Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!!
    #7683668 - 11/26/07 09:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes my subject doesn't correlate with my post but that's okay 'cause this is the The pub and I'm the bartender f0 sh0.

Anyways my question is what would taking melatonin throughout the day do? And what's the max dose you can take?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #7683761 - 11/26/07 10:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think there is a max dose, and I'm not sure it would do anything. Buy a fucking bag.

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
    #7683781 - 11/26/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You will not get high from melatonin. I take it on nights i have troulbe sleeping,and i puts me in a sleepy state but not a "fucked up" sleepy. It just kind athere to help you out, not to force you into sleep like a terrorits victom

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: Innominate]
    #7683786 - 11/26/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not positive but I think the part of melatonin that gets you high is because the drug also doubles as a seritonin supplement, making you feel happy because your brain is being flooded with serotonin (if you take enough of it that is). If I'm right about that, then I think you might have more luck getting high on 5-HTP capsules (St. John's Wort) since it's a straight natural serotonin supplement. I wouldn't reccomend any of this though because I think taking high quantities of either of those drugs could make you very sick and have other weird adverse effects. stick to cough medicine.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: pantsboy]
    #7683799 - 11/26/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

illegal drugs get the job done for me. DXM is terrible, whatever you don't take over a gram it sucks the next day.

OfflineOracle Of Delphi
I, Phantom
Female

Loc: State of Disrepair
    #7684577 - 11/27/07 04:27 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Yes my subject doesn't correlate with my post but that's okay 'cause this is the The pub and I'm the bartender f0 sh0.

Anyways my question is what would taking melatonin throughout the day do? And what's the max dose you can take?

actually melatonin can mess with your heart - so don't take it like a party drug - since it is an herb, the FDA doesn't do enough research on it - and slaps a "Not approved" warning on it - so - if you die , you have only yourself to blame, right.

I used to take it at bedtime to fall asleep - but after a few weeks i got used to it and it didn't work anymore. When i was reading about why - I came across all this stuff about it possibly messing with heart rhythms, and ppl dying in their sleep from it. Dont know how much of that is true - but Im not going to chance it.

Please be careful.
OoD

--------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: Oracle Of Delphi]
    #7686239 - 11/27/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

melatonin isn't a traditional sleeping aid, in that it doesn't make you actually fall alseep but instead readjusts your natural circadian cycle which in turn makes you drowsy. To work properly melatonin should be taken at the same time every night before you sleep because it's trying to make your feel like that's the time it should start to get drowsy. Melatonin is the "drowsy-causing" chemical released from the pineal gland near sleep. Melatonin supplements will cause you pineal gland to produce more melatonin based upon when you take the supplement.

By like I said in my previous post, I think it's the fact that the drug doubles as a serotonin supplement is the part that you can get high from, and not the melatonin part. Either way, I still wouldn't recommend taking high dosages of either.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

OfflineClob
Stranger
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: Oracle Of Delphi]
    #13360215 - 10/19/10 11:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Oracle Of Delphi said:
Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:

Anyways my question is what would taking melatonin throughout the day do?  And what's the max dose you can take?

actually melatonin can mess with your heart - so don't take it like a party drug - since it is an herb, the FDA doesn't do enough research on it - and slaps a "Not approved" warning on it - so - if you die , you have only yourself to blame, right.

I used to take it at bedtime to fall asleep - but after a few weeks i got used to it and it didn't work anymore. When i was reading about why - I came across all this stuff about it possibly messing with heart rhythms, and ppl dying in their sleep from it. Dont know how much of that is true - but Im not going to chance it.

Please be careful.
OoD

I don't think Melatonin is a herb, it's a hormone made in your body.

I couldn't find anything on Melatonin causing heart problems or death, got any links?

I've taken upwards of 600Mg of Melatonin at once with no ill side effects as of yet, and as research has shown prolonged high-dosage Melatonin use causes no health problems.

http://www.easy-immune-health.com/melatonin-overdose.html
http://www.sleepydust.net/overdose-melatonin.html

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: Clob]
    #13360230 - 10/19/10 11:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow, 600mg of melatonin, were you trying to kill yourself or something? Holy fuck. I think the max they come in is 8mg tablets. so you took 75 pills? I call bullshit. And yes it is very bad for you to take THAT much of something.

as for getting high on it. As other people said. No. It has no real recreational value, unless you call being able to sleep "recreational."

I normally take 15-20mg and it will put me on my ass and I will have some pretty vivid dreams (which is fairly common on melatonin)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13360242 - 10/19/10 11:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Some of the worst misinformation I've ever seen in this thread,

stick with weed or learn what the hell you're dealing with before you just start popping random pills to get you high, it's your body at stake.

And no, Melatonin will definitely not get you high.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: pfxtc]
    #13360248 - 10/19/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

misinformation?

or did you not mean to reply to me?

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #13360250 - 10/19/10 11:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin#Toxicology
Quote:

Melatonin has a very low toxicity in rats. Rat maternal toxicity: the no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) and lowest observed adverse effect level (LOAEL) were 100 and 200 mg/kg/day, respectively, and the developmental toxicity NOAEL was >= 200 mg/kg/day

I don't think that's going to kill anyone.

--------------------

OfflineFuzedBox
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: FL
Re: Melatonin: High as a kite LEGALLY!! [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #13360264 - 10/19/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RipVanWinkle said:
You will not get high from melatonin.  I take it on nights i have troulbe sleeping,and i puts me in a sleepy state but not a "fucked up" sleepy.  It just kind athere to help you out, not to force you into sleep like a terrorits victom

This.

--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery
    #13360270 - 10/19/10 11:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
misinformation?

or did you not mean to reply to me?

Sorry, I'm a quick reply whore.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineClob
Stranger
    #13360305 - 10/20/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
wow, 600mg of melatonin, were you trying to kill yourself or something? Holy fuck. I think the max they come in is 8mg tablets. so you took 75 pills? I call bullshit. And yes it is very bad for you to take THAT much of something.

as for getting high on it. As other people said. No. It has no real recreational value, unless you call being able to sleep "recreational."

I normally take 15-20mg and it will put me on my ass and I will have some pretty vivid dreams (which is fairly common on melatonin)

You're the second person that's called bullshit that doesn't know how to use google. I took 30 pills, 20Mg each of this brand of Melatonin.

http://www.amazon.com/Melatonin-20mg-60-Veg-Cap/dp/B000JG5RIU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1287554323&sr=1-3

Also, you haven't taken anywhere near the higher doses of Melatonin, it takes at least 4 or 5 pills of the 20Mg kind to even feel the "high". You wouldn't know because you have never tried higher doses, it's like saying shrooms don't work because you eat 20Mg of them everyday and it doesn't do anything.

Quote:

pfxtc said:

stick with weed or learn what the hell you're dealing with before you just start popping random pills to get you high, it's your body at stake.

I care about my health very much and don't pop random pills to get high, maybe you should do some research on Melatonin before you bash it. You claim misinformation but bring no information of your own to the table.

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #13360318 - 10/20/10 12:12 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i was actually tempted to ask this same question, but it seems like theres no real consensus, ive taken 5 or 6 at a time with no real problems.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery
    #13360338 - 10/20/10 12:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Clob said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

You're the second person that's called bullshit that doesn't know how to use google. I took 30 pills, 20Mg each of this brand of Melatonin.

http://www.amazon.com/Melatonin-20mg-60-Veg-Cap/dp/B000JG5RIU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1287554323&sr=1-3

Also, you haven't taken anywhere near the higher doses of Melatonin, it takes at least 4 or 5 pills of the 20Mg kind to even feel the "high". You wouldn't know because you have never tried higher doses, it's like saying shrooms don't work because you eat 20Mg of them everyday and it doesn't do anything.

Quote:

pfxtc said:

I care about my health very much and don't pop random pills to get high, maybe you should do some research on Melatonin before you bash it. You claim misinformation but bring no information of your own to the table.

I wasn't necessarily directing my comment at you :shrug:

And I have researched it, and taken it.

Even you yourself said it has no recreational value, which is EXACTLY what I said. Obviously downing a bottle of a chemical that your body creates naturally will cause some adverse reactions, your entire post is unwarranted.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13360368 - 10/20/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you want to keep taking a whole bottle of melatonin at a time for you placebo "high," then by all means dont let me stand in your way

OfflineClob
Stranger
    #13360372 - 10/20/10 12:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:

Even you yourself said it has no recreational value, which is EXACTLY what I said. Obviously downing a bottle of a chemical that your body creates naturally will cause some adverse reactions, your entire post is unwarranted.

I don't think I ever said it has no recreational value, maybe at low doses, but at higher doses you can feel something. Along side weed is where melatonin really shines though.

My post isn't unwarranted, just because your body makes the chemical doesn't mean it's bad to take it. Many studies have linked high dose melatonin use with cancer prevention, ADHD help and anti-aging.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery
    #13360377 - 10/20/10 12:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Clob said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:

I don't think I ever said it has no recreational value, maybe at low doses, but at higher doses you can feel something. Along side weed is where melatonin really shines though.

My post isn't unwarranted, just because your body makes the chemical doesn't mean it's bad to take it. Many studies have linked high dose melatonin use with cancer prevention, ADHD help and anti-aging.

I'm sorry I misquoted you, read some body else's quote. I wasn't saying the average dose is bad for you, I'm saying downing an entire bottle is most likely bad for you.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder