Home | Community | Message Board

Sensi Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBuddha420
Psychonaut

Loc: Mobil, Alabama
dope sick? help please
    #13399905 - 10/28/10 11:52 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

hi. I need to help my gf out, it seems like shes in a viscious
cycle of dope sickness. We're long time opiate addicts. I've been taking suboxone for 5 years now, her - 3. Over a month ago we had a relapse, ended up being on a 3 week roxy binge. Afterwards, our dosage went up from less than 2mg a day to 4mg (of subs). But  my gf doesnt want to adjust her dosage...so she gets sick every morning, pukes her guts out...cries...brakes shit in the bathroom...its almost every morning..then she pukes some more and then takes a double fucking dose of it cuz normal amount isn't helping her now.

So instead of taking 4mg every day like I do, she takes 2mg then gets sick, then takes 4 after getting sick. Which makes no sense, shes against taking 4mg, when she herself ends up taking 6 at least.

Now the original fault for the relapse is mine, I brought the roxies home, so now every time shes getting sick, im the one blamed, im sick of it, im an addict just like her, with a weakness for that shit.

We also thought she could be pregnant and having morning sickness...but she just had her period without issues, so then i dunno what the fuck..why would someone be throwing up almost every morning for weeks now...

what other reason could there be? diet? dehydration? i know she never drinks water..

--------------------
Psychedelic Salon - changing our minds, one thought at a time

Religion - George Carlin, R.I.P.

BLUE CHAMPS!!! Chelsea FC - 09/10

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: dope sick? help please [Re: Buddha420]
    #13400259 - 10/28/10 01:34 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Have you taken care of your health in any other way besides subbing?
She could be organ crashing and yes, the idea of refusing to take a sufficient dose seems like a reason to justify taking a larger one to me.
I am also dubious of the blaming of you. You are back on your program adequately and she is not. Are you just a excuse? People do mean shit like that without really thinking it through sometimes.
What about that -

People destroy their health with dope and subs and somehow think that either is curative or life sustaining. More addicts die of organ syndromes than dope.

You need much more physical care than just quieting the abstinence.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineThe Green Bastard
friendly hippie
Male

Loc: parts unkown....
Re: dope sick? help please [Re: curenado]
    #13400298 - 10/28/10 01:41 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Some women can get their periods all the way through the pregnancy up to birth.

--------------------
Well, if that's the case, then Julian, he is like a superhero. Holy fuck, Ricky, you know who you are? You're Dope-Man! He can smoke a pound in a single bound.

InvisibleBuddha420
Psychonaut

Re: dope sick? help please [Re: The Green Bastard]
    #13400358 - 10/28/10 01:54 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

no..then COUPLE HOURS after she takes it, shes 100% fine, gets up, takes a shower, has a normal breakfast (at 5pm) starts cooking..etc...no problems...its not like shes sick all day, its just the mornings and untill she takes a shitton more subs...maybe switch to methadone?

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#13402420 - 10/28/10 07:53 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe changing her times of day. Like arranging it so they don't wear off in the night while she is asleep, so she has a better wake up. May be less alert for a bit in the morning, but better than what is happening now.
Also - it seems like she is not going to be very successful until she gets to using regulated doses, or at least less drastic differences in the dose amounts. That is like slinging yourself back and forth every day and can be a little rough on the body.

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineNova

#13402537 - 10/28/10 08:11 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Dehydration will make you feel sick like that in the mornings by itself, but then when you also need to take a medicine that is supposed to mix with saliva and get absorbed through the skin in the mouth but are dehydrated, I could see most of the bupe getting swallowed/lost instead of absorbed properly. Sorry that was the longest sentence ever.

OfflineShroom lover
Lord Shiva
Male

Loc: LSD island
Re: dope sick? help please [Re: Nova]
    #13403260 - 10/28/10 10:42 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

i have an idea, stop popping pills...

--------------------
Lets go back in the time machine to ancient india and smoke Hashish with Lord Shiva.

"nuthin beats a couple bowls at midnight when the world around you is fast asleep" - LetsGetBlazed

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: dope sick? help please [Re: Shroom lover]
    #13403285 - 10/28/10 10:45 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Happens to everyone some time.....or they die :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleBuddha420
Psychonaut

Re: dope sick? help please [Re: Shroom lover]
    #13403661 - 10/28/10 11:59 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroom lover said:
i have an idea, stop popping pills...

and go into hellish withdrawals that least for 4-6 weeks?

thanks for the advice.

--------------------

Offlinesheddingtheveil
Stranger
    #13405343 - 10/29/10 11:44 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I'm definately not an expert.  But I did recall something I read about last year.

I tried to find schematics of it but I think the creator sold it to a company and they now sell it.  I was gonna buy one for my mom to help her quit smoking cigarettes.  But it is said to only have a 50% success rate on smokers.  I didn't every buy it though cus it was more than I wanted to spend at the time.  But it appears to be cheaper now?

Nuff already what the heck is it.  LOL  It's called, Bob Beck Brain Tuner.  And I'm trying to find the information where he took it to rehab clinics and within a few days their withdrawl symptoms vanished.

http://drdavidcohen.us/braintuner.html ; -  Some quotes.

Check out the seventh paragraph.  And the first.  LOL  There's actually talk of it counteracting addiction in there a bit.  I didn't really read through it much.  I was only looking for some relevant information so I was scanning it.

I've never used the device.  But seeing the cost of it now I may be purchasing one.  I wish I could find ya some more information on it.  But there's forums out there and there's people out there who have used em. 

I just found the video I was looking for. 
<---I am still trying to figure out how to post just the link.  But you can also just go to youtube and type in, Bob Beck The Brain Tuner Part 1 of 9   
The first video he begins talking about heroin addiction.

Anywho there's my 2cents.  And again I'm no expert.  And I've never used the device.  It's just something I recall and wanted to share with you/everyone cus it may be of some interest.  This has all generated an interest in me for one again.  I may get one and lend it to a frend for a couple weeks.

InvisibleBuddha420
Psychonaut

Re: dope sick? help please [Re: sheddingtheveil]
    #13411772 - 10/30/10 09:23 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sheddingtheveil said:
I'm definately not an expert.  But I did recall something I read about last year.

I tried to find schematics of it but I think the creator sold it to a company and they now sell it.  I was gonna buy one for my mom to help her quit smoking cigarettes.  But it is said to only have a 50% success rate on smokers.  I didn't every buy it though cus it was more than I wanted to spend at the time.  But it appears to be cheaper now?

Nuff already what the heck is it.  LOL  It's called, Bob Beck Brain Tuner.  And I'm trying to find the information where he took it to rehab clinics and within a few days their withdrawl symptoms vanished.

http://drdavidcohen.us/braintuner.html ; -  Some quotes.

Check out the seventh paragraph.  And the first.  LOL  There's actually talk of it counteracting addiction in there a bit.  I didn't really read through it much.  I was only looking for some relevant information so I was scanning it.

I've never used the device.  But seeing the cost of it now I may be purchasing one.  I wish I could find ya some more information on it.  But there's forums out there and there's people out there who have used em. 

I just found the video I was looking for. I am still trying to figure out how to post just the link.  But you can also just go to youtube and type in, Bob Beck The Brain Tuner Part 1 of 9   
The first video he begins talking about heroin addiction.

Anywho there's my 2cents.  And again I'm no expert.  And I've never used the device.  It's just something I recall and wanted to share with you/everyone cus it may be of some interest.  This has all generated an interest in me for one again.  I may get one and lend it to a frend for a couple weeks.

i go by "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

that looks like a scam based around a placebo effect, it is advertised as a "relaxation devide"  lol...

thanks though! maybe itll try it if i have a spare $200

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#13411998 - 10/30/10 10:22 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

The devices you are talking about are great for stress reduction, but probably not so good in wd's.
I am a gradual reduction proponent, but if they aren't really ready to quit, then that is just air.
The first round of addiction is hardest on people it seems. After they get clear once and find they have later gone back a lot of the drama and stuff isn't real anymore and they are just like "Oh well. Fucked it up again." and they come down a lot easier, calmer and quicker because they have done it before.

I guess I should say, the ones that survive to. All lifers will say "I know I got another addiction left in me, it's that havin' another come down that I ain't so sure about"

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being