Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesaxx
Stranger

where to find mushroom buyers
    #13286405 - 10/03/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I just found a boatload of chantrelles and know good spots to get more. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to find people that buy chantrelles or seasonal mushrooms. And a little details on that.

I'm not asking for a contact or anything like that.

I live in the Eugene/Springfield area in oregon.

I fried those up in cornmeal/flower and ate those with my family. MMm.

We got boatloads more though.

--------------------
sucking dick for drink tickets
at the free bar at my cousin's bat mitzvah

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ilford, England
Trusted Identifier
Re: where to find mushroom buyers [Re: saxx]
    #13286411 - 10/03/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure exactly what this has to do with hunting and identification, but I suppose what I'd do is try to find restaurant which has chanterelles in one of the dishes on their menu.

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: where to find mushroom buyers [Re: elprawn]
    #13286422 - 10/03/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

From what I've heard, commercial buyers tend to be very picky, and prefer whole, clean, and otherwise unmolested fruits.

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

Re: where to find mushroom buyers [Re: jet li]
    #13286474 - 10/03/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Which is completely fine, i can deal with that. But i was wondering how to find these people.

--------------------

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #13286525 - 10/03/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I kind of knew a foodie from Oregon and got the impression that is one of the world's great culinary centres.  There might be a tried and tested route to market but otherwise I would ring around or just visit restaurants outside of peak hours a) offering to show them your finds and b) asking who supplies their fresh gourmet ingredients.  Maybe someone else would think it is ridiculous not to have your product available right there with you but I would think it doesn't look good to be carrying fresh food around so arrange to return with the goods.  I've never done this, I'm guessing.

--------------------

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

Re: where to find mushroom buyers [Re: Joie]
    #13286581 - 10/03/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That's kind of what i was thinking as well. Thanks for the advice.

--------------------

zappateer said:

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
    #13286661 - 10/03/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

check out farmers markets, restaurants, fruit stands, and anything that could be a place you would buy wild mushrooms. ask around. soon, people will respect your finds, and sometimes even ask when you will be getting in more. best of luck in your search.

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies