Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
smoking herb and running
    #13005839 - 08/05/10 07:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

anyone else feel that a good smoke before you go for a jog or is essential? when i was a kid i always sat around on my ass and played video games. never got into sports much. it wasnt till i started smoking herb alot when i was about 16 years old when i started running. I don't know what it is but when i started smoking it made me want to exercise. Now I find nothing takes the edge off and lowers stress for me like running. I still feel alot better about running if i smoke a little bowl or alittle hash before i run. it makes the run alot less boring, and more relaxing.

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefeifen

Re: smoking herb and running [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #13005875 - 08/05/10 07:41 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Get a vaporizer man! Its perfect before running, it'll be better than smoking right before hand. I agree though, I love to exercise while high, but it definitely makes my high go away fast if I am doing intense activity

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: smoking herb and running [Re: feifen]
    #13005881 - 08/05/10 07:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

nice yeah man, i really wanna buy a vape but they're so pricy

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Offlinefeifen

#13005927 - 08/05/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You can find a nice quality box whip that works great for like $100-$150 unless you just wanted to get something nicer, works just as good as any other vape really and vapes are definitely worth investing if you smoke a lot at home

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #13006043 - 08/05/10 08:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

pot won't kill you - even when running - dehydration and misinterpretation of body signals over a long period of time might. just be aware.  i have smoked and jogged - usually late at night when it's nice to have quiet streets all to ones lonesome.  be awere of the heat this summer - it's a killer.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #13006064 - 08/05/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What I've loved to do is do stretching exercises or practice acupressure on myself while stoned. The heightened sensations caused by cannabis would give me incentive to explore tension within my body and untie the bio-energetic knots I find. I've smoked a few times before running, but I find music alone does the trick for me and gives me that intensity I need, so I haven't really had any continued desire to do it again.

--------------------

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: smoking herb and running [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #13006126 - 08/05/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Pot always gets my blood pumping like one of those pre-workout supplements. And it gets my head right to focus on pushing myself.

I can't run without taking a few hits out the dugout!

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: smoking herb and running [Re: wellage]
    #13008355 - 08/05/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My girlfriend frequently smokes weed before runs. She says it just puts her in the mood to go out and be active.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#13009486 - 08/05/10 09:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/04/22 09:04 PM)

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: smoking herb and running [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #13010828 - 08/06/10 04:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i used to run 3 miles high alot no problem, no danger. just drink lots of water before your run as usual.

to me running can be tedious sometimes when i don't smoke, but combined with thc it is one of the most relaxing and stress relieving activities, to me atleast

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#13011335 - 08/06/10 08:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone here says weed + exercise is great. I don't understand, when I smoke weed I feel pretty much paralyzed from the waist down. :lol:

Exercising on weed I am out of breath at least 3 or 4 times faster than sober, to me it is almost impossible to imagine it being an aid.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: smoking herb and running [Re: Grapefruit]
    #13011350 - 08/06/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's always been part of my training regiment. If you started training with it regularly i'm sure you would notice the "blood pumping" effect too.

Offlinefeifen

#13011360 - 08/06/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
Everyone here says weed + exercise is great. I don't understand, when I smoke weed I feel pretty much paralyzed from the waist down. :lol:

Exercising on weed I am out of breath at least 3 or 4 times faster than sober, to me it is almost impossible to imagine it being an aid.

Don't smoke then. Use a vaporizer and you won't feel so worn down. I can definitely feel an improvement in my run because of better blood circulation and it makes me more in the "zone" so to speak..

Of course, it may not be for everyone. Everyone is different.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#13011683 - 08/06/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's that the way weed affects me is quite anxious these days. I remember I went snowboarding in canada for a couple of weeks with a mate and smoked on tons of high grade and felt like it definetly improved my performance and made me more in the zone. These days I don't really get that effect off weed and my muscles generally tense.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13019301 - 08/07/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I like to smoke and shadowbox.  I feel like I better understand striking with the whole body.  That with trance music cranking through headphones is a great time.  Doing full body stretches afterward feels amazing too.  I think I'm gonna do that now actually.

Offlinemarmarlun
!
 User Gallery

Re: smoking herb and running [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #13019736 - 08/07/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
What I've loved to do is do stretching exercises or practice acupressure on myself while stoned. The heightened sensations caused by cannabis would give me incentive to explore tension within my body and untie the bio-energetic knots I find. I've smoked a few times before running, but I find music alone does the trick for me and gives me that intensity I need, so I haven't really had any continued desire to do it again.

What's a bio-energetic knot?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds