Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
On MDMA tolerance
    #13049042 - 08/14/10 12:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have a gripe with so called "common knowlege backed by science" on mdma.

I hear all the time that mdma works like this. Every time you dose, your tollerance goes up permenantly for 3 months. After about 4 doses within a 3 month period, mdma becomes useless. It would take way too much to get high, and the high wouldnt be nearly as good anyways.

Well, I have a couple buddies who have been doing mdma nearly every night, no joke or exaduration, for the past month. They are always flyin. Personally, i have done mdma maybe 10 times since the beggining of my summer (in may). I just took a single capsul, and i am so fuckin high and feeling such a pure good mdma vibe i cant believe it.

does anyone else feel the same way as me? what people say about tollerance and mdma is bullshit.

pardon the spelling, i dont feel like using the checker.

PEACE AND LOVE IN THE ZONE

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejustaguy

Loc: Flag
Re: On MDMA tolerance [Re: Kevin_X2]
    #13049050 - 08/14/10 12:14 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well it might b different for everyone...but 4 doses in 3 months with noticed diminished effects and it becomes useless? Nvr heard of that and I don't frankly believe that to be the truth at all,

--------------------

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: On MDMA tolerance [Re: justaguy]
    #13049063 - 08/14/10 12:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

justaguy said:
Well it might b different for everyone...but 4 doses in 3 months with noticed diminished effects and it becomes useless? Nvr heard of that and I don't frankly believe that to be the truth at all,

lol its definetly not true. No doubt in my mind. Just curiouse what other people experience or have heard with regard to tollerance.

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #13049094 - 08/14/10 12:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have rolled three days in a row and then two weeks later i rolled again and then a week after that. But after a 6 month break i still roll just as hard. Of course now-a-days i take more than i did when i first started but shit in 2 years i have rolled over 60 times and last time i did was in june and i was rolling my fucking face off. Everyone reacts differently man

Dont believe it when people say the 'magic' will go away for ever. This is definately not the case for me. In fact the hardest i ever rolled was my 12th time doing it

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #13049096 - 08/14/10 12:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I hear all the time that mdma works like this. Every time you dose, your tollerance goes up permenantly for 3 months. After about 4 doses within a 3 month period, mdma becomes useless. It would take way too much to get high, and the high wouldnt be nearly as good anyways.

I haven't heard anybody say this....
The 3 month timeline is probably referring to Alexander Shulgin (who first experimented with MDMA), and his recommendation of using no more than 4 times per year.

The reasoning behind this is quite simple... dosing more often than this will bring up the risk of "losing the magic". In other words, you have to give your serotonin system some time to recharge.

Dosing more often than 4 times per year won't necessarily cause a large rise in tolerance. However, this level of use seems to NOT bring up someones tolerance, hence Shulgin's recommendation.
Quote:

Well, I have a couple buddies who have been doing mdma nearly every night, no joke or exaduration, for the past month. They are always flyin. Personally, i have done mdma maybe 10 times since the beggining of my summer (in may). I just took a single capsul, and i am so fuckin high and feeling such a pure good mdma vibe i cant believe it.

This is almost certainly not sustainable. Go read some bluelight posts about losing the magic... there is a general consensus that daily or even weekly dosing of MDMA (while highly pleasureable in the short run) will quickly catch up with you.

Personally, I try (mostly successfully) to leave at least 4 weeks between uses. Yes, some people choose to use more often than this. Is it healthy? My guess (after doing my own research, and hearing of others' experiences) is NO.

--------------------
:sun:

Edited by ComaDivine (08/14/10 12:33 AM)

InvisibleHut

Loc: homb
    #13049097 - 08/14/10 12:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

dosing that often is def. doing neurotoxic damage

oopz

--------------------
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you. - Robert Anton Wilson

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: On MDMA tolerance [Re: ComaDivine]
    #13049099 - 08/14/10 12:34 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

true man. good info, thanks for that :thumbup:

im not too worried about healthy hahahaha. Hard to be while surfing this site.

edit: banking my life past 40 on medical science. woot

--------------------

Edited by Kevin_X2 (08/14/10 12:34 AM)

OfflineBoba JFET
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nebraska Flag
Re: On MDMA tolerance [Re: Hut]
    #13049110 - 08/14/10 12:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

3 months might be overkill, but there are some scientific facts involved. Seratonin release is a huge part of the method of of action for MDMA. Seratonin is depleted when you take MDMA. Seratonin levels in the brain can take weeks to adjust. Any doc prescribing an SSRI will tell you that. So it shouldn't be a surprise that when you do MDMA a lot, your seratonin levels get so low that MDMA doesn't work very well any more.

Your friends? Who knows. Scientific anomolies. Wonders of nature. Or they're popping thizz so loaded up with shit that they're getting high off of drugs that aren't even MDMA.

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: On MDMA tolerance [Re: Boba JFET]
    #13049121 - 08/14/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

no no definetly mdma. We used to get those pressed pills full of meth and coke and anything but mdma. But nowadays its really really pure, from big ass orange-white rock to powder for the capsul. But yeah, my friends are nuts i have no idea how much their taking nor do i care lol. give me a beer instead.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order