start with 20mg, and eat 5mg booster doses every hour or so, and then stop about 4 hours before bed.  When things start slowing down, I eat some benzos and ambien with melatonin and benadryl and alcohol, and I sleep through the comedown. 

Wouldn't do it any other way.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clich├ęs.

OfflineSalomon
DAT IRONY
Male

Loc: I dont even care anymore
Re: Vyvanse comedown... feels bad man. [Re: BothHands]
    #15914691 - 03/07/12 06:12 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

vyvanse is a shitty stimulant, to me.

buy FYI this is a year old thread

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Community >> The Pub