Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoisonCrazy
Stranger

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Seanfu]
    #13433775 - 11/04/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had two thought loops while shrooming.

First one:
Thought I was thirsty, got up, got a drink, drank it, realized my lips were numb/tingly and I wasnt really thirsty, sat back down onto the couch, then it would reloop, sometimes I would catch it and remember I just had tingly lips before getting up, and sometimes I would play the whole loop, over and over

Second one: I realized the buddy I was shrooming with was an archetype and so was I, I was the learner he was the teacher, so I would puzzle through something, and as soon as i figured it out, I would realize he had set me up to ask and answer the question, or the answer would lead to a new question, and I would be student again. The whole conversation was a fractal, which is kind of trippy in and of itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRazzl3Frazzl3
Female

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: PoisonCrazy]
    #13434017 - 11/04/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've had bad trips, bad whippits, etc, but i cant say i've ever had a thought loop. I think it's bc my mind is racing from one thought to another, ADD at it's best!

OfflineJustChill
Male

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Seanfu]
    #13437377 - 11/05/10 03:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seanfu said:
Quote:

k00laid said:
once while tripping my mind was stuck on lines, then it went to grids and then to cubes and back to grids and back to lines then to grids then to cubes and back to lines.

i couldnt stop thinking about it. it was white lines on a black background i was just trying to think about something else but i couldnt

Holy shit that sucks lol. I've been temporarily trapped before but not like that. When I was on nitrous I kept seeing the same animations over and over as if life is just an information loop. Over and over, fucking scary.

Same here!
Except in my animations i was watching myself do a whippit trying to tell myself the secret of the universe as i take a whippit but i would never remember what i told myself after, so i kept doing it over and over again...72 whippits later i never figured out what the fuck i was trying to tell myself lol

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: JustChill]
    #13437515 - 11/05/10 06:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: SummerDaisies] * 2
    #13440767 - 11/05/10 08:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A loop/"I figured it all out" moment is akin to overloading a computer with data.

Suddenly our brains, in being perturbed by exogenous psychedelics, are presented with the consummate All; time ends and all that can be experienced as a living, yet liberated, ego is a confusing loop of déjà vu/serendipity.

“Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful.” Aldous Huxley quoting Dr. C. D. Broad, 'The Doors of Perception'

--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Offlineelliusoopius
Strange
 User Gallery

Loc: tahoe
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Around In Circles]
    #13441626 - 11/05/10 11:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

warning, this post is a very long account of my most intense thoughtloop experience.

I had a pretty gnarly thought loop going on the first and only time I ate amanita muscaria.

It was basically like being trapped in a logical paradox.
I don't remember the exact content, but I do believe it was kicked off by the particular paradox of trying not to think about something. In this case, trying not to think about the fact that my trip was turning horribly horribly wrong.

It grew into a ridiculously long chain of thought that would grow and change, but always lead back to the same set of feelings/thoughts, and set the whole things spinning over and over again.
Wish I had a tape recording the event, it would be super interesting to hear what I was saying. Oh yeah, I was saying it out loud too, and it was consistent enough that the friend I was tripping with could anticipate what I was going to say next.

I had enough short term memory to recognize the fact that I had been through this whole loop over and over again, and eventually after becoming familiar enough with it, I was able to skip links in the succession of thoughts, which resulted in acceleration of the loop.
There was a whole system of loops, not just one simple repeating loop, like the odometer on the car, you would have a loop that went around a certain number of times, like the .1 place on the odometer, then a bigger loop would be completed, like the 1 place, then it would all repeat again until the 10 place would click over... etc.
So I was aware while it happened, that if it keeps accelerating the whole time, eventually it would be going so fast that it would all be happening at more or less the same time. I was afraid of what would happen when that moment was reached, but I was speeding out of control toward it.

Eventually I did reach that point, and experienced the voice of god(me). I asked this being of infinite knowledge what the worst time in my(his) life was, and he(I) told me that it was the time he(I) took LSD(for some reason I thought I was on acid or meth most of the time this was going on).

The time travel was not very convincing in the physical realm, but It was a very strange experience, where I felt that I was actually visiting this earlier time in the day (when I was freaking out) from later in the day (I imagined it to be about four pm.) we had all ready gotten caught by the parents of the friend's house we were tripping at, and had gone for a walk, and then I had been transported into the current moment just in time to witness the event that got us all busted(me freaking out)...
I realized that this is the moment that caused us to all get in trouble, and that was incorporated into the loop which was still happening on a different level, which I then descended back into, and tripped a horrible torturous trip for another 4 hours or so.

This all happened while walking back to the house at dawn, so that my friends parents wouldn't get suspicious why we were missing. The previously mentioned "worst moment of my life" happened right as I was crawling through his bedroom window. I then fell into delirium on his bed, and had visions of my self dying in various ways, the architecture of the house maddeningly restructuring itself in front of my eyes, coming back to reality long enough to notice that my friend were talking to each other and experiencing time backwards in relation to me. living the rest of my life, to my death, then disappearing to the other side of the veil, only to relive the whole thing again backward, then disappearing to the other side of the veil again and living it forward again, etc into infinity.
eventually I started to come down, and imagined my self as an onion, which I was peeling away the layers of, trying to find the center, but you just couldn't ever really get to the center, although it seemed you could keep peeling away for ever and get infinitely closer...

As for what was going on in the physical realm this whole time, we did get caught, because my friend whose house we were at thought I was insane and never coming down, and told his mom. We didn't get in trouble though, she was a nurse and was really cool about it. I think it was entertaining for her, she just told them to get me some water and checked in every once in a while.
The water was really helpful, because as I drank it, it was obvious that time was in fact moving in a linear fashion, because the water level would get lower and lower and it wouldn't go back up unless I went and filled it up again.

The only other time I have come close to this sort of loop experience, was on acid. I could feel myself just barely skirting the paradox, in an elliptical shape, like just barely having enough velocity to escape orbit of the paradoxes.

--------------------

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: elliusoopius]
    #13441841 - 11/06/10 01:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

One of the reasons I don't like smoking pot anymore is because of the awful thought loops. With each iteration, the thought changes slightly, until it eventually doesn't resemble the original thought at all. I realize this, but when I really try to focus on the original thought, it slips from my grasp and I fall back into the loop. Because I have a severe dislike for the mental claustrophobia this state of mind brings, these loops usually turn dark and nightmarish. Mary turned on me one day and she's never quite been the same :frown:

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #13442155 - 11/06/10 03:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My latest thought loop is imagining myself shrinking to the size of a pin-prick. Then as I become accustomed to my size, I shrink to the size of a pin-prick again and on and on. As I shrink again and again, my energy improves, health improves, joy improves. Each time I shrink I leave behind a spiritualized print of myself at my previous size, as my energy improves my self awareness is accompanied by increasing pleasure, every part of my being immersed in pleasure, as if becoming an eternal cosmic being who can do anything.

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

Loc: fl
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #13444922 - 11/06/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I remember getting these awful thought/time loops when i would trip.. upon contemplating myself in such a state i realized, the drug has shown me what i normally do any other day.. bring awareness into your thoughts and you realize you think in loops

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

OfflineRyusaki
Stranger

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: evildee125]
    #13450436 - 11/07/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Last time tripping i had a very funny and pleasent one. I found myself jumping on one leg while singing:

Row, row, row your boat,
    Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Life is but a dream.

Everytime i finished the last line, i had to giggle and then i startet all over. I did this for 5 - 10 min and felt very refreshed after that.

But i also had an unpleasent one with my buddy who was also tripping. We both where trapped in a loop and would constantly go from living room to the kitchen, open the refrigator (to get something to drink or so). But then we would just stand there glaring into the fridge without knowing what to do. When back in the living room we would start over. This would repeat several times until we broke the circle.

The first i mentioned was more of an trance state which was actually not confusing, the second one clearly was a short term loss we both experienced.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #13450905 - 11/07/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure if this is what some people are talking about, but I ate a pretty large amount of liquid like 3-4 weeks ago and all of a sudden the same thing kept on happening over and over again.  Time was literally on a loop and it kept on repeating itself.  Think groundhog day, put in 6-9 second blocks.  It was extremely terrifying, and I thought I lost it and was going insane.  I've had bad trips, but this scared me like no other trip I've ever had before.  I've eaten acid since then and didn't have the same experience.

--------------------

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: fapjack]
    #13451149 - 11/07/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

a loop is as follows. you are tripping on 5 grams of liberty caps.
there is a coffee stain on the kitchen table. you see the bacteria moving in the coffee ring.  you think of the universe, the bacteria, the humans...

you think back to coffee stain on the table...so on an so forth.

true story...

peace and love
bloodworm

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: bloodworm]
    #13451307 - 11/07/10 10:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the loop

peace and love
bloodworm

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: bloodworm]
    #13452437 - 11/08/10 06:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

self replicating self perpetuating cycle of thought and action :smile:

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinekuf66ver
Stranger

Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Kanker]
    #13457551 - 11/09/10 04:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I recently had my first thought loop on an estimated 350 mics of LSD.  I was at a music festival lounging in my chair and wanted to take a shower.  So I'd start to gather and organize my shower shit and realize something was in my car, or in another location.  I'd go to get it and before I even realized it I'm sitting back in the chair thinking I'm supposed to do something.  Then I remember "shower!" process starts over and over and over again.  It's very strange because I knew what was happening but I couldn't stop it and before I had a chance to get myself out of it, the cycle restarted.

Also during that trip, I was sitting on a bench and a man handed me a beer.  I cracked it open and I SWEAR I was sipping on it for hours and the amount of beer in the can didn't seem to go down at all.  I kept drinking for what seemed like forever until I couldn't anymore and had to throw it away with half of it still left.  Very strange, might have been a thought loop, or time dilation, or something else.

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: kuf66ver]
    #13457565 - 11/09/10 05:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

a man handed you the beer equivalent of the magic pudding and you threw it away!
for shame :frown:

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineAnarchist Medicine
Shah of Marzapan
Male

Loc: PA
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Kanker]
    #13457697 - 11/09/10 06:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Me and my friends call that "acid brain."  The worst was I wanted to get up, but I was just so damn comfortable that I didn't want to.  But I knew I had to, but hot damn was I comfortable.  Then I sucked my gf into that trip xD.  I've always have had the infinite thoughts on acid.  It usually starts out visually, and then the fractals enter my conscious and subconcious and then ego death.  Many times it is a realization in the patterning of time, or realizing the patterns in even the most chaotic of things.  i usually also have envisionings of how the dimensions work, and everytime I realize a new higher level, I think there must be something beyond that.  my worst time was one a double hit and I had to go to bed during the peak.
Acid brain is quite annoying imo.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Anarchist Medicine]
    #13457954 - 11/09/10 08:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

look up 'cloud of syllables'

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: Anarchist Medicine]
    #13457984 - 11/09/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've experienced loops of eternal recurrence where everything that has happened repeats itself eternally. I've been stuck in cycles of rebirth similar to what I've read about in Buddhist texts.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: What is everyones definition of a "loop" or "infinite thought loop" ? [Re: FleshCap]
    #13458003 - 11/09/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I saw loops while tripping - I didn't like that too much - in fact, I opened my third eye a bit too young, but I was lucky to be surrounded by various metaphysical teachers so I was able to incorporate, these looping mental tendencies are the time fruition of our internal mandalas - a study of the mandala itself shows a circle having emptiness on one hand and fullness on the other  - like the moon's cycles - one mandala incorporates others as various sets of infinities coexist! Examples - negatve integers=one set of infinity, positive integers=another, both together=another infinity, and fractions thereof=more infinities, thus all these infinities coexisting, wholenesses, which contain emptiness so as to explore all facets of itself - these can be called mandalas, yantras, and so on - as a primal starting place the works of Jung on mandala and collective unconscious, the works of Campbell on myth and the hero cycle, these are other universals which are parcels of inherent sentience and are loops of great causation....

--------------------
...or something

Edited by eve69 (11/09/10 09:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale