Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGEncore
Authentic
Male

Loc: Buenos Aires Flag
Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them * 1
    #13105191 - 08/26/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What I said in the thread title is hard to do. Very much so. What happened basically is, I was talking to a friend on MSN about how psychedelics helped me a lot. I wasn't trying to promote the drugs to him, I never do this, I just wanted to justify myself since he refused to believe me. So I wrote the following to him:

The only thing these drugs do is break down mental barriers. This increases the receptors in your whole body, making you hear better, be more sensible to the touch, and mostly hallucinate. Hallucinations caused by these drugs mostly come in the form of the colors of the rainbow. Did you know that the white light we see every day is made of these colors? What the drug is doing is letting you take in more of the universe, which is a frequency of energy waves and we normally only perceive a tiny bit.

This enlarged perception is not enlightenment, nor is it detrimental. It's just more of the same. Everything else that goes on in your mind while under the influence of the drug is your brain being confused by the strange signals it's receiving, signals it's never seen before. How you react to these strange symptoms is key to understanding yourself, your personality, and help you improve your life. Psychedelics are what you make of them, like pretty much everything else in life.

They're not addictive, they don't fry your brain. Please know this. Abusing them is bad, of course, just like abusing exercise, food, video games...

Life is short, but there are infinite ways to experience it. Know your limits, but don't increase them.

Surely you'll agree with at least something of what I said above? He proceeded to call me a junkie.

sigh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: GEncore]
    #13105199 - 08/26/10 12:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Lol your "friend" is a huge douche bag if he called you a junkie after that.  One of the most eloquent explanations I have read.  Two thumbs up!

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #13105288 - 08/26/10 01:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I like to explain them as such. They will randomly put an extreme emphasis on an object, idea, thought, person, place, etc.. as if it were a complete novelty in your mind. Experiencing old things in a whole new light.

If you start talking about receptors, perception changes, and hallucinations; people just tune it out because they aren't familiar with those words and what they actually mean in that context.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

OfflineGEncore
Authentic
Male

Loc: Buenos Aires Flag
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: pmb]
    #13105303 - 08/26/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pmb said:
I like to explain them as such. They will randomly put an extreme emphasis on an object, idea, thought, person, place, etc.. as if it were a complete novelty in your mind. Experiencing old things in a whole new light.

If you start talking about receptors, perception changes, and hallucinations; people just tune it out because they aren't familiar with those words and what they actually mean in that context.

That's true. It's a difficulty I have, changing my wording around from what I actually want to say so the other person will understand better. It's something I'm trying to perfect, as I'm studying to become a psychologist.

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
    #13105325 - 08/26/10 01:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Tell them it's a colorful, emotional roller-coaster powered by musical and biblical chants that spontaneously manifest from all corners of the room, giving way only to your fears, tears, and giggles as you get an infinite series of high fives at every twist and turn from cartoonish characters who seem familiar but you aren't quite sure if they want to make love to you or steal your testicles.

OfflineMcTimeKeeper
Stranger

Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: Arden]
    #13105412 - 08/26/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

People fear what they don't know. My friend has been that way for a while but is finally going to trip a.s.a.p, up until this point there has been a lot of arguing...

LOTS of arguing.

--------------------
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

Offlinemarcusxavier
Professor for a modest fee
Male

Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: McTimeKeeper] * 1
    #13106291 - 08/26/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I usually tell people its like being a kid again, experiencing the world again for the first time, like your whole life/reality is a room and youve been watching it through a window, by taking psychedelics its like someone just notified you that there is another window on the adjacent wall to look through, which allows you to see the room from a different perspective, allowing you to see parts of the room you hadnt noticed before.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: marcusxavier]
    #13106551 - 08/26/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

marcusxavier said:
....like your whole life/reality is a room and youve been watching it through a window, by taking psychedelics its like someone just notified you that there is another window on the adjacent wall to look through, which allows you to see the room from a different perspective, allowing you to see parts of the room you hadnt noticed before.

^^^I like that....

I always bring up the aspect that psychedelics allow you to view and perceive things differently, you can look at things from a different view...That's a good way to put it

:stoner:

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#13106562 - 08/26/10 06:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It might behoove you to get your science correct

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #13106604 - 08/26/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GEncore said:
What I said in the thread title is hard to do. Very much so.

Thats as far as i read. Its not hard to do, its impossible to do. W.e situation you are in where you try to do this is a waste of time.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinelivelovelaugh
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #13107956 - 08/26/10 11:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Surely you'll agree with at least something of what I said above? He proceeded to call me a junkie.

not gonna lie, i had the exact same mindset as your friend. i too, called my friends druggies and junkies and whatever else of that nature. i refused to listen or understand everything they tried to tell me about psychedelics. i was so adamantly against any drugs that weren't alcohol, marijuana or mdma (being the only other drug ive used [i know now its worse for you than lsd, shrooms or dmt, lol]) i would cause countless arguments over it with my friends. 
but after listening to the way my boyfriend describes psychedelics and the capabilities it has to allow you to learn things about yourself, and help lead you on the path intended for you, ive greatly changed my views on psychedelics. i believe, when used properly, they can assist users achieve some sort of inner peace, and knowledge about yourself and the world. help you, and guide you, in ways. 
i dont know if i'm on the right path with what i just said, but hopefully i have some sort of idea, given i've never done psychedelics. Can't wait for the day i finally do!

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: livelovelaugh]
    #13107996 - 08/26/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Explaining psychedelics to someone who hasn't tried them is like trying to explain vision to someone who was born blind. They can't possibly begin to understand it.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

#13108006 - 08/26/10 11:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey OP you may find this interesting.

It explains the nature of the geometric hallucinations that are very common to psychedelics.

It almost made me wanna study maths and neuroscience :awesomenod::thumbup:

BTW your friend sounds like an ignorant douche :facepalm:

--------------------

Offlinefloatingupstream

Loc: FL Flag
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: mellowparty]
    #13108078 - 08/27/10 12:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Stupid people tend to fear what is taboo...

Offlineelectricfeel
wild wallflower
Female

Loc: sinking into the center
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: Arden]
    #13108318 - 08/27/10 01:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
Tell them it's a colorful, emotional roller-coaster powered by musical and biblical chants that spontaneously manifest from all corners of the room, giving way only to your fears, tears, and giggles as you get an infinite series of high fives at every twist and turn from cartoonish characters who seem familiar but you aren't quite sure if they want to make love to you or steal your testicles.

precisely.

however, if you're going to invest energy trying to explain it to anyone who has never done it before, you're much better off talking about it only to the people who sincerely want to know. you can't show anything to someone who's in the dark, it's best to just let them go on their way and save the energy for something more productive IMO.

--------------------

OfflineHcpsfarinaja
Stranger
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: electricfeel]
    #13550236 - 11/27/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I hate it, I have had mind shattering experiences that have absolutely taken my ego and ripped into pieces and scattered it throughout the universe. But trying to explain it people close to me makes me sound like some idealist drugged out hippie. My world is changed and they just don't even know. Fuck it, People on the shroomery know what's up

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Explaining psychedelics to people who've never tried them [Re: Hcpsfarinaja]
    #13550300 - 11/27/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

there are some things words just cannot express. tripping is one of them. you can tell someone about how you feel on it, what you see on it, but there's just no capturing of the essence of psychedelics.

my first trip was like a giant lightbulb going off in my brain. each subsequent trip has turned the light on again and illuminated my path. the light makes everything so much clearer, its an afirmation (or correction to) the path i am taking in life. every time.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag