Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Psilocybin Dumpster Divin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mush Mountain
My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam
    #12846775 - 07/03/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Had to do some essays so id figure id do them on drugs. lol
here they are, its funny how somewhat "pro-drug" they sound.
Never did get to see what the doc thought of em :tongue:
Lemme know what yall think...

KETAMINE

2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(methylamino)-cyclohexanone. Or in other words, Ketamine. Ketamine is a Dissociative psychedelic that is used in the medical field as
an Anastasia/sedative for both small animals, and  Humans. It was developed in 1962 by Parke-Davis. It was synthesized as a safer alternative to sedatives they used at the time, such as PCP (phencyclidine) which caused severe hallucinations, Seizures, and neurotoxicity. Ketamine comes in many forms and can make you feel many different things; From Visual Hallucinations to a deep sedation similar to a coma. It is one of the few addictive psychedelics, all though it should be classified as more of a disassociate/sedative
Now Ketamine has many different names, forms, and prices. All of which, you can find on the street, mainly because, Ketamine is illegal. Yet even though its illegality, it is still used by many habitually and in vets across the country, and even some hospitals still administer it. But due to the increase in habitual use of the drug, the federal gov. cracked down and on August 12th, 1999 it was classified as a Schedule III drug, along side Benzphetamine, LSA, And Many Anabolic Steroids. Ketamine is now federally illegal to possess in the United States without a license or prescription. Ketamine has been scheduled in many states, and laws are pending in states where it is not. Now that Ketamine is federally illegal, it is “expected” that most states will also eventually schedule it. If Ketamine is not scheduled in a specific state, all prosecutions for possession or sales would have to happen at the federal level. Meaning: if you live in a residence, or state where Ketamine is still unscheduled and you are caught either in possession or in sales of the drug, the state or local authorities will not be able to prosecute you on the crime. It would have to go federal for them to actually prosecute you. And accordingly Ketamine is scheduled in many other civilized/developing countries such as Belgium, Canada and the UK.
Surprisingly, Ketamine is  somewhat of a ‘safe’ drug. Only about 11 deaths annually occur from the usage of JUST Ketamine (2001 DEA). Though its relatively safe, when mixed with almost any other type of intoxicant it can be extremely deadly. Resulting in the biggest problem Ketamine has besides the psychological addiction, an annual amount of 3,500 hospital visits (2001 DEA).
There are a lot of ways to do this drug, and coincidentally just as many street names. Common names often used for Ketamine on the street are Ket, K, and Special K.
And the most common ways of one using this drug are Orally, Nasally, or via Injection. The Differences between each is nasally your onset with the drug will be quite fast, about 5-15 minutes. It lasts, from ingestion, an estimated 40-min to an hour and a half. If you administer the drug through an injection the onset is much quicker, about 1-5 minutes. While the whole experience lasts roughly 1-3 hours.
Now lastly, this drug of many names and many ways, has many prices. A half gram of powdered Ketamine sells for about 40 to50 dollars, and presumably a gram runs any where from 80 to 100 dollars. Yet one tenth of a gram would cost 20 dollars. But the average price for a liquid vile of Ketamine of 10 milliliters costs about 80-100 dollars, alongside the powdered Ketamine.
So this drug, Ketamine, was it the alternative we wanted? Or has it just become one more abused drug? One more abused, Pharmaceutical drug?

LSD

Many know this drug for the epic turn of events around the 60’s and 70’s. And many more hold it responsible for these events. It has become one of the most ‘taboo’ things to do since its arrival to the public in the early 50’s. Though it is somewhat of a new drug, and only recently gained popularity in the 60’s, it is known for one of the largest counterculture movements in history.
In 1938, a Swiss chemist known as Albert Hoffman synthesized a new drug called d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25, or simply, LSD. There are four possible stereo isomers of LSD, iso-LSD, L-iso- LSD, L-LSD, and finally LSD. Only the LSD isomer is active. The young chemist was in search for a medicine that would help with migraines and hopefully cure the phenomena known as “cluster headaches”, which is said to be worse then child birth. Now on April 19th, 1943 at four twenty pm Albert hoffman took an experimental dose of 250ug (micrograms) to document its affects. What hoffman did not know is that this is a very strong dose of LSD, and doses of the drug are not similar to those of other ergot alkaloids. After about an hour he began to feel strange, and had an urge to ride his bike. So Albert Hoffman, on this day rode his bike through the Swiss country side and the first acid trip had taken place.
Now LSD comes in 5 forms. All of which are not so easily attainable by the public. The most common of forms one can attain on the street, or anywhere for that matter, is when it is in ‘tab’ form. A tab is a small square sheet of paper that has absorbed a certain amount of crystal acid dissolved into a mix of water and strong alcohol such as everclear. The Sheet of paper is usually laid in a tub of the dissolved acid and let sit to absorb the solution. These tabs are usually white, or depicted with a picture and perforated and are also very small. LSD is one of the most potent chemicals in parts per million. This way, some of the other chemicals used to break down the LSD will not be active in such tiny amounts, such as on a tab. The next most popular form that LSD comes in is Liquid form. The liquid usually comes in a small vial of about, 100 hits. This form of acid is usually much more potent on average but much harder to dose and measure due it being in liquid form. The next form of acid is the rawest, most potent and expensive form of LSD. It is, crystal LSD. It does not take much Crystal acid to make A LOT of acid. Approximately one gram of crystal acid can amount to 1000 hits, depending on what form its put into and method of dilution. Those are the 3 most common forms, the next two used to be very popular in the 60’s and 70’s. These forms are called gel-tabs and microdots. Not much is known of these forms but both are said to be extremely potent.
Now there are probably just as many ways to take this drug. And each form can intertwine in the way of ingestion. The first and most common way of taking acid, is orally. Tab, liquid, gel-tabs, crystal and microdots can all be taken orally. There are two other ways one can take crystal acid. First you can simply hold it in the palm of your hand and let it get absorbed by your pores. The acid wont burn through the skin or anything, it simply gets absorbed. Surprisingly tabs, gel tabs and liquid can all be absorbed through the skin. The next way that you can take crystal though is a little extraordinary. If one held some crystal LSD in their hand and simply blew air over the crystal into your direction, the LSD ‘dust particles’ become quickly absorbed through the nose, mouth, and even eyes. And yes, it can be absorbed through the eye; Many who have attained liquid LSD use this method of ingestion.
It does not matter what form of acid you take, or what way you choose to take it. The effects are almost exactly the same. Though there is a subtle difference with the initial onset. If you take a tab, or liquid for instance, you will begin to feel an elevated lift in mood, perception and thought in about 45 minutes. Yet if you take crystal, the onset is almost instantaneous.  But no matter what form you take, in about 2 hours after taking LSD you will feel its full effects and these effects usually last 8-12 hours, with the peak of the experience lasting anywhere from 6-8 hours. These effects can include, Visual disruptions such as things moving/ morphing/ breathing, and colors become vibrant and flowing. Often you get “cross-chatter” or a mix up of the senses. For example, you may see a sound, or smell a sight, or even taste a color. A few of the physical
Effects include dilated pupil, high body temp, uneasiness; dry mouth and loss of appetite are just a few. More psychological effects are increase in associated and creative thinking, increased awareness of music and senses, closed and opened eye visuals, sense of connection to the world or your surroundings, blurring of self and other, Change in perception of time and life changing spiritual experiences. Some of the more negative effects that can occur on some people are, difficulty concentrating, anxiety, tension in jaw, paranoia, unwanted thoughts or behavior, megalomania and “flash backs”. A flash back is a phenomenon explained as the reoccurrence of certain effects, perception, and aspects of ones experience with LSD without taking the drug. Flash backs can occur anywhere from days to years after use. Though no study has confirmed this flash back phenomenon, it is closely related to HPPD which is Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder, which is also an occurrence of certain affects.
With all these effects, and all these forms you’d think LSD would be expensive? But its quite the opposite. One hit can cost roughly 5-10 dollars for a single tab. Yet 10 hits would cost about 80-100 dollars. And a sheet of acid, which is a hundred hits, cost between 300- 450 dollars. Accordingly a vial of liquid LSD of approximately 100 hits usually costs a good 400 dollars. And with just one tiny hit, you get a good 10-12 hour rollercoaster ride.
So I think to myself, has this drug done more good then bad? Has it really, done bad? If Albert Hoffman had known that what he created would spark a counter culture movement of epic proportions, would he have released it? I think he would have. Albert Hoffman was both fascinated and cautious of what he created. He knew the Faults and the potential of LSD. So does a drug that for the most part influenced much of today’s thought deserve to be criticized? A drug where the creator and user of it was able to live to 102? Perhaps, but perhaps we may be using it wrong… “I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild” – Dr. Albert Hoffman

Edited by GoldenCapAttack (07/04/10 01:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

Re: My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #12846816 - 07/03/10 11:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

And yes, i know crystal CAN be taken orally.

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
    #12846823 - 07/03/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't read them but you mentioned pro drug. It's better if you just present the facts in an unbiased manner, because it seems more unbiased like that (who would have thought?). Like National Geographic.

--------------------

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
And psychedelics :D
 User Gallery

#12846824 - 07/03/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:
Tab, liquid, gel-tabs and microdots can all be taken orally, yet crystal cannot.

i got to here, and could not read anymore. :facepalm:

what would give you this idea?

--------------------
:bobmarley: Shroomism said:
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:
I usually combat those kinds of negative statuses with a status of my own.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

OfflineLustfulLinsanity
The Familiar Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: An island in the Pacific Flag
    #12846827 - 07/03/10 11:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

interesting reads, thanks!
your essay on LSD really made me want to get more!! like so bad. I think after vacation and i make some money again, im going to try and buy one of those bottles of liquid lsd :laugh:

--------------------

I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

Re: My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam [Re: The Vapor]
    #12846830 - 07/03/10 11:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ahhhhh NG style, i gotchya ha but ehhhh, thyre turned in, nothin i can really do.
But i like the way they turned out so i cant complain.

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

#12846834 - 07/03/10 11:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:
Tab, liquid, gel-tabs and microdots can all be taken orally, yet crystal cannot.

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

Edited by GoldenCapAttack (07/03/10 11:53 PM)

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
    #12846840 - 07/03/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

why even mention crystal...shit is so rare to come by

just sayin

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Edited by Doctor_Dick (07/03/10 11:53 PM)

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #12846848 - 07/03/10 11:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

maybe u should add about the supposed holes ketamine is suspected to put in someones liver after habitual use

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

#12846853 - 07/03/10 11:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ehhhh true, But i wouldve felt bad if i left it out.
But you know ive been "hearin" of some window pane
floating around lately. Not sure if its bullshit or not but hey,
you never know.

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

#12846862 - 07/03/10 11:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:
maybe u should add about the supposed holes ketamine is suspected to put in someones liver after habitual use

I didnt know it supposedly did that.
I i ever get the chance to write another Drug Essay ill be
sure to throw that in :smirk:

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#12846863 - 07/03/10 11:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

I heard that it along with N20 caused pitting in the brain. See Olney's Lesions

--------------------

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846865 - 07/03/10 11:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

oh didnt read that u already turned em in...my bad

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846871 - 07/04/10 12:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Vapor said:
Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

I heard that it along with N20 caused pitting in the brain. See Olney's Lesions

true but i don't know how reliable the whole rat studies are compared to how the drugs effect humans...still something to consider for sure though...

the liver holes definitely seem like the real deal though

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

#12846872 - 07/04/10 12:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nuerotoxicity is no fuckin Joke......

What i thought was funny though was one of the "negative" effacts on acid was Megalomania?

Megalomania -
1.Psychiatry . a symptom of mental illness marked by delusions of greatness, wealth, etc.
2.an obsession with doing extravagant or grand things.

Im guessing Leary suffered from this?

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

Edited by GoldenCapAttack (07/04/10 12:02 AM)

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#12846878 - 07/04/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What degree of use causes the holes in the liver from Ketamine? Cause habitual is very vaige.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846881 - 07/04/10 12:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

like dosing on the daily for a few months they say can start it

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846884 - 07/04/10 12:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSHKG8463320070621

read somewhere about australian kids getting hooked up to catheters for the rest of their life cus of k abuse...can't seem to find the article though

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

Edited by Doctor_Dick (07/04/10 12:11 AM)

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#12846892 - 07/04/10 12:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Lol, thats the first article I came across too. Thank god for google.

That news piece wasn't the best though. It says that ketamine causes that damage and then it says it might have been something else sold as ketamine. It didn't really say how large what each persons' habit was either.

Oh well I haven't had K before and I am not worried about liver damage if I do find the stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846912 - 07/04/10 12:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yeah it's not conclusive but i'd be weary

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

#12846918 - 07/04/10 12:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i actually just picked this up today.
Looks like its going to the resale stash

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12846923 - 07/04/10 12:20 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

heres a bit more about the kidney damage of k from wikipeed

A study in Bristol reported in the British Medical Journal on 3 May 2008 linked urinary tract disease with ketamine use. Symptoms reported by users include an increased need to urinate, passing blood in urine, leakage of urine and pain on urination. These symptoms are associated with the scarification of the bladder lining, which leads to a shrunken bladder, erythema, and contact bleeding, and can then move to the ureters and damage the kidneys.[94]

In a study of 9 daily ketamine users, Shahani et al. found "marked thickening of the bladder wall, a small capacity, and perivesicular stranding, consistent with severe inflammation. At cystoscopy, all patients had severe ulcerative cystitis. Biopsies in 4 patients revealed epithelial denudation and inflammation with a mild eosinophilic infiltrate. Cessation of ketamine use, with the addition of pentosan polysulfate, appeared to provide some symptomatic relief."[95]

Many long term users report "K-pains" or "ketamine cramps"[96]. The exact cause of these pains are unknown. The Ketamine induced abdominal pain is primarily limited to users injecting more than a gram or more of ketamine a day. It has been suggested that the amino acid Tyrosine may help alleviate the pain.[97]

In October 2009, Professor David Nutt, formerly of the British Home Office's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, recommended that ketamine be re-classed in the UK, as several patients who have used the drug recreationally had experienced bladder spasms and some have "irreversible bladder damage". Professor Nutt also reported that a small number of patients have had their bladder completely removed through ketamine abuse. The recommendation and case studies were featured heavily in the British press.[98]

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
 User Gallery

#12846943 - 07/04/10 12:30 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:

LOL

then why is it in the essay?

atleast take it out if its wrong before you show it to people on the shroomery... :lol:

--------------------
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

Re: My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12847001 - 07/04/10 12:58 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

While i was writing the essay i wasnt sure about it,
Most of the Facts in these essays were off of what
ive 'learned' on the drugs. Not 'Researched'; only a few specifics were 'researched'...
I found out that it could after it was written and final and i wanted ta give it to yall in
its entirety, but duly noted  :tongue:

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
 User Gallery

#12847046 - 07/04/10 01:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

indeed.

out of curiosity, and in the nicest way possible:

what gave you the idea that crystal lsd cannot be taken orally?

im seriously curious how you rationalized this.

--------------------

HappyTrippin said:

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male User Gallery

Re: My Essays on K and LSD for A Final Exam [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12847139 - 07/04/10 11:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I thought crystal would've been too powerful and you'd start
trippin before you even put it in your mouth. lol

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

Edited by GoldenCapAttack (07/04/10 02:16 PM)

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#12847293 - 07/04/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

People do say that they can feel energy flowing through them when they have crystal on their finger, so you never know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom