Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledrjustice
God-like
Male

Loc: NH Flag
Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is?
    #13321810 - 10/11/10 06:39 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Alright so I'm buying several pounds of "Heavenly Blue" (I think) seeds and I'm wondering if I'll feel effects from eating several hundred of them without preparing them, or is it useless unless you extract them? I remember reading somewhere about the strychnine factor and was wondering if it's possible to trip without extracting?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA
Re: Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is? [Re: drjustice]
    #13321965 - 10/11/10 07:03 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

It is entirely possible to even have the seeds in your pocket and just eat them anywhere. The trick is to just chew them up for a good 5 minutes until there's no flavor left. It's a bit nasty tasting and you can even remove the husks and just let the powder absorb in your mouth for 5 minutes. But either way, you don't even have to swallow them, just spit out the mush when it's flavorless.

Sublingual really seems to be the optimal way, although cold water extractions work fine, too. But this turns the LSA into longer lasting, milder oral LSA instead of potent sublingual LSA.

However, the tiny morning glory heavenly blue seeds aren't that strong, and MAKE SURE you have organic, untreated seeds. Sucking on pesticides would probably taste like battery acid and would also be harmful. Allegedly some bigger companies do this to prevent kids from just eating the seeds. Don't get your seeds from a department store, unless you're sure they're 100% organic and untreated.

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are larger and more potent. They're also pretty cheap. 5-10 of these larger (but still smaller than a pea) seeds can make you seriously trip when absorbed sublingually. To get comparable effects one might have to eat a few hundred morning glory seeds. However, reports of people properly dosing sublingual morning glory seeds are rare and even I have only chewed up and swallowed the smaller morning glory seeds. I'm just telling you this so you don't end up popping 300 seeds in your mouth and chewing a big, disgusting glob of bitter ass seed pulp for 10 minutes. And then you might find out that these are a lot more potent than you imagined and you might have no idea what the fuck is going on for an extended period of time. So take it easy. See if you can even do 50 sublingually for 5 minutes. Do maybe 25 x 2 or 3 so you can stomach chewing them up.

Happy discoveries. :pipesmoke:

--------------------

triptych

Offlinedanvb329

Loc: United States
Re: Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is? [Re: drjustice]
    #13322340 - 10/11/10 08:37 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

the first time I took 90 blues and had a trip like 2-4g of shrooms. it was three years ago. 3hrs after ingesting, I didn't think it would work. I got really sick for 2 hours. We smoke a joint. Five minutes later I suspected i saw my first hallucination. 10 minutes later were drive under a footbridge and a minute later i see the same footbridge coming up very clearly for like ten seconds then i see its a highway sign then it changes back. We go back to the house and I sit down and my mom is bitching at me and shes totally getting twice as big and twice as small back and forth. I can't really talk. I go to my room and my eyes are almost nothing but pupil. My hand has tracers that are like a foot long. My room's shape is distorted like a funhouse. I blow my nose and I taste citrus and feel amazing sensations. I probly had my eyes closed for an hour because the fractals I saw were not only brighter and more colorful than real life, but incredibly beautiful, how it kept changing had depth and detail. so many different patterns, so mathematical. I probably won't ever see such a thing again in my life. I also remember being awed at the time distortion. There was big writing on my wall that flowed sideways in random directions. I was incredibly emotional having all these childhood memorys and mental visions of so much crap which distracted me from the visuals if there were any (there weren't a whole lot. my ceiling was beautiful though). When I emerged from my room seven hours later, as I looked at myself walk down the hallway for a good ten seconds i'm seeing in about four frames a second, but the frames are scrambled out of order, totally able to walk but not totally sure how far I've made it so far. I looked at my face and it all warped together from a liquidy stretched out distortion. I tried to see how big my pupils were but they kept getting bigger and smaller and bigger and smaller. Pretty sure it was a hallucination

now the other four times i took MG's i didn't have 10% of the effects, except for one ten minutes of trippage. driving was a pespective rollercoaster with obscuredly shaped signs and a shape shifting dashboard.

i tried tried 50 HBWR sublingually grinded to a powder with a marijuana grinder. no effects whatsoever. I've only read of this working for people who take like 7 and have incredibly "light" trips. i doubt MG's are any different. I cut the shells off the HBWRs with a scissor which took 3 hours but may reduce nausea allowing for a higher dose.

--------------------
risperdone, lsdxlsd, clonazepam, olanzapine, prolixin, haldol, diazepam, percocet habbit for 3 years, cannabis dependancy, tobacco, mushroom habbit, benztropine

Edited by danvb329 (10/11/10 08:40 PM)

OfflineNicoCL
Stranger

Re: Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is? [Re: danvb329]
    #13322383 - 10/11/10 08:45 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I would definetly not recomend chewing and eating them.

The only time I've tried morning glorys I ground 350 seeds up with my fingers and a grinder (the grinder didn't worked as well as I thought so I ended up using my fingers) until they were pretty small pieces and mixed the powder with apple sauce and ate it. I managed to hold it up for an our and a half until I threw everything up and got no psychedelic effect from it, just the mild "boozy" body effect.

The thing is that for me at least it was very hard on my empty stomach and got no psychedelic effect because I could see the particles in the vomit, they didn't get to my intestine.

I would definetly recomend trying cold water extraction, it's a lot more friendly with your body.

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is? [Re: NicoCL]
    #13322407 - 10/11/10 08:51 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Best way is probably sublingual dosing. But if there's too many seeds to do that comfortably...

This is what seems like a good idea to me:

- Grind them up. Then soak them in Prestone starting fluid (or another one without naphtha) and agitate, letting them soak for a few hours. (This is the beginning of an LSA extraction, BTW.)
- Strain through a coffee filter (or whatever), and let the seed matter dry. (It should not smell like petroleum at all. This should take 20 minutes.)
- Throw that into some orange/cranberry/whatever juice, and drink it down.

Seems like it would be better than just eating them anyway as you're removing a lot of the seed matter with the initial soak.

Happy trails.

Offlinedanvb329

Loc: United States
Re: Is it worth it to eat morning glory seeds as is? [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #13326611 - 10/12/10 06:27 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

if you eat them chew the seeds down to as much of a mush as possible

--------------------
risperdone, lsdxlsd, clonazepam, olanzapine, prolixin, haldol, diazepam, percocet habbit for 3 years, cannabis dependancy, tobacco, mushroom habbit, benztropine

Edited by danvb329 (10/12/10 06:29 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience