Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Meditation vs. Weed
    #13429136 - 11/03/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Given the choice which would you rather?  Smoke unlimited weed everyday at a low price monetery wise or be able to reach deep states of meditation every day as part sacrifice you cant smoke often.

:thirdeyeani:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: skatealex2]
    #13429160 - 11/03/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Meditation sober is incomparable, it wins hands down ime

Weed can give me pretty cool visions if i smoke before meditation though, meditation also increases & stretches out the high

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: Chronic7]
    #13429184 - 11/03/10 02:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

meditation for sure

i smoked weed the other night for the first time in a year or so and entered a very very blissful meditative state throughout the high, but afterwards i was all tired and groggy and didn't sleep as well, then the next day i was a little hazy. i decided i don't like the whole up and down-ness of the high, i like the sober middle way heh

marijuana seems to make certain truths more 'real' and vibrant though, so i think it could have it's place for sure, but i don't feel this is worth the up and down of the thing for me personally

--------------------

Offlinemoi
Stranger

#13429203 - 11/03/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if i wouldn't build tolerance to THC, i'd probably take the weed. but i have never reached deep states of meditation. maybe it's better than weed... no idea :frown:

if the choice is between reaching deep states while sitting still and having unlimited fun on weed... well.. i'm just too much of a hedonist. you can't do much good to anyone while sitting still. to me, this is a diseased way of spiritual living, but i know other people see it completely oppositely. like the buddha boy, who wants to rescue the world by fighting spirits while meditating, or something like that :lol: ... i do way much more good to people when i'm high than when i'm sitting in meditation.

but if i can keep the "deep states" while living my normal life... it might compare to the weed high. in that case i'd choose being a meditation pro.

Edited by moi (11/03/10 02:29 PM)

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: moi]
    #13429302 - 11/03/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Everytime I smoke, I get too much thoughts and/or get paranoid. Some highs are nice, like 'getting it' but not completely.
Meditation is like direct, pure understanding, while weed is intellectual, from the side.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #13429451 - 11/03/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

like the buddha boy, who wants to rescue the world by fighting spirits while meditating, or something like that

where did you hear this was his plan? do you have a link by chance, i'm very interested.

i could use his help on that one haha :undecided:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #13429650 - 11/03/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

meditation:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: Icelander]
    #13429689 - 11/03/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Meditation is Ultimate, it gets to the root. Weed only stimulates, and is fun, but there is no really benefit cause the high goes away.

Offlinemoi
Stranger

Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: deff]
    #13429757 - 11/03/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
Quote:

like the buddha boy, who wants to rescue the world by fighting spirits while meditating, or something like that

where did you hear this was his plan? do you have a link by chance, i'm very interested.

i could use his help on that one haha :undecided:

sorry, i think i completely misstated what he actually said. i'm such a jerk :frown:. my only source was the thread on the shroomery. i'm sure you saw everything i saw.

InvisibleChronic7
    #13429796 - 11/03/10 04:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

On this note, meditating is more helpful to the world than you could possibly imagine

This entire universe & its worlds are sculpted by subtle energies, the energies that are free'd up when you meditate bring immense change to the world, look at what humans create, everything we have ever created started with a thought which is a subtle form of energy.

Imagine if everyone on this entire planet meditated for an hour everyday...

--------------------

Offlinemoi
Stranger

#13429870 - 11/03/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i think the energies that substances like tryptamines and THC give me also open people's hearts. i do more good when i'm stoned than when i'm meditating. maybe meditating is a better long term plan, but so far weed and shrooms did an awesome job. but i just started meditating daily. let's see how this turns out.

i'm sure you know what i'm talking about, right? what's your opinion? i'm really curious.

imagine everyone in the world had some good shroom trips!

Edited by moi (11/03/10 04:36 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#13429932 - 11/03/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

weed never worked for me, so it's an easy call. meditation

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleChronic7
    #13429978 - 11/03/10 04:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I loved mushrooms for a good couple years, they can be very very tremendous meditation tools but they are rarely used in that way, even myself i'd usually end up playing music or watching some nature program, or going out in nature.

Sitting still for an entire trip or doing the lights out in total darkness is very powerful, but hardly anyone does it, people say they use it as an entheogen but most of its just bullshit they just wanna get fucked up, and thats cool, i've been there, im just saying... if your serious about connecting to the source, then all you need is you, as you are the source.

I am very very much looking forward to my next mushroom trip though :mushroom2:
I want a month of no blazing first though, which is kinda fitting for this thread

--------------------

Offlinemoi
Stranger

#13430087 - 11/03/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i like these substances best at low dose around other people, because i start to be so open-hearted that it opens everyone else's heart too. that's the energies i was talking about. maybe meditating brings along similar effects :shrug:

still, all these substances aren't ultimately satisfying. something is always lacking. i gotta find the truth :sherlock: ... but i do think a good 24/7 high would solve my problems :lol:

Invisiblebigmike7104
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: USA Flag
    #13430110 - 11/03/10 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have only just started meditating, but it's still a tough decision. There's at least a 100 benefits from meditating you can see from typing into google, but the same time being high is fun, have some deep thoughts while on it, and also find I'm in the present moment a lot anyways while on it. Maybe as I get further a long meditating I'd know better.

--------------------
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines

Edited by bigmike7104 (11/03/10 05:23 PM)

OfflineScrappy
I like turtles.
Female

Loc: Outback
    #13430121 - 11/03/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a friend that combines cannabis with meditation and he says it works well for him by keeping him focused. Who am I to judge? I don't think that cannabis + meditation combination would work well for me though, but that's just me.

When asked about the specifics he simply says, "It gives you something to work against" So someone who smokes a lot might know what he meant by that. But I don't really care much for smoking due to having weak lungs (get bronchitis and pneumonia too easy to be smoking).

My opinion would be that kava is an ok substance for meditation, to help you relax it's probably better than using alcohol.

Edited by Scrappy (11/03/10 05:31 PM)

InvisibleJohnnyZampano
    #13430161 - 11/03/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Meditation hands down. I've done the weed thing for years and seen where it gets me. Nowhere but broke. I lack self control with drugs, even if I swear to myself its only going to be once a week, before I know it I am smoking an eighth in a few days. I also like myself better sober, I have not smoked in over four months and find myself more active and happy, but that's just me.

Meditation seems to be a great grounder, calms me down and brings me back to center. I have recently (last week) begun to meditate daily again, and already see the positive effects. I have no idea how much further I can go with meditation and the things I can accomplish, but its got to be more then sitting around too stoned to move.

So yeah, meditation :smile:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation vs. Weed [Re: JohnnyZampano]
    #13430301 - 11/03/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yea i gotta go with meditation too. But i havent really done it consistintly enough to really say.  Probably my most intense meditations would be centering myself when im weed but its such a battle that it doesn't always feel smooth.  i think in the long run weed makes me kind of paranoid and i actually just about ran out so i may try stopping for a bit. We live in such a fucked up world that sometimes i feel like weed makes me more crazy then i have to be and i know when im completely sober i can find it much easier to really center myself and feel more relaxed.

also the weed smoke doesnt do my lungs good these days. i may be lacking excersise a bit but sometimes my breathing feels off when im smoking.

Weed is a lot of fun though but im starting to feel in the long run using it reguraly may not be the most beneficial thing and i can say from experience my everyday weed smoking friends havent gotten too far.  But then again some people may see theres nowhere to get and you are already there so i dont know:confused:

But still i do have prospects and some sort of goals for myself like becoming financially independent :yesnod: through creative means.  and again- weed helps creativity but it doesnt help much with coming up and down all the time.  I guess a benefit for deep meditators is the ability to truly center yourself when needed :wink:

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #13430365 - 11/03/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think everyone goes through that phase where they smoke weed almost everyday (pr several times a day), but eventually the weed will start to give you anxiety of some sort and you move on. Granted, this phase may last for nearly a life time in some people. For me it was only a year or two. I don't smoke weed often anymore (once every few months). It makes me go crazy. Meditation keeps me sane.

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13430400 - 11/03/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Weed is better for getting in touch with the body than meditation is imo.

Weed meditation to me is like being lost in one extremely deeeeep thought

Also I wouldn't want an unlimited amount of weed, it slows me down and makes me apathetic and drains my energy.

If I'm in an uncomfortable area I get paranoid and when I try to meditate to escape I Get overwhelmed and have anxiety attacks. Whereas meditation in places I'm uncomfortable makes me calmer.

Edited by Troll Bot (11/03/10 06:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds