Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRazzlesnaps
AgrainOf Infinity in theUniverse
Male

Loc: Killerfornia Flag
help me astral project!
    #12847098 - 07/04/10 02:00 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Im having a hard time understanding how to astral project ive tryed it ive got stoned layed on my bed closed my eyes and though about a object "like a football or something" however i do not start feeling vibrations or anything i think im doing something wrong i need some advice how do you astral project?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: help me astral project! [Re: Razzlesnaps]
    #12847147 - 07/04/10 11:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I focus on breathing. I usually do it two different ways.

First method I do is every time I inhale I imagine my body becoming lighter and lighter, sort of like inflating like a balloon. I do this and try to feel some kind of breaking point where my astral conscious will "pop" off or detach from my physical body.

The second method is basically the opposite. When I inhale my body is at a normal weight, but when I exhale, I imagine it getting heavier and sinking like a stone.
I've had more success with this method personally. It seems to induce sleep paralysis faster which is a part of the process to reaching astral projection.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

OfflineRazzlesnaps
Male

Re: help me astral project! [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #12857952 - 07/06/10 05:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rabidbaboon said:
I focus on breathing. I usually do it two different ways.

First method I do is every time I inhale I imagine my body becoming lighter and lighter, sort of like inflating like a balloon. I do this and try to feel some kind of breaking point where my astral conscious will "pop" off or detach from my physical body.

The second method is basically the opposite. When I inhale my body is at a normal weight, but when I exhale, I imagine it getting heavier and sinking like a stone.
I've had more success with this method personally. It seems to induce sleep paralysis faster which is a part of the process to reaching astral projection.

so just imagine myself sinking everytime i breathe out? sinking into the bed or sinking into a imaginary tar pit or something like that?
ive had a sleep paralysis trip a while ago i was just laying in my bed really tired but with my eyes open i started seeing shit it was crazy.

--------------------

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

#12858016 - 07/06/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, extend your arms........then jump!  Oh, did I not mention to be on a cliff or bridge first?  My bad. 
Astral projection takes practice.  Try lucid dreaming first.  Its easier.  Train yourself to pick up on cues to let you know you're dreaming, ie., when I see a particular redhead I know I'm dreaming and control is all mine.  Astral projection will not come this way, but at least lucid dreaming gives you practice in controlling an aspect of your life you never knew before.  Lucid dream and still can't astral project?  Astral project in your lucid dream.  You get the same results. 

That "sleep paralysis trip" you explained, is the gateway you must pass through to travel without your body.  Don't just look, do.

Invisiblepsilocyberman
Stranger than strange
Male User Gallery

#12858095 - 07/06/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The first thing you need to be aware of is that if it doesn't happen naturally then for most people it can take quite a while to get it so requires a lot of practice and patience. A long time could be 6 months + for someone who does practice regularly. Try this site http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/index.html She has a very good e-book offered on the site that will tell you pretty much all you need to know but I think she is charging for it now. I picked it up a few years ago when she was offering it for free. I could have given you some more links but over the last couple of days of trippin balls I seem to have fucked with some of my PC's settings (no idea or memory of what I did) and can't access my favourites. I could find some for you but I am sure you can use google. The best place to start is do lots of reading on the subject.

--------------------
I don't remember what they said, god dam I shit the bed.

"I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions." RAW

Invisiblepsilocyberman
Stranger than strange
Male User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: LisonAlGaib]
    #12858131 - 07/06/10 06:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LisonAlGaib said:
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, extend your arms........then jump!  Oh, did I not mention to be on a cliff or bridge first?  My bad. 
Astral projection takes practice.  Try lucid dreaming first.  Its easier.  Train yourself to pick up on cues to let you know you're dreaming, ie., when I see a particular redhead I know I'm dreaming and control is all mine.  Astral projection will not come this way, but at least lucid dreaming gives you practice in controlling an aspect of your life you never knew before.  Lucid dream and still can't astral project?  Astral project in your lucid dream.  You get the same results. 

That "sleep paralysis trip" you explained, is the gateway you must pass through to travel without your body.  Don't just look, do.

Most of the texts on this will tell you to start with lucid dreaming.
Also with the patience thing be aware that if go into it wanting it so bad that you just can't wait then if you get close or even if you start to leave your body there is a good chance that you will get excited and this will pull you strait back to your body.

--------------------

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: psilocyberman]
    #12858165 - 07/06/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i can't astral project unless i'm completely sober

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
Re: help me astral project! [Re: astral cojones]
    #12858238 - 07/06/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've come close. The best time to try is in the morning.

Like wake up about 2 hours before you usually do, and stay up for about 5-10 minutes. Then get back in bed, lay on your back and close your eyes. Try to get right on the brink of falling asleep but still awake and stay there.

It's the best time to do it because your body is the most relaxed after a nights sleep, and relaxation is extremely important and the hardest to achieve. Even if you end up falling asleep, you'll have amazingly realistic and controllable dreams. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineThe Boat
Stoner with a boner

Re: help me astral project! [Re: x Ju x]
    #12858327 - 07/06/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

When I would get high as a teenager I would lay down and close my eyes and I would get a very pychedelic feeling of falling into my bed and when I hit the bottom I would feel like i was in space and if I focused on my body I could do flips and shit. Crazy shit. :highdog:

--------------------

01:21:35 ‹Enlil› I know how to handle the cock

OfflineBluePixieWaves
Male User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: x Ju x]
    #12858332 - 07/06/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What does the state of astral projection actually feel like. Are you on the brink of being asleep but are still awake as said early?

--------------------

Edited by BluePixieWaves (07/06/10 07:00 PM)

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #12858342 - 07/06/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

it's the same as dreaming just a lot more clear and you're in a lot more control of your mind and surroundings

OfflineBluePixieWaves
Male User Gallery

#12858357 - 07/06/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Practically lucid dreaming just more vivid.

--------------------

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #12858365 - 07/06/10 07:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

if you go into a lucid dream directly from meditating then that is considered astral projection or a WILD as some call it

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Waxahachie
    #12858416 - 07/06/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

For the record, I think astral projection is a bunch of new-age bullshit, but since I get sleep paralysis on a regular basis, and find it pretty scary and uncomfortable, what should I do to take advantage of it for some mind-trippiness?

--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
Re: help me astral project! [Re: supercollider]
    #12858442 - 07/06/10 07:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:
For the record, I think astral projection is a bunch of new-age bullshit, but since I get sleep paralysis on a regular basis, and find it pretty scary and uncomfortable, what should I do to take advantage of it for some mind-trippiness?

The next time you get it, just lay still and not move for a few moments. then try to just get up and get out of bed. Try to forget you have sleep paralisys, and visualize yourself getting up and out of bed.

It's really hard to explain, but it works :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: supercollider]
    #12858449 - 07/06/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:

when i get sleep paralysis (usually by falling asleep flat on my back) i just focus my attention on any point of my body (like a finger or the side of my torso or my elbow..  anything really) and as my focus goes deeper (usually takes about 10 seconds) i feel myself getting "sucked" into a vortex, and then i find myself floating in a black void. from here i can start makin the dream

OfflineRazzlesnaps
Male

#12859795 - 07/06/10 11:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I have been researching both lucid dreaming and astral projection However I thought astral projection was a OBE and not part of dreaming at least most articles i read about astral projection is that people come out of there bodys and float around there house and such. I havent really dreamed any at all recently Or at least im not remembering the dreams ive heard its from smoking weed but even if i dont smoke weed in a week or so i still cant dream i dont know what happend i used to dream almost every night. But anyways i was looking on y outube and came across this video I was thinking of trying what this guy says but he sounds like he lost his mind.

--------------------

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
    #12859837 - 07/06/10 11:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You're not dreaming because,

1. You smoke too much weed

2. You don't sleep long enough.

I get about 11 hours of sleep every night and I have dreams all the time.

Be aware that most dreaming occurs early morning (the ones you remember anyway).

The best time to attempt an astral projection is early morning after roughly 5-6 hours of sleep.

OfflineFrizzle
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ןןɐ s,ʇı

Re: help me astral project! [Re: deXtrous]
    #12859849 - 07/06/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i astral project my issues on others all the time.

--------------------

Whistle your favorite tune when it's all said and done,
if your maker don't approve at least you know you've had your fun

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: Frizzle]
    #12859900 - 07/07/10 12:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yeah for me the best time is right after about 4 hours of sleep. where i'm really really groggy and can barely move but still can grasp on to that slightest bit of consciousness before driftin back off into dream land

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #12860095 - 07/07/10 12:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

some very good advice in this thread.  Anecdotally i've heard smoking weed can interfere with OBEs.

i don't really want to contradict anything in here, but i'll lay out some stuff that i've found, and i think envix agree's with me on most of this.

best way to induce an OBE:  take a nap in the afternoon when its still light out.  wear a heavy blanket.  i don't know if its the heat or the pressure, i suspect a bit of both.

going from fully awake to OBE is very hard.  if you want to do that, no joke you must lay absolutely still until you're the hypnogogia state, then a quick and unconscious switch to a more comfortable position won't disturb your focus. 

if you want to go from full awake to OBE, you have to go through the process of going to sleep... mind shutting down, body powering down, and then just miss the falling asleep part.  Its a really delicate thing, not something you force or actively try an enact (in my experience).  You're more waiting and watching patiently until your brain and body turn off, and then in that moment you choose to remain conscious.

hmmm, can't think of too much else.  as someone mentioned it took me a really long time of trying alot.  maybe 6 months for progress.  I haven't OBEd in quite awhile i think. 

one thing alot of people don't mention is once you're OBEing, actually controlling it is insanely hard.  i worked at it for like 6-7 years and my progress seemed minor.

the other thing i would say is a point of contention is OBE's don't feel anything like lucid dreams.  occasionally in a lucid dream something foreign will intrude, but thats rare.  for the most part i can tell all of its coming from myself, and kind of where in myself its coming from.  OBEs you can go into your own dream worlds, but you encounter a ton more random shit. 

OBEing at first is like putting on a blindfold and walking around outside.  its just fucking chaos until you start to recognize things and get really sure of yourself and how to orient yourself.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
Re: help me astral project! [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12860326 - 07/07/10 02:41 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
best way to induce an OBE:  take a nap in the afternoon when its still light out.  wear a heavy blanket.  i don't know if its the heat or the pressure, i suspect a bit of both.

I always tend to wake up I guess with the blanket freshly thrown off me.
As in, I wake up hot as hell, nearly sweating after a lucid dream.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

Invisiblest0ned.crazy
Consistently Altering Reality
Male
Loc: LaLa LaND Flag
Re: help me astral project! [Re: Morgenstern]
    #12860352 - 07/07/10 02:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

There's a helmet that sum dude made that's supposed to give you OBEs by applying a small current to a certain part on a certain side (i think the right).

I gotta make me one...

--------------------
“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”

•“For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well organized and armed militia is their best security.”

•We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.•

OfflineFrizzle
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ןןɐ s,ʇı

Re: help me astral project! [Re: st0ned.crazy]
    #12860381 - 07/07/10 03:14 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

st0ned.crazy said:
There's a helmet that sum dude made that's supposed to give you OBEs by applying a small current to a certain part on a certain side (i think the right).

I gotta make me one...

just grab a few rolls of tinfoil man

--------------------

Invisiblepsilocyberman
Stranger than strange
Male User Gallery

#12860454 - 07/07/10 03:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Frizzle said:
Quote:

st0ned.crazy said:

I gotta make me one...

just grab a few rolls of tinfoil man

Will also help stop them from stealing your thoughts.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzle
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ןןɐ s,ʇı

#12860461 - 07/07/10 03:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

and your super powers ^

--------------------

OfflineTenaciousE
Let There Be More Light
Male User Gallery

Loc: Finnnlaaaaand
    #12860473 - 07/07/10 04:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I also just recently got into meditation and after about 30mins I achieved a state where I felt really numb and almost sucked into the bed. I tried to get sucked into the vortex that I felt was present and it felt like my body was in a really twisted position with the bed like rotated 90degress or something like that. But then my heart started racing and I lost my focus.
Any hints on what to focus on next time? I'll have to try waking up early and then going back to bed next time though as it sounds it could be pretty successful.

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: TenaciousE]
    #12861487 - 07/07/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Focus less on the strange sensations you experience as you pass through the hypnagogic state, and focus more on your breathing.

As your mind becomes more aware, you will be brought back to full consciousness. It's best to try to maintain a mild level of detachment from the happenings in your mind to the happenings of the body.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#12861522 - 07/07/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I had no idea how many Mystics were on the shroomery :strokebeard: Why do you all "astral Project" anyway.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: Almond Flour]
    #12861531 - 07/07/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Remote viewing.  A sense of freedom.  Defiance.  Escape.  No reason.

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: Almond Flour]
    #12861556 - 07/07/10 11:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't consider "OBE's" to truly be out of body, I believe it be to be an inwards experience. Though I don't think this makes the experience any less authentic, I think it makes it even more significant; as the universe is contained within each of us, and through exploring it we can come to a better understanding of our consciousness and its extreme depth.

So basically I astral project to better understand myself, my subconscious, and the dimensions of existence that we experience.

To better clarify, I consider Astral Projecting almost similar to Lucid Dreaming, but the process which we undergo in order to project is what takes us to a different place, and is what differentiates it from Lucid Dreaming.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Edited by Acaterpillar (07/07/10 11:43 AM)

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#12862095 - 07/07/10 01:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know much about astral projection at all, but I just wanted to share that I became lucid in my dream the other morning. It's pretty exciting to me because I've only done it one other time and it was even shorter lived than this time.

I was in a car with somebody and suddenly became aware I was dreaming (something that never happens, I never know I'm dreaming until I wake up from it and reflect). I said "fuck! i'm dreaming! give me that popsicle" and then it ended. I guess I either woke up from it from being too excited, or I stopped being lucid cause I was greedy :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #12862120 - 07/07/10 02:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the trick is to gently lose focus while giving in to the sensation

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Re: help me astral project! [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #12862127 - 07/07/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Oddly enough, I find that when I become lucid in a dream I am constantly in a battle with my subconscious to stay lucid.

I would say the form of mental battle that I have with my subconscious while lucid is almost exactly like Joels battle to hide from the operator erasing his memory in the movie 'Eternal Sunshine'. Because I am almost always (about 80% of the time) undergoing this battle to hide and stay lucid, I find that it is harder to use lucid dreams as a tool to gain knowledge because I am always distracted.
I do reflect on all my lucid dreams though, just as I reflect on any dream in attempt to gain insight.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Offlineastral cojones

Re: help me astral project! [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #12862135 - 07/07/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

meditate a lot and learn about yourself. you need to find your own way what's best for you on how to achieve these states naturally

don't try using other people's methods. instead, create your own method

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#12862155 - 07/07/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

astral cojones said:
meditate a lot and learn about yourself. you need to find your own way what's best for you on how to achieve these states naturally

Truth. :thumbup:

I got frustrated and stopped my work when I was trying other peoples methods.

Once I began going with my own ideas and what felt best, things went significantly smoother.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Edited by Acaterpillar (07/07/10 02:36 PM)

Invisiblepsilocyberman
Stranger than strange
Male User Gallery

#12863124 - 07/07/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

astral cojones said:

I think this is a good idea but would still recommend doing a lot of reading. That way you can gain an understanding of what it is about and then use this information to create your own method. Reading about the subject is also good for getting into your subconscious that this is what you want to do.

--------------------

Offlineastral cojones

#12863156 - 07/07/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

there is some good reading material in the quran and bible and bhagavad gita  other ancient texts

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #12864183 - 07/07/10 09:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Check out Mahamaya tantra if you ever get the opportunity.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineRazzlesnaps
Male

Re: help me astral project! [Re: blewmeanie]
    #12869628 - 07/08/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well i almost lucid dreamed a few times there were times when in my dream i just randomly realize that im dreaming and then maybe ill stop doing some that i was doing in my dream and look around and if theres people in my dream that are talking or moving around and i realize im lucid dreaming everyone stops moving and looks at me weird or if i follow someone that im not supposed to or go in a direction im not supposed to things get really weird like shit is missing or theres fish flying around outside i then just get excited or nervous and wake up. however i finally dreamed last night and i was high last night to i dream that i died and i was in a different realm but it was like earth however my house was floating on the ocean and jesus asked me what i wanted to tell my family and i said "tell them being dead isnt so bad" he said ok and left then i took a dive in the ocean swam around a little bit then got woke up by my dad.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder