Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTranscensInProgres
Stranger
Male

Loc: South East England
Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping??
    #12965345 - 07/28/10 05:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

One of my favourite bands, I imagine they would be amazing whilst trippin! Anyone had this experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: TranscensInProgres]
    #12967504 - 07/28/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i'm more a fan of omar's solo stuff and side thangs

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

Loc: Pasadena, CA Flag
Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: Envix]
    #12967518 - 07/28/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've listened to them plenty of times tripping, it ight. Sometimes its too menacing and sometimes its just too much going on at once. Deloused is a good tripping album and Omar's first solo album " A Manual Dexterity Soundtrack vol. 1" is one of my all time favorite tripping albums

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #12967566 - 07/28/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i like this while tripping

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

OfflineBrandiArlene
MYCamateur-
Female
Loc: Kentucky- Flag
Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: TranscensInProgres]
    #12967713 - 07/28/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

just listening to mars volta will make you think you're tripping!!!!!:mushroom2:

--------------------
.-MUSHROOM LOVER-.

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: BrandiArlene]
    #12967763 - 07/28/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was just thinking this the other day.

Recently i've really fallen in love with Amputechture. Great album. Deloused is unbeatable though.

I have to say the only reason i haven't tripped to the volta yet is because it is substantially darker than the rest of the music that i regularly listen to. In one interview Cedric said something like, "I want to share the stage with the Flaming Lips and be like the evil Flaming Lips." Hahahaha that would be amazing if they really did that.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #12973437 - 07/29/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I've listened to Deloused on mushrooms and Frances the Mute on acid. Good times were had on both.

Stranger
Male

Re: Has anyone listened to The Mars Volta whilst tripping?? [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #12975575 - 07/30/10 03:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:
I've listened to them plenty of times tripping, it ight. Sometimes its too menacing and sometimes its just too much going on at once. Deloused is a good tripping album and Omar's first solo album " A Manual Dexterity Soundtrack vol. 1" is one of my all time favorite tripping albums

Haha some of their songs do get hectic. When I get the chance im going to listen to Cassandra Gemini I - VIII (off Frances the Mute) tripping, my favourite mars volta work.

I cant find "A Manual Dexterity Soundtrack vol. 1" anywhere, but I do have Xenophanes, Solar Gambling and his album with John Frusciante. Would recommend all of them, especially Xenophanes; the album is a story and each track is a chapter, its cool how they all subtly seem to interlink. wiki has a better explaination lol

Have you listened to Octahedron?

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

#12976957 - 07/30/10 01:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TranscensInProgres said:
Quote:

kissablemilklight said:

Haha some of their songs do get hectic. When I get the chance im going to listen to Cassandra Gemini I - VIII (off Frances the Mute) tripping, my favourite mars volta work.

I cant find "A Manual Dexterity Soundtrack vol. 1" anywhere, but I do have Xenophanes, Solar Gambling and his album with John Frusciante. Would recommend all of them, especially Xenophanes; the album is a story and each track is a chapter, its cool how they all subtly seem to interlink. wiki has a better explaination lol

Have you listened to Octahedron?

Go to gogle, type in "A manual dexterity soundtrack vol. 1" followed by the word blogspot, or mediafire,. i'm sure you will find it.

Cassandra Gemini is probably one of mars voltas best tracks. I've heard Octahedron and I don't like it. I really dislike how Cedric has gone the route of Robert Plant and tries to sing high pitched more so than he used to. I also have never heard Xenophanes or Solar Gambling, Omar kinda lost me after he went on that solo album spree. Just couldn't keep up I guess

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#12976984 - 07/30/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah the mars volta kinda suck now but omar's still rockin' it out with his other stuff

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Stranger
Male

#12977016 - 07/30/10 02:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Imo Octahedron is their worst album. Yeah I am struggling to keep up with Omar, seems he is constantly releasing albums, hes done 17 so far. Would love to seem him and John Frusciante live!

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#12977037 - 07/30/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Stranger
Male

#12977047 - 07/30/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

haha yes! ive got both parts of this jam on my iPod

Stranger
Male

#12977057 - 07/30/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

John and Omar have done an album together. Taster:

[flash=425,350]http://
/flash]

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

#12977259 - 07/30/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TranscensInProgres said:
John and Omar have done an album together. Taster:

[flash=425,350]http://
/flash]

Yeah I just got that album, its really really really good. The songs "0" and "0=2" come from an old GSL single series 12" album. It had tracks from Xiu Xiu and !!! and Free Moral Agents. also had a single track from Cedric. Have you guys ever checked out De Facto?

--------------------

Party Tent Brewing

Stranger
Male

#12977305 - 07/30/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Glad you like it. Oooh might check out the GSL album then. I hate !!! though, so them open for the Chilis and they sucked, the sound techs got a bigger cheer whenever they came on the stage.

De Facto, are they a dub band with some of TMV members?

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#12977306 - 07/30/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah de facto is like my favorite thang of his :feelsgoodman:

i heard they're gonna make new de facto stuff soon

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

#12977333 - 07/30/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

GASP! I couldnt imagine him doing De Facto with JMW. He was like the head of De Facto.

To Transces- De Facto was the in between group of At the Drive-In and TMV. It consisted of 4 members from the original line-up of TMV. Ikey Isiah Owens, Omar, Cedric and Jeremy michael Ward (RIP)

--------------------

Party Tent Brewing

Stranger
Male

#12977351 - 07/30/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Never heard anything like this before! Love it though, omars bass and the piano go so well. The preacher on the mic makes it even better lol

thanks man, gonna download some De Facto in the morning.

im off, meditation then some lucid dreaming

OfflineSquee
Male
    #12978079 - 07/30/10 06:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

OMG!!! TMV is my fav thing to listen to while tripping, De-loused is unbeatable but Frances and Bedlam are both really awesome. Yea it's all dark and chaotic but so am I, this shit just really puts me in a good place. I also really like listening to The Dear Hunter, if you guys haven't checked them out you really should, especially their album Act II

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale