Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
How To Build A Cheap Dog House * 1
    #12981838 - 07/31/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have been meaning to build a dog house for my American Bulldogs for a while now. My dogs fought last week and now I have decided to separate them permanently once and for all.

After much research I found the blueprints to a dog house that was simple, clear, and cheap to build. I built one today, I still have to build another one next week for my other dog.

This is a easy as it gets. 

Material:

(2) 8x4 pieces of plywood

(4) 8ft 2x4's.

Optional: You can also buy Insulation as an option for this dog house, this is what I found so cool about it!

Tools:

Pencil

Tape Measure

Hand Drill

Circular Saw

Box of screws (1 5/8)

Here are the blueprints. (Note) Click the image then click the white x on the bottom right corner of the picture to expand further.

First I laid my plywood down and made all my measurements according to the blueprints. I used one of the 2x4's t draw the lines. Then I got my brand new Craftsman Circular Saw, this baby has laser guide and led light.

Here is Kanna waiting for her new house. Too bad this one isnt for her, its for her sister Darleen. Once I had all my pieces cut I laid them out.

First I put the 2x4 slabs on the two side panels, then I attached the back panel to the sides. I used my Ryobi Drill. While Dewalt is the top line, Ryobi is such a strong power tool for a great price! I have an entire collection of Ryobi Power tools.

Here is a shot from the top before I made the roof. As you can see, the dog house is compromised of two sections, with the main housing closed off so that no rain can leak in and to insulate from external weather conditions. For extra insulation from extreme hot or cold weather, you can add a layer of insulation in between the walls. They sell all types in Home Depot.

After much deliberation and due to the size of my dogs (both are well over 100 pounds) I decided to remove the inner panel and make use of the entire dog house. The inner panel fits perfectly on the other inner side of the wall to create insulation wall. I still need to add one more slab to finish the insulation gap all around he dog house and then add the actual insulation material.

Then I put together the roof. You need to cut and attach the larger front and back end sections first. Then measure and cut to size the side sections. The Miller Light is optional, you can replace the beer with water or magic flowers. I was smoking, my friend joined in with a six pack later on.

Then with the help of a friend the roof will fit right into the top of the dog house with no need to permanently attach it. This way it comes on and off whenever you need to clean or whatever.

Here is the final product!

Here is a picture of my two girls snooping around and being curious. BTW all the purple stuff on Darleen is Blue Lotion antiseptic ointment for her cuts from the fight. She lost the fight, Kanna is a lion. She doesnt kill cats she eats them and leaves the skulls laying around in the yard.. Sick shit.

Hope someone else finds the tek useful in the future. That reminds me, this is the original link to the blueprints. The guy uses the houses for his APBT's.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekennels/doghouseblueprints.htm

Edited by Akira (08/03/10 10:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How To Build A Cheap Dog House [Re: Akira]
    #12984588 - 08/01/10 09:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Nice set up! I had an issue with dogs before as well. I have a lab, been at my side for 10 years. Greatest dog in the world. Then we took in some young buck that needed a home for a bit. He did nothing but want to prove his status by biting my dogs ears and making them bleed.  You have to understand, my dog is the happiest go lucky dog there is. Greatest companion in the world. Then some ill trained mutt comes and try's to prove shit at a place that isn't his own. It really pissed me off.

Thankfully for me I wasn't attached to the ill trained and neglected young buck so I sent him back to where he came. I sure as hell wasn't going to build him a dog house after he started biting my dogs ears. I did hear that the dog was getting some training. The fact of the matter is if you're not going to be there or be his friend don't get the fucking dog.  What a shame.

Anyway, thanks for the plans! I'm going to look into that for another pet member of the house.

OfflineMightyWhite
Male
    #12984771 - 08/01/10 11:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is a badass setup,I have built 3 of these exact houses for my dogs. In the winter I slide sheets of insulation in the wall cavities for extra insulation. I think the best aspect of these houses is the removable lid.....makes for easy changing the straw or cedar chips :thumbup:
Good lookin dogs to Akira

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: How To Build A Cheap Dog House [Re: MightyWhite]
    #12985972 - 08/01/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I made a change. I realized I had put you needed (8) 2x4's instead of (4). Fixed.

Quote:

MightyWhite said:
This is a badass setup,I have built 3 of these exact houses for my dogs. In the winter I slide sheets of insulation in the wall cavities for extra insulation. I think the best aspect of these houses is the removable lid.....makes for easy changing the straw or cedar chips :thumbup:
Good lookin dogs to Akira

Oh Cool so you have built the same ones? Yeah I think the way the roof just comes right off is genius, allows accessibility for clean up and what not. Most dog houses only offer a crawl space door.

The insulation gaps are awesome as well.

What is this about straw and cedar chips? You add this to the flooring for the dogs? What purpose what it serve im curious?

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineCreepy John
Friendly Stranger
Male

Loc: Here because Im not all T... Flag
    #13013508 - 08/06/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Nice work! I built a very similar house for my boys and girl, even shingled the roof, which served as the German Shepard's personal space, build him a house he sleeps on the roof, the Beagle tunneled underneath only my Pit mix Rosie actually used it as intended.
  I left that interior wall out as well, I used a staple gun and doubled up some old curtains to help keep the heat inside in the winter. I raised mine up off the ground with a few bricks to help keep the bottom from rotting out stained and sealed it all.  I used aspen or cedar chips as bedding in the summer and a big pile of straw in the winter.  I found without some bedding the dogs were scraping the shit out of the floor and had to pull splinters out of Rosie's paws a few times, some dogs wont do that and some will try to dig right through the floor.

--------------------
Your perception is how you define your reality

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
186,561 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.