Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUnholyshite
Stranger
Where can i find King Bolete syringes?
    #13278966 - 10/02/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Im from Alaska and thats what we always picked in the woods. Now how can i grow them from home?Or even order some syringes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheshroom
    ʇɥǝsɥɹooɯ
 User Gallery

Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Unholyshite]
    #13278985 - 10/02/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Do you still live there?  Go find some Kings and collect the spores and make some syringes at home.

Pretty simple process.

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: theshroom]
    #13279031 - 10/02/10 10:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You can't get bolete syringes because you can't grow boletes at home. Boletes are mychorhizal and their cultivation is extremely difficult.

InvisibleUnholyshite
Stranger
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: theshroom]
    #13279041 - 10/02/10 10:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No i dont live there anymore. But i already made 2 spore syringes from the Z strain. I inoc 1 syringe in each brf jar. And within a week its already 70% taken over. I checked out sporeworks and they do not have any king bolete. What if i bought a few caps from the grocery store? Would that make a print?

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #13279049 - 10/02/10 10:08 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Man you can make as much spore syringes as you want, but they WILL NOT grow on brf cakes. Boletus edulis grows in symbiosis with trees, so outdoor cultivation is possible, but very difficult and very likely to fail.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13279304 - 10/02/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Boletus edulis (a.k.a King Bolete) is a mychorizal species. This means it lives in symbiosis with tree roots, specifically coniferous (i.e. pine trees) trees. They cannot grow without tree roots.

If there are no pine forests growing near where you are now, you can even give up on the idea of growing them outside too (which in any case is not very succesful and if they do not grow wild in your area introducing the fungus is probably illegal).

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under a Rock
    #13279333 - 10/02/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
You can't get bolete syringes because you can't grow boletes at home. Boletes are mychorhizal and their cultivation is extremely difficult.

This is accurate information. Same goes for the second time around.

Quote:

jakubman1 said:
No i dont live there anymore. But i already made 2 spore syringes from the Z strain. I inoc 1 syringe in each brf jar. And within a week its already 70% taken over. I checked out sporeworks and they do not have any king bolete. What if i bought a few caps from the grocery store? Would that make a print?

This is confusing. Boletes and 'Z Strain' (I'm guessing Psilocybe cubensis) have literally nothing in common in terms of growth.

--------------------
:etbig::etbig::etbig:

InvisibleUnholyshite
Stranger
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Niwita]
    #13279464 - 10/02/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I know but Z strain was my first grow. I made 2 spore prints and 2 syringes. And was able to get them to grow on brf jars. Ive read that the success rate of doing this isnt too high. I just did it in my kitchen and it worked for me.

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #13279488 - 10/02/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, but as we all are trying to explain to you, Boletus edulis and Psilocybe cubensis are two completely different mushrooms. P. cubensis naturally grows in manure, and you can cultivate it easily at home. You can't do that with Boletus edulis because it needs symbiosis with living tree.

Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver Island
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Tangich]
    #13279764 - 10/02/10 01:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

you can not cultivate Boletes at home, unless you just happen to also cultivate a pet conifer.

The Bolete Needs the roots from the tree!

There is a reason you can't buy a lot of mushrooms as spore syringes, because they won't grow without a partner.

--------------------

we all breathe the same air, drink the same water, and draw our strength from the same giant fireball.

:pm:Help me with my collection (trades only)

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

Loc: Netherlands
    #13281059 - 10/02/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Growing ecto-mycorhyzzal species (living in simbiosis with plants) such as Fungi Porcini (boletus edulis) and tuber melanosporum (the prized black truffle) is not impossible. There already orchards of these trees in Europe, North America and New Zealand. I'm not sure how to grow them but I am going to make an educated guess. Tell me what you guys think of this idea.

1, Cultivate spores on Agar or take a clone from a wild specimen.

2, Obtain  sapplings of the type of tree that that particular species of mushroom grows with simbiotically in nature.

3. Plant the sapplings in pots with pasteurized soil mix and some organic fertiziler.

4. Make high quantities of water blended agar or some type of liquid culture. 

5. Use this inoculant to water the sapplings..

6. Wait a bit (weeks, months?==) and use a magnifying glass to check for colonization of the sapplings roots systems.

7. Plants outside when the season is right and hope for the best!

Comments and Criticism of this idea are welcome.

UKshroomer

--------------------

Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: ukshroomer]
    #13281101 - 10/02/10 07:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yes, nobody said you couldn't grow them.
It would just take a long ass time, i hear some orchards taking up to 10 years before producing the first truffle.

For a home-grower i think it wouldn't be worth the effort. These mushrooms are best picked fresh when in season, like chantrelles. Sure, i heard people translating patches of mycelium under their garden conifers, and eventually seeing some mushrooms 6 years later.

It's a lot of work which requires one step above patience.

--------------------

we all breathe the same air, drink the same water, and draw our strength from the same giant fireball.

OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: rave420]
    #13281142 - 10/02/10 07:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Bravo, you got the process more or less right. The only thing you got wrong is step 6.

Quote:

6. Wait a bit (weeks, months?==) and use a magnifying glass to check for colonization of the sapplings roots systems.

You have to wait years for this to happen. It's a slow process. A guy I met this year pioneered these techniques with truffles. He managed to knock the wait time from ~15 years to ~5 years, and it's still an unreliable process. He sells inoculated trees as his business. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Niwita]
    #13281151 - 10/02/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

pretty much don't bother.

Grow something that only requires substrate to grow.

--------------------

OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13281286 - 10/02/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Grow something that only requires substrate to grow.

:thumbup:

That's your best bet.

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13284600 - 10/03/10 03:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ukshroomer said:

2, Obtain  sapplings of the type of tree that that particular species of mushroom grows with simbiotically in nature.

3. Plant the sapplings in pots with pasteurized soil mix and some organic fertiziler.

UKshroomer

Experience so far suggests that the period for ectomycorhizal infection is in the very early stages of a seedlings life. A sapling would not manage to be infected.

Farmers have been able to buy ready mycorhized plants (both fruit trees and vegetable seedlings for some time now, but the nursery has a lot of trouble getting high success rates and even if you buy certified infected plants results are patchy. You can even buy ecto and endomycorhize spores for innoculating your soil if you are planting on site. The instruction leaflets that come with these products all indicate optimum infection times under two weeks after germination (exact times depend on species).

Also, mixing in fertilizer would not help as it has also been found that the plants form symbiontic relationships with fungi much better in poor soils. If the soil is well fertilized the plant has no incentive to team up with the fungi.

--------------------

Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Nibin]
    #13284662 - 10/03/10 03:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

to sum this up

is it possible? Yes, sure is!
is it feasible? HELL NO.

grow some oysters or some shitakes, they are pretty "simple" to grow, if you know what you're doing, and taste delicious. I suggest you look at people that are already cultivating these things, and imitate their techniques. That's the best way to start.

--------------------

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #13284775 - 10/03/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Exactly. Grow something that can be easily grown at home, there is a wide variety of easily cultivated delicious mushrooms, and when the season is on (like it is now), go hunt for boletes. I'm sure you can get some info on your area, and make a nice road trip out of it. Also, boletes can be dried and stored for a long time, and you need just a bit to give any meal a magical aroma.

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Where can i find King Bolete syringes? [Re: Nibin]
    #13284896 - 10/03/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Boletus edulis (a.k.a King Bolete) is a mychorizal species. This means it lives in symbiosis with tree roots, specifically coniferous (i.e. pine trees) trees. They cannot grow without tree roots.

If there are no pine forests growing near where you are now, you can even give up on the idea of growing them outside too (which in any case is not very succesful and if they do not grow wild in your area introducing the fungus is probably illegal).

Quote:

Nibin said:
Quote:

ukshroomer said:

UKshroomer

Experience so far suggests that the period for ectomycorhizal infection is in the very early stages of a seedlings life. A sapling would not manage to be infected.

Farmers have been able to buy ready mycorhized plants (both fruit trees and vegetable seedlings for some time now, but the nursery has a lot of trouble getting high success rates and even if you buy certified infected plants results are patchy. You can even buy ecto and endomycorhize spores for innoculating your soil if you are planting on site. The instruction leaflets that come with these products all indicate optimum infection times under two weeks after germination (exact times depend on species).

Also, mixing in fertilizer would not help as it has also been found that the plants form symbiontic relationships with fungi much better in poor soils. If the soil is well fertilized the plant has no incentive to team up with the fungi.

Thanks for the valuable information Nibin. It makes sense that with fertilizer the plant would lack the incentive to make the necessary simbiosis with the mycelium. I never thought of that. Do you have any documents about the cultivation of ectomycorhyzzal fungi? Let us know.

Thanks
UKShroomer

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13285002 - 10/03/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have access to books and articles on the subject but they are in Spanish, which is the language my course is in. :crazy:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck