Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
Sclerotia in amsterdam
    #13267205 - 09/29/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hi peeps

iv been to the dam many times and tryed shrooms/Sclerotia everytime

im just wanting to know the current price of the strongest Sclerotia in amsterdam?!

also, where is the best place to buy? do prices vary very much? iv noticed its in many of the "high street" shops but is it worth trekkin off down the side streets for Sclerotia?

many thanks and cant wait to be trippin again in november :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
Re: Sclerotia in amsterdam [Re: mrpinkeye]
    #13275585 - 10/01/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

noone?

OfflineFlappy
Stranger

#13276280 - 10/01/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well I live in the Netherlands and I think the strongest (probably Dragon's Dynamite) are around 16/17 euros for 15 grams. I don't live in Amsterdam though but I think the prices are pretty much the same all around.

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #13278825 - 10/02/10 08:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think prices in Amsterdam are a little higher due to the large tourist trade. There are so many smart shops, it's difficult to say which is the best/cheapest. The prices do vary a bit, sometimes the same pack of sclerotia can be €5 more expensive in one shop than another.

A typical price for standard Mexicana/Tampanensis would be €15 for 15g.
The slightly stronger Atlantis might be €17.50 for 15g or €20 for 20g.
"Special Edition" products cost a bit more -  15g "Dragon's Dynamite" cost me €20 last time I was there.

If you are looking for the strongest type of sclerotia, you are most likely to end up with either the Dragon's Dynamite or one of the various "special edition" products distributed by a company called Sirius.

Sirius sell the freshbox products with the weird names. Their standard range, from weakest to strongest, is:

Space Shuttles
Dolphins Delight
Golden Teacher
Cosmic Connectors

Their "special edition" products have appeared with the following names:

White Diamonds
Purple Rain
Royal Beluga 
(yet another new one called "Mother's Finest" was mentioned in a recent post).

I've no experience with the Sirius products, so I don't know which of their "special edition" products is strongest. I'm not sure of the pack sizes/prices of these either.

It's worth looking in a few different shops and comparing the prices - also the actual products available vary between shops. I wouldn't walk miles out of my way just to save a couple of euros. Sometimes the smaller shops in the side streets actually charge more, and their stock may not be as fresh as places that sell higher volumes. These are a few of the better known smartshops that are worth checking out, if you haven't already (they can be interesting places to browse):

Conscious Dreams Kokopelli, Warmoesstraat 12 (near the RLD)
Innerspace, Spuistraat 108 (near Dam Square)
Innerspace, Staalstraat 5 (near Muntplein/Waterlooplein)
Tatanka, Korte Leidsedwarstraat 151A (near the Leidseplein)
Magic Mushroom Gallery, Spuistraat 249

Another small place that I sometimes buy from:
Mushroom Galaxy, Halvemaansteeg 12 (near Rembrantplein)

My favourite shops (reasonable prices, maybe not the cheapest) are the two Innerspace stores; the shops are quite cool and the staff are friendly.

Have fun, and safe tripping!:laugh:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
Re: Sclerotia in amsterdam [Re: Aldebaran]
    #13284363 - 10/03/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i went to this shop last time

http://www.azarius.net/smartshop/shrooms/mushroom_growing/

anyone tryed galindoi?! it wasnt on the list last time. iv done the atlantis ones loads, hope these are stronger! (actually, is this whats also known as mushrocks?)

and thanks for the detailed reply. its a 100 times better than the reply i got on another forum!

Edited by mrpinkeye (10/03/10 03:18 PM)

Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
    #13284396 - 10/03/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

also, i find these places really hard to locate when im there (usually cause im baked at the time and its dark!) can you suggest one of those that really easy to find? i usually end up getting ripped of in the small newsagents type shops or the overpriced "smart shop" in the RLD :frown:

Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
    #13284454 - 10/03/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

oh...one last thing....where did you buy the Dragon's Dynamite from!?

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #13284725 - 10/03/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Conscious Dreams is a few mins from the train station, if you can't find that then you're not qualified to travel :crazy2:

--------------------

Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
Re: Sclerotia in amsterdam [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13284783 - 10/03/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

and do concious dreams and innerspace have similar prices?

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#13285117 - 10/03/10 04:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anyone tryed galindoi?

Galindoi - yes, these are the "mushrocks." I've tried them once, they are very similar to the Atlantis sclerotia in terms of potency. The "Atlantis" sclerotia is actually a variant of Galindoi (Psilocybe galindoi variation Georgia ATL#7) so the similarity is not too surprising.

Quote:

i find these places really hard to locate when im there (usually cause im baked at the time and its dark!) can you suggest one of those that really easy to find?

Conscious Dreams is probably the easiest to find. If you can find Warmoesstraat (runs parallel to the RLD canals) then Conscious Dreams is near the end of this street (the end furthest from Dam Square). It won't be the cheapest in Amsterdam (probably similar prices to Innerspace, maybe slightly more expensive, I'm not sure) but it's a nice shop, with resident siamese cats! If you want to find the other shops I mentioned, it would be best to print out a google map with them marked on, find a couple of them in daylight, compare the prices, and come back later to buy...

Quote:

where did you buy the Dragon's Dynamite from!?

From Innerspace on Staalstraat, also the little "Mushroom Galaxy" shop near Rembrantplein. It should be available in most of the smart shops. I hope you have somewhere quiet and chilled out to take this stuff - it's not necessarily going to be a lot stronger than Atlantis, but the first time I tried it I was quite surprised by how strong a 15g dose was - trip report is here.

To compare with the sirius products, there is this report of  15g Royal Beluga (not written by me) which demonstrates it's not really an outdoors kind of dose.

--------------------

OfflineFlappy
Stranger

#13285211 - 10/03/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Aldebaran, recently I was on the website of Tatanka and I came across these truffles:

I was wondering if you know any more about these and if you have tried them. A friend told me it was one of the most intense sclerotia experiences he'd ever had when he tried these. I'm really wondering if it's not just the fact that it comes in 20 grams though. Don't know which species it actually is.

Edited by Flappy (10/03/10 04:52 PM)

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Re: Sclerotia in amsterdam [Re: Flappy]
    #13285435 - 10/03/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know much about those, I haven't been in the Tatanka shop for a while (partly because they advertise sclerotia with silly names!). The Tatanka site shows "Mexicana" "Columbiana" and "Hawaiiana" sclerotia products. I think the names are chosen to be similar to the names of the old mushrooms. Mexican cubensis were the milder ones, columbian cubensis were somewhere in the middle and the Hawaiian were the strong pans cyans.

The packaging is almost identical (font, box, "visual effect" graphic) to the McSmart products.

Looking at the "visual effect" graphic (totally 100% scientific :wink:) "Mexicana" gets 2.5 planets for a 10g box, "Columbiana" gets 3 planets for a 15g box, and "Hawaiiana" gets 3.5 planets for a 20g box.

If they are supposed to be strong, why only 3.5 planets out of 5?
It's all a bit silly, I've no idea what they are or how strong they are compared to anything else. Does each different box contain a different type of sclerotia or just a different weight of the same stuff? :confused:

I suspect they are actually a McSmart product with Tatanka labelling, some kind of customised product for a specific shop.

Some of the marketing for this stuff is just weird. There used to be a range of sclerotia sold as "Butterfly" (10g) "Owl" (15g) and "Leopard" (20g) (I think it was all mexicana). It was really bizarre to walk into a shop and ask for a packet of owl.....

--------------------

Offlinemrpinkeye
Stranger
    #13285773 - 10/03/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yea..i usually take a google map but either get baked or have to rush around. i also have to usually do it on the first day im there. this is because i go to a mid week gig (dilated peoples this year) and dont want to feel rough for that (so the tuesdays out) and dont wanna feel rough for the return home (thats thursday night out) so if i go mon-fri it just leaves monday night!

is it just me or does everyone feel REALLY drained the next day. i just dont want to do anything at all! i make sure im stocked up on food, drink and weed so i dont have to leave the hotel until at least the following evening!

is there anything i can do to help ease this "brokeness" or is it the usual (drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit etc) the day after!?

OfflineFlappy
Stranger

#13285803 - 10/03/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for getting back on that.
Yea the marketing for these products is very weird indeed,they probably think they need to keep it interesting for the buyers or something.
I wouldn't be surprised either when Sirius comes up with a new "type" next month, next to the already 8 sclerotia products they sell now.

Offlineta06
Stranger
    #14080167 - 03/07/11 09:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nice job sirs and ladies.
Lat time i was there, i partook in the the Royal Beluga (bought it from Magic Mushroom) and let me tell you, it was intense.....obviously not quite as strong, but reminded me a bit of the mindfuck that comes along with lsd. Was an awesome experience....checked out the Van Gogh museum and let me tell you, the other people at the gallery had nothing on what we were seeing there.

Highly recommended.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract