Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD
    #12956281 - 07/26/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

source

Quote:

A 17-year-old died early Thursday after he apparently jumped through a hotel window and fell seven stories to his death.

Police think he might have been under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug, possibly LSD.

Officers were trying to find the teenager''''s family to notify them about his death, so they did not release his name Thursday.

Police and EMSA medics were sent to the Great Western Downtown Plaza Hotel, 17 W. Seventh St., about 5 a.m., Officer Jason Willingham said.

When they arrived, they found the teenager on a second-story deck next to the pool. He had been in a ninth-story hotel room before he jumped through the window, police said.

He was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Two other people had been in the hotel room with the teenager before he jumped.

One was identified as a 19-year-old man from Oklahoma City. The other was from Bartlesville, but his age was unavailable, Willingham said police records show.

Willingham said the two are cooperating with the investigation.

The initial reports did not indicate when the group checked into the hotel, Willingham said.

The 17-year-old reportedly began acting strangely about 4:45 a.m., and shortly after 5 he ran through the plate-glass window and fell to his death, police said.

According to initial reports, no one saw the teenager jump through the window, but they heard the glass breaking.

One of the people with him had left the hotel shortly before he jumped, and the other was in the hotel''''s stairwell at the time.

He had some videos of him smoking and skating on youtube, i thought they were pretty cool but i was sad to hear about this, even though it is kind of old now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #12956288 - 07/26/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Social Darwinism. :monkeydance:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: Poid]
    #12956292 - 07/26/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't say that's the case when a possible massive dose of acid is involved... who knows what caused him to do it.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: twighead]
    #12956301 - 07/26/10 03:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Only a dumbass would take a dose that s/he considers to be "massive".

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#12956307 - 07/26/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've taken pretty large doses and had amazing and completely unexplainable happenings that could have never been accomplished on less. Though I was on the edge of my bed sitting. No where near the state of jumping out a window :rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: twighead]
    #12956319 - 07/26/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I rarely take large doses of anything, I don't like the feeling of losing control over myself.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#12956331 - 07/26/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Its probably one of the worst feelings I've ever felt, the first time I encountered it...
But once you let it go and are swept up in the ride; you'll see that it is totally worth it :awecid:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
And psychedelics :D
 User Gallery

#12956337 - 07/26/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

dude, i actually laughed at some of your posts before.

but this one just made me give you this look through the screen.

:awewtf:

a massive dose is nothing more than experimentation.

it does NOT make anybody a dumbass.

and the story in the op, thats sad,
it sounds kinda fishy, running through a glass window,
idk, that would be kind of difficult.

--------------------
:bobmarley: Shroomism said:
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:
I usually combat those kinds of negative statuses with a status of my own.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12956345 - 07/26/10 03:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

Poid said:

So if somebody drinks massive amounts of hard liquor in public, s/he is not a dumbass, and is just "experimenting"? :rofldrunk:

There's a difference between a massive dose and a large dose, a massive dose is overdoing it.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#12956360 - 07/26/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

No one ever died from taking too many psyches though :wink:

Not that its necessarily a good idea...
and likely he was pretty dumb for taking a dose like that when he obviously wasn't ready for it.

But hey, we're talking like we actually know what happened... :shrug:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleNoveltyTheory
Stranger & stranger

Loc: PotLand Oregon
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: FatChicksNcoke] * 1
    #12956366 - 07/26/10 03:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

Poid said:

it does NOT make anybody a dumbs.

:laugh2:

"this look through the screen..." conjured an image of a person sitting there with that look, then going, "i need to find that emoticon, hold on."

--------------------
novelty theory IS
Novelty Theory IS
No king, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think we've come to a place with this psychedelic issue. We have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, It ain't going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You can't do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken of American Creativity. So I think it's basically time to just come out of the closet and go, "You know what, I'm stoned, and I'm proud."
Terence McKenna, True Hallucinations, 1993

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: NoveltyTheory]
    #12956373 - 07/26/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
No one ever died from taking too many psyches though :wink:

But too many psyches can make you do stupid shit, like jumping out of a 7th story window for example.

Quote:

twighead said:
Not that its necessarily a good idea...
and likely he was pretty dumb for taking a dose like that when he obviously wasn't ready for it.

But hey, we're talking like we actually know what happened... :shrug:

True, it's possible that somebody tricked and/or pressured him into taking more than what was necessary.

Quote:

NoveltyTheory said:
Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

Poid said:

it does NOT make anybody a dumbs.

:laugh2:

"this look through the screen..." conjured an image of a person sitting there with that look, then going, "i need to find that emoticon, hold on."

haha, yeah. :cool2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: NoveltyTheory]
    #12956375 - 07/26/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

take off from the ground if you think you can fly (when on acid)- bill hicks

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
 User Gallery

#12956380 - 07/26/10 03:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

Poid said:

So if somebody drinks massive amounts of hard liquor in public, s/he is not a dumbass, and is just "experimenting"? :rofldrunk:

way to get technical there..

typical parrot is typical.

ill agree, some dumbass shit will probably ensue after doing something like that^^

however,

a massive dose of lsd, mushrooms, alcohol, or any substance, can be had without doing anything dumb.

thanks for playing.

--------------------
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12956389 - 07/26/10 03:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
however,

a massive dose of lsd, mushrooms, alcohol, or any substance, can be had without doing anything dumb.

Key word 'can'. :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
 User Gallery

#12956426 - 07/26/10 03:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

nice edit poid.

apparently you hold your own definitions for certain words.

the word massive is just another form of the word large, but conveys a meaning of the subject being larger.

the word massive is used to convey size,
it is not used to convey the words too much, or overdoing it.

if somebody took a dose that was too much for them to handle,
it doesnt mean it was massive it all,
might have been massive TO them.
but physically, not massive.

if somebody took a dose that was too massive for their liking,
you would call that too much, not just massive.

--------------------

HappyTrippin said:

Edited by FatChicksNcoke (07/26/10 03:55 PM)

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
 User Gallery

#12956440 - 07/26/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
however,

exactly, thanks for disproving yourself.

--------------------

HappyTrippin said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12956458 - 07/26/10 03:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
the word massive is used to convey size,
it is not used to convey the words too much, or overdoing it.

Massive  -  Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Quote:

2 a : large, solid, or heavy in structure <massive jaw> b : large in scope or degree <the feeling of frustration, of being ineffectual, is massive — David Halberstam> c (1) : large in comparison to what is typical <a massive dose of penicillin> (2) : being extensive and severe <massive hemorrhage> <massive collapse of a lung> (3) : imposing in excellence or grandeur : monumental <massive simplicity>

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
however,

exactly, thanks for disproving yourself.

I didn't disprove myself at all, I accept the possibility that an individual can take a massive amount of any given drug and not do something stupid, but I think the likelihood of someone not doing something stupid while on a massive dose of whatever drug is very small.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#12956496 - 07/26/10 04:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thtaths stupid why didnt he take off on the ground first and check it out

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

InvisibleNoveltyTheory
Stranger & stranger

Loc: PotLand Oregon
Re: Stumbled upon this: Man jumps out of 7th story window on LSD [Re: Envix]
    #12956508 - 07/26/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i think you are both right from different angles.

and poid.

may i say that, in my last shroomery incarnation, you and i fought. a few times. bad.

but reading your more recent posts, you seem to have... i dunno, just become less frictional whether i agree with you or not.

so my compliments, and apologies for the past, though i won't bring up old baggage.

i see your viewpoint from the perspective of one advising caution.

maybe just that, to say ANYONE isn't the right word? i mean, there might be one guy out there, who's perfect for massive doses.

i'm a cautious soul too. :cool:
Quote:

Envix said:
thtaths stupid why didnt he take off on the ground first and check it out

LOLOLOL :lolz0rz:

--------------------
novelty theory IS
Novelty Theory IS
No king, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think we've come to a place with this psychedelic issue. We have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, It ain't going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You can't do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken of American Creativity. So I think it's basically time to just come out of the closet and go, "You know what, I'm stoned, and I'm proud."
Terence McKenna, True Hallucinations, 1993

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder