Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Alcohol Evaluation for DUI...
    #13060207 - 08/16/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So, I recently got a DUI.  I blew a 0.09% BAC, but the pig-cop still brought me to the station and put me in the drunk tank.  Those small town copper fucks.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have to get an alcohol evaluation before I can get a deferred judgment, which entails me meeting with some counseling firm.  I was not convicted of any charges associated with any other substance than alcohol. 

Here is the deal.  I smoke pot.  In the event that I go to this counseling firm, will I have to take a piss test?  Are the alcohol evaluations for DUIs also include drug testing?  Does this purely depend on the state? 

Thanks

M

--------------------
Of course, then there's the problem of eating vermiculite. On the bright side, it makes your poop and teeth glitter.  Just pretend it's christmas.
-RR

Those mushrooms are fine.  Your friend is a pussy.
-RR

Outdoor Patch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMalachi Constant
chronosynclastic
Male

Loc: US, Earth, Solar System
Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: M11]
    #13060239 - 08/16/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure everywhere is different... all I can suggest is stay clean for a little while (detox, smoke K2, or any JWH-018 if you really have to) and do not admit to ANY previous use of drugs, and the amount of alcohol you consume.

--------------------

"I was a victim, of a series of accidents, as are we all" - The Space Wanderer

Milk Crate Grain Strainer tek... for gratuitous amounts of grain straining.

OfflineDivinity
Wanderer of Paths
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: Malachi Constant]
    #13060252 - 08/16/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I had to do a substance abuse evaluation back in july for possession shit. I dunno if its the same as the alcohol one but I hadda pay 100 bucks and take a piss test.
Just play it safe and dont do anything till after the test.

--------------------

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #13060292 - 08/16/10 04:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

They won't piss test. Say you don't do drugs and you are totally straight-edge. You might get away with zero hours of counseling if they think you're being honest.

Also, don't minimize your drinking. Say you never drink. Once a month at most. Say you have a full-time job even if you really don't. Say you messed up bad and make sure the number of drinks you say you had the night of your arrest match up with their standard charting. BAC of .09 is 4 beers. any .02 higher is another beer depending on your weight, but they always overlook the weight on purpose.

I'm not one to condone lying, but they're a bunch of liars that are just trying to fuck you over so fuck 'em. Do what you have to.

--------------------

Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: Divinity]
    #13060299 - 08/16/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Here, a DUI will get you probation, and it doesn't matter what your on probation for, you will get pissed.

Not sure about your assessment class, better safe than sorry is about all you can try for.

I blew a 0.170% when I got my DUI, they dropped the charges because the arresting officer was fired and no one took his case.

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: lil_demented]
    #13060323 - 08/16/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That's not true. I got significant risk because I had a prior drug charge on my record. Reporting supervision for 1 yr, 30 hrs counseling, and no piss tests. My lawyer pulled some strings so I don't have random drug tests. And most of the places who do counseling only do the oral swab btw..

Also, your BAC was double the limit! His is low and he has no record. He''s in the clear if he does it right. ANd it's not probation, it's supervision. Huge difference. Depending on the results of the evaluation, the best case is no classes and supervision for one year. The worst case is reporting supervision for 1 yr, with 60 hours counseling, and piss tests. But that's just not gonna happen to M11.

--------------------

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #13060386 - 08/16/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The thing that really pisses me off is how little I actually drink.  I prefer ganja and boomers.  That is just how I roll.  Alcohol is so damn expensive and I have a naturally high tolerance to it. 

The pig-cop was completely incompetent too.  My lawyer completely embarrassed him over the telephone conference.  He had me do field sobriety tests that aren't even standard; plus he fell over while demonstrating the one-leg stand test.  My lawyer sure did give him the run around for that -laughed out loud over the phone with him and the judge.  He has been suspended twice too.  What a power tripping, incompetent, unqualified, skin-headed pig.

--------------------
Of course, then there's the problem of eating vermiculite. On the bright side, it makes your poop and teeth glitter.  Just pretend it's christmas.
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #13060447 - 08/16/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

...dude no offense it seems like you're taking your anger out on the cop who was completely in the right to put you under arrest.  "Over the limit, under arrest."  Driving intoxicated :nonono:

mistake though I'm sure

also out of curiosity, how did you have this run in? Sobriety check point or pulled over?

Edited by PreparationH (08/16/10 05:30 PM)

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: PreparationH]
    #13060498 - 08/16/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
...dude no offense it seems like you're taking your anger out on the cop who was completely in the right to put you under arrest.  "Over the limit, under arrest."  Driving intoxicated :nonono:

mistake though I'm sure

Nah.  I understand that numbers are numbers, but this cop has quite a history in the community as being a complete asshole.  He did several things when making the arrest that are not under our state law.  He also lied under oath while on the telephone conference and my laywer called him out on it (ie. claiming he used a radar gun to clock me when in fact he paced me and guessed how fast I was going... he followed me for about 2 miles too, which is also not kosher).  It was pretty pathetic listening to him scramble and mumble over the phone while attempting to keep his words and his own damn police report straight.  Also, the police station had not had their legit BAC machine calibrated in over 11 months. 

Cop was previously suspended on the grounds for calling a black man a "nigger" to his face.  What a pig. 

We actually had a DD arranged for that night, but he had an emergency to attend to, so I tapped out from drinking because I would be driving.  My passenger ended up blowing a 0.16 BAC.  Better me than her I guess considering she was on probation for a DUI from the same guy. 

:facepalm:

--------------------
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: PreparationH]
    #13061116 - 08/16/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:

Sobriety check point or pulled over?

Pulled over on the grounds of taking a "wide turn" while exiting a parking lot.  The cop then followed me for two miles before pulling me over.

--------------------
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

#13061312 - 08/16/10 08:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

All those details are irrelevant to the evaluation. Just go in there, pretend to have self-torment over the whole bit and show remorse and you should be able to pull this off.

I'm just reminding you to keep your head in the game.

:cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

#13061391 - 08/16/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It is to my understanding that I just have to make an appointment with this family counseling firm.  It doesn't seem like I will be drug tested.  I was never charged with being high or possession or anything like that; I don't see why that would be an issue. 

It does say in our state code "alcohol/substance evaluation."

--------------------
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

#13061704 - 08/16/10 10:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well I already told you they won't drug test you. Id that's all you;re worried about then fine. but why go through any sort of drug/alcohol classes at all if you can avoid it??

--------------------

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

#13061781 - 08/16/10 10:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have to take a drunk driving course in order to get my license back...

:rolleyes:

--------------------
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

#13073283 - 08/19/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No piss test.  I simply walked in and had a 1 hour alcohol/substance abuse meeting with a therapist.  I just denied my entire history of booming and toking.  No problems. 

:thumbup:

--------------------
-RR

-RR

Outdoor Patch

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

#13075371 - 08/19/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:congrats:

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#13075579 - 08/19/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

So, I recently got a DUI.  I blew a 0.09% BAC, but the pig-cop still brought me to the station and put me in the drunk tank.  Those small town copper fucks.  :rolleyes:

0.09 is impaired, get off the road :crankey:

Legal limit is 0.05 in Australia, you would have lost your license for 12 months.

Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcohol Evaluation for DUI... [Re: Chubba]
    #13075623 - 08/19/10 07:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:

0.09 is impaired, get off the road :crankey:

Legal limit is 0.05 in Australia, you would have lost your license for 12 months.

They sell disposable breth-a-lizers (?sp) at wall mart. You get two for like 10 bucks. Just keep it in the car so you can see if you should drive.

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

#13075637 - 08/19/10 07:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

*breathalyzer

Yeah, that really is a good idea. of course, you could always just keep track of your beers. if it's over 3 you shouldn't drive.

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#13075640 - 08/19/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

They sell disposable breth-a-lizers (?sp) at wall mart. You get two for like 10 bucks. Just keep it in the car so you can see if you should drive.

Those are SUPER inaccurate, I wouldn't trust them in the slightest.

I just follow the simple rule, if you drink, don't drive :shrug:

Drink at home, if you drink out of home either have a DD, organise a pickup or catch a taxi... never fails.

0.09 is definitely impaired and anyone caught at such a level should have their license revoked and a stiff fine... repeat offenders should get jail.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order