Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing in BULK! [Re: trapp_king]
    #13097201 - 08/24/10 07:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No that doesnt sound right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing in BULK! [Re: Damion5050]
    #13097207 - 08/24/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#13097213 - 08/24/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trapp_king said:
Quote:

. Tape can be taken off the holes when colonization reaches 60-70%. At this time the jars should be flipped upside down until they finish colonizing.

does that sound right?

nope. the tape can be taken off during the inoculation. provided you are using the dry verm barrier.

never flip your jars. if you get the correct jars you will not need to flip them.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinekrum
la muerte peluda

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: k00laid]
    #13097330 - 08/24/10 08:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
never flip your jars. if you get the correct jars you will not need to flip them.

Word to that man, flipping actually fucked my up, well kinda.  I read somewhere to flip at 50-75% colonization, I did that, and it basically stalled them.  Continued to grow, but not in the direction of covering the sub.  I turned that right side up and they continued on their merry way.

Invisiblem00nshine
ÜBER SHAMAN
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BALLS DEEP
    #13097486 - 08/24/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trapp_king said:
Quote:

. Tape can be taken off the holes when colonization reaches 60-70%. At this time the jars should be flipped upside down until they finish colonizing.

does that sound right?

I believe you got that from my TEK, it does mention that tape is not necessary with the PF TEK. You also don't have to flip the jars. That TEK was based on one of my grows in which I had a 98.7 % success rate (Colonization -> Bulk sub -> Fruiting). I have used all these methods with success.

--------------------

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
Re: growing in BULK! [Re: m00nshine]
    #13097840 - 08/24/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Woah...where did this thread take a turn from bulk to PF cakes?

OP - when doing PF Tek there is no need for tape of any kind over the inoculation holes (which are also the GE holes) as the dry verm barrier serves as your contaminant barrier...and the tape can hinder GE...best to leave holes on a PF jar lid unobstructed for best results.

If you're serious about doing bulk,do it with quart jars of grains (or larger jars or spawn bags,your preference)...they colonize faster,the jars can be shook after 30% colonization (the bags can be kneaded) to spread the mycelium around because when you work with grains there is more surface area.When working with grains you want to use something as a GE filter like Tyvek,Polyfill,Syringe Filters...make two 1/8" to 1/4" holes in the lids,stuff one tightly with polyfill or tape/silicone some tyvek over it or silicone a syringe filter in place,slap some rtv silicone on the other one to make a homemade self healing injection port.

--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: krum]
    #13097860 - 08/24/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

krum said:
Quote:

k00laid said:

Word to that man, flipping actually fucked my up, well kinda.  I read somewhere to flip at 50-75% colonization, I did that, and it basically stalled them.  Continued to grow, but not in the direction of covering the sub.  I turned that right side up and they continued on their merry way.

Krum,did you make sure to leave the flipped jars elevated off of whatever they were sitting on...if not the reason it fucked up is because you blocked any and all GE.

I have flipped,and not flipped stalled jars...I never really noticed a difference between the two most of the times...but every once in a while the flipped jars took off.

Was it due to me flipping the jars and making sure they were elevated off of whatever it was they happened to be sitting on colonizing,or was it genetics....who knows,as back then I hadn't read on how to isolate for a monoculture and the things that follow....who knows:shrug:

woah,why'd my text come out looking like that...I didn't hit bold...

Edited by Mad_Hatter2004 (08/24/10 10:03 PM)

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: growing in BULK! [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13097964 - 08/24/10 10:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I havent been around the shroomery for a couple years.

so when did everyone switch from double tubs to monotubs?

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Student of a Celestial Source
Male

Loc: Southern East Coast, The ...
    #13098071 - 08/24/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Damn...... Everyone here is so nice i think if wen i started i asked something like that not one person would have said anything but dont be lazy and do your research... Man!!! U got it golden Trapp... We all have done lot and lot and lots of reading... And u have to in order to be able to sniff out the bull/people that dont know wat there doin. Takes a lot of time... lol my chick is about ready to throw her own computer out the window so that i get my face out of it. BUTTTT I now am very very happy and proud of what ive learned and wat i can do. But anyways like i said u got it golden u where lucky enuf to have these veterans answer ur distress call just follow one of these suggested teks. And by that i mean "Follow It To The T" And u WILL accomplish wat u want....

--------------------
Love, Light & Happy Trails

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Student of a Celestial Source
Male

Loc: Southern East Coast, The ...
Re: growing in BULK! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #13098084 - 08/24/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i personally use a Green house With 8 trays and love it

--------------------
Love, Light & Happy Trails

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

Edited by ThUmB pRiNt (08/24/10 10:58 PM)

OfflineDrasman123
Male
Male

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #13098089 - 08/24/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Do what Damion does in his coir tek, but then after 2 flushes dump your substrate in a garden or a good spot in the woods and come back to water, you will have 100g + Fruits (wet of course, the way we like it :wink:..

--------------------
“Falling in love is like eating mushrooms, you never know if it's the real thing until it's too late.”

Nothing says morning like a cup of coffee and some mycology work!

Offlineidunno
PinkWebBuffalo
 User Gallery

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: herb420]
    #13098184 - 08/24/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Coir if you cant find, Horse shit, or cow shit. Thats there native substrate, Coir prolly the next best thing- really prolly not to much different with ae additives. :2cents:  as far as ea sly prolly would be the coir just cause you can go to the store to get it, not a field to find shit

--------------------
The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic..  Josef Stalin

OfflineDrasman123
Male
Male

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: idunno]
    #13098191 - 08/24/10 11:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A good recipe for coir is 1 brick coir, 2 quarts of vermiculite, Hydrate with 1 gallon of 30-50% drinking strength coffee water, and add worm castings / coffee at about 10% by volume.

You can play with this by adding manures or more coffee, and even chicken manure. Just be careful not to use more than 50% coffee/water mix as it can slow colonization.

Dry coffee grounds will match vermiculite ounce for ounce in water retention.

--------------------
“Falling in love is like eating mushrooms, you never know if it's the real thing until it's too late.”

Nothing says morning like a cup of coffee and some mycology work!

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: idunno]
    #13098212 - 08/24/10 11:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

idunno said:
Coir if you cant find, Horse shit, or cow shit. Thats there native substrate, Coir prolly the next best thing- really prolly not to much different with ae additives. :2cents:  as far as ea sly prolly would be the coir just cause you can go to the store to get it, not a field to find shit

And you don't have to worry about properly pasteurizing coir/verm bulk substrate...just use 1 brick coir,2 quarts vermiculite,place in a 5 gallon bucket and add 4 to 4.5 quarts of boiling water to make roughly 10 quarts of coir/verm bulk substrate...you can safely add gypsum to that mixture too.

If you use any horse manure it has to be field aged and dried,not stable poo,you want it to be leached by the rain and sun so it is free of any urine/ammonia.Also bulk substrate ingredients/additives like manure,spent coffee grounds,castings,straw,etc.;have to be properly pasteurized for a guaranteed success rate.

If you use any ingredients other then coir/vermiculite/gypsum in your bulk substrate recipe,I would highly advise you to do as seen in this link...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13024733#13024733

I have said quite a few times over the last week,lots of people still want to argue that they have used ingredients such as manure,spent coffee grounds,etc. with the boiling water in a bucket method,but just because they had success with it (if they actually did at all) doesn't mean it's proper pasteurization which is what is recommended if using bulk substrate ingredients that contaminate easily if not PROPERLY pasteurized...

A lot of people wanted to argue with me in this particular thread
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13091743/fpart/1/vc/1

And then The Man (RR) came and backed me up...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13092432#13092432

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Two things, which you've already been told repeatedly above, but I'll repeat in case you didn't understand.

1. Pouring hot water on a substrate is not pasteurization.  Pasteurization involves fully hydrating the substrate to field capacity, and then loading into bags or jars.  Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the mass, and slowly heat the substrate to 140F and hold it there for 60 to 90 minutes.  For best results, make sure the substrate never exceeds 160F at any time in the process.

2. If you supplement with coffee grinds, you must use spent coffee grinds, not fresh. In other words, brew a pot of coffee with it first.  If you use fresh, you're brewing liquid coffee into your substrate, and liquid coffee will be green within days.
RR

I hope it actually goes through this time around.

--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Edited by Mad_Hatter2004 (08/24/10 11:46 PM)

Offlinetrapp_king
madd_scientist
Male

Re: growing in BULK! [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13099740 - 08/25/10 11:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok so what if its too cold outside to dump it out there for more flushes? should i get some soil and try to mimick the outdoors with some kind of FC?

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#13099749 - 08/25/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trapp_king said:
ok so what if its too cold outside to dump it out there for more flushes? should i get some soil and try to mimick the outdoors with some kind of FC?

nah i would just bury it. it might fruit one day.

btw mimicking the outdoors is all we do at much cult :suckit:

--------------------

Edited by k00laid (08/25/10 11:38 AM)

Offlinetrapp_king
madd_scientist
Male

#13099785 - 08/25/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

should i try to get get more then two flushes out of it before i bury it then? and how deep should i bury it?

--------------------

OfflineFrizzle
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ןןɐ s,ʇı

#13099800 - 08/25/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

there isn't much science behind chucking your used substrate out doors.

kick a little dirt over it and foggedaboutit

--------------------

Whistle your favorite tune when it's all said and done,
if your maker don't approve at least you know you've had your fun

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#13099845 - 08/25/10 11:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

oh ya. only bury it after its spent or contaminated.

i just dig the hole big enough for it (the substrate) to still be at the surface

then cover it with some leaves. water it every morning if you can. if not i've gotten outdoor flushes 100% unattended.

--------------------

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
    #13099932 - 08/25/10 12:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

poundage you say?
get a load of this.and this

heres mine:

im not ready for the third bin yet, so its not hooked up.
last grow= 1 1/4lb. throw the sub out after 2 flushes, after that its a waste of time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale