Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: Rocker232]
    #12995319 - 08/03/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Xpatriot said:
Im making this post because I have seen too many threads and articles about smoking weed and anxiety. It has become quite clear to me and others that weed is a serious cause of anxiety.

Anxiety that will make you hate your life for years and make weed even worse. Ive seen it a thousand times, how can people think this drug is so harmless?

Im beginning to think that the paranoia experienced while high(which is not the result of it being illegal) activates parts of the brain regulating anxiety. The more this part of the brain is activated, the easier it is to become anxious to benign stimuli.

So yeah just wanted to get that out there, I know literally tons of people smoking weed who have serious anxiety problems. This drug is serious despite everyone's best efforts to convince themselves its not.

ps.-- i added a bit of exaggeration just lettin you know though, weed is def a serious contributor to most peopels anxiety problems.

No. Want to know what caused anxiety? Acceleration of your heart rate. Smoking weed causes this while the effect is minimal if you vape and most times doesn't occur at all at the right temp.

SMOKING WEED IS STUPID. Vaporizing is vastly superior. You save. You taste. You get a nicer high. End of story.

YES SMOKING WEED IS SOOOOOO STUPID

I WAS A FOOL TO SMOKE SO MUCH WEED, IT GAVE ME CANC- uhh wait what? yea vapings better but smoking it isn't stupid brah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: blazenn]
    #12996433 - 08/03/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

my lips gettin burnt, my fingertips black and my eyes halfway open

*cough* and I'm chokin

BUT BITCH IM STILL SMOKIN

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinerakipo
faggot
Female User Gallery

Loc: heaven
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: the bizzle]
    #12996452 - 08/03/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i can usually overcome my anxiety when im high. and if you feel that it makes you too anxious to handle, dont smoke it and shut the fuck up.

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Marcus Brigstocke Nintendo CEO

:pacman:

living is dandy when kaya is handy

MALE ENHANCEMENT IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER http://cheapmalehealthproducts.webs.com/biggerpenisnopills.htm

OfflineTranscensInProgres
Stranger
Male

Loc: South East England
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: rakipo]
    #13005686 - 08/05/10 05:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

imo green doesnt cause anxiety, it just intensifies problems that already exist... to make you aware of them.

Offlinefeifen

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: blazenn]
    #13005860 - 08/05/10 07:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Xpatriot said:
Im making this post because I have seen too many threads and articles about smoking weed and anxiety. It has become quite clear to me and others that weed is a serious cause of anxiety.

Anxiety that will make you hate your life for years and make weed even worse. Ive seen it a thousand times, how can people think this drug is so harmless?

Im beginning to think that the paranoia experienced while high(which is not the result of it being illegal) activates parts of the brain regulating anxiety. The more this part of the brain is activated, the easier it is to become anxious to benign stimuli.

So yeah just wanted to get that out there, I know literally tons of people smoking weed who have serious anxiety problems. This drug is serious despite everyone's best efforts to convince themselves its not.

ps.-- i added a bit of exaggeration just lettin you know though, weed is def a serious contributor to most peopels anxiety problems.

No. Want to know what caused anxiety? Acceleration of your heart rate. Smoking weed causes this while the effect is minimal if you vape and most times doesn't occur at all at the right temp.

SMOKING WEED IS STUPID. Vaporizing is vastly superior. You save. You taste. You get a nicer high. End of story.

I WAS A FOOL TO SMOKE SO MUCH WEED, IT GAVE ME CANC- uhh wait what? yea vapings better but smoking it isn't stupid brah

I think you missed his point. He is saying when you have the (easily) obtainable option of getting a vaporizer, there is no point in smoking, and I agree, smoking is stupid. Do I smoke weed sometimes? Yes. After getting a vaporizer though it seems so stupid to waste my health. After I vape, I can get deep, deep breaths and feel just great. After smoking my mouth is dry, my lungs are irritated, I'm coughing and just overall I feel dragged down

Vape is win/win :shrug:

Invisiblerezen
Time Traveler
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: feifen]
    #13006075 - 08/05/10 08:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I only get anxious with sativas and I think a lot of people smoking weed that are posting these kind of threads probably are doing the same without knowing it. I have never once been anxious off an indica no matter how potent it was if anything it makes you calm and want to sleep. The majority of new pot smokers don't even know what kind they are smoking thus they are prone to get panic or anxiety attacks off their weed. Some potent sativa strains can really be intense almost like coming up on a psychedelic trip.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: TranscensInProgres]
    #13007484 - 08/05/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TranscensInProgres said:
imo green doesnt cause anxiety, it just intensifies problems that already exist... to make you aware of them.

yea that you have anxiety and shouldnt be smoking:foreheadslap:

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: Konyap]
    #13008051 - 08/05/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

you know

nothing has healed my spirit like weed

but there was on period of extreme difficulty I was going through, the one time where I really simply couldn't handle weed, BUT

that was only because it made me extremely aware of things I didn't want to think about

and ultimately that was my own problem, and inability to let go and accept thangs as they are

aside from that its just not good in certain situations such as those that would make you extremely paranoid of police, but again that all comes down to set and setting

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: the bizzle]
    #13008077 - 08/05/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Weed honestly doesn't create anxiety or paranoia IME, it just has a tendency to reveal the anxious, paranoid behaviors carried out by the unconscious mind.

In other words: does not make your anxiety and paranoia worse, just makes you notice it more intensely than usual.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: feifen]
    #13008084 - 08/05/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Xpatriot said:

I think you missed his point. He is saying when you have the (easily) obtainable option of getting a vaporizer, there is no point in smoking, and I agree, smoking is stupid. Do I smoke weed sometimes? Yes. After getting a vaporizer though it seems so stupid to waste my health. After I vape, I can get deep, deep breaths and feel just great. After smoking my mouth is dry, my lungs are irritated, I'm coughing and just overall I feel dragged down

Vape is win/win :shrug:

Yes. The list of benefits is insane. Obviously not everyone can vape but if you have the option do it. My mind feels so much clearer these days from vaping instead of smoking weed. Smoking weed seems to really put me in a daze. I don't want weed to make me escape reality; I want it to help me embrace it.

Vape kids, its the bees knees.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13008086 - 08/05/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It would kind of be like crediting a telescope with inventing the surface of Mars.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinenanomagnetic
cascadian
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Rose City Flag
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13008308 - 08/05/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

In Dragons of Eden Carl Sagan wrote about his experience with marijuana. He figured that if THC is quieting our logic and language centers in the brain, then the more intuitive and emotional traits get expressed more easily.

Fear, paranoia, and anxiety are all very strong emotional reactions. I don't think weed causes these emotions, but it does allow them to surface more easily. I mean, who else has smoked way too much bubble hash and then gone to a party where you don't know anyone there? In the wrong state of mind social anxiety goes unchecked and can cripple a person.

But weed isn't the root cause.

--------------------
Being an ant is the worst mindfuck ever. They can never hold on to any memories, or come up with any real ideas, or even understand what the fuck is going on, ever.

The Century of the Self: Happiness Machines; The Engineering of Consent; There's a Policeman Inside All Our Heads, He Must be Destroyed; Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering

Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time. ~carl sagan

Invisiblefabstab
a synthetic kind of love
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: nanomagnetic]
    #13109311 - 08/27/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

someone said earlier pot causes anxiety but helps depression. I agree with this, I'd rather feel a little jittery and nervous rather than having no passion to live, which happens.

maybe a solution is to cut back on how much you smoke... what kind your smoking etc. personally I was high for pretty much all of 2009 and I have a hard time remembering that entire year. that's not healthy and it's pretty sad I can't remember some fucking awesome times that were had. I just have bits and pieces, I'm sure weed contributed to this.

--------------------

Tripping? Here you go:  acid cubes  colorwall  mesmerizer  maninthedark  zoom  interactive kaleidoscope

OfflineThe Todd
I...Am...Job
Male

Loc: Fuck Yeah
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: fabstab]
    #13109517 - 08/27/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

2008 was the same for me. I was high the entire year, and I don't have many clear memories of this time, though I was doing more shit that year than I did most other years of my life. Kinda sucks, but maybe mary knows best, and feels that I don't need those memories. Ah well

OfflineTM2443
Lizard King
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: The Todd]
    #13109586 - 08/27/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

OR is this a correlation vs causation issue? It's a well known fact that life-long social anxiety highly correlates with marijuana use. But does this mean that the weed is causing long term anxiety, or is it more likely that people who smoke weed regularly and have a family history of anxiety (like myself)are doing it for some relief?

When I first started smoking I only had anxiety when not smoking, and the weed calmed me down but now my anxiety is bad as it's ever been.

I came to the same conclusion as the OP and quit smoking to reduce my anxiety and it only became worse.... Who knows

Edited by TM2443 (08/28/10 07:30 AM)

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: TM2443]
    #13109598 - 08/27/10 11:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

For me the only anxiety associated with weed is the fact that it is illegal.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: nicechrisman]
    #13112417 - 08/28/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

seriously if you want to cry, cry no ones going to laugh at you about it.

OfflineTranscensInProgres
Stranger
Male

Loc: South East England
Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: tak]
    #13112865 - 08/28/10 03:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i find it depends on how much i smoke and the reason im smoking it.
sometimes i prang out hard lol

but then sometimes i just feel like I'm living in a dream

OfflineTM2443
Lizard King
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: TranscensInProgres]
    #13113161 - 08/28/10 07:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm starting to think the weed brings out what you're worried about subconsciously. I was feeling very anxious at the time anyway and couldn't smoke at all or I'd freak out. Now that the stress inducing situation which I was trying not to think about blew over, I'm back to lovin every minute of smokin my green:awehigh:

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety [Re: TM2443]
    #13113166 - 08/28/10 07:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TM2443 said:
I'm starting to think the weed brings out what you're worried about subconsciously. I was feeling very anxious at the time anyway and couldn't smoke at all or I'd freak out. Now that the stress inducing situation which I was trying not to think about blew over, I'm back to lovin every minute of smokin my green:awehigh:

This is why I love Marijuana. It doesn't allow me to mask my unhappiness. It shoves it in my face until I fix it.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order