Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: Annom]
    #1270753 - 02/02/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, MAO's are always in your brain. I'm not sure if there is any way of making more of them or eating them; but I think you probably wouldnt want to unless perscribed. It would probably screw with your head a lot.

Interesting read dogomush, I'm interested in trying it sometime.

Good thread, look at what you started Loqux. 

Thats whats confusing me grandmaster, I keep reading sites and most of them contradict eachother. I think you sum it up very well though.  :crazy:

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (02/02/03 09:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1270974 - 02/02/03 10:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thats whats confusing me grandmaster, I keep reading sites and most of them contradict eachother. I think you sum it up very well though.

Yeah they are confusing aren't they? The older theories state that tryptamines (again,including lsd) antagonize serotonin and the most of the newer ones just vaguely state that it acts somewhat like serotonin.The only thing that can be safely said is that they have something to do with serotonin.I've actually heard some theories that state the direct effects aren't from serotonin at all and the that effects are from glutamate,which is influenced by serotonin.Remember,the brain acts like a single,incredibly complicated organ.One neurotransmitter might have a domino effect on other neurotransmitters.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: Xlea321]
    #1271070 - 02/02/03 11:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocin isn't DMT

yes it is... 4-ho-dmt

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1271144 - 02/02/03 12:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Alex is right, Psilocin isn't DMT.

That's like saying hydrocodone and oxycodone are the same drug.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by grandmasterfat (02/02/03 12:20 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: monoamine]
    #1271433 - 02/02/03 02:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

cool thanks for the tips grandmaster, that's good information and I think I will make it my official explanation for tryptamine action in the brain. So someone said that the stomach also has serotonin receptors right? I heard that the stomach is considered to be another brain due to the concentration of neurons or somesuch. That must play into the whole trip too eh? beyond just making you puke in certain situations...

And I highly reccomend syrian rue to everybody interested in shrooms. I know the site htttp://ethnogarden.yage.net is an excellent place to buy from. Prices in Canadian dollars and the company is Canadian as well. What's cool is that if you are Canadian as I am then you can buy things that are illlegal in the US (Ibogaine, peyote etc). Excellent prices on syrian rue.

OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1271579 - 02/02/03 03:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That site you listed doesn't work

Offlineshroomking
King of Shrooms
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1271596 - 02/02/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How do you take Syrian root and how much of it?

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1271661 - 02/02/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So someone said that the stomach also has serotonin receptors right? I heard that the stomach is considered to be another brain due to the concentration of neurons or somesuch

The stomach doesn't have neurons,but it has receptors for many of the same chemicals that are in the brain. These chemicals usually serve different functions outside the nervous system.Serotonin receptors in the stomach,as you may have guessed,have something to do with nausea.That's why things like psychedelics and SSRI antidepressants can cause nausea.However,serotonin might also directly control nausea in the brain too.Serotonin,along with other neurotransmitters, my act on "chemo" receptors in the parts of the brain that control things like nausea and appetite.Serotonin also plays a role in blood vessels opening and closing.

It's pretty amazing how nature uses the same chemicals for vastly different reasons.Tryptamines,and often serotonin itself,have been found in many plants,animals,and fungi.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: monoamine]
    #1271872 - 02/02/03 05:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ah I see thx for all the info grandmaster..

http://ethnogarden.yage.net

you gotta take one of those T's outta there now it should work.

Syrian rue how do you take it.... Well the dose is generally 3 grams. I take between 3 and 4 grams usually. Tea works really well. You can plunk the seeds into some warm water and let it steep. After you drink this down then wait about a half hour and then dose with your mushrooms. I used to just put the seeds into the water without grinding them, and although this worked, there is a very noticable difference when you grind them into a powder. I've tried to do this with mortar pestle and other things but they are little rocks so you need an electric coffee grinder to do it. I bought one for this purpose. Other ways I've taken syrian rue is I have ground it up and put it in gel caps. I think 6 gel caps does the trick. The only problem is that if you do this with something like ayahuasca and you puke then you get powdered syrian rue stuck between your teeth which is fucking gross especially when you are puking.

Summing up:

1) grind 3 grams
2)put rue in warm water with little lemon squeezings for extra extraction
3)strain in special drug-straining t-shirt and chug it. wait 30 minutes and then dose up on mushrooms.

You also have to watch what you eat. I always fast for at least 4 hours before taking it and I have special food ready for the comedown munchies and weed smoking session. You get really fucking stoned after a syrian rue trip I tells ya. To find a list of foods to avoid check erowid.org.

A friend of mine couldn't drink alchohol anymore because of liver troubles so he decided he'd get back into shrooming. We took him on a syrian rue trip and he said it was the best drug experience he'd ever had. It's familiar if you've done mushrooms but it's definetly different and highly reccomended.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: psilocybin vs psilocin trips... [Re: shroomking]
    #1272772 - 02/03/03 03:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You can find information on Syrian Rue at Erowid and Lycaeum; it may be listed under MAOI. Learn as much about it as you can to understand it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag