Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help...
    #8569870 - 06/27/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I just got a Seed grown B caapi of unknown strain and a Cielo strain B caapi cutting along with a Rifat Kratom clone i traded for 2 of my seed grown Thai kratom seedlings. i'm really excited. I potted the Rifat Kratom clone up in a big 7 1/2 gallon pot to let it grow real big before moving it into the ground next season for a tree size specimen. However I'm a little more perplexed about the B Caapi. Obviously the cutting I got has already been established as "cielo strain" but the seed grown B caapi I've been told can grow out as any strain no matter the parentage. I'm wondering how long before I'll know what strain I have in the seed grown plant?

Also I'm in USDA zone 9b-10a. Am I safe to put both B caapi plants in the ground. My winters don't get really cold until Jan-Feb. Then it only get around mid 40's early 50's but the wind chill factor has really done damage to my Chacruna and Thai kratom seedlings. I've always had to move them inside when really windy and rainy. Thats why I have the Rifat Kratom clone potted in a big pot until next season but the B Caapi will need something to climb. I've noticed they grow pretty quick. Will I be safe to pick some trees or a trellis to plant them next to. I hear once they find something to climb they will really take off. I'm hoping by the time the weather get bad in another 7-8 months they will both be well established and wrapped firmly around a host tree so not to worry about heavy rains or wind to kill them.

Any Advice would be appreciated. I'll have some pics posted tomorrow. I'm especially happy to finally have a Rifat Kratom cutting since they grow so much quicker than seed grown kratom. It seems like it's taken forever to get a hold of. Everybody seemed to be out of them. and both in the same trade. What luck. I've seen so many pics of full grown Rifat kratom tree's people have grown and I can't wait.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
Re: Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help... [Re: sturmer88]
    #8570308 - 06/27/08 08:43 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You'd have to have been told the strain of the seed-grown caapi by the person who gave it to you.  If they don't know, then it's just a seed-grown B. caapi to you, no strain.

--------------------
tradelist

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help... [Re: plainswalker]
    #8571469 - 06/27/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

plainswalker said:
You'd have to have been told the strain of the seed-grown caapi by the person who gave it to you.  If they don't know, then it's just a seed-grown B. caapi to you, no strain.

When I asked they said they didn't know. However i've been told by the guy I got my Cielo strain B Caapi cutting that no matter what the strain is from the mother plant the seedlings can come out any strain. It's all so confusing.

I'm just wondering if there are any signs of what strain they belong to just by looking at them. Here's a pic of both of my new B Caapi and my Rifat kratom cutting. it's a little droopy from shipping and transplanting. I'm gonna keep the Rifat kratom in the large pot until next spring when I'll put it in the ground to become tree size. I have a feeling it will grow much faster than my seed grown kratom plants.

Banisteriopsis caapi "Cielo strain"
cutting

Banisteriopsis caapi -Seed grown
"Unknown strain"

Kratom cutting "Rifat Strain"

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Loc: TN
    #8572357 - 06/27/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cool man, I had a B Caapi cutting growing for awhile but had to abort and let her dry out because of a move. Interested to know from someone who has experience. How easy is it grow indoors as a house plant type of situation? I get tons of light and the climate here is very hot and humid in the summer and mild winters.

Also, how fast have you noticed growth?

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help... [Re: Head Space]
    #8572568 - 06/27/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Cool man, I had a B Caapi cutting growing for awhile but had to abort and let her dry out because of a move. Interested to know from someone who has experience. How easy is it grow indoors as a house plant type of situation? I get tons of light and the climate here is very hot and humid in the summer and mild winters.

Also, how fast have you noticed growth?

I don't have the experience but i could only speculate that trying to grow B Caapi indoors wouldn't be to successfull since it's a vine and needs so0mething to climb up. I've been told once it reaches a certain height and has nothing for it leads to latch onto they die back and form new leads searching for a host to climb. I could be wrong but I would think the only way to grow a healthy B caapi would be outdoors. Once it finds something to climb like a tree or trellis I've been told it really takes off. I've noticed mine has already started to grow pretty quick looking for something to climb. I'm thinking of letting the seed grown Unknown strain B caapi climb a homemade Trellis but the Cielo strain B Caapi I'm gonna plant right next to a good size tree to take over.

Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
    #8573147 - 06/28/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sturmer88 said:

However i've been told by the guy I got my Cielo strain B Caapi cutting that no matter what the strain is from the mother plant the seedlings can come out any strain.

That's not true.

--------------------
tradelist

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help... [Re: plainswalker]
    #8576445 - 06/29/08 04:31 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I got an answer it seems the B Caapi seedling was grown from seeds harvested from a "Cielo" B Caapi, but this person also says that there can be variations within those variations different from the mother. I've done many searches but am unable to find much about the strain differences other than that shamans use different strains for different occasions during the Aya preperation and that Cielo is best for begginers, Black and red maybe stronger but causes lots of purging and white is used for healing and such.

It dosn't make much difference. if I was to attempt an Aya preperation it wouldn't be feasible for a couple years at least before attempting with any of my root bark. I just find when I start growing a new plant I love to immerse myself in as much info as I can find on it's subject. I've found lots of good info searching the shroomery and at the various Aya links on the net.

Offlinematty_mert
the axis here is still uknown!
Male

Loc: Australia, Melbourne, S.E Flag
    #12793792 - 06/23/10 10:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hi there, i have got my b.caapi's on they way today :smile: im already in winter here in melbourne but i thought abit outside the b.caapi square on how to grow them. and simply built a greenhouse for about $25 i bought ten 2 meter pieces of wood from bunnings (2x4) screwed together a box shape bought 2 hinges for $2 and screw on a lid (a square piece of wood that i made) for the top, and now i just need to staple plastic to it which will keep it nice and humid and keep an eye out for freezing cold nights maybe put a pot of boiling water to bump up the heat altho this could work as an opposite as the steam cools down could turn into frost so not sure on that idea yet im in the mist of finding what to grow the vine on i'll find the answer in the next ten minutes i recommend u search what you can grow a vine onb instead of trying to find what b caapi is best to grow on.
(p.s i just thought of when putting the plastic on my wood frame i could put one coat plastic on the inside of the frame and one on the outside so i will have a double insulated greenhouse and if could put couple bouiling cups of water in there so no humidity gets on the plants to turn into frost it would work great. what are your thoughts

--------------------
there are many many drugs. but none as good as the natrauls!

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Got new B Caapi and Rifat Kratom plants. Would like help... [Re: matty_mert]
    #12794207 - 06/23/10 11:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the Ethnogarden matty_mert! 

Just letting you know this thread is well over a year old and the people who were discussing in here may not be around anymore to answer your queries. Not that big of a deal it's just that it is better not to resurrect old threads like this unless you have some relevant info to add.

You would've been better off in this instance to make your own thread. Like I said it's not a big issue just letting you know how things roll around here. If you are unsure of the date of the post you are replying to there is a date at the top of the post saying when it was posted.

Other than that your idea sounds good. Any structure with see through/opaque plastic will work to keep the temperatures up a little and for heat you could always use an aquarium pump, they have a thermostat built in that can keep the temperature even and you wont need to change it constantly like you would a bowl of water. Also it is important to have some air holes in the structure to allow for adequate airflow and to allow some moisture to escape. A few holes at the base and at the top should be sufficient.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules