Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal?
    #13416281 - 10/31/10 10:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal?
October 28, 2010 - FOX2 Now

OVERLAND, MO — FOX 2 found stores pushing a potentially deadly substance. Investigator Chris Hayes caught them in the act. It's called Ivory Wave. A former drug user told us, "This could put drug dealers out of business." It's sold as a "novelty product" and marketed as $35 bath salts. A former cocaine user says that's just a cover. He said, "The guy behind the counter kind of did a 'sniff, sniff' gesture with his nose."

The former cocaine user, who says he's been clean for years, told us he tried snorting Ivory Wave after he was told its legal.

He showed us the product, pointed to it, and said, "That stuff right there is -- I'd say 10 times more powerful than cocaine and lasts 10 times longer [Hayes asked] You're serious [Former User] I'm dead serious."

He said he's not sure someone else would've survived, "It's way more than I expected. It's too powerful for me and and I'm a grown man."

We went undercover where he bought it, Nights of Rave, Smoke Sensations on Page Avenue in St. Louis County. The salesman openly pushed it.

An undercover Fox2 representative asked, "What does it do?" [Salesman] "Whatever you want it to do." [Fox2 rep.] [Laughs] [Salesman] Well it's pretty much, the blue one is Ivory Wave, the blue is more like uh --- cocaine high. [Fox2 rep.] Ok, then how do you use it I guess my question.. [Salesman] Pretty much [salesman sniffs] yep same way, same way. It does the same affect. You don't have, you don't crash."

We bought it and took it straight to the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office. Dr. Chris Long said he would find out what's inside the package of Ivory Wave. The ingredients list concentrated water softening agents and epsom salts. The package also says "not for human consumption."

A week later, Dr. Long revealed his results. He said "10 million counts on both of those. So that's pretty heavy duty." Dr. Long found a potentially deadly combination of Lidocaine and Pyrovalerone -- a hallucinogen that stimulates the Central Nervous System.

Dr. Long added, "I'm sure that with people doing this we'll have deaths." Long said he'll publish his findings in a medical journal entry to warn other doctors about what Ivory Wave might do to patients.

He said, "You're going to get a spike in blood pressure, a spike in cardiac output and if there's any weakness in any of your arteries, it'll pop a vessel so you could have a stroke very quickly."

Back to the store where we tried to share the results of our test on Ivory Wave, the man who said he runs "Nights of Rave" didn't want to hear it. He yelled, "Get outta here with that f*&%in camera."

Secretary of State records list Pam Tabatt as the agent for the store. Tabatt, featured earlier in a Fox 2 report about the now banned synthetic pot -K2, also operates the South 94 Bait, Tackle and Smoke Shop. We called -- asking for "Ivory Wave" and an employee said they had it in stock. But when we arrived with our camera, Tabatt said she didn't have it and threatened to call the Sheriff. She then called our station to say she's not selling what she called "cocaine Ivory Wave."

We checked about a dozen other head shops and found some who claimed they don't carry it and others that said they sometimes sell it. Just like synthetic pot K2, it appears there are already copy cats with this synthetic cocaine. Similar products to Ivory Wave are being sold under different names. We've notified the local police and the DEA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineadamantasaurus
Stranger
Loc: Flag
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: veggie]
    #13416342 - 10/31/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

These sellers are irresponsible and they are the reason why these things are going to get banned, if your going to be in that kind of business be responsible people. Don't just sell some drug that you know nothing about and could end up hurting someone just to make a quick buck you slime balls!

Offlinefraspa13
That's what she said!
Male
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: adamantasaurus]
    #13416373 - 10/31/10 11:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

CRAZY!!!

OfflineOddEye

Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: fraspa13]
    #13416462 - 10/31/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is it really legal to buy and really like cocaine? That sound interesting lol.

--------------------
I'm at the highest peak, still glad the meak is understandin' me
Artillery, thoughts of killin' me is just a fantasy
The man in me is ready for war, like Holyfield-Tyson IV

OfflineAidsdragon
Derps for Glory
Male

Loc: MN
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: OddEye]
    #13416760 - 11/01/10 01:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OddEye said:
Is it really legal to buy and really like cocaine? That sound interesting lol.

i guess its more like meth, active ingredient is supposedly mdpv.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdpv/mdpv.shtml

--------------------
Meths a marathon, not a sprint and Langer knows it.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: Aidsdragon]
    #13416837 - 11/01/10 03:07 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Eventually, this substance will be banned. And once it is, something else will take its place.

These bans are a VERY bad thing. If everything could get banned, people (especially young and naive people) would start getting high off inhalants (glue, gasoline, etc) - which are almost impossible to ban and are far worse for you than almost anything else.

The drug war is an exercise in futility. It truly saddens me that it continues to rage on.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: Green_T]
    #13417197 - 11/01/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you treat these bath salts like cocaine, then you will have a very bad time. The stuff is way stronger than cocaine, but it takes a long time to kick in, so people tend to re-dose before the initial dose has become fully active. This leads to overdose.

It is very dangerous and irresponsible to market MDPV as cocaine. A cocaine high kicks in quick and lasts a half hour or so. This stuff is ten times more potent by weight, but it builds to peak over several hours.

Bath salts are not cocaine. The comparison is worse than handing somebody a 180 proof beverage and calling it "synthetic beer".

--------------------
come together

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #13417314 - 11/01/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

People should always, always, always, always, always, always, always, always, always, start with ultra small amounts with something you have never used before, whether it is legal or not. (This guy obviously assumed it was like ultra weak cocaine and did a normal size or large line.) Then you wait a few days and think about it and you decide if you want to try more if you have no allergic reaction or bad experience. If you decide to try it again, try the same amount, keep re-evaluating it until you feel comfortable, then gradually move up a little each time until you reach the level your looking for. I have read about people saying "i tried ____ and it was fun, so next i tried 5 times as much" That has EPIC FAIL written all over it.

Quote:

"This stuff is ten times more potent by weight, but it builds to peak over several hours."

That does not sound like something I would be interested in. Taking a long time to kick in, means if while it is building, you hit a level that is uncomfortable, imagine if it keeps building farther for a few hours straight, imagine how terrifying that would be. This is why I will never try LSD, because it lasts so many hours and if I was unable to enjoy it because of panic and fear, then it would be hell with no abort.

I don't think they should ban this. I don't think they should ban K2. I do however, believe they should card people to be at least 18 if not 21 to buy these things, and I do believe that sellers, should not be allowed to tell people "it is like ____ drug", and if the buyer asks about it, the seller should say something like "I don't know, some people say it is too strong, maybe they use too much, i don't know, they don't tell me anything else.".

People don't have to ingest this stuff just because they buy it. People can test it on fire-ants or roach infestations or whatever they want and those people should not be banned access just because there are fools abusing it. I am not saying that a significant number of people buying it are using it on non human and non-pet things, but it shouldn't be illegal.

Just because something is dangerous if mis-used, does not mean it should be banned from all humans. Take cars for example, cars can run people over and kill them, does that mean we need to ban cars?:rolleyes:

Edited by guest1 (11/01/10 09:09 AM)

InvisibleveggieM

Re: [MO] Ivory Wave: Worse Than Cocaine and Legal? [Re: Aidsdragon]
    #13417434 - 11/01/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just to clarify, the article lists the ingredients as Lidocaine and Pyrovalerone, pyrovalerone being very similar to MDPV. But MDPV has been used in related products. The point is you don't know for sure what is in this stuff, or how much, or if it will be the same from batch to batch. As a result these legal alternative products are much more dangerous than the illegal products whose effects they are trying to replicate.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom